Form resizing

I am using the Getz et al approach to form resizing, and have
encountered a problem, which doesn't seem to have been mentioned here:
If I "squeeze" the form that I want to resize, so that the edge of the
form covers some of the objects in the form, the code seems to enter
some sort of infinite loop (perhaps - I haven't waited long enough
;-), the cursor remains as hourglass, and the only solution is to
break out of code. Is there some parameter that I should be setting in
code in the OnOpen event, to prevent this behavior? Should I be
setting the MinWidth, MaxWidth, MinHeight and MaxHeight properties?

TIA

Perry
0
perryza (2)

Forms/Subforms in MS Access Database

Wanted
I am wanting to be able to write reports against an ms-access database that is part of another package. I only want to report from the database. What I need is a package that will allow me to create the reports and then be able to distribute a run-time version. The client may not have Office so the package must run standalone. It could get to the Access database through an ODBC driver. Does anyone know what packages available? It looks like Crystal Reports has taken out their runtime version with their latest software but that was only a footnote in a book that I was reading. Please provide me with a list to start researching. Thanks, Joe There used to be other third-party report writers, but I don't know how many have survived over the years -- Crystal Reports appears to have been the most popular of these packages. (It is the only one that I have observed closely in use, and I saw some impressive work done with it on web applications against SQL Server.) Unless the magnitude of the distributable would be a problem, you can create your reports in Access, and distribute the Access application to run them with Access' runtime support. You'll get the Access runtime support in the Office Developer Edition for Access 97 - 2002, and in the Visual Studio.NET Tools for Office 2003 System for Access 2003. If you have difficulties with deployment using only the Packaging and Distribution Wizard, you can use a third-party installer such as Wise InstallMaster or Instal...

access MS-Access database in C# Windows Application
Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application Blocks to access the database. I have tried 2 possible connection strings. ----------------------------------------- str_1 = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" + DBFilePath; str_2 = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" + DBFilePath; //SqlHelper is the class in the Microsoft Application Blocks SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery( str_1, CommandType.Text, SQL_str); ----------------------------------- The error message I got is: "Unknown connection option in connection string: driver." for str_1 and " Unknown connection option in connection string: provider." for str_2 So I am wondering, where is the problem? Is it because my connection string for MS Access is specified wrongly? Or is it because I cannot use SqlHelper to access the MS Access database? ( I have used SqlHelper class to access the MS SQL server, and it works) Your help will be greatly appreciated. James James wrote: > Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine > in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. > > But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application > Blocks to access the database. > > I have tried 2 possible connection strings. > > ----------------------------------------- > ...

How to connect MS Access form to MS SQL Server
Hello all I created an application which use MS Access 2000 as user interface and MS SQL Server 2000 as backend. If I want to get data from MS SQL Sever 2000 and display them on the MS Access 2000 form, where do I set the database connection to the form (i.e. tell the form to get data from MS SQL server database)? Thanks Bon In Windows control panel, admin tools, data sources (ODBC), create a system DSN of type SQL server and fill in the parameters for your SQL database. In Access, select file / get external data, files of type ODBC. Select machine data source, select the DSN you created and the table(s) you need. ...

Resizing Form Objects when a form is resized
I know this has probably been asked a million times and I have searched Google on and off -- what I need however is a dumbed down tutorial or a demo project I can play with. I have coded a multi threaded IRC client that can hit multiple servers at the same time and do all kindsa snazzy stuff however it looks crappy when forms are resized -- Cheers James Starritt wrote: > I know this has probably been asked a million times and I have searched > Google on and off -- what I need however is a dumbed down tutorial or a demo > project I can play with. I have coded a multi threaded I...

Making MS Access Form as a standalone form like in VB
Well, its sames difficult for me; I love access so much and wish to make it perform extra task. I prepared an HTML form but can not connect it to my access table and so I think it is possible to make an access form a standalone form for user input. Can anyone assist. My mail add is dianafather@aim.com. *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Oscar, why don't you just code up a VB form for user input and connect it to an Access backend? To my knowledge, you can't force an Access form to exist outside of Access. Your users would have to open the Access file to enter data, no matter how you set up the Access form. On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 11:35:09 GMT, Oscar N. Goyee <dianafather@aim.com> wrote: It's poor newsgroup practice to ask for email responses. Unlike what Steve said, you can create a form that lives outside of the Access main window: make it a popup. There is also nifty code out there (google for it), that puts the Access main window behind that popup, and moves it with it when it moves. To the end user it appears you have a single-form application. -Tom. >Well, its sames difficult for me; I love access so much and wish to make >it perform extra task. I prepared an HTML form but can not connect it to >my access table and so I think it is possible to make an access form a >standalone form for user input. Can anyone assist. My mail add is >dianafather@aim.com. > > > >*** Sent via Developersdex http://ww...

