Form with Tab Control

Hi,

I would like to have form with Tab Control with 3 pages. Each page in tab
control would contain text boxes from different sources (tables). On first
page would be text boxes from tblOne, second page from tblTwo, third page
from tblThree.
Tables are in relationship 'One to one' (design is ok, allready checked with
people on newsgroup).
1. Is it possible to have input like this on one form?
2. When I go to another page, record from page Two are related to record in
page One. Then when clicking on page Two, I would have to pass ID to this
page. Same goes with third page. Is it possible?

Thanks

Yes, you can do what you want!

Base your main form on table1 and include the ID field and one other field that
identifies the record such as CustomerName. Create a subform based on table1 and
include the ID field and all the other fields in table1 except the one you put
on the main form (CustomerName). Place the subform on the first tab page and set
the Link Master/LinkChild properties to ID. Create a subform based on table2 and
include the ID field. Place that subform on the second tab page and set the Link
Master/LinkChild properties to ID. Do the same for table3 on the third tab page.
If you set it up like this, you can choose a customer for example on the main
form and all three subforms will track to the same customer.

--
                                         PC Datasheet
Your Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications

"Newbee" <newbee2004@net.hr> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I would like to have form with Tab Control with 3 pages. Each page in tab
> control would contain text boxes from different sources (tables). On first
> page would be text boxes from tblOne, second page from tblTwo, third page
> from tblThree.
> Tables are in relationship 'One to one' (design is ok, allready checked with
> people on newsgroup).
> 1. Is it possible to have input like this on one form?
> 2. When I go to another page, record from page Two are related to record in
> page One. Then when clicking on page Two, I would have to pass ID to this
> page. Same goes with third page. Is it possible?
>
> Thanks

0
spam8773 (270)
2/7/2004 5:07:48 PM
Thanks for help,

I dont have field in table1 which identifies the record such as
CustomerName, because primary key consist of 2 fields:
[Date] and [CompanyID].
Other fields in table One are Data1, Data2, Data3, and they dont indentifie
record.
If I put on main form fields [Date] and [CompanyID] what fields I include on
subform on first tab page (except Data1, Data2,...), how do I connect a form
and sunform on first tab page.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

"PC Datasheet" <spam@nospam.spam> wrote in message
> Yes, you can do what you want!
>
> Base your main form on table1 and include the ID field and one other field
that
> identifies the record such as CustomerName. Create a subform based on
table1 and
> include the ID field and all the other fields in table1 except the one you
put
> on the main form (CustomerName). Place the subform on the first tab page
and set
> the Link Master/LinkChild properties to ID. Create a subform based on
table2 and
> include the ID field. Place that subform on the second tab page and set
the Link
> Master/LinkChild properties to ID. Do the same for table3 on the third tab
page.
> If you set it up like this, you can choose a customer for example on the
main
> form and all three subforms will track to the same customer.
>

> --
>                                          PC Datasheet
> Your Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications
>                               resource@pcdatasheet.com
>                                  www.pcdatasheet.com
>

> "Newbee" <newbee2004@net.hr> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to have form with Tab Control with 3 pages. Each page in
tab
> > control would contain text boxes from different sources (tables). On
first
> > page would be text boxes from tblOne, second page from tblTwo, third
page
> > from tblThree.
> > Tables are in relationship 'One to one' (design is ok, allready checked
with
> > people on newsgroup).
> > 1. Is it possible to have input like this on one form?
> > 2. When I go to another page, record from page Two are related to record
in
> > page One. Then when clicking on page Two, I would have to pass ID to
this
> > page. Same goes with third page. Is it possible?
> >
> > Thanks

If you have CompanyID you must have a Company table that has the name of the
company. Include that table also in the record source of the main form then you
can display the name of the company and the Date to identify the record. You
will have to set the LinkMaster field in each subform too include CompanyID and
Date.

Incidently there's a strong hint here that there's a problem with the design of
your tables!!

