Footer OK on print preview, but doesn't print to printer

I am only printing a page footer on page 1 and a page header after page
1. I have experimented heavily w/ placing a .Visible command in
different locations and the best results have come with the code below.
But while it looks perfect on the screen, The footer doesn't print at
all. How can this be???

   Private Sub PageHeaderSection_Format(Cancel As Integer...
      PageFooterSection.Visible = False
      PageFooterSection.Height = 0
   End Sub

0
ghnickel (1)

I had a similar problem once and i relised that if your fields are
color and your printer prints only in black than you will not see it in
printout but will show on screen. That is the best help I can offer

0
hasanainf (24)

HP Deskjet 3550 doesn't print when print preview is enabled
My Deskjet 3550 won't ever print when it gives a print preview. From the day I bought it, if there is a print preview it doesn't print, it just sits there. Anybody seen this before? ...

Netatalk Printing doesn't Print.
Hi, I'm running RH 7.3 with netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.3. I have been trying to figure out how to get my network printers to print from our Macs (OS 9.2 & OS X). I would like to run it through a print server to log all the print jobs, but I cannot seem to get the Macs to print to this printer. The printer comes up in the chooser without a problem, but when you hit print, it cannot seem to make the connection (i.e. it doesn't print). I have looked all over the web and could not seem to find a working answer to this...maybe comp.os.linux.networking could be of help? Here are my config files below. Thanks in advance, -D /etc/printcap : Printer1:\ :ml=0:\ :mx=0:\ :sd=/var/spool/lpd/Printer1:\ :af=/var/spool/lpd/Printer1/Printer1.acct:\ :sh:\ :lp=|/usr/share/printconf/util/jetdirectprint:\ :lpd_bounce=true:\ :if=/usr/share/printconf/util/mf_wrapper: /etc/atalk/config : # Appletalk configuration # Change this to increase the maximum number of clients that can connect: AFPD_MAX_CLIENTS=150 # Change this to set the machine's atalk name: #ATALK_NAME=`echo ${HOSTNAME}|cut -d. -f1` ATALK_NAME=LinuxBox # Set which daemons to run: PAPD_RUN=yes AFPD_RUN=yes # Control whether the daemons are started in the background ATALK_BGROUND=yes /etc/atalk/papd.conf : # Attributes are: # # Name Type Default Description # pd str ".ppd" Pathname to ppd file. # pr str &quo...

database layouts won't print, now database won't open
using Mac OS 10.3.4, filemaker pro 7. working with a database converted from filemaker 3. Everything seemed to be fine. Created a new table and imported data into that from another Filemaker 3 database (someone else created these). Layouts were created very easilly. I go to print a layout (label) and choose ALL and it will only print one record, no matter what I put in the print dialogue box. Open other databases and they all printed fine in similar layouts. Tried to "recover' it, thinking it was somehow corrupted (the woman was having a hard time printing it. I thought it was...

Print-Print versus Print-Preview-Print
Is there a difference between the following operations from any given program? Let's say Safari, because I often want to Preview to see how many pages there are before deciding to print. From Safari: File > Print --> print dialog > Print versus From Safari: File > Print --> print dialog then choose Preview --> Abode Reader view then print directly from Adobe using File > Print --> print dialog > Print It sounds like a waste of steps, but after I preview in Adobe Reader, I usually close the preview and go back and print directly from Safari. The outputs ...

I don't get why '>' doesn't get printed in the following example
When I do a here-document, the '>' character shows up to indicate the start of a newline. [cdalten@localhost ~]$ cat << EOF > My current directory is dir $PWD > EOF My current directory is dir /home/cdalten [cdalten@localhost ~]$ What prevents the '>' characters from showing up in the final output? On Jul 3, 10:35 am, Chad <cdal...@gmail.com> wrote: > When I do a here-document, the '>' character shows up to indicate the > start of a newline. > > [cdalten@localhost ~]$ cat << EOF> My current directory is dir $PWD > &...

