Forms question - using a form to call a form

Hi folks,

I'm new here and am a neophyte Access 2000 user/developer. A year
ago, I barely knew what Access was. I was asked by the people that
pay us to begin keeping certain data about the children's crisis
program I manage. After a couple of years doing this by hand on paper
(Yikes!), I decided that this was ridiculous. Out of neccessity, I
had to learn Access and develop a database to track clients and
services. So what I know, I've learned from places like this and from
the many text books I've picked up. I developed the database and
entered almost 3 years of data. We average about 30 kids and their
families a month, so there are quite a few records at this point.
Usual length of stay is about 12 days.

So, on to the question:

I have a form I've set up, frmIndivClient, that gives information on
previous clients including entry_date, exit_date and various details
of the case. That works fine. What I want is to have a form that I
can enter certain data about a particular client (Client ID, date of
birth or Last Name) and upon clicking a button (or whatever) the
form, frmIndivClient, will open to the record of that client. I've
been messing with it quite a bit and haven't come up with anything
really workable. I did put together a query that has [Client_ID #?]
in the criteria field of the Client_ID table item. open the form and
it asks for the Client_ID to open. do that and it opens to that
record. But I want to have a seperate form that there is a selection
of last name or client ID or date of birth. Fill in one or more of
the items and click the button and the form frmIndivClient opens to
that client. Often, we get questions about previous client's and it
would be nice not to have to plow throw records one at a time to find
the kid.

I suspect this is simple and I'm just not seeing it.

Hope all that's clear. Thanks for any help. Just about the time I
think I kinda know what I'm doing with this, I find out I don't know
much.

Randy

   NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam.  If this or other posts
made through NewsOne.Net violate posting guidelines, email abuse@newsone.net

Build a continuous form that lists your clients by last name. Be sure to include
the ClientID field. You can make it not visible. Add the following code to the
OnClick event of the last name field:

DoCmd.OpenForm "frmIndivClient",,,"[ClientID] = " & Me!ClientID

With this code you will be able to click on the last name in the list and
frmIndivClient will open to that client.

--
                                         PC Datasheet
Your Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications

<nospam_stunter2001@charter.net> wrote in message

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm new here and am a neophyte Access 2000 user/developer. A year
> ago, I barely knew what Access was. I was asked by the people that
> pay us to begin keeping certain data about the children's crisis
> program I manage. After a couple of years doing this by hand on paper
> (Yikes!), I decided that this was ridiculous. Out of neccessity, I
> had to learn Access and develop a database to track clients and
> services. So what I know, I've learned from places like this and from
> the many text books I've picked up. I developed the database and
> entered almost 3 years of data. We average about 30 kids and their
> families a month, so there are quite a few records at this point.
> Usual length of stay is about 12 days.
>
> So, on to the question:
>
> I have a form I've set up, frmIndivClient, that gives information on
> previous clients including entry_date, exit_date and various details
> of the case. That works fine. What I want is to have a form that I
> can enter certain data about a particular client (Client ID, date of
> birth or Last Name) and upon clicking a button (or whatever) the
> form, frmIndivClient, will open to the record of that client. I've
> been messing with it quite a bit and haven't come up with anything
> really workable. I did put together a query that has [Client_ID #?]
> in the criteria field of the Client_ID table item. open the form and
> it asks for the Client_ID to open. do that and it opens to that
> record. But I want to have a seperate form that there is a selection
> of last name or client ID or date of birth. Fill in one or more of
> the items and click the button and the form frmIndivClient opens to
> that client. Often, we get questions about previous client's and it
> would be nice not to have to plow throw records one at a time to find
> the kid.
>
> I suspect this is simple and I'm just not seeing it.
>
> Hope all that's clear. Thanks for any help. Just about the time I
> think I kinda know what I'm doing with this, I find out I don't know
> much.
>
> Randy

eb  -----
>   http://newsone.net/ -- Free reading and anonymous posting to 60,000+ groups
>    NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam.  If this or other posts
> made through NewsOne.Net violate posting guidelines, email abuse@newsone.net

