Form size question with Access forms, remote desktop, and MS Surface Pro

Hi,

I know this is a stretch to ask this question, but:

We have an Access 2010 application hosted using Remote Desktop.  When
we access forms from the desktop they look like they should.  And from
an iPad.  However, a client is using their Surface Pro the forms are
so tiny that she can't use them when accessing our application "on the
cloud".  Otherwise, they look fine on a Surface Pro when running it
off the cloud.

Does anyone have an idea?  I do not think there is anything that the
people that are hosting our software can do.

-paulw
0
PW

On Monday, 29 February 2016 17:30:11 UTC, PW  wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know this is a stretch to ask this question, but:
>
> We have an Access 2010 application hosted using Remote Desktop.  When
> we access forms from the desktop they look like they should.  And from
> an iPad.  However, a client is using their Surface Pro the forms are
> so tiny that she can't use them when accessing our application "on the
> cloud".  Otherwise, they look fine on a Surface Pro when running it
> off the cloud.
>
> Does anyone have an idea?  I do not think there is anything that the
> people that are hosting our software can do.
>
> -paulw

It will cost you, but have a look at a program called "ShrinkerStrether from Peter's Software (http://www.peterssoftware.com/ss.htm)

This should shrink or stretch forms and all their controls to match the screen resolution

Phil
0
pstanton54
2/29/2016 5:37:03 PM
On Mon, 29 Feb 2016 09:37:03 -0800 (PST), pstanton54@gmail.com wrote:

>On Monday, 29 February 2016 17:30:11 UTC, PW  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I know this is a stretch to ask this question, but:
>>
>> We have an Access 2010 application hosted using Remote Desktop.  When
>> we access forms from the desktop they look like they should.  And from
>> an iPad.  However, a client is using their Surface Pro the forms are
>> so tiny that she can't use them when accessing our application "on the
>> cloud".  Otherwise, they look fine on a Surface Pro when running it
>> off the cloud.
>>
>> Does anyone have an idea?  I do not think there is anything that the
>> people that are hosting our software can do.
>>
>> -paulw
>
>It will cost you, but have a look at a program called "ShrinkerStrether from Peter's Software (http://www.peterssoftware.com/ss.htm)
>
>This should shrink or stretch forms and all their controls to match the screen resolution
>
>Phil

*--

Thanks, but there is no problem with people using iPhones, iPads, and
I think Androids, and PCs or Macs with our application hosted using
Remote Desktop.

Just this one client using her Windows Surface Pro.

But, it might work!

-paulw
0
PW
2/29/2016 5:51:16 PM
On Monday, February 29, 2016 at 12:30:11 PM UTC-5, PW wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know this is a stretch to ask this question, but:
>
> We have an Access 2010 application hosted using Remote Desktop.  When
> we access forms from the desktop they look like they should.  And from
> an iPad.  However, a client is using their Surface Pro the forms are
> so tiny that she can't use them when accessing our application "on the
> cloud".  Otherwise, they look fine on a Surface Pro when running it
> off the cloud.
>
> Does anyone have an idea?  I do not think there is anything that the
> people that are hosting our software can do.
>
> -paulw

See this MS article.  https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/apps-and-windows-store/app-display-issues
0
Patrick

HOWTO: access a form outside of MS Access
Hello, Is there any possible way to use forms, created in MS Access environment, in external applications (through COM, etc.)? Regards, Vladimir. Yes, but why? On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:26:45 +0600, "Vladimir" <genisoft@ufacom.ru> wrote: >Is there any possible way to use forms, created in MS Access environment, in >external applications (through COM, etc.)? -- Warning: Dates In Calendar Are Closer Than They Appear. > > Yes, but why? I need to use them like dialogs from my MFC app. So how can I use them? > > On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:26:45 +0600, ...

How to connect MS Access form to MS SQL Server
Hello all I created an application which use MS Access 2000 as user interface and MS SQL Server 2000 as backend. If I want to get data from MS SQL Sever 2000 and display them on the MS Access 2000 form, where do I set the database connection to the form (i.e. tell the form to get data from MS SQL server database)? Thanks Bon In Windows control panel, admin tools, data sources (ODBC), create a system DSN of type SQL server and fill in the parameters for your SQL database. In Access, select file / get external data, files of type ODBC. Select machine data source, select the DSN you create...

MS Access Form Format Question
I have 2 forms that I am using for inputing data. The first form ('Client') has various info based on a 4 digit client number (name, address, ect). The second form ('group') has a group name and the option to add up to 10 of the aofrementioned account numbers that have something in common (similiar mailing addresses for instance). What I am trying to do is get a box in the 'Client' form to automatically show the group name entered in the 'Group' form IF the account number is one of the 10 account numbers in the 'Group' form. Any ideas. Please be as sp...

