format bold text in a text box

I have a text box with this:
=" Your name is: " $ [Name] $ " and last name is " $ [Lname]

I want ONLY the [Name] and [Lname} to format bold and the other text not.

Could I do this?

0
postnews (1)

You would needt use an RTF control for this.

Hav a look at
http://www.lebans.com/richtext.htm

--

Terry Kreft

"yiannis" <postnews@freemail.gr> wrote in message
> I have a text box with this:
> =" Your name is: " $ [Name] $ " and last name is " $ [Lname]
>
> I want ONLY the [Name] and [Lname} to format bold and the other text not.
>
> Could I do this?

0
terry.kreft (988)

Unbound text box, text>255, MS Access/PostgreSQL
Hello. I have the following problem with MS Access/PostgreSQL combination: There is a form in Access that has an unbound text box, used for entering a commentary of a batch of records. There is a DAO Append Query that has a parameter that is passed from the text box using parameter of DAO QueryDef object. I adjusted B7 parameter (Text as LongVarchar) in connection string (ODBC driver) to 1, so that Access links PostgreSQL Text fields as Memo fields in Access. The intention was to be able to enter unlimited length commentary into the field. But, although I can enter unlimited text by using...

MS-Access 2007. Report. Text box format problem
Hi, I am new to MS-Access. I have created a very simple report in MS-Access based on an imported Excel spreadsheet. The individual costs are held in field "Item Cost". Each instance of the field is displayed on the report and the field has NO Format property associated. On the report the field displays with a currency symbol and two decimal places - which is what I want. I guess the currency format of the field is being picked up from the original Excel spreadsheet. I have in the report footer the total of "Item Cost" which is calculated by =Sum([Item Cost]). This calculation gives the correct value for the sum, but I cannot control the display format. In the report Design view this field =Sum([Item Cost]) has a property sheet which contains a format value of "Currency". However, on the generated report this value just displays as a standard decimal. How do I get the report to display =Sum([Item Cost]) with a leading currency symbol (UK Sterling in my case) and two decimal places? Thanks Clive "Clive" <clive_long@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:8678680d-5123-4263-98c2-cfbb739fd5bb@x41g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I am new to MS-Access. > > I have created a very simple report in MS-Access based on an > imported Excel spreadsheet. > > The individual costs are held in field "Item Cost". Each instance of > the field is displayed on the report and the field has N...

text formatting on different sources in an unbound text box

text + text

text-text

Adding Combo Box Text To A Text Box
I have a combo box and a text box on a form. When I choose a value from the combo box, I want it to be added to the textbox. I'm able to do this by using the following code when I click the combo box: Me!Textbox = Me!TextBox & Me!ComboBox I now need the additional combo box items to be added on a new line in the text box each time I click the combo box. I've tried using Sendkeys "^{Enter} but I'm not achieving the desired result. I know this is probably very simple, but I'm just not seeing it. Any help is appreciated. This will do it: Private Sub ComboBox_AfterUpdate() If IsNull(Me.Textbox) Then Me.Textbox = ComboBox Else Me.Textbox = Me.Textbox & vbNewLine & ComboBox End If End Sub Wayne wrote: >I have a combo box and a text box on a form. When I choose a value >from the combo box, I want it to be added to the textbox. I'm able to >do this by using the following code when I click the combo box: > >Me!Textbox = Me!TextBox & Me!ComboBox > >I now need the additional combo box items to be added on a new line in >the text box each time I click the combo box. I've tried using >Sendkeys "^{Enter} but I'm not achieving the desired result. > >I know this is probably very simple, but I'm just not seeing it. Any >help is appreciated. -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http:/...

Show Text box on Top of another Text Box
Hi, I have a text box with conditional formating so if certain conditions are m= et it display either Green or Red. I want to put another text box on top of= it (this text box is smaller than the "conditional formating" text box) an= d have the the text in this text box displayed. Basically I want the condit= ional text box to form a colour border around the displayed text. How do I do that? Thanks, Barry On Apr 1, 11:18=A0am, Barry Edmund Wright <barry.edmund.wri...@witstoronto.ca> wrote: > Hi, > > I have a text box with conditional formating so if certain conditions are= met it display either Green or Red. I want to put another text box on top = of it (this text box is smaller than the "conditional formating" text box) = and have the the text in this text box displayed. Basically I want the cond= itional text box to form a colour border around the displayed text. > > How do I do that? > > Thanks, > Barry Why not overlay the textbox and set Visible =3D False. Then when true change to Visible =3D True. Barry Edmund Wright <barry.edmund.wright@witstoronto.ca> wrote in news:21224033.2400.1333297115162.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@vbbdy 9: > Hi, > > I have a text box with conditional formating so if certain > conditions are met it display either Green or Red. I want to put > another text box on top of it (this text box is smaller than the > "conditional formating" text box) and hav...