0
resource (75)
11/19/2003 5:19:10 PM
nospam_stunter2001@charter.net wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm new here and am a neophyte Access 2000 user/developer. A year
> ago, I barely knew what Access was. I was asked by the people that
> pay us to begin keeping certain data about the children's crisis
> program I manage. After a couple of years doing this by hand on paper
> (Yikes!), I decided that this was ridiculous. Out of neccessity, I
> had to learn Access and develop a database to track clients and
> services. So what I know, I've learned from places like this and from
> the many text books I've picked up. I developed the database and
> entered almost 3 years of data. We average about 30 kids and their
> families a month, so there are quite a few records at this point.
> Usual length of stay is about 12 days.
>
> So, on to the question:
>
> I have a form I've set up, frmIndivClient, that gives information on
> previous clients including entry_date, exit_date and various details
> of the case. That works fine. What I want is to have a form that I
> can enter certain data about a particular client (Client ID, date of
> birth or Last Name) and upon clicking a button (or whatever) the
> form, frmIndivClient, will open to the record of that client. I've
> been messing with it quite a bit and haven't come up with anything
> really workable. I did put together a query that has [Client_ID #?]
> in the criteria field of the Client_ID table item. open the form and
> it asks for the Client_ID to open. do that and it opens to that
> record. But I want to have a seperate form that there is a selection
> of last name or client ID or date of birth. Fill in one or more of
> the items and click the button and the form frmIndivClient opens to
> that client. Often, we get questions about previous client's and it
> would be nice not to have to plow throw records one at a time to find
> the kid.
>
> I suspect this is simple and I'm just not seeing it.
>
> Hope all that's clear. Thanks for any help. Just about the time I
> think I kinda know what I'm doing with this, I find out I don't know
> much.
>
> Randy

>   http://newsone.net/ -- Free reading and anonymous posting to 60,000+ groups
>    NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam.  If this or other posts
> made through NewsOne.Net violate posting guidelines, email abuse@newsone.net

Randy,
Change the form names below as needed.
Add a command button to Form1. Code it's Click event:

   ' Save the record if you have just added a new Client
DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord
   ' Open Form2 to that Client's Record.
DoCmd.OpenForm "Form2", , , "[ClientI_D] = " & Me![Client_ID]

The above assumes [ClientID] is a Number Datatype.

Display the clients record on form1 and click the button.
Form2 will open at that clients record.

If you wish to suspend operation until you close Form2, change the above
code to:

DoCmd.OpenForm "Form2", , , "[Client_ID] = " & Me![Client_ID] , ,
acDialog

--
Fred
Please reply only to this newsgroup.
On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 17:36:35 +0000, Fredg wrote:

> Randy,
> Change the form names below as needed. Add a command button to Form1.
> Code it's Click event:
>
>    ' Save the record if you have just added a new Client
> DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord
>    ' Open Form2 to that Client's Record.
> DoCmd.OpenForm "Form2", , , "[ClientI_D] = " & Me![Client_ID]
>
> The above assumes [ClientID] is a Number Datatype.
>
> Display the clients record on form1 and click the button. Form2 will
> open at that clients record.
>
> If you wish to suspend operation until you close Form2, change the above
> code to:
>
> DoCmd.OpenForm "Form2", , , "[Client_ID] = " & Me![Client_ID] , ,
> acDialog

Thanks both of you for the info. I kept thinking this couldn't be that
tough. I tried something similar to Fredg's idea, but did realize you
needed the additional datatype. I'm just starting to learn VB for Access
and I'm not even close to understanding the syntax.

Thanks for the help, I'll try both approahes out and come back if I run
into troubles.

Randy
In article <bpg2l4$sgv$1@news.netmar.com>, <nospam_stunter2001@charter.net>
writes:

>I have a form I've set up, frmIndivClient, that gives information on
>previous clients including entry_date, exit_date and various details
>of the case. That works fine. What I want is to have a form that I
>can enter certain data about a particular client (Client ID, date of
>birth or Last Name) and upon clicking a button (or whatever) the
>form, frmIndivClient, will open to the record of that client. I've
>been messing with it quite a bit and haven't come up with anything
>really workable. I did put together a query that has [Client_ID #?]
>in the criteria field of the Client_ID table item. open the form and
>it asks for the Client_ID to open. do that and it opens to that
>record. But I want to have a seperate form that there is a selection
>of last name or client ID or date of birth. Fill in one or more of
>the items and click the button and the form frmIndivClient opens to
>that client. Often, we get questions about previous client's and it
>would be nice not to have to plow throw records one at a time to find
>the kid.

Hi folks,

---Man, using this NewsOne thing is ponderous.---

OK, so I tried some of the suggestions offered and, no suprise, they work. I
set up a form with command buttion with this code on click.

