Flickering Tab control form

When I display the form, the screen flickers, the hourglass flickers
on and off, and the taskbar displays 'Calculating'.

The form is quite complex with nine tabs and seven subforms. but the
problem only occurs in certain records.

I have tried other suggestions suggested by the group, ie installing
Service pack 3; and changing unattached labels to text boxes, both
without success,

Sounds like you have triggered an endless loop here, so the form is
constantly recalculating or requerying the data.

If you are using Conditional Formatting on any controls, you might try
temporarily removing it to see if it helps. This is particularly a problem
for controls with a calculated expression in the Control Source, and the
issue is worse in Access 2000.

If that's not the case, see if you can track down anything in the events
that could trigger an endless loop. For example, if the subform's Current
event requeries the main form (or recalculates it), the main form might
respond by reloading the data for the subform to ensure it is up to date
with the new data. Naturally, when the record is loaded into the subform,
its Current event is triggered, and that code affects the main form again,
and ...

"colin spalding" <colin.mardell@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> When I display the form, the screen flickers, the hourglass flickers
> on and off, and the taskbar displays 'Calculating'.
>
> The form is quite complex with nine tabs and seven subforms. but the
> problem only occurs in certain records.
>
> I have tried other suggestions suggested by the group, ie installing
> Service pack 3; and changing unattached labels to text boxes, both
> without success,

0
AllenBrowne (3681)
2/16/2008 1:59:11 PM
Many, many thanks.  After hours of slog I have finally pinned it
down.  I'd guessed it was some sort of loop but couldn't figure out
where or why. It was exactly as you suggested with a Control Source
set to '=Count(SiteID)' on a subform within a subform.

Tab Events of Access Application ? (NOT Access Tab Control)
I'm trying to use the event when a person moves to a different form by clicking on the built in Access application tabs. Is there something I can reference or does it require some kind of subclassing/hook api calls? Thanks On Jul 21, 9:47=A0pm, "christianlo...@yahoo.com" <christianlo...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I'm trying to use the event when a person moves to a different form by > clicking on the built in Access application tabs. > > Is there something I can reference or does it require some kind of > subclassing/hook api calls? > > Thanks Hi Christian, You can use the OnDeactivate event. Imb. > You can use the OnDeactivate event. Hello Imb, Aha. Now I am forced to make an event for each form. Trying to automate what tab the ribbon moves to based on the access application tab. Okay, thanks. Access could use a rewrite of it's event system imho. There are no top level application events to tap into, no 'after delete' event, record saves w/ a 'dirty=true', it's all quite ridiculous. I was hoping the new table events would be the solution but they come up w/ this 'data macro' crap where there doesn't seem to be any way to call your own code on the event. Sometimes I wonder if the ms developers ever use Access. However, I love the report and form design improvements. <christianlott1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ba72c614-57c0-4045-9af0-3cd9734e923b@r18g2000vbs.googlegro...

Form layout question: How move controls in a Form to (in) a Tab Control?
Hi, I created a form with a lot of controls on it. (textboxes, pulldown's etc.) Because the form is a little full I want to move the controls to different pages on a tab control. HOW can one do this?. If I drag them the tab control is not 'activated' if the mouse pointer is above the tab control. (if one creates a new textbox and place it on the tab control this tab control page turns black to show it's activated) This does not work while dragging??! Thanks in advance, Eddie Smit Holland. (The Netherlands) >Because the form is a little full I want to move the >control...

Forms/Subforms in MS Access Database

Open Form in Ms-Access from a hyperlink by using dhtml control
Hey ! I'm having a little ms-access application problem. in form A I have a dhtml control which I'm trying to assign it's documentHtml property a html string. I want that the html string will contain a hyperlink which open another form in access. Can I do that ? David ...

How to import a tab delimited text file into MS Access database
Hi, I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. I have a tab delimited text file that needs to be imported into a MS Access table. The table is created and the table structure is defined using DAO methods. So now I have to fill this table with the data in the text files. For a few rows in the text file, the number of columns could be less than the number of columns in the table. Can anyone please post me the code to do this. Thanks a ton in advance. Pradeep wrote: > I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. We'd be happy to give you the VBA code, but do you really want ...