Highlighy text in Text Box
Using an InputBox, there is the option to *suggest* text (Default). It appears highlighted and can be accepted or replaced by the user. I am attempting to create my own input form which has one Text Box, one command button (cmdAccept ) and a simple label to tell the user to make an entry. What I cannot do is to mimic that suggested default input string. Can someone show me how to do it? The following code is from a test program with two forms. '#### this is on FrmMain Private Sub Option1_Click() ' Other Event selected - 14 character maximum With FrmBGOther ...

Text box in access report not displaying currency format
I have created a report in access. I had to add a text box to input a value for previous months balance. I have formatted to display with $ currency, and also with the " , " for thousand separator. I have not been able to get it to display correctly. It is just the numbers without the formatting. Please help !!! *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! Sounds like you tried a custom format (for the text box) that's not working. Access has a currency format that you can select in the control prope...

How to import a tab delimited text file into MS Access database
Hi, I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. I have a tab delimited text file that needs to be imported into a MS Access table. The table is created and the table structure is defined using DAO methods. So now I have to fill this table with the data in the text files. For a few rows in the text file, the number of columns could be less than the number of columns in the table. Can anyone please post me the code to do this. Thanks a ton in advance. Pradeep wrote: > I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. We'd be happy to give you the VBA code, but do you really want to throw away your C++ and use Microsoft Access for the job? If you want to keep C++, you can ask for C++ code in another newsgroup, because we'd just be guessing. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Get the real type of columns from MS Access databases(OLEObject, text, memo, numeric)
Hello, I made one application that opens MS Access databases.And I have one problem.How can I find the real data type of columns(text, memo, OLEObject, numeric) like it is into Access.I tried with resultSetMetaData.getColumnType(columnIndex) but I receive java.sql.Types.I have two columns that contains OLEObjects(images).But I receive two different types for columns : VARCHAR once, and for second column SMALLINT.I only want to see the types like in Access(OLEObjects, Text, Numeric, Memo...).Thanks in advance! Best regards, Calin Pop ...

How to get text in text box to wrap?
The variable {job-name} in this code snippet does NOT wrap, resulting in the text running off the page. How would I get job-name to word wrap? pageWidth 36 mul % x = pageWidth * 1/2 * 72 pageHeight 36 mul % y = pageHeight * 1/2 * 72 pageHeight 2 mul add % y += 1 line 2 copy % Copy X & Y moveto (Title: ) RIGHT moveto ({job-name}) show This postscript file is from the CUPS printing application on a Linux system. Here is the complete file: FILE: /usr/share/cups/banners/standard %!PS-Adobe-3.0 %%BoundingBox: 0 0 612 792 %%Pages: 1 %%LanguageLevel: 1 %%DocumentData: Clean7Bit %%DocumentSuppliedResources: procset bannerprint/1.0 %%DocumentNeededResources: font Helvetica Helvetica-Bold Times-Roman %%Creator: Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products %%CreationDate: May 10, 2000 %%Title: Test Page %%EndComments %%BeginProlog %%BeginResource procset bannerprint 1.1 0 % % PostScript banner page for the Common UNIX Printing System ("CUPS"). % % Copyright 1993-2005 Easy Software Products % % These coded instructions, statements, and computer programs are the % property of Easy Software Products and are protected by Federal % copyright law. Distribution and use rights are outlined in the file % "LICENSE.txt" which should have been included with this file. If this % file is missing or damaged please contact Easy Software Products % at: % % Attn: CUPS Licensing Information % Easy Software Products % 44141 Airport View Drive...