   ' Save the record if you have just added a new Client
DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord
   ' Open frmIndivClient to that Client's Record.
DoCmd.OpenForm "frmIndivClient", , , "[ClientID] = " & Me![Client_ID] ,
,acDialog

This works pretty well as far as opening the correct form on click. But I have
it set up so that you have to scroll through a thousand records to find the
client you want, then click the button to open the form. Is there some way to
set up the form so that you open the form, type into a text box the client's
ID you're looking for, click the button and have it open the form
frmIndivClient to that client?

Hope I'm not being too dense here. I think I'm missing some critical point.

Agan, thanks for any help.

Randy

   NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam.  If this or other posts
made through NewsOne.Net violate posting guidelines, email abuse@newsone.net

Forms and Form
Hi everyone ! 1) An example from help: "Each Form object has a Controls collection, which contains all controls on the form. You can refer to a control on a form either by implicitly or explicitly referring to the Controls collection. Your code will be faster if you refer to the Controls collection implicitly. The following examples show two of the ways you might refer to a control named NewData on the form called OrderForm: ' Implicit reference. Forms!OrderForm!NewData ' Explicit reference. Forms!OrderForm.Controls!NewData The next two examples show how you might refer to a control named NewData on a subform ctlSubForm contained in the form called OrderForm: Forms!OrderForm.ctlSubForm.Form!Controls.NewData Forms!OrderForm.ctlSubForm!NewData" Why is there a "." character after the name of the main form ? (and the same with a dot after "Controls" property). It's not a method or property ... And if you look at other key-word "Form, Report Properties" there is also an example: intOrderID = Forms!Orders!OrderDetails.Form!OrderID And now - there is a "!" - not "." wich is more logical for me. Why wasn't it this way in the last example ? And one more thing - I don't understand the meaning of property "form" - why to refer to itself ? Can't we refer just this way: Forms!Orders!OrdersDetails!OrderID ??? If we can do that in this way, why to use "form" property ? Than...

Form size question with Access forms, remote desktop, and MS Surface Pro
Hi, I know this is a stretch to ask this question, but: We have an Access 2010 application hosted using Remote Desktop. When we access forms from the desktop they look like they should. And from an iPad. However, a client is using their Surface Pro the forms are so tiny that she can't use them when accessing our application "on the cloud". Otherwise, they look fine on a Surface Pro when running it off the cloud. Does anyone have an idea? I do not think there is anything that the people that are hosting our software can do. -paulw On Monday, 29 February 2016 17:30:11 UTC, PW wrote: > Hi, > > I know this is a stretch to ask this question, but: > > We have an Access 2010 application hosted using Remote Desktop. When > we access forms from the desktop they look like they should. And from > an iPad. However, a client is using their Surface Pro the forms are > so tiny that she can't use them when accessing our application "on the > cloud". Otherwise, they look fine on a Surface Pro when running it > off the cloud. > > Does anyone have an idea? I do not think there is anything that the > people that are hosting our software can do. > > -paulw It will cost you, but have a look at a program called "ShrinkerStrether from Peter's Software (http://www.peterssoftware.com/ss.htm) This should shrink or stretch forms and all their controls to match the scr...

How to call a function located in a form module (form open in form view) from an Access Basic global module?
I would like to call a function stored in a form module in Access 2.0 from an Access 2.0 procedure in a global module. Function EmailTheOutletters () in module AppSpecific... .... 560 SSNtext = SelectRandomSSNtext(SSN) .... End Function SelectRandomSSNtext() is the procedure in the form module. I would use the syntax shown in line #560 if I were calling the function from within another procedure inside the form module. Do I have to reference it any differently if calling it from outside the form module? I don't think this is possible with Access 2.0 Solution: Put your function in a global module, and you can access it = from everywhere. --=20 Hope this helps Arno R "MLH" <CRCI@NorthState.net> schreef in bericht = news:53ch519mm1rhbojc8e8sav99t24v5roufm@4ax.com... >I would like to call a function stored in a form module > in Access 2.0 from an Access 2.0 procedure in a global > module. >=20 > Function EmailTheOutletters () in module AppSpecific... > ... > 560 SSNtext =3D SelectRandomSSNtext(SSN) > ... > End Function >=20 > SelectRandomSSNtext() is the procedure in the form module. > I would use the syntax shown in line #560 if I were calling the > function from within another procedure inside the form module. > Do I have to reference it any differently if calling it from outside > the form module? <snip> >I don't think this is possible with Access 2.0 >Solution: Put your function in a glo...

form access to form excel
Hello, How may I pass in VBA a value from a control in a access 2003 form to a control in a excel 2003 form ? I try this but it does'nt run: (oApp=word.application) oApp.Forms("saisie").tbnom.Value = Form_Form1.tbnom.Value & " " & Form_Form1.tbprenom.Value Thanks. ...