--

> Thanks for help,
>
> I dont have field in table1 which identifies the record such as
> CustomerName, because primary key consist of 2 fields:
> [Date] and [CompanyID].
> Other fields in table One are Data1, Data2, Data3, and they dont indentifie
> record.
> If I put on main form fields [Date] and [CompanyID] what fields I include on
> subform on first tab page (except Data1, Data2,...), how do I connect a form
> and sunform on first tab page.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>

> "PC Datasheet" <spam@nospam.spam> wrote in message
> > Yes, you can do what you want!
> >
> > Base your main form on table1 and include the ID field and one other field
> that
> > identifies the record such as CustomerName. Create a subform based on
> table1 and
> > include the ID field and all the other fields in table1 except the one you
> put
> > on the main form (CustomerName). Place the subform on the first tab page
> and set
> > the Link Master/LinkChild properties to ID. Create a subform based on
> table2 and
> > include the ID field. Place that subform on the second tab page and set
> the Link
> > Master/LinkChild properties to ID. Do the same for table3 on the third tab
> page.
> > If you set it up like this, you can choose a customer for example on the
> main
> > form and all three subforms will track to the same customer.
> >

> > --
> >                                          PC Datasheet
> > Your Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications
> >                               resource@pcdatasheet.com
> >                                  www.pcdatasheet.com
> >

> > "Newbee" <newbee2004@net.hr> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I would like to have form with Tab Control with 3 pages. Each page in
> tab
> > > control would contain text boxes from different sources (tables). On
> first
> > > page would be text boxes from tblOne, second page from tblTwo, third
> page
> > > from tblThree.
> > > Tables are in relationship 'One to one' (design is ok, allready checked
> with
> > > people on newsgroup).
> > > 1. Is it possible to have input like this on one form?
> > > 2. When I go to another page, record from page Two are related to record
> in
> > > page One. Then when clicking on page Two, I would have to pass ID to
> this
> > > page. Same goes with third page. Is it possible?
> > >
> > > Thanks

0
spam8773 (270)
2/7/2004 8:42:47 PM
Excuse the eavesdropping, but can this concept be taken further?  What is
the limit to the number of tabs in a form?

thanks in advance.
Jeff

"PC Datasheet" <spam@nospam.spam> wrote in message
> Yes, you can do what you want!
>
> Base your main form on table1 and include the ID field and one other field
that
> identifies the record such as CustomerName. Create a subform based on
table1 and
> include the ID field and all the other fields in table1 except the one you
put
> on the main form (CustomerName). Place the subform on the first tab page
and set
> the Link Master/LinkChild properties to ID. Create a subform based on
table2 and
> include the ID field. Place that subform on the second tab page and set
the Link
> Master/LinkChild properties to ID. Do the same for table3 on the third tab
page.
> If you set it up like this, you can choose a customer for example on the
main
> form and all three subforms will track to the same customer.
>

> --
>                                          PC Datasheet
> Your Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications
>                               resource@pcdatasheet.com
>                                  www.pcdatasheet.com
>

> "Newbee" <newbee2004@net.hr> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to have form with Tab Control with 3 pages. Each page in
tab
> > control would contain text boxes from different sources (tables). On
first
> > page would be text boxes from tblOne, second page from tblTwo, third
page
> > from tblThree.
> > Tables are in relationship 'One to one' (design is ok, allready checked
with
> > people on newsgroup).
> > 1. Is it possible to have input like this on one form?
> > 2. When I go to another page, record from page Two are related to record
in
> > page One. Then when clicking on page Two, I would have to pass ID to
this
> > page. Same goes with third page. Is it possible?
> >
> > Thanks

I am not certain, because the physical limit exceeds the practical number
that are usable. While opinions may differ on the practical number that are
usable, there is wide agreement that it is "relatively few".

