Form/Subform In Continuous Form

Is there a way to put a main form/subform in a continuous form so I can
scroll through all the records in the main form?

Thanks!

0
email8119 (21)

"Steve" <Email@Invalid.com> schreef in bericht =
> Is there a way to put a main form/subform in a continuous form so I =
can
> scroll through all the records in the main form?
>=20
> Thanks!
=20
Huh ?? Would that be nice ?? Why do you want that ??
I guess you need to use a continuous form, and open a particular =
(filtered) mainform by means of a doubleclick (or something like that) =
in the record you need.

Arno R
Steve wrote:
> Is there a way to put a main form/subform in a continuous form so I can
> scroll through all the records in the main form?
>
> Thanks!

You could create a continuous form of the main form (subA). And make a
continous form of the subform (subB).  Then create/open up a new form
(MainForm) and drop both forms into the new form.    You wouldn't use
Master/Child linking between the two subforms.  In the subform SubA you
might have in the OnCurrent event some code like
	Forms!MainForm!SubB.Filter = "CustID = " & Me.CustID
	Forms!MainForm!SubB.FilterOn = True

SuperStar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_3zRh6HeZs

0
oil (4047)
3/1/2008 8:32:25 PM
Thanks for responding!

That's not quite what I want. In your scheme you only see the related
records in SubB for the current record in SubA. What I would like to see is
something like this:
Customer1
    Order1
    Order2
    Order3
Customer 2
    Order1
    Order2
Customer 3
    Order1
Customer 4
    Order1
    Order2
    Order3
    Order4
etc......

Any ideas??

"Salad" <oil@vinegar.com> wrote in message
> Steve wrote:
>> Is there a way to put a main form/subform in a continuous form so I can
>> scroll through all the records in the main form?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

> You could create a continuous form of the main form (subA). And make a
> continous form of the subform (subB).  Then create/open up a new form
> (MainForm) and drop both forms into the new form.    You wouldn't use
> Master/Child linking between the two subforms.  In the subform SubA you
> might have in the OnCurrent event some code like
> Forms!MainForm!SubB.Filter = "CustID = " & Me.CustID
> Forms!MainForm!SubB.FilterOn = True
>
> SuperStar
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_3zRh6HeZs

0
email8119 (21)
3/1/2008 8:51:31 PM
Steve wrote:
> Thanks for responding!
>
> That's not quite what I want. In your scheme you only see the related
> records in SubB for the current record in SubA. What I would like to see is
> something like this:
> Customer1
>     Order1
>     Order2
>     Order3
> Customer 2
>     Order1
>     Order2
> Customer 3
>     Order1
> Customer 4
>     Order1
>     Order2
>     Order3
>     Order4
> etc......
>
> Any ideas??

If you don't need to edit the fields I might consider a union query.
Create a query on just the customer file with blank fields for the order
table and then another query on the Order table with the same matching
fields, blank where necessary.

Then union the two queries.

Venice Beach Party
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqPkTgbbzZA

> "Salad" <oil@vinegar.com> wrote in message
>
>>Steve wrote:
>>
>>>Is there a way to put a main form/subform in a continuous form so I can
>>>scroll through all the records in the main form?
>>>
>>>Thanks!
>>>

>>You could create a continuous form of the main form (subA). And make a
>>continous form of the subform (subB).  Then create/open up a new form
>>(MainForm) and drop both forms into the new form.    You wouldn't use
>>Master/Child linking between the two subforms.  In the subform SubA you
>>might have in the OnCurrent event some code like
>>Forms!MainForm!SubB.Filter = "CustID = " & Me.CustID
>>Forms!MainForm!SubB.FilterOn = True
>>
>>SuperStar
>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_3zRh6HeZs

0
oil (4047)
3/2/2008 2:36:35 AM
Open your main form in design mode.  In the Form footer (not the
Detail) add the other form in the usual way.  The system will force
you to make the first form's view to be 'Single Form'. Accept this for
the moment and continue with the linking of parent and child.

Now change the Default view of the main form back to 'Continuous
Forms'.

It will not provide the layout your are seeking but in the top (main)
part you will have a continuous list of Cust1, Cust2 etc.  When you
select any record the lower (child) form shows all the associated
(linked) records in continuous form, eg Order1, Order2 etc for Cust3
(say)

Jim
Thanks!

I got the layout I wanted. I also set it up so when I click on a customer, a
form/subform opens showing the customer and his orders. I can then edit the
customer orders.