Making MS Access Form as a standalone form like in VB
Well, its sames difficult for me; I love access so much and wish to make it perform extra task. I prepared an HTML form but can not connect it to my access table and so I think it is possible to make an access form a standalone form for user input. Can anyone assist. My mail add is dianafather@aim.com. *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Oscar, why don't you just code up a VB form for user input and connect it to an Access backend? To my knowledge, you can't force an Access form to exist outside of Access. Your users would have to open the Access file to enter data, no matter how you set up the Access form. On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 11:35:09 GMT, Oscar N. Goyee <dianafather@aim.com> wrote: It's poor newsgroup practice to ask for email responses. Unlike what Steve said, you can create a form that lives outside of the Access main window: make it a popup. There is also nifty code out there (google for it), that puts the Access main window behind that popup, and moves it with it when it moves. To the end user it appears you have a single-form application. -Tom. >Well, its sames difficult for me; I love access so much and wish to make >it perform extra task. I prepared an HTML form but can not connect it to >my access table and so I think it is possible to make an access form a >standalone form for user input. Can anyone assist. My mail add is >dianafather@aim.com. > > > >*** Sent via Developersdex http://ww...

Form
I have a table TBL_NAMES : IDNAME , Name_person , ETC..... (15 different labels) I have a second table TBL_POINTS : IDPOINTS , LINKNAME_PERSON , POINTS_ALGEBRA , POINTS_GYM , etc.... (25 courses) I have made a form where all the names are listed and when i click on a name another form is opened with that persons name on top and a number of labels and textboxes where i put those points in. So far no problem. BUT... i want one record per person. So the next time i click on his name i would like to see those points and be able to change them but i must not be able to create a new record. T...

first form is ignored, second form is forms[0] why?
Does anyone recognize this situation and know what causes it ? The page starts with just a search form. When you do a search the page now has a search results form, a save botton, and the search form at the bottom. There is also a link to add another form with a dropdown. If you add the third form the page has the search results form, the form with the dropdown and the search form, in that order. The save button is set to submit the search results, which is always forms[0]. If the page has all 3 forms, it works fine. The first form is submitted,and it is the correct form. If however, the ...

calling a form sub from another form
Hi All This might sound simple, but I'm stumped. In essence I have a 2 form app that connects to an SQL db and extracts info from it. This works fine. The problem is with my 2nd form. The 'run through' is that the user can select an inv no from a combo box on form1 and when they select one, I auto-extract info from a db relating to this inv no, concat the various data fields with 2 other text fields (contains footer info) that are on form 2 and present it in a large text box on form 1. This also works fine. The problem is that the user may be previewing the large text box da...

MS Access Forms and Reports Question
Hey folks, I am trying to make a form that has a button linked to a report. Instead of when pressing the button just bringing up the specific records information, it is searching the whole table that the form is linked to and bringing that up in the report. I know there is a way to just print the selected record in the form and turn that into a report and print that. Does anyone know how to do this? Does a query need to be made? I tried searching the help files to no avail. I have done this before a long time ago, I just don't remember how. Thanks Allison Allison wrote: > Hey folks, > > I am trying to make a form that has a button linked to a report. > Instead of when pressing the button just bringing up the specific > records information, it is searching the whole table that the form is > linked to and bringing that up in the report. > > I know there is a way to just print the selected record in the form > and turn that into a report and print that. Does anyone know how to > do this? Does a query need to be made? I tried searching the help > files to no avail. I have done this before a long time ago, I just > don't remember how. > Thanks > > Allison It is very common in Access to need to... Open a Form pre-filtered based on the value of one or more controls on the current form. Open a Report pre-filtered based on the value of one or more controls on the current form. Even though these are both about as co...