  Larry Linson
  Microsoft Access MVP

"JLM" <jeff.morrell@colostate.edu> wrote in message
> Excuse the eavesdropping, but can this concept be taken further?  What is
> the limit to the number of tabs in a form?
>
> thanks in advance.
> Jeff
>

> "PC Datasheet" <spam@nospam.spam> wrote in message
> > Yes, you can do what you want!
> >
> > Base your main form on table1 and include the ID field and one other
field
> that
> > identifies the record such as CustomerName. Create a subform based on
> table1 and
> > include the ID field and all the other fields in table1 except the one
you
> put
> > on the main form (CustomerName). Place the subform on the first tab page
> and set
> > the Link Master/LinkChild properties to ID. Create a subform based on
> table2 and
> > include the ID field. Place that subform on the second tab page and set
> the Link
> > Master/LinkChild properties to ID. Do the same for table3 on the third
tab
> page.
> > If you set it up like this, you can choose a customer for example on the
> main
> > form and all three subforms will track to the same customer.
> >

> > --
> >                                          PC Datasheet
> > Your Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications
> >                               resource@pcdatasheet.com
> >                                  www.pcdatasheet.com
> >

> > "Newbee" <newbee2004@net.hr> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I would like to have form with Tab Control with 3 pages. Each page in
> tab
> > > control would contain text boxes from different sources (tables). On
> first
> > > page would be text boxes from tblOne, second page from tblTwo, third
> page
> > > from tblThree.
> > > Tables are in relationship 'One to one' (design is ok, allready
checked
> with
> > > people on newsgroup).
> > > 1. Is it possible to have input like this on one form?
> > > 2. When I go to another page, record from page Two are related to
record
> in
> > > page One. Then when clicking on page Two, I would have to pass ID to
> this
> > > page. Same goes with third page. Is it possible?
> > >
> > > Thanks

0
bouncer (4168)

Tab Events of Access Application ? (NOT Access Tab Control)
I'm trying to use the event when a person moves to a different form by clicking on the built in Access application tabs. Is there something I can reference or does it require some kind of subclassing/hook api calls? Thanks On Jul 21, 9:47=A0pm, "christianlo...@yahoo.com" <christianlo...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I'm trying to use the event when a person moves to a different form by > clicking on the built in Access application tabs. > > Is there something I can reference or does it require some kind of > subclassing/hook api calls? > > Thanks Hi Christian, You can use the OnDeactivate event. Imb. > You can use the OnDeactivate event. Hello Imb, Aha. Now I am forced to make an event for each form. Trying to automate what tab the ribbon moves to based on the access application tab. Okay, thanks. Access could use a rewrite of it's event system imho. There are no top level application events to tap into, no 'after delete' event, record saves w/ a 'dirty=true', it's all quite ridiculous. I was hoping the new table events would be the solution but they come up w/ this 'data macro' crap where there doesn't seem to be any way to call your own code on the event. Sometimes I wonder if the ms developers ever use Access. However, I love the report and form design improvements. <christianlott1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ba72c614-57c0-4045-9af0-3cd9734e923b@r18g2000vbs.googlegro...

Form layout question: How move controls in a Form to (in) a Tab Control?
Hi, I created a form with a lot of controls on it. (textboxes, pulldown's etc.) Because the form is a little full I want to move the controls to different pages on a tab control. HOW can one do this?. If I drag them the tab control is not 'activated' if the mouse pointer is above the tab control. (if one creates a new textbox and place it on the tab control this tab control page turns black to show it's activated) This does not work while dragging??! Thanks in advance, Eddie Smit Holland. (The Netherlands) >Because the form is a little full I want to move the >control...

Forms/Subforms in MS Access Database

MS Access Form w tabs
I have an MS Access Database with multiple forms that all update fields in a single table because I can't fit all the required fields onto a single screen. I have looked into converting these multiple forms into a single form with subforms as tabs but to date my attempts to do this have failed. Can any one give a pointer to an example / instructions on how to create a tabbed form? The form that I have created contains each of my current forms a different tabs, however when I choose tab 2, it shows the contents of both tab 1 and tab2 at the same time (making an incomprehensible eyesore). Any help that could be provided would be greatly appreciated. Best wishes, George Hadley ghadley_00@yahoo.com I would like to know about this too. One solution I've seen is to use individual buttons instead of a tab control. The buttons toggle the subforms, which are related to the main form. Thank you, Tom ...