Forms/Subforms in MS Access Database

MS Access Forms and Reports Question
Hey folks, I am trying to make a form that has a button linked to a report. Instead of when pressing the button just bringing up the specific records information, it is searching the whole table that the form is linked to and bringing that up in the report. I know there is a way to just print the selected record in the form and turn that into a report and print that. Does anyone know how to do this? Does a query need to be made? I tried searching the help files to no avail. I have done this before a long time ago, I just don't remember how. Thanks Allison Allison wrote: > Hey ...

Any MS Access that is NOT MS Access in WinXP?
Hi all, I have a small application for bookkeeping, actually working in Access with small routines in VBA. I want to rewrite it in Java, but I don't want to use Access anymore. I started looking for another database, but I found none. I already know (and used) MySQL and PostgreSQL (waiting 7.4), but as far as I know they are only daemon, and under windows they use a lot of memory and CPU time. It's like installing a Ferrari only to cross the road. Maybe an approach with loading the daemon at the start of the program, and quitting it at the end, but I don't know how ...

Making MS Access Form as a standalone form like in VB
Well, its sames difficult for me; I love access so much and wish to make it perform extra task. I prepared an HTML form but can not connect it to my access table and so I think it is possible to make an access form a standalone form for user input. Can anyone assist. My mail add is dianafather@aim.com. *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Oscar, why don't you just code up a VB form for user input and connect it to an Access backend? To my knowledge, you can't force an Access form to exist outside of Access. Your users would have to open the Access file to ent...

MS Access Database with Remote Desktop
Dear Access Guru's, Hopefully you can help me (as Microsoft don't seem to be able to) We have an Access database on a Windows 2003 server with 5 CALS in our office. Access is loaded onto the server. We have 2 PC's connected to it on the LAN We are planning to open 2 remote offices and we want to be able to use the Access database at the remote offices as well as the local office. I have tested the remote desktop to the server and it allows me to connect and use the database. How many remote desktops can I run to the server simultaneously? Do i need terminal services? Can I ...

How to connect a remote MS Access/MS SQL Database from JSP on Linux?
I want to use JDBC to connect a remote MS Access/MS SQL database, however, I found that JDBC-ODBC is not support on remote database and Linux. I've visit the site of some middleware, like RmiJdbc, IDS,.... However, seems don't know how to make it functions and difficult to configure. Do anyone can give me a solution? Thanks Vincent ...

Open Access Database Form from within Access database
I have included the following code to open an Access database form from within an exsisting Access database. But when I run the code, it appears that it opens the database because in windows explorer I can see the database has the .ldb file extension. So it appears that it's open, but I can't see the database or the form that I've tried to open. What am I doing wrong. The following is the code: 'This is in the declaration part of the module Dim appAccess As Access.Application ' Initialize string to database path. Const strConPathToSamples = "C:\Documents a...

Question re: MS Access Forms or Data Pages
I have a single large MS Access table with about 25 fields (Grant Number, Project, Check Date, etc.). I&#8217;d like to create a form or data sheet that would allow people who are not familiar with Access queries to look up (not add or edit) information. For example, to find all the transactions that are associated with a particular grant number. Is the best way to do this to create a form based on a blank query for the input, then have a sub-form for the results? Thanks! Hi Jeff, This is a simple approach but it'll get you started: I created a blank form, no recordsource. One c...

Running a MS Access database report form with ADO
To All Is there a way to run an embedded MS Access report form with ADO .. I have inherited a large number of reports in an Access .MDB and want to take advantage of the report forms .. Any Suggestions ? Thanks Rick Lipkin Dear Rick Lipkin: On Jan 25, 7:59=A0am, Rick Lipkin <r1.1...@live.com> wrote: > To All > > Is there a way to run an embedded MS Access report form with ADO .. I > have inherited a large number of reports in an Access .MDB and want to > take advantage of the report forms .. > > Any Suggestions ? Maybe syntax similar to this, if we've imple...

MS Access Question for Access Gurus
I have one table called Album another table called Song One Album has many songs I created an Album form that contains a Song Subform. in the Song table I have a field id which is the primary key, and another field called index The song index is a number that represents the song number on the record. For example on the Beatle's Album: Abbey Road the song indices are as follows: Track Listings 1. Come Together 2. Something 3. Maxwell's Silver Hammer 4. Oh! Darling 5. Octopus's Garden 6. I Want You (She's So Heavy) 7. Here Comes the Sun ...

Remote access to a ms-access db
Hello On my webserver I' ve got a ms-access database running. Now I would like to establish a remote access to this database, like the same I know in mysql. Are there any possibilities via ODBC-driver and over HTTP-Protokoll to access onto a ms-access db? Thanks a lot. Cheers - Hans Investigate connecting to an Access database using ASP (active server pages) and ADO. ...