How to Automatically Resize Form Controls When Resizing a Form
Hello folks, I am an experienced developer with other languages and applications, but a neophyte when it comes to MS Access forms. Can someone please help get me with a solution for the following issue: On a form, I have an object (ImgEdit control from MS Imaging) that needs to automatically grow and shrink when a user resizes the form. The object *does not* need to grow and shrink based on the size of the image that is being displayed. Rather the object needs to grow and shrink so that it occupies the maximum possible screen real estate as the size of the form window is adjusted by the user. Please note that there are also other controls on the form, all to the left side of the ImgEdit object if it matters. In some other languages that I have used, there are various ways of "attaching" an edge of one object to the edge of another object, so that the size of one object automatically adjusts based on the size of the other object, and that is essentially the same functionality that I need here. I feel certain that there must be some reasonably easy way to do this, and could swear that I have seen this capability utilized in MS Access forms developed by others. But I can't figure out how this is being done, and can't seem to locate any relevant docs. Can someone please help me see the light? Thanks, s/KAM I think Peter de Baets' Resizer might help you http://www.peterssoftware.com -- -Larry- -- "Kevin Myers" <KevinMyers@austin...

databases.ms-access
hi for fun masti, fashion, articles,mobiles, cars etc plz visit these sites http://www.familypk.com http://www.enttwist.com thanks ...

MS Access Script to import data from external mde database to mdb database
Hi, Does anyone know of a way I can write a script that imports a table from a particular .mde file? I don't seen any obvious way to do it as a macro. Any suggestions if it can be done as a macro or as a written module? My ultimate goal is to have script that clears info out of 1 table in an .mdb file, imports an identically structured table from a .mde file, runs an append query I have in place to copy the data from the imported table to the table in my.mbd file, and then delete the imported table. Any help that could be provided would be greatly appreciated. Best wishes, George Hadley ghadley_00@yahoo.com With DBEngine(0)(0) .Execute "DELETE * FROM Suppliers WHERE SupplierID IN (SELECT SupplierID FROM Northwind.mde.Suppliers)" .Execute "INSERT INTO Suppliers SELECT * FROM Northwind.mde.Suppliers" End With Is this code I would run as a module? Yes or you could use the strings in two separate saved queries. ...

MS Access databases
Hello, I have been trying to read a simple MSAccess database and show the records on screen but no success so far. I have created a DSN (Data Source Name) in my Win 2k box and the connection goes ok. But when I try to return a ResultSet using a simple SELECT statement, ("SELECT * FROM MyTable") no records appear. Database is Ok. It is a very simple table. I don't get *any* error message but also no records from it. Is there anything special I need to do for accessing it? Does anybody have a simple code for accessing MSAccess databases? (From DSN creation till sample code) Thanks in Advance. Java Newbie. import java.sql.*; public class DataBase { public static void main(String[] args) { String data = "jdbc:odbc:YahooAddrBook"; // data base friendly nam try { Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection( data, "", ""); Statement st = conn.createStatement(); String q = "SELECT * " + "FROM yahoo_ab " + // table name "WHERE (\"Last Name\" LIKE '"+ args[0]+"') "+ "ORDER BY (\"First Name\")"; System.out.println(q); ResultSet rec = st.executeQuery(q); while(re...

Web resources about - Form resizing - comp.databases.ms-access

ASP.NET Image Resizing & Cropping Module for IIS - Free & Open Source
Resize, watermark, crop, rotate and filter from the image URL. Usable from javascript, css, html, php, ruby, python, asp, asp.net, anything! ...

Recutting and Resizing Saw Teeth - with Paul Sellers - YouTube
No matter the reason, this video show you how simple it is to cut new saw teeth in any handsaw. Yes, that means from small dovetail saws to the ...

This Upcoming Jailbreak Tweak Allows For Notification Resizing
... you can’t see the above video, please click this link .) Source: Jailbreak Nation This Upcoming Jailbreak Tweak Allows For Notification Resizing ...

Apple exploring self-resizing keys for iPhone keyboard
A patent application revealed on Thursday shows that Apple may be working on improving the accuracy of the touchscreen keyboards featured in ...

Greenshot adds screenshot callouts, resizing, more
You might have missed it over the holidays, but just before Christmas the excellent screenshot tool Greenshot was updated to version 1.2 with ...

'Seam carving' photo resizing now for video
Researchers have shown 'seam carving' for expanding or shrinking photos while preserving important elements, but now it works on video, too. ...

This Resizing Of The Batter's Box Sponsored By The Three Stooges
Yesterday's White Sox home opener against the Tigers was delayed when Detroit slugger Miguel Cabrera noticed the batter's boxes weren't in the ...

Gmail 4.2.1 for Android adds easier resizing, swipe features and more
That leaked Gmail APK we peeked at a month or so ago turned out to be right on the money. Google has just released version 4.2.1 of the Gmail ...

Resizing
June 22 (Bloomberg) Citigroup Inc., the bank that's lost more than any other in the collapse of the U.S. mortgage market, plans to fire as much ...

Apple Seems Slightly More Apologetic as it Removes Page Resizing Code
Apple continues to make an absolutely huge mess of apologising to Samsung, with the Javascript that initially hid the legal correction from view ...