Thanks for your help.

> Steve wrote:
>> Thanks for responding!
>>
>> That's not quite what I want. In your scheme you only see the related
>> records in SubB for the current record in SubA. What I would like to see
>> is something like this:
>> Customer1
>>     Order1
>>     Order2
>>     Order3
>> Customer 2
>>     Order1
>>     Order2
>> Customer 3
>>     Order1
>> Customer 4
>>     Order1
>>     Order2
>>     Order3
>>     Order4
>> etc......
>>
>> Any ideas??
>>
> If you don't need to edit the fields I might consider a union query.
> Create a query on just the customer file with blank fields for the order
> table and then another query on the Order table with the same matching
> fields, blank where necessary.
>
> Then union the two queries.
>
> Venice Beach Party
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqPkTgbbzZA
>>

>> "Salad" <oil@vinegar.com> wrote in message

>>>You could create a continuous form of the main form (subA). And make a
>>>continous form of the subform (subB).  Then create/open up a new form
>>>(MainForm) and drop both forms into the new form.    You wouldn't use
>>>Master/Child linking between the two subforms.  In the subform SubA you
>>>might have in the OnCurrent event some code like
>>>Forms!MainForm!SubB.Filter = "CustID = " & Me.CustID
>>>Forms!MainForm!SubB.FilterOn = True
>>>
>>>SuperStar
>>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_3zRh6HeZs

0
email8119 (21)
3/3/2008 12:45:50 AM
> Thanks!
>=20
> I got the layout I wanted. I also set it up so when I click on a =
customer, a=20
> form/subform opens showing the customer and his orders. I can then =
edit the=20
> customer orders.
>=20
> Thanks for your help.
=20
Looks like something I suggested isn't it ??

Arno R
"Arno R" <arracomn_o_s_p_a_m@planet.nl> wrote in message

I fear an unwelcome return of someone with a new ISP.

0
here9 (1031)

Forms/Subforms in MS Access Database

Making MS Access Form as a standalone form like in VB
Well, its sames difficult for me; I love access so much and wish to make it perform extra task. I prepared an HTML form but can not connect it to my access table and so I think it is possible to make an access form a standalone form for user input. Can anyone assist. My mail add is dianafather@aim.com. *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Oscar, why don't you just code up a VB form for user input and connect it to an Access backend? To my knowledge, you can't force an Access form to exist outside of Access. Your users would have to open the Access file to ent...

Forms and Form
Hi everyone ! 1) An example from help: "Each Form object has a Controls collection, which contains all controls on the form. You can refer to a control on a form either by implicitly or explicitly referring to the Controls collection. Your code will be faster if you refer to the Controls collection implicitly. The following examples show two of the ways you might refer to a control named NewData on the form called OrderForm: ' Implicit reference. Forms!OrderForm!NewData ' Explicit reference. Forms!OrderForm.Controls!NewData The next two examples show how you might refer to a ...

MS Access-style Continuous Forms in VB
I've been developing an Access project but I've finally reached it's limitations and have decided to move over to VB, however there is some functionality that Access has that I am unable to recreate in VB. In Access you can put a form in "Continuous Forms" mode and it will create a form for every record and then allow you to scroll through them pretty seamlessly. Anyone know how I can do this in VB? ...

Form size question with Access forms, remote desktop, and MS Surface Pro
Hi, I know this is a stretch to ask this question, but: We have an Access 2010 application hosted using Remote Desktop. When we access forms from the desktop they look like they should. And from an iPad. However, a client is using their Surface Pro the forms are so tiny that she can't use them when accessing our application "on the cloud". Otherwise, they look fine on a Surface Pro when running it off the cloud. Does anyone have an idea? I do not think there is anything that the people that are hosting our software can do. -paulw On Monday, 29 February 2016 17:30:11 UTC, PW wrote: > Hi, > > I know this is a stretch to ask this question, but: > > We have an Access 2010 application hosted using Remote Desktop. When > we access forms from the desktop they look like they should. And from > an iPad. However, a client is using their Surface Pro the forms are > so tiny that she can't use them when accessing our application "on the > cloud". Otherwise, they look fine on a Surface Pro when running it > off the cloud. > > Does anyone have an idea? I do not think there is anything that the > people that are hosting our software can do. > > -paulw It will cost you, but have a look at a program called "ShrinkerStrether from Peter's Software (http://www.peterssoftware.com/ss.htm) This should shrink or stretch forms and all their controls to match the scr...