Forms/Subforms in MS Access Database

Hiding Access Main Form/tables/queries/forms/etc
Thank you in advance for any and all assistance. Is there a way to hide the Main Access window with tables, queries, forms etc programmatically? Michael On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 17:17:16 -0600, "PMBragg" <pmbragg@megavision.com> wrote: >Thank you in advance for any and all assistance. > >Is there a way to hide the Main Access window with tables, queries, forms >etc programmatically? > Yes. Take a look here for some API code that will manipulate the Access window. http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0019.htm - Jim Another way, with probably less control than the programmatic method(s): With the focus on the database window, click Tools - Startup. Uncheck the box "Display Database Window". It will be hidden when the database opens. Can be made visible via Window - Unhide. To open with the database window visible (and all other non-default startup options ignored), hold down the Shift key while opening the database via any usual method. Bruce Pick "PMBragg" <pmbragg@megavision.com> wrote in message news:ZnjOb.314$l95.101875@news.uswest.net... > Thank you in advance for any and all assistance. > > Is there a way to hide the Main Access window with tables, queries, forms > etc programmatically? > > Michael > > On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 03:55:37 GMT, JimNOT@NOTdatacentricsolutions.com (Jim Allensworth) wrote: >On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 17:17:16 -0600, "PMBragg" <pmbragg@megavision.com>...

Access Form --> Hyperlink to Excel --> Return to Original Access Form ?
I have an Access 2000 form that has a Hyperlink that opens an Excel 2000 worksheet located in the same network folder as the Access MDB. The Hyperlink works great. When users close the Excel File, they must choose the correct open Access form on the Windows Desktop Taskbar to return to the Access form that had the Hyperlink. Is there a way to: 1. Open the Access Form 2. Launch the Hyperlink to the Excel Workbook 3. Exit Excel, then 4. Return to the original Access form automatically - without clicking anything (such as the the TaskBar) I just need help with #4. Or, is there a better way to do this? Thanks John John wrote: > I have an Access 2000 form that has a Hyperlink that opens an Excel > 2000 worksheet located in the same network folder as the Access MDB. > > The Hyperlink works great. > > When users close the Excel File, they must choose the correct open > Access form on the Windows Desktop Taskbar to return to the Access form > that had the Hyperlink. > > Is there a way to: > > 1. Open the Access Form > 2. Launch the Hyperlink to the Excel Workbook > 3. Exit Excel, then > 4. Return to the original Access form automatically - without clicking > anything (such as the the TaskBar) > > I just need help with #4. > > Or, is there a better way to do this? > > Thanks > John > See if the code at http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm works better. Thanks for the response. I wi...

calling a subform from another form(not main form)
Hi, I have a MainForm and a SubForm. I also have a popup form that is opened by a button click on the subform. On that form I want to set the main form and subform. to set mainform you do this: dim f as form f = forms("MainForm") ---this works I don't know how to set the subform though... I tried this: dim sf as subform sf = forms("MainForm!Subform") but this does not work... any help appreciated...using Access 2000. Thanks sorry I had a type up there...the code should be to set mainform you do this: dim f as form set f = forms("MainForm") ---this works I don't know how to set the subform though... I tried this: dim sf as subform set sf = forms("MainForm!Subform") but this does not work... any help appreciated...using Access 2000. Thanks ...

Call Function On Main Form to Sub Form
I have a form (frmAppointment) with a subform on it (frmAppointmentsub1). I have placed a command button on the main form which calls the function below from the module. The purpose of this function is to make fields beginning with YY invisble OnClick of the command button on the main form. It works for the fields on the main form but not on the subform. What do I need to add or do to make it work on the subform? Any help would be most appreciated. Thank You TD The command button on the main form event procedure is: Private Sub cmdYY_Click() Dim I As Integer I = glrInvisbleFields(Me) End Sub The module function is: Function glrInvisbleFields(F As Form) Dim I As Integer Dim C As Control Dim X As Variant For I = 0 To F.Count - 1 Set C = F(I) If Left$(C.Name, 2) = "YY" Then C.Visible = False End If Next I End Function this code may help (it assumes that the name of the subform does not start with YY, I have not tested it, but it may work.... Any questions, please ask Function glrInvisbleFields(F As Form) Dim I As Integer Dim C As Control Dim X As Variant Dim Fsub as form Dim Csub as control '---------------------------------------------------- For each C in F If Left$(C.Name, 2) = "YY" Then C.Visible = False else Csub.visible = true If F.DefaultView = 0 Then 'single ...

Finding a Form's calling Forms
Hi, I have an Access document which I've been asked to debug and update a little. The problem is that i can't find where one of the Forms is being called from. In other words, I can't navigate to this form by clicking on the various forms that lead to it. I can of course open it via objects>>forms. Any suggestions, Barry. I've run into this when the form in question is no longer in use, yet left undeleted or when the form is not intended for use by the end-users, but only by the db admin. Is there nothing in the code or control sources referring to another form? If not, there's a chance one of the above is the reason. bg_ie@yahoo.com wrote: >Hi, > >I have an Access document which I've been asked to debug and update a >little. The problem is that i can't find where one of the Forms is >being called from. In other words, I can't navigate to this form by >clicking on the various forms that lead to it. I can of course open it >via objects>>forms. > >Any suggestions, > >Barry. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/databases-ms-access/200705/1 On 8 May 2007 01:50:09 -0700, bg_ie@yahoo.com wrote: That's not unusual. Poorly maintained databases often have objects that are no longer in use, and objects that were never part of a menu structure but intended to be run from the database window. Use "Speed Ferret" or "Find and Replace&q...