Syntax form moving from page-to-page (actually, Tab-toTab) in Tab Control on form?
I thought it was DoCmd.GoToPage - but that doesn't work for Tab Controls, it seems - only for forms with page breaks in them. Anybody know Syntax form moving from page-to-page (actually, Tab-toTab) in Tab Control on form? On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 06:31:38 -0500, MLH <CRCI@NorthState.net> wrote: >I thought it was DoCmd.GoToPage - but that doesn't work for >Tab Controls, it seems - only for forms with page breaks in them. > >Anybody know Syntax form moving from page-to-page (actually, >Tab-toTab) in Tab Control on form? Courtesy of Rick Brandt in another thread... The TabControl has a Value property that corresponds to the the page index of the currently selected TabPage. Setting that value brings the TabPage with that index to the front. For example to switch to the 3rd TabPage... Me.TabControlName = 2 (index starts at zero) Thx, Rick. ...

Open Form in Ms-Access from a hyperlink by using dhtml control
Hey ! I'm having a little ms-access application problem. in form A I have a dhtml control which I'm trying to assign it's documentHtml property a html string. I want that the html string will contain a hyperlink which open another form in access. Can I do that ? David ...

copying controls from a form to a tab control
I have copied approx 20 controls from a form to a tab control for reasons of space. i now cannot run code triggered by the events of these controls. for example, the following will not trigger the message box when changed: Private Sub cboA_Change() MsgBox "combo A changed" End Sub the controls are all disabled and are only enabled when the previous control has a value set. any ideas? thanks Winshent Winshent, Instead of copying and pasting, try cutting and pasting. If you copy and then paste, the original controls stay on the form so when you paste the new controls get new names and not the names you chose which means that even if you then delete the original controls, the new controls will still have new names and therefore no events associated with them. Situation: cboA gets copies and pasted. Access changes the name to something like Combo294 You then delete cboA. Your Module now has cboA_Change() but there is no control named cboA Combo294 now exists, and looks the same, but has no events associated with. Make sense? -- Jeremy Shapiro Asandia, Corp. www.asandia.com 1.866.ASANDIA (272.6342) "winshent" <vincent.pirolli@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:c86c3b5e.0406110817.64d9c0f3@posting.google.com... > I have copied approx 20 controls from a form to a tab control for > reasons of space. > > i now cannot run code triggered by the events of these controls. > > for example, the following will not trigger the m...

How to import a tab delimited text file into MS Access database
Hi, I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. I have a tab delimited text file that needs to be imported into a MS Access table. The table is created and the table structure is defined using DAO methods. So now I have to fill this table with the data in the text files. For a few rows in the text file, the number of columns could be less than the number of columns in the table. Can anyone please post me the code to do this. Thanks a ton in advance. Pradeep wrote: > I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. We'd be happy to give you the VBA code, but do you really want to throw away your C++ and use Microsoft Access for the job? If you want to keep C++, you can ask for C++ code in another newsgroup, because we'd just be guessing. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Tab control in one of the tabs of another tab control
One of my colleagues is working with a tab control. He has several tabs. He is trying to embed another tab control inside one of the tabs of the first tab control. He had placed the second tab control inside one of the tabs of the first tab control. But the problem is that the second tab control does not show up (unless one goes to the block diagram and double clicks the second tab control, only then does it shows up; when the vi is closed and reopened its again not there). I told him that I had never seen such functionality (a tab control inside another tab control) in any application but is it somehow possible. All this is required while the VI is not running and is being developed (of course it should work at run time, but this functionality must show while the VI is not running, i.e., this functionality should be non-programmatic. Is it possible. Thanks for your time. Hi rashid, yes it is possible. See the attached example. I see no problems with it.Hope it helps.Mike Untitled_LV71.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/323165/1/Untitled_LV71.vi Thanks <a href="../view_profile?user.id=88992" class="auth_text" style="font-weight: bold;" target="_blank"> MikeS81</a>! Yes you are absolutely right. Your VI is working perfectly. I wonder what has my friend done to get such behaviour as he is getting. Strange! Thanks for the help!Have a very nice day! Hi rashid, can you upload your vi, maybe someone found the proble...