MS Access remote access from ADO
Hi all, first of all, sorry, my English is horrible. I have a local Borland Visual C++ application that uses an Access .mdb file as DB. I need to make this application distributed, with a centralized DB and many clients accesing to it. Could somebody suggest a way to do this if: - If possible, I want to keep Access as DB, because I would have probably to change many queries and I don�t have enough time to do it. If possible, we won�t to use a database server, like MSDE or MySQL (as you can see, we can afford a licensed product as SQLServer). - I can connect a client to a .mdb file in another...

Should I upgrade from MS Access 97 to MS Access 2002
Hi guys My company has in one of their products used Access 97 and MS JET 3.5 for several years now. Should we move the database to Access 2002 -which we use now in other parts of the company and also upgrade the MS JET to the latest version? And what does MS JET do? Kjell Arne Johansen MS Jet is the database engine that comes with, and is, by default, used by Microsoft Access. If you aren't having any troubles with the Access 97 database, then there isn't any technical reason to change. There may be company political reasons if, say, the IT department only wants to have one ve...

Hi! Is there a MATLAB command which gives access to a .mdb MS Access database or do I need a special driver? Thanks, Andree Hi Andree Ellert, you can use activeXcontrol to interact with MS-Access database. access = actxserver('Access.Application'); returns the handle for Access. set(access, 'Visible', 1); will show the opened Access window. use get(access) and set(access) commands to find the methods available to call. -Vadivelu M =========== http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/database/datatool.shtml "Andree Ellert" <ellert@gmx.net////...

access to MS Access password-protected database?
Can anyone direct me towards a code snippet showing how to use Python to insert data into a password-protected MS Access database? My google searches have been uninformative for dbs that are password-protected. Thanks, Ken On Feb 11, 10:43=A0am, Ken McDonald <kmmcdon...@medicine.wisc.edu> wrote: > Can anyone direct me towards a code snippet showing how to use Python =A0 > to insert data into a password-protected MS Access database? My google = =A0 > searches have been uninformative for dbs that are password-protected. > > Thanks, > Ken You post is a little vague...

I m currently developing a java based application and want to know how can i make client access database located on the server? "HeMan_Speaks" <Lunar20092010@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d71ce567-0434-48b8-b1d2-bb191706ab45@w8g2000prd.googlegroups.com... >I m currently developing a java based application and want to know how > can i make client access database located on the server? I think you're going to have to expand a little bit more in your question here, as is not 100% quite clear what you're trying to do. You might want to make a little bit of a d...

Import MS Access Forms
I have a MS Access 97 database that needs to be converted to Oracle. Is it possible to import MS Access forms into an Oracle development? If so, where might I look for more information. Andy hiestand@kgexpress.net says... > I have a MS Access 97 database that needs to be converted to Oracle. > > Is it possible to import MS Access forms into an Oracle development? Short answer, no. MS Access is really an application server with the MS Jet database engine integrated inside it. Oracle RDBMS can replace (and massively out-perform) the Jet engine database, but...

Web resources about - Form size question with Access forms, remote desktop, and MS Surface Pro - comp.databases.ms-access

Clarence Thomas Asked A Question!
Clarence Thomas speaks!

What Do You Have to Hide ?- The Most Dangerous Question in America
Lets supposed that you agree, like I do, that 99pct of Americans are honest. We live our lives in a law abiding fashion. That there is nothing ...

"For first time in 10 years, Justice Clarence Thomas asks questions during an argument."
"The content of the Thomas inquiry was of less interest than it having happened at all," writes Robert Barnes in WaPo . The question was just: ...

Weekly Memo Questions: Econ 210a Spring 2016: Introduction to Economic History
**Memo Question for: Commercial and Other Pre-Industrial Economic Revolutions:** The January 20 class painted a picture of an economic world ...

Clarence Thomas asks questions in court for 1st time in 10 years
Perennially silent justice speaks up as Supreme Court weighs changing law that bans people convicted of domestic violence from owning guns

Justice Thomas asks questions for 1st time in 10 years, stuns Supreme Court crowd
Chicago Tribune Justice Thomas asks questions for 1st time in 10 years, stuns Supreme Court crowd Chicago Tribune Justice Clarence Thomas ...

Justice Clarence Thomas breaks 10-year streak, asks question in court
CNN Justice Clarence Thomas breaks 10-year streak, asks question in court CNN (CNN) For the first time in a decade, Supreme Court Justice ...

One question for Cisco channel chief Wendy Bahr
One question for Cisco channel chief Wendy Bahr Computer Dealer News It's the eve of the Cisco Partner Summit in San Diego, Calif., and Wendy ...

Chris Wallace Scolds Ted Cruz For Throwing A Tantrum Over Fact-Based Questions
Fox News host Chris Wallace smacked down Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz on Sunday after the GOP hopeful suggested suggested that ...