Continuous Forms with sub-form
I have a need to create a form containing schedule detail with a sub-form containing a crosstab of date detail. I would like to display it as a continuous form so the user can see related schedules together with the dates. Is there a way to get Access to do this? It won't allow continuous forms with sub-forms. Filling unbound controls on the main form only show the current record's date information. I would prefer not to use a big un-normalized temp table. On Wednesday, December 18, 2013 7:10:34 AM UTC-6, Ron Paii wrote: > I have a need to create a form containing schedule detail with a sub-form > > containing a crosstab of date detail. I would like to display it as a > > continuous form so the user can see related schedules together with the > > dates. Is there a way to get Access to do this? It won't allow continuous > > forms with sub-forms. Filling unbound controls on the main form only show > > the current record's date information. I would prefer not to use a big > > un-normalized temp table. Use a datasheet? Ron Paii wrote: > I have a need to create a form containing schedule detail with a > sub-form containing a crosstab of date detail. I would like to > display it as a continuous form so the user can see related schedules > together with the dates. Is there a way to get Access to do this? It > won't allow continuous forms with sub-forms. Fil...

form access to form excel
Hello, How may I pass in VBA a value from a control in a access 2003 form to a control in a excel 2003 form ? I try this but it does'nt run: (oApp=word.application) oApp.Forms("saisie").tbnom.Value = Form_Form1.tbnom.Value & " " & Form_Form1.tbprenom.Value Thanks. ...

has anyone ever created a continuous data form (similar to MS Access)?
I think I just found a limitation to MS Access continuous form view where I was least expecting it :/ I wanted to do a quick'n'dirty solution, to display *different* elements of such a form based on data. Like... a type field, and if that is A, display text field a, if the type is B, display combobox b. Since this seems impossible in MS Access, I am starting to look for a not-so-quick & (maybe not so) dirty solution. So I was wondering if anyone has tried creating such an endless form in a wxWidgets application yet (other recommendations are most welcome). I w...

Access Form --> Hyperlink to Excel --> Return to Original Access Form ?
I have an Access 2000 form that has a Hyperlink that opens an Excel 2000 worksheet located in the same network folder as the Access MDB. The Hyperlink works great. When users close the Excel File, they must choose the correct open Access form on the Windows Desktop Taskbar to return to the Access form that had the Hyperlink. Is there a way to: 1. Open the Access Form 2. Launch the Hyperlink to the Excel Workbook 3. Exit Excel, then 4. Return to the original Access form automatically - without clicking anything (such as the the TaskBar) I just need help with #4. Or, is there a better ...

Hiding Access Main Form/tables/queries/forms/etc
Thank you in advance for any and all assistance. Is there a way to hide the Main Access window with tables, queries, forms etc programmatically? Michael On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 17:17:16 -0600, "PMBragg" <pmbragg@megavision.com> wrote: >Thank you in advance for any and all assistance. > >Is there a way to hide the Main Access window with tables, queries, forms >etc programmatically? > Yes. Take a look here for some API code that will manipulate the Access window. http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0019.htm - Jim Another way, with probably less control than the...

Continuous Form Access 2003 Display continuously calculating
Could anyone explain why Access 2003 is continuously calculating a continuous form, when it works perfectly in previous versions? On reading previous messages I gather that overlapping controls cause this, but why? I use a hidden control underneath the whole line to highlight it when selected. If I cannot do this in Access 2003, how does one go about getting the same effect? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated as I have several such forms. Thanks in advance Peter Rollinson. ...

Continuous forms with subforms
Hi NG I need some help with a problem on my forms. If I have 2 related tables, for instance companies and employees, and want to display all companies on a continuous form with their employees on a sub form as another continuous form, as shown below Northwind Carl Jensen Dave Smith Eastwind Paul Allen Susan Vincent Brit Anderson Southwind Peter Simson But as the number of employees varies on the companies, I would like the subform to have the proper size to contain the number of employees on each company. So I got 2 problems, first, is there a way to simulate the property CanGrow in form view? Maybe individually resizing the subform control on each continuous form? And secondly, resize each continuous form to fit the size of the subform. Hope this makes sense, I will appreciate any input And please bear with me for any incorrect language J Best regards Stef You can't have subforms on a continuous form, period. If you can tolerate the limitations of the view, you could use a form in datasheet view; the subform would then become a sub-datasheet. "Steffen Beck" <sb@nospamsrd.dk> wrote in message news:4912f631$0$15877$edfadb0f@dtext01.news.tele.dk... > Hi NG > > > > I need some help with a problem on my forms. > > If I have 2 related tables, for instance companie...