Remove extraneous text in a text box
I get text in a text box that looks like this: Hello On computer COMPNAME the following happened: New File: C:\Folder1\Folder2\LockBox\Usr\ClientName\FileName.xls 7/25/2011 1:25:10 PM How do I remove everything except the folder path and file name? It's too much for me. C:\Folder1\Folder2\LockBox\Usr\ClientName\ = Foldername FileName.xls = Filename Bjarne "musicloverlch" skrev i meddelelsen news:3b273dd8-e1c7-43e9-84dc-2b9aee46ded6@e40g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... I get text in a text box that looks like this: Hello On computer COMPNAME the following happened: New File: C:\Folder1\Folder2\LockBox\Usr\ClientName\FileName.xls 7/25/2011 1:25:10 PM How do I remove everything except the folder path and file name? It's too much for me. The text must come from some VBA coding... Checkout VBA module for the form where the text box belongs, and search for the text... Correct the VBA code to what u need...(Folder and FileName) Bjarne "bsn" skrev i meddelelsen news:4e2dfb3d$0$56791$edfadb0f@dtext02.news.tele.dk... C:\Folder1\Folder2\LockBox\Usr\ClientName\ = Foldername FileName.xls = Filename Bjarne "musicloverlch" skrev i meddelelsen news:3b273dd8-e1c7-43e9-84dc-2b9aee46ded6@e40g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... I get text in a text box that looks like this: Hello On computer COMPNAME the following happened: New File: C:\Folder1\Folder2\LockBox\Usr\ClientName\FileName.xls 7/25/2011 1:25:10 PM How do I remove everything excep...

Highlight text and Text Box Control
C5.0b PE legacy Hello! I have one invoice application with the text area for variable customer announcement. It is now filled and printed using the standard Arial characters. Is there any easy and cheap method to highlight these messages? (Compare "Word text") TIA Riku Maki ...

Box of text with width of another text
Hi, how can I make a box that contains one string, but has the width of another? For example, is there a command like \widthoffirstboxbox{$T$}{$T_a$} which creates a box which contains $T_a$ but has the width of $T$? Best regars, Paul Paul Kaletta <paulkaletta@googlemail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > how can I make a box that contains one string, but has the width of > another? > > For example, is there a command like > > \widthoffirstboxbox{$T$}{$T_a$} > > which creates a box which contains $T_a$ but has the width of $T$? \usepackage{calc} \makebox[\widthof{$T$}]{$T_a$} Ciao Enrico Paul Kaletta <paulkaletta@googlemail.com> writes: > Hi, > > how can I make a box that contains one string, but has the width of > another? > > For example, is there a command like > > \widthoffirstboxbox{$T$}{$T_a$} > > which creates a box which contains $T_a$ but has the width of $T$? \llap{$T_a$}\phantom{$T$} -- Change “LookInSig” to “tcalveu” to answer by mail. Paul Kaletta <paulkaletta@googlemail.com> writes: > Hi, > > how can I make a box that contains one string, but has the width of > another? > > For example, is there a command like > > \widthoffirstboxbox{$T$}{$T_a$} > > which creates a box which contains $T_a$ but has the width of $T$? \rlap{$T_a$}\hphantom{$T$} -- Change “LookInSig” to “tcalveu” to answer by mail. ...

Different text styles in the same text box
I am developing a bibliographic database. I am creating a report with bibliographic references like this: - Joyce, Ulysses, London, Penguin Press, 2002. The last string has been obtained by an expression like this: [author] & [text] & [city] & [publisher] & [date] Now there's a problem. I'd like to get different styles for the different fields (ex: italics for the author, underlined for the book title, etc). Is it possible? Thanks in advance Davide If I'm not mistaken there is a rich-text control that comes with VB that would allow you to do this, but I don't t...

Displaying text in a text box depending on selection made in list box on same form
Hi I have an unbound text box on a form from which the user can choose a product. When the user chooses a product, I want the text box on the same form to display the description of that product. right now I can get it to display the row number of the product that corresponds to what the user clicked but not the value of the Product Description which is what I want. The fields in the tables are both text. here is the code: Private Sub LstContactProducts_AfterUpdate() txtProductDescription.SetFocus txtProductDescription.Text = LstContactProducts.Column(2,txtProductDescription) End Sub Thanks in advance Colin Colin, why don't you create the combobox, with from a table or query with all the information you need and use cboComboboxname.column(0), cboComboboxname.colum(1) etc etc...to populate the fields you want? HTH Michael "Colin Ward" <cward002@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:2a660c80.0308010710.26b3257@posting.google.com... > Hi I have an unbound text box on a form from which the user can choose > a product. When the user chooses a product, I want the text box on the > same form to display the description of that product. right now I can > get it to display the row number of the product that corresponds to > what the user clicked but not the value of the Product Description > which is what I want. The fields in the tables are both text. > > here is the code: > > Private Sub LstContactProducts_AfterUpdate() > txtP...