MS Access 2002
MS Access 2002 - query form control returns funny symbols like [][] I am running an append query on a form. Access is having trouble with the calculated fields and comboboxes. Example &#8211; referring to forms!FormName!ControlName within the query should return the value of that control, correct? I am receiving symbols such as boxes [] or [][] as well as Chinese symbols. Any thoughts as to why this is happening. thanks This happens if Access does not understand the data type of the calculated controls. Typecast the calculated fields, and set the Format of unbound controls. For more detail, see: Calculated fields misinterpreted at: http://members.iinet.net.au/~allenbrowne/ser-45.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia. Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Dman" <Derekst@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:b5358ccf.0411011951.51ec395e@posting.google.com... > MS Access 2002 - query form control returns funny symbols like [][] > > I am running an append query on a form. Access is having trouble with > the calculated fields and comboboxes. Example &#8211; referring to > forms!FormName!ControlName within the query should return the value of > that control, correct? > > I am receiving symbols such as boxes [] or [][] as well as Chinese > symbols. Any thoughts as to why this is happening. thanks ...

MS Access 2000 VBA Code Shows Totally Incorrect Date from Controls on a Form
Hi, Sorry for my English. English is not my native tougue. I am working in MS Access 2000 with a SQLServer 2000 Backend database. MS Access 2000 is my GUI front end that has SQLServer linked tables in it. One of my forms has two TEXT BOX controls formated as Short Date. The form is binded to a linked table. The linked tables has about 7 records and one of the control is binded to a table field. These two controls displays the date correctly as 01/07/2006 and 31/07/2006 (I am running Windows XP, my regional setting is set to English Australia, location is set to Australia, language for non-Unicode programs is set to English Australia, and my date format is set to d/MM/YYYY) when the form is running. I have some VBA code behind the form to print out these two dates to a text file. The dates show up as 30/12/2005 and 30/01/2006. I really do not know why these dates are totally different. Here's my VBA code: Open "C:\Results.txt" For Output Access Write Lock Write As #1 Print #1, "GL run from "; Me.txtFromDate; " to "; Me.txtToDate Print #1, "" :: :: Close #1 I am hoping some one has come across with this problem. Thanks in advance, Easystart oh, so you mean you're just outputting everything to a text file? My guess is that since MS stores all it's data in US format, your have to force it into Australian format when you write it to the file. What happens if you use Format() and force it into the format you want? T...

Wanted
I am wanting to be able to write reports against an ms-access database that is part of another package. I only want to report from the database. What I need is a package that will allow me to create the reports and then be able to distribute a run-time version. The client may not have Office so the package must run standalone. It could get to the Access database through an ODBC driver. Does anyone know what packages available? It looks like Crystal Reports has taken out their runtime version with their latest software but that was only a footnote in a book that I was reading. Please provide me with a list to start researching. Thanks, Joe There used to be other third-party report writers, but I don't know how many have survived over the years -- Crystal Reports appears to have been the most popular of these packages. (It is the only one that I have observed closely in use, and I saw some impressive work done with it on web applications against SQL Server.) Unless the magnitude of the distributable would be a problem, you can create your reports in Access, and distribute the Access application to run them with Access' runtime support. You'll get the Access runtime support in the Office Developer Edition for Access 97 - 2002, and in the Visual Studio.NET Tools for Office 2003 System for Access 2003. If you have difficulties with deployment using only the Packaging and Distribution Wizard, you can use a third-party installer such as Wise InstallMaster or Instal...

access MS-Access database in C# Windows Application
Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application Blocks to access the database. I have tried 2 possible connection strings. ----------------------------------------- str_1 = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" + DBFilePath; str_2 = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" + DBFilePath; //SqlHelper is the class in the Microsoft Application Blocks SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery( str_1, CommandType.Text, SQL_str); ----------------------------------- The error message I got is: "Unknown connection option in connection string: driver." for str_1 and " Unknown connection option in connection string: provider." for str_2 So I am wondering, where is the problem? Is it because my connection string for MS Access is specified wrongly? Or is it because I cannot use SqlHelper to access the MS Access database? ( I have used SqlHelper class to access the MS SQL server, and it works) Your help will be greatly appreciated. James James wrote: > Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine > in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. > > But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application > Blocks to access the database. > > I have tried 2 possible connection strings. > > ----------------------------------------- > ...