Printer doesn't print
I connected a new printer HP business inkjet 2300 to an old AIX 4.2.1 machine (43P-140). The printer has a postscript interpreter, so I expected that it is able to print from the AIX machine. But if I issue a print job, I see some seconds "running", and then DEV_WAIT from lpstat. What is wrong? Regards, -- Burkhard Schultheis Tele Data Electronic, Wagnerstr. 10, D-76448 Durmersheim Email: schultheis@tde-online.de Phone: +49 7245 9287-21 >I connected a new printer HP business inkjet 2300 to an old AIX 4.2.1 > machine (43P-140). The printer has a postscript interpreter, so I ...

why the printer does't print my first requested printing task?
I 'm using web printer to print my result(graphs), I used a loop to run the program 5 times, but whenever I run the program, my first printing request is not carried out by the printer. It seemd that the printer did not respond to my first request. So I have to re-run the program one more time to get that missed "printing". and now it works. I don't know what is the real cause of this. ...

how to tell if ms access report is in print preview, or printing/exporting?
Hello, can someone help me. I want to display some fields on a report in print preview (i.e. instructions), that I don't want to print to the printer or export to file. I can't seem to find any way of telling that the report is displaying in print preview, vs. being actually printed or emailed/ exported. So for example when previewing, I'd do Me![Instructions].Visible = True. When printing, emailing, and exporting I'd do Me! [Instructions].Visible = False. I tried doing some stuff with Me.Printer.Port and Me.WindowWidth but that didn't work. Thanks mailjaneen@yahoo.com wrote: > Hello, can someone help me. > > I want to display some fields on a report in print preview (i.e. > instructions), that I don't want to print to the printer or export to > file. I can't seem to find any way of telling that the report is > displaying in print preview, vs. being actually printed or emailed/ > exported. > > So for example when previewing, I'd do Me![Instructions].Visible = > True. > When printing, emailing, and exporting I'd do Me! > [Instructions].Visible = False. > > I tried doing some stuff with Me.Printer.Port and Me.WindowWidth but > that didn't work. > > > Thanks > I created a report. It has the fields CustomerID and CustomerName. I created a report. It has a field called MakeVisible. And a button to call the report either as preview or print. If Preview, I set the fie...

Doesn't print on network printer
After install cups and remove cups, my redhat 7.3 (2.4.20) never print again. The lpq will show: Printer: pr3@dhcp212 Queue: no printable jobs in queue Server: no server active Status: job 'nick@dhcp212+631' removed at 11:32:57.687 Rank Owner/ID Class Job Files Size Time done nick@dhcp210+680 A 680 (STDIN) 191263 20:59:07 But windows machine print well. How to trace this problem? I tried to change to unix print to jetdirect, both doesn't work (it works before). ...

Can't print to HP LaserJet printer via Windows Printing
I can print to one of the HP LaserJet 2100tn printers via AppleTalk. But when I try to add the printer (via the Printer Setup Utility), I can't see it. 1. I click the Add button 2. I select Windows Printing from the drop-down list 3. I select a workgroup from the lower drop-down list No printers show up in the list. There are 2 HP LJ printers on the net, but none of them show up under Windows Printing. Am I doing something wrong? Also, I tried adding a printer via IP Printing. But when I try to print, I get no indication that the printer has received the job; no output. Maybe...

FR114P detect the printer but doesn't print
I try to print on a HP Laserjet 1005 (Win2000). The configuration seems to be ok, the spooler handle the print job without error message, and no print. What could it be ? Thanks in advance for your help. Pierre Did you delete the original printer install, and re-install it, as a networked printer? Bill Crocker "Pierre Feller" <pierre.feller@bluemail.ch> wrote in message news:c8269283.0404301340.311dd4c0@posting.google.com... > I try to print on a HP Laserjet 1005 (Win2000). The configuration > seems to be ok, the spooler handle the print job without error > message, and no print. > What could it be ? Thanks in advance for your help. > Pierre What I did: - re-install printer driver - switch on HP Laserjet 1005 before FR114P - change parallel-cable - there is a new menu in the firmware, not described in the manual, you get it with: 192.168.0.1/techsup.htm . This enable you to print directly from FR114P to the printer and to print with a special mode. But in my case it didn't help: with each print order the printer status change from ready to off-line. I am looking now for the possibility to change the handshake-signal from "ack and busy" to "busy" but where and how ? The HP support informs that the HP Laserjet 1000 family works with a hostbased driver and is not able to work as a network-printer ! ? This restriction is new for me, what is your experience with what printer ? ...