Deselecting text in input text box
I have a text input box and I don't want the text to be selected either when the user tabs to the item or if the user clicks on it. Now the function below which I found from 2002 in the archive works fine for IE 6 but it works in neither Netscape 7 nor Firefox 1.0. I'm hoping some of you might have an alternative suggestion or insight for Netscape and Firefox. Code that works in IE6: function clearSelection () { if (document.selection) document.selection.empty(); else if (window.getSelection) window.getSelection().removeAllRanges(); } <input type="text" name=...

Wrapping Text
I'm trying to export an Access table to a pipe-delimited text file (with no text qualifier) and it keeps wrapping the text for one of the tables. None of the fields are particularly long, so I'm not sure why it's doing this. Any ideas how I can stop it from wrapping the text in the text file? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/databases-ms-access/200803/1 Leviathan wrote: >I'm trying to export an Access table to a pipe-delimited text file (with no >text qualifier) and it keeps wrapping the text for one of the tables. None of >the fields are particularly long, so I'm not sure why it's doing this. Any >ideas how I can stop it from wrapping the text in the text file? Nevermind, figured it out. Looks like there was a carriage return in defining one of the cells in the query. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/databases-ms-access/200803/1 ...

passing text fom text box to sql
Hi I hope someone can help me simplified scenario The situation: microsoft access 2000 TABLE is a list of surnames SQL query is SELECT surname FROM table WHERE surname =("SomeSurname") FORM has a buttons and a text box I want to be able to type "SomeSurname" into Text Box and then click button to run SQL query with SomeSurname and open results in a datasheet sheet View I try as i may I can not do thisI have tried DoCmd OpenQuery DoCmd.RunSQL ect any help appreciated Boris, AIR CODE ALERT I assume tboxSurname and btnSearch exist on some form. The form also has a su...

R ePassing text from text box to sql
Thanks To Pieter and Iago for your help Regards Boris ...

How do I 'SELECT All' text in a text box
I want to select all text in a multi line text box from a command butten. Thank for help Dave Try this... Private Sub Command1_Click() With Text1 .SelStart = 0 .SelLength = Len(.Text) .SetFocus End With End Sub Rick - MVP "Dave" <last2try@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:fo0b90h0j9imbvntdea3uu2mefth5teufr@4ax.com... > I want to select all text in a multi line text box from a command > butten. > > Thank for help > Dave ...

Add new text box after entered text
Hello, I have an application that I'm building but I'm getting stuck on a few things. 1. I have a slider to select how many "sections" to have, this will then build a table of text boxes for a title in one column, and in the other column there will be 2 text boxes for an "option name" and "value". (I got this part) 2. When someone finishes entering the title, and one option/value then clicks off of the last box I want to create a new one for that option. If they don't enter a value for both I don't want it to show another group of text boxes. Ques...

Web resources about - format bold text in a text box - comp.databases.ms-access

Format - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sydney Symphony Orchestra review: Music talks in new Playlist format
Sydney Symphony Orchestra's new concert format tasks a member with the curation and presentation of a one-hour playlist giving an insight into ...

We want to be No 1 in all formats: Smith
... speaks to the media ahead of the first Test against New Zealand in Wellington. [ The Age ] The Age - Video We want to be No 1 in all formats: ...

Apple launches Apple News Format for all, enabling publishers to deliver rich-media content in the News ...
Apple is finally rolling out its Apple News Format to all publishers, after an initial announcement at WWDC 2015. The format lets anyone, big ...

Infuse 4 is here for high-performance multi-format video playback
... software for jailbroken Apple TVs), Infuse is considered one of the most excellent video player apps , what with its support for multiple formats ...

F1 forced to delay new qualifying format until Spanish Grand Prix
Filed under: Motorsports Bernie Ecclestone says that Formula 1's new elimination qualifying format will not be introduced until the Spanish Grand ...

Google Docs now exports to ePub format
Google Docs has a new option allowing your documents to be saved directly to the ePub format. EPUB Publication. EPUB documents are widely supported ...

Twitter Plans to Redesign Format for Timeline Display
... for its embedded timelines on March 3 as part of a redesign for its embedded timelines. Twitter Inc. ( NYSE:TWTR ) plans to redesign the format ...

Google Docs now lets you edit and format your documents with your voice
Google today announced a new feature for its mega-popular Google Docs tool that lets you format and edit documents with your voice. It's an ...

Kohl’s To Close 18 Underperforming Stores; Will Test Smaller Format Shops
... a year ago, the retailer has announced plans to shed a few locations from its roster while simultaneously adding a handful of smaller-format ...