Tab control in one of the tabs of another tab control
One of my colleagues is working with a tab control. He has several tabs. He is trying to embed another tab control inside one of the tabs of the first tab control. He had placed the second tab control inside one of the tabs of the first tab control. But the problem is that the second tab control does not show up (unless one goes to the block diagram and double clicks the second tab control, only then does it shows up; when the vi is closed and reopened its again not there). I told him that I had never seen such functionality (a tab control inside another tab control) in any application but is it somehow possible. All this is required while the VI is not running and is being developed (of course it should work at run time, but this functionality must show while the VI is not running, i.e., this functionality should be non-programmatic. Is it possible. Thanks for your time. Hi rashid, yes it is possible. See the attached example. I see no problems with it.Hope it helps.Mike Untitled_LV71.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/323165/1/Untitled_LV71.vi Thanks <a href="../view_profile?user.id=88992" class="auth_text" style="font-weight: bold;" target="_blank"> MikeS81</a>! Yes you are absolutely right. Your VI is working perfectly. I wonder what has my friend done to get such behaviour as he is getting. Strange! Thanks for the help!Have a very nice day! Hi rashid, can you upload your vi, maybe someone found the proble...

MS Access 2002
MS Access 2002 - query form control returns funny symbols like [][] I am running an append query on a form. Access is having trouble with the calculated fields and comboboxes. Example &#8211; referring to forms!FormName!ControlName within the query should return the value of that control, correct? I am receiving symbols such as boxes [] or [][] as well as Chinese symbols. Any thoughts as to why this is happening. thanks This happens if Access does not understand the data type of the calculated controls. Typecast the calculated fields, and set the Format of unbound controls. For ...

MS Access 2000 VBA Code Shows Totally Incorrect Date from Controls on a Form
Hi, Sorry for my English. English is not my native tougue. I am working in MS Access 2000 with a SQLServer 2000 Backend database. MS Access 2000 is my GUI front end that has SQLServer linked tables in it. One of my forms has two TEXT BOX controls formated as Short Date. The form is binded to a linked table. The linked tables has about 7 records and one of the control is binded to a table field. These two controls displays the date correctly as 01/07/2006 and 31/07/2006 (I am running Windows XP, my regional setting is set to English Australia, location is set to Australia, language for non-...

Front panel controls and indicators flicker inside Tab Control
I'm using a Tab Control to organize controls and indicators by functions or processes.&nbsp; I notice that all of them no mater which tab I?m in, flicker.&nbsp; I don't have any item overlap each other.&nbsp; Even more strange is that when I made a similar Tab Control within the same application and transferred all of the controls and indicators to it, the flicker went away.&nbsp; In the end I kept the new tab control and deleted the old one and everything is working great. &nbsp; Anyone has any idea why this happened?&nbsp; Also I wanted to post this problem/solution in case anyone else has a similar problem in the future. &nbsp; Hector Soto &nbsp; &nbsp; hi there &nbsp; what's your LV version? i remember some bugs with LV 6.x and tab pages. &nbsp; what controls do you use?&nbsp;dou you handle with huge data amounts in graphs, pictures etc.? Or do you write to controls&nbsp;with very high rates? &nbsp; The best next step would be to post&nbsp;a stripped code that reproduces the behaviour so we can take a look at it. I'm using LV 8.5 for Window 2000.&nbsp; As I mentioned in the original post, the problem went away by just creating another Tab control and moving, without any modifications, the controls and indicators to it. &nbsp; Thanks for the reply, Hector ...

how to access database control of many oracle10g database instances on same server
I am on Redhat Linux 9 and using Oracle 10G (10.0.1.3?). I know how to create a Oracle database instance and use EM database control to administer the database. To access database control from a browser, Oracle asks to enter a URL: http://server_name:5500/em The URL does not specify the ORACLE_SID. I however want to create several database instances on the same box. Will Oracle automatically set up a different port (e.g., 5501) for second instance. All the documentation I have found on Oracle's web site refers to a single database instance on a server. Appreciate any pointers. Thanks a lot, Prem You need to read about Grid Control. Actually when you create your database using DBCA, it should ask you whether you want to use Grid Control or DB Console. Jining Han Jining Han wrote: > You need to read about Grid Control. Actually when you create your > database using DBCA, it should ask you whether you want to use Grid > Control or DB Console. > > Jining Han I hae read about Grid Control, but I think there is still a way to access many instnaces on the same server using database control. Prem Of course you can, a DB Console for each database, and you can choose that as your preferred approach, too. But I really think it's a waste of resources and a big inconvenience. You are probably better off with the "tradictional" desktop console. Just my 2 cents. Jining Han <premmehrotra@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:...