Printronics Printer
I just installed Printronics 5000 series printer and conneted via Ethernet. I use STRRMTWTR command to staart the writer. However, it prints everything in regular font. I have few reports that are condensed and it doesn't print in condensed format. What am I missing here. Umm You could try this ... create a device for the printer CRTDEVPRT , you'll need some sort of driver if you F4 prompt on the MFRTYPMDL field, you'll get a list, you might have to pick a driver that the printer can emulate , since your Printronics 5000 might not be listed. Peter "IKNIR" <as400tip...

Tiger doesn't print well (various printers)
Hi I have printing problems since I upgraded to a G5/Tiger. My setup was working perfectly on the G4 under Panther: HP CP1700 via USB, HP driver HP DJ1120C and DJ 500 via GIMP-PRINT Now except for the DJ500 nothing is working correctly on the G5/Tiger (10.4.2). The CP1700 says it's processing the page, pulls a paper in, but nothing ever comes out while the computer says printing went ok. I tried the CP1700 using GIMP-PRINT, through my HP Print Server. The 1120C doesn't even pull in a paper but I get an error message from the Print Monitor 'imagetoprint unex...

Printer won't print, messages won't delete in WindowsXP Pro
I'm running Windows XP Pro with a Lexmark Z22 printer. Often when I try to print, the printing notification widow pops up. As usual, I hear "Printing started," but nothing happens while the seconds are ticking away on the clock. If I try to cancel the job, then check the printing queue, the job is still there, marked "Deleting." The only way to get it to print is to restart, then it works (until the next time). The only way to delete the unsuccessful print job is to go into task manager under Processes and try to guess which process to delete. This works, when I g...

Access 2003 reports won't preview or print with Vista
Hi, We have a new client who says he can not preview or print an Access 2003 report on his Vista machine. They print on his XP machine. He says the screen just flashes. Other users using Vista have no problem previewing or printing our reports. Any ideas? -paulw "PW" <paulremove_williamson858@removehotmail.com> wrote in message news:4ci1q3d7m88set84rdpmspmlhkp24gfdpq@4ax.com... > Hi, > > We have a new client who says he can not preview or print an Access > 2003 report on his Vista machine. They print on his XP machine. He > says the screen just flashes. > > Other users using Vista have no problem previewing or printing our > reports. > > Any ideas? > > -paulw Other users on the same network/same office/same IT department installed it all have no problems? Or are you saying other users in other offices? I ask because I worked at an office were the IT department installed everyone's Access from the same flawed image. Having said all that...Vista annoys the bejesus out of me (and XP didn't so it's not a general anti-MS bias). I would not discount the idea that it is sentient (so it knows what will annoy me the most at any given moment) and in a former life worked at the Division of Motor Vehicles office. On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 19:31:57 GMT, "rox" <roxanne.gray@att.net> wrote: > >"PW" <paulremove_williamson858@removehotmail.com> wrote in message >news...

Redhat 7.3 doesn't print to network printer
After install cups and remove cups, my redhat 7.3 (2.4.20) never print again. The lpq will show: Printer: pr3@dhcp212 Queue: no printable jobs in queue Server: no server active Status: job 'nick@dhcp212+631' removed at 11:32:57.687 Rank Owner/ID Class Job Files Size Time done nick@dhcp210+680 A 680 (STDIN) 191263 20:59:07 But windows machine print well. How to trace this problem? I tried to change to unix print to jetdirect, both doesn't work (it works before). ...

Access 2013 (15.0.4615)
I have a report that runs fine on multiple machines through the organizatio= n (15 computers maybe run this program) and only ONE has come up with any p= roblem. I have a report that looks like=20 Section Number Description Price Include A00 00 Base Section $ 5,000 [V] A02 00 Bogus Test Section $ 300 [ ] A03 00 Last Section $ 1,250 [V] This is a poor representation, but out to the right, the [V] and [ ] are SU= PPOSED to represent checkboxes.. however when they print ...

Epson USB printer doesn't work with D-Link print server
Is there a print server than will wok with OS 9.1, with a USB printer? And or, with a LaserWriter Select 360? -Dennis -- Dennis Kessler http://denniskessler.com/acupuncture ...