Forms question
Hi folks, I'm new here and am a neophyte Access 2000 user/developer. A year ago, I barely knew what Access was. I was asked by the people that pay us to begin keeping certain data about the children's crisis program I manage. After a couple of years doing this by hand on paper (Yikes!), I decided that this was ridiculous. Out of neccessity, I had to learn Access and develop a database to track clients and services. So what I know, I've learned from places like this and from the many text books I've picked up. I developed the database and entered almost 3 years of data. We av...

help with MS Access forms
[copied from a prior question] Hello, I'm working on an application and one of the forms is an option group with radio buttons set to Yes and No. When you click on one of those buttons, the table is properly updated. However, I am not seeing the visual representation that one of the buttons has been selected, i.e. the little black dot does not appear. I'm sure there is a simple solution for this but I am unaware of what it is. Also, what would be the most efficient way to create multiple-page forms [other than the use of tabs] ? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Q1 ...

HTML form to MS Access?
Hi, I have a site which uses a form. I would like to be able to export the data from the form to MS Access. Some of the fields may contain commas, which I think may be a problem. Can someone show me how to take the info from the form and export it to MS Access? Thanks, Jason Jason Miles wrote: > Hi, > > I have a site which uses a form. I would like to be able to export the data > from the form to MS Access. Some of the fields may contain commas, which I > think may be a problem. > > Can someone show me how to take the info from the form and export it to MS >...

Form
I have a table TBL_NAMES : IDNAME , Name_person , ETC..... (15 different labels) I have a second table TBL_POINTS : IDPOINTS , LINKNAME_PERSON , POINTS_ALGEBRA , POINTS_GYM , etc.... (25 courses) I have made a form where all the names are listed and when i click on a name another form is opened with that persons name on top and a number of labels and textboxes where i put those points in. So far no problem. BUT... i want one record per person. So the next time i click on his name i would like to see those points and be able to change them but i must not be able to create a new record. T...

html form to MS Access?
Hi, I have a site which uses a form. I would like to be able to export the data from the form to MS Access. Some of the fields may contain commas, which I think may be a problem. Can someone show me how to take the info from the form and export it to MS Access? Thanks, Jason Jason Miles wrote: > Hi, > > I have a site which uses a form. I would like to be able to export the data > from the form to MS Access. Some of the fields may contain commas, which I > think may be a problem. > That is a problem. Get your CGI script to strip out commas from any fields. Eithe...

first form is ignored, second form is forms[0] why?
Does anyone recognize this situation and know what causes it ? The page starts with just a search form. When you do a search the page now has a search results form, a save botton, and the search form at the bottom. There is also a link to add another form with a dropdown. If you add the third form the page has the search results form, the form with the dropdown and the search form, in that order. The save button is set to submit the search results, which is always forms[0]. If the page has all 3 forms, it works fine. The first form is submitted,and it is the correct form. If however, the ...

MS Access Forms problem
Hi everyone! I have a forms problem. Bakground: I have created a number of tables. Of these, I have a main parent table (Personal Details) and a number of other child tables (Tax file No., VISA card no.), etc...... All tables have a primary key of "Name", all child tables forming foreign key references with the parent table 'Personal Details'. I have established referential integrity will all relationships. All relationships are 1-to-1. To solve my problem, I have tried making the relationships 1-to-many (ie., the 2nd option in the "Link Type" option of the Relat...

Using subform/popup form to populate a field on a form.
Hi, This is probably a question with a simple answer, but here goes. I have a form linked to a table. There is a field on that table that while not showing on the form, I would like to populate via a lookup using either a popup or subform. This is an employee name match application that will allow a user to lookup a corporate employee and assign them to an unmatched person. The amount of data in the corporate employee table being searched will have too many fields for a combo box to work effectively. Any and all help greatly appreciated. Thanks Bill <bill.brennum@grainger.com>...