How to connect MS Access form to MS SQL Server
Hello all I created an application which use MS Access 2000 as user interface and MS SQL Server 2000 as backend. If I want to get data from MS SQL Sever 2000 and display them on the MS Access 2000 form, where do I set the database connection to the form (i.e. tell the form to get data from MS SQL server database)? Thanks Bon In Windows control panel, admin tools, data sources (ODBC), create a system DSN of type SQL server and fill in the parameters for your SQL database. In Access, select file / get external data, files of type ODBC. Select machine data source, select the DSN you created and the table(s) you need. ...

Making MS Access Form as a standalone form like in VB
Well, its sames difficult for me; I love access so much and wish to make it perform extra task. I prepared an HTML form but can not connect it to my access table and so I think it is possible to make an access form a standalone form for user input. Can anyone assist. My mail add is dianafather@aim.com. *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Oscar, why don't you just code up a VB form for user input and connect it to an Access backend? To my knowledge, you can't force an Access form to exist outside of Access. Your users would have to open the Access file to enter data, no matter how you set up the Access form. On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 11:35:09 GMT, Oscar N. Goyee <dianafather@aim.com> wrote: It's poor newsgroup practice to ask for email responses. Unlike what Steve said, you can create a form that lives outside of the Access main window: make it a popup. There is also nifty code out there (google for it), that puts the Access main window behind that popup, and moves it with it when it moves. To the end user it appears you have a single-form application. -Tom. >Well, its sames difficult for me; I love access so much and wish to make >it perform extra task. I prepared an HTML form but can not connect it to >my access table and so I think it is possible to make an access form a >standalone form for user input. Can anyone assist. My mail add is >dianafather@aim.com. > > > >*** Sent via Developersdex http://ww...

Web resources about - Form with Tab Control - comp.databases.ms-access

From Armenia to Australia, how the mob controls the trafficking of ice into Australia
In America, they are called the "Five Families". The term refers to the five major New York organised crime families of the Mafia, with a history ...

From Armenia to Australia, how the mob controls the trafficking of ice into Australia
In America, they are called the "Five Families". The term refers to the five major New York organised crime families of the Mafia, with a history ...

From Armenia to Australia, how the mob controls the trafficking of ice into Australia
In America, they are called the &quot;Five Families&quot;. &nbsp;The term refers to the five major New York organised crime families of the Mafia, ...

Woman pinned to fence by out-of-control car on Rokeby Road in Subiaco
A fire extinguisher was used to break into an SUV to help a driver who appeared to have suffered a seizure after hitting a pedestrian on Rokeby ...

How-To: Reduce iPhone screen brightness beyond what’s possible in Control Center or Display & Brightness ...
... about sharing in the past, involves reducing iPhone screen brightness beyond levels that are possible with the standard brightness slider controls. ...

Stagefright-based ‘Metaphor’ exploit can take control of your phone in just 15 seconds
The old Android malware beastie is at it again, with researchers uncovering a new Stagefright-based exploit that can be used to take control ...

Creative Control explores the dark side of augmented reality—with humor
... Here's what the future looks like: collecting data on people while wearing AR glasses. 7 more images in gallery In the film Creative Control ...

4 Ways to Control Your Mind and Lose Weight
... after a week of eating the same things. I have found that almost anytime I have plateaued, a cheat meal has broken the plateau. Gain Control ...

Dawn Richard @ Empire Control Room
... Dawn Richard was one the artists we were excited to see at SXSW. We caught her Thursday night (3/17) at the FACT showcase at Empire Control ...