HP Laserjet 2100 doesn't print out pic inside of MS Word document?
I have an MS Word 2003 document running under Windows XP that preview ok with a pic inside of the doc, but when you try to print the doc, it give a thick black line on the left border of where the pic is suppose to be. What happened? I tried to change all sorts of settings in printer preferences and properties, but no success. Thanks. In message <1128477788.828482.11890@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, icanluv2@yahoo.com writes >I have an MS Word 2003 document running under Windows XP that preview >ok with a pic inside of the doc, but when you try to print the doc, it >give a thick black line on the left border of where the pic is suppose >to be. What happened? I tried to change all sorts of settings in >printer preferences and properties, but no success. Thanks. > I suspect you have probably ticked a box somewhere in word so it doesn't print the pictures. Does that version of word allow you to generate pdf files? If so you could make a pdf of your word document and try printing that out. -- Timothy ...

Kyocera printer on two (2) IP OVMS 7.2-1 doesn't print.
Until now we've been able to print to a Kyocera printer queue initialized with the systartup_vms.com DCL command: $init/que/start/on=V99::"141...:9102"/proc=tcpip$telnetsym KYOCERA The print queue remains busy (doesn't print), after: 1)adding a second IP (10.60...) to the Alpha OpenVMS, 2)changing the Kyocera's address, gateway, etc to 10.60... 3)changing the DCL command to: $init/que/start/on=V99::"10.60...:9102"/proc=tcpip$telnetsym KYOCERA Rebooted the system after the changes. The HP4xxx DCPS Queues work fine after the IP change. Could I change the V9...

Can't clean. Says it's printing. It isn't.
I'm trying to clean cartridge heads in an HP660C printer that has been unused for some time. I printed one test page which showed streaks. No other jobs had been set up for printing nor were being printed. When I went to the services page and tried to clean the heads it kept coming up with a message that I can't because the printer is printing. It wasn't. I tried "purge print documents", and turning the printer off and on again. Still wouldn't clean. Thanks for any suggestions. I really need to get some letters printed soon. "Martin" <marty123@optonline.net> wrote in message news:sDY7d.28771$kq6.18831495@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net... > I'm trying to clean cartridge heads in an HP660C printer that has been > unused for some time. I printed one test page which showed streaks. No > other jobs had been set up for printing nor were being printed. When I went > to the services page and tried to clean the heads it kept coming up with a > message that I can't because the printer is printing. It wasn't. > > I tried "purge print documents", and turning the printer off and on again. > Still wouldn't clean. > > Thanks for any suggestions. I really need to get some letters printed > soon. > Removed and reinstalled cartridges. Problem solved. Not sure why. ...

To print or not to print
What is a symptom of, when a print statement, inserted into a program as a diagnostic, removes an error? -- Dieter Britz (dieterbritz<at>yahoo.com) Dieter Britz wrote: > What is a symptom of, when a print statement, inserted into a program > as a diagnostic, removes an error? Array bound violation is the most likely. Some additional memory space is allocated for the purpose of the print statement, and the array then overflows into that space without any visible effect. Dieter Britz <dieterbritz@yahoo.com> wrote: > What is a symptom of, when a print statement, inserted into a > program as a diagnostic, removes an error? Without knowing the error it is hard to say. With x87 floating point, small changes can change the precision (and/or accuracy) of the result. -- glen "Dieter Britz" <dieterbritz@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:hi4llg$eup$1@news.net.uni-c.dk... | What is a symptom of, when a print statement, inserted into a program | as a diagnostic, removes an error? Almost certainly, it is a subscript or substring error. Less likely causes are uninitialized variables, mismatched argments/dummy arguments, etc. For starters you need to turn on all checks. Try to explicitly switch off any optimization. I have this often when the optimizer takes a short-cut and when the print-statement prevents optimization and therefore the faulty short-cut in command execution. Also: activate all...

why doesn't this eval print ?
eval 'print "hello world"'; main::(x.pl:4): eval 'print "hello world"'; DB<1> n main::((eval 8)[x.pl:4]:1): print "hello world" DB<1> *DOH!* Where IS it!? -Homer Mr P wrote: > eval 'print "hello world"'; > > main::(x.pl:4): eval 'print "hello world"'; > DB<1> n > main::((eval 8)[x.pl:4]:1): print "hello world" > DB<1> > > > *DOH!* Where IS it!? > > -Homer Did you hit 'n' again to execute the last line of code ? I...

Access 2010 Print Ribbon Error: "The expresion you entered has a function that Microsoft Access can't find"

Web resources about - Footer OK on print preview, but doesn't print to printer - comp.databases.ms-access