MS access child form validation
Hi I need help to validate a date field in the child form please. Child form : Autonumkey ID Date Visit1 10 A12 10-10-2012 V1 14 A12 13-10-2012 V2 17 A12 12-10-2012 When i enter Autonum 17, the date is earlier than the last available record (aka V2). May i know how can i program a validation rule to check that in this child form that the new record date cannot be earlier than the previous record ? For some help please. Thank you BEst Regards Jocey On 21/01/2014 08:00:57, wrote: > Hi > > I need help to validate a date field in the child form please. > > Child form : > > Autonumkey ID Date Visit1 > 10 A12 10-10-2012 V1 > > 14 A12 13-10-2012 V2 > > 17 A12 12-10-2012 > > When i enter Autonum 17, the date is earlier than the last available > record (aka V2). May i know how can i program a validation rule to check > that in this child form that the new record date cannot be earlier than > the previous record ? > > For some help please. > Thank you > BEst Regards > Jocey > Suppose the recordsource for the child form is MyQuery and the Date is called MyDate. You will also need to get the MyID from somewhere, I guess it will be on the main form DMax("MyDate", MyQuery", "ID = '&qu...

ms access Form query help
the code below is from ms access 97 vb. I have imported the access project into Access 2002. I am getting all kinds of errors in the code now. I am trying to run a query from a form. This is the first error i get: It has a problem with the "OpenQueryDef" in the third line below. Dim MyDB As Database, recset As Recordset Set MyDB = DBEngine.Workspaces(0).Databases(0) Set thequery = MyDB.OpenQueryDef("MainQuery") If anyone could help me or give some advice that would be awsome. thanks, scott Skoter: Usually it's good to give a little more detail about the ...

ms access: How do you create an about form button??
My son is trying to create an about form button for a form he has already created. Any help would be great. Thanks Open the form that will hold the button in Design View. Choose View, Toolbox to make the Toolbox available if it is not active. Make sure the Control Wizards button on the Toolbox is activated. Click once on the Command Button in the Toolbox. Click somewhere on the form that will hold the button. This will launch the Command Button Wizard. >From the Categories Pane, choose Form Operations. >From the Actions Pane, choose Open Form and click Next. The Command Button Wizard...

Continuous Subform showing as Single form
I have a subform (one of 3) on a main (unbound) form. The problem sf is the first one on the form, and one the user uses to select a record on which data in the other 2 sf's are based. All sf's are set to continuous forms, but the first one displays as single. ie only one record shows although the underlying recordset contains more than one record. The record selector for the only record which shows, runs the full height of the sf. . I am beginning to think that it may be corrupted, but before I start rebuilding it, I wondered whether anyone else had a similar experience. I am using A2...

Web resources about - Form/Subform In Continuous Form - comp.databases.ms-access

Continuous stationery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Continuous stationery (UK) or Continuous form paper (USA) is paper which is designed for use with dot-matrix printers and line printers . Other ...

ThoughtWorks Microsite on Continuous Delivery
ThoughtWorks has launched a microsite devoted to Continuous Delivery . At the moment you’ll find some short videos from the ThoughtWorks Live ...

XHProfLive: Continuous function-level performance stats from production - Facebook
Facebook Engineering hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel XHProfLive: Continuous function-level performance stats from production geschrieben. Du kannst ...

Government vows 'continuous build' of surface warships and rolling acquisition of submarines
The Turnbull government has vowed to significantly boost Australia's shipbuilding industry with a "continuous build" of surface warships and ...

Shippable Updates Continuous Delivery DevOps Platform
Shippable's mission is to both grease the skids and make it as easy and effective as possible to do continuous delivery of mobile applications. ...

Campaign Signs Stolen From Front Yards - KATC.com - Continuous News Coverage - Acadiana-Lafayette
Super Tuesday will likely change the political landscape, but locally some are saying their landscapes have changed, and they aren't too happy ...

One man arrested after early morning crash at Senior High - KBZK.com - Continuous News - Bozeman, Montana ...
One man was put in handcuffs and placed into the back of a police squad car, a female at the scene was transported to the hospital with unknown ...

Severe storm causes wastewater plant to overflow - KRISTV.com - Continuous News Coverage - Corpus Christi ...
A power outage caused by Friday night's storm caused about 250,000 gallons of sewage from a wastewater plant at Saratoga and Greenwood to overflow ...

Crash near St. Xavier kills Billings man, injures several others - KTVQ.com - Q2 - Continuous News Coverage ...
A Billings man is dead and several others injured after a fatal rollover crash near St. Xavier.

Continuous leaking of radioactive strontium, cesium from Fukushima to the ocean
Scientists investigated the levels of radioactive strontium and cesium in the coast off Japan in September 2013. Radioactive levels in seawater ...