Making MS Access Form as a standalone form like in VB
Well, its sames difficult for me; I love access so much and wish to make it perform extra task. I prepared an HTML form but can not connect it to my access table and so I think it is possible to make an access form a standalone form for user input. Can anyone assist. My mail add is dianafather@aim.com. *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Oscar, why don't you just code up a VB form for user input and connect it to an Access backend? To my knowledge, you can't force an Access form to exist outside of Access. Your users would have to open the Access file to ent...

OT: MS Access runtime wants to control all MS Office charts
Office 97, Access 97, Sagekeys scripts. In addtion of Access 97, my runtime package is installed too. This is an old application that has been running since 1998. The customer is happy with it. I have a glitch in.... Powerpoint 97. When an user double-clicks a chart, it starts my Ms Access Runtime Installer! It will do the same if he right-clicks and uses 'Edit'. If he selects 'Open', it will do it in a separate windows and it is Ok. Thius probably comes because MS Chart is shared among office apps. I would really like to have this problem even if there is a turnarou...

Form size question with Access forms, remote desktop, and MS Surface Pro
Hi, I know this is a stretch to ask this question, but: We have an Access 2010 application hosted using Remote Desktop. When we access forms from the desktop they look like they should. And from an iPad. However, a client is using their Surface Pro the forms are so tiny that she can't use them when accessing our application "on the cloud". Otherwise, they look fine on a Surface Pro when running it off the cloud. Does anyone have an idea? I do not think there is anything that the people that are hosting our software can do. -paulw On Monday, 29 February 2016 17:30:11 UTC, PW wrote: > Hi, > > I know this is a stretch to ask this question, but: > > We have an Access 2010 application hosted using Remote Desktop. When > we access forms from the desktop they look like they should. And from > an iPad. However, a client is using their Surface Pro the forms are > so tiny that she can't use them when accessing our application "on the > cloud". Otherwise, they look fine on a Surface Pro when running it > off the cloud. > > Does anyone have an idea? I do not think there is anything that the > people that are hosting our software can do. > > -paulw It will cost you, but have a look at a program called "ShrinkerStrether from Peter's Software (http://www.peterssoftware.com/ss.htm) This should shrink or stretch forms and all their controls to match the scr...

Web resources about - Flickering Tab control form - comp.databases.ms-access

Flickering Myth (@flickeringmyth) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Flickering Myth @ flickeringmyth ...

All sizes - circular pair of fluorescent tubes flickering from the ceiling - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Flickering Halloween LED light with ATtiny13 and a Linear Congruential PRNG - YouTube
My wife wanted to have an illuminated pumpkin and so I hacked this together. Most other solutions I looked for either used Arduino (don't have ...

Cats get the job done, keep flag hopes flickering
Cats get the job done, keep flag hopes flickering

Melbourne Vixens beat West Coast Fever to keep finals hopes flickering
MELBOURNE Vixens have kept their slim finals prospects flickering after snapping a two-game losing streak to defeat West Coast Fever by eight ...

Flickering focus detracts from look at a life in lights
He leaps from one discipline to the next, but James Franco falls short as a writer.

No You’re Not Going Crazy, Your iPhone 5 May Be Flickering
Have you been experiencing an odd screen flicker when using your brand new beloved iPhone 5? Did you think you were seeing things? Rest assured ...

That flickering lightsaber from Star Wars: Ep VII ? Blame Apple’s Jony Ive
Rough-textured "spitty" lightsaber was a dinner party suggestion by Ive to J.J. Abrams.

Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 suffering from a ugly flickering screen problem but there is a fix
... reports of a big problem with Microsoft’s MacBook rival. According to numerous reports, the device is blighted with a nasty intermittent flickering ...

Apple issues fix for MacBook Air Wi-Fi bug and screen flickering problems
Apple on Thursday issued a software update for its latest 11-inch and 13-inch MacBook Air computers to fix issues with the screen and improve ...