Struts form question (attaching filled in form)
Is there an easy way to let a user fill in a form, and on submit send the results to the user, as well as attach the form they filled out? I can do everything but I am just starting to look at how I can easily present the form to the user without having to create an application the stores info and allows rebuilding the form. thanks Ryan On 25 Feb 2005 09:12:01 -0800, redfame@gmail.com wrote: >Is there an easy way to let a user fill in a form, and on submit send >the results to the user, as well as attach the form they filled out? ? Send results to the user? Email? In the Browser?...

Quick, simple question with Access Database Form
Hello All, I have a quick, easy question. Hopefully, someone will give me a hint. I will greatly appreciate any help. I am pretty new to Access. I have created a Main Menu in Form in Access. When I click on Main Menu, an interface popups. In the interface, I have 2 buttons. For example: --------------------------------------------------------| | | | |--------------------| | | | House Info | | | |-------------------- | | | | |--------------------| | | | Car Info | | | |-------------------- | | | | -------------------------------------------------------- What I have to do is that: when I click on button "House Info" then a window pops up, asking for password. After that, it will go to another interface for the user to enter/update their House information. When someone clicks on "Car Info" button, there is no window pops up asking for password, it just goes directly to its own interface for user to enter information about their car. If you have any idea how to do this, please give me a hint. Thank you so very much for your help. Sincerely, Teresa On 2...

Cotsec Forms released
Cotsec has released a cross-language/cross-platform rapid development environment that significantly cuts down general development costs for desktop,web-based and mobile applications. Cotsec generates Java applications using a Requirements Driven Development (RDD) approach in which Business Analysts (BA's) createrequirements of the application to be created, and then use an application generator (such as Cotsec) to generate and maintain large portions of the target application. This is in line with Cotsec's philosophy that developers shouldn't write applications - they should primarily create architectures, frameworks and code generators - and share these in a community of similar developers. Cotsec has released Cotsec Forms - a framework for generating Forms based applications in: - Swing - Struts [via CMP 2.0 EJB's, or a user-defined persistence framework such as Hibernate] - Eclipse SWT - .NET Windows Forms - .NET ASPx code [bound to automatically generated .NET web services in .NET standard fashion] Cotsec is seeking interest from both potential clients (end users or developers interested in utilising the framework in their environment) and developers interested in extending the Cotsec framework in an "Open Source" fashion. Please email mailto:developer@cotsec.com (developer@cotsec.com) for further information. Screenshots -- http://www.cotsec.com/screenshots/index.htm...

repost calling a subform from another form(not main form)
Hi, I have a MainForm and a SubForm. I also have a popup form that is opened by a button click on the subform. On that form I want to set the main form and subform. to set mainform you do this: dim f as form set f = forms("MainForm") ---this works I don't know how to set the subform though... I tried this: dim sf as subform set sf = forms("MainForm!Subform") but this does not work... any help appreciated...using Access 2000. Thanks set sf = forms!MainForm.Subform.form If your form name is not a variable It's also faster to refer to the objects explicitly e.g. forms!Myform as opposed to forms("Myform") HTH Pachydermitis I have to use Forms("string") since the subform declaration is a string... Is there anyway I can do what you wrote above "set sf = forms!MainForm.Subform.form" with useing the forms() function...? You should read Keri Hardwick's article about referring to subforms and subform controls etc on access web. www.mvps.org/access - go to Search, type in "Hardwick" and there should only be a handful of articles. You can't miss it. set sf = forms!MainForm.controls("Subform").form HTH Pachydermitis ...

Question re: MS Access Forms or Data Pages
I have a single large MS Access table with about 25 fields (Grant Number, Project, Check Date, etc.). I&#8217;d like to create a form or data sheet that would allow people who are not familiar with Access queries to look up (not add or edit) information. For example, to find all the transactions that are associated with a particular grant number. Is the best way to do this to create a form based on a blank query for the input, then have a sub-form for the results? Thanks! Hi Jeff, This is a simple approach but it'll get you started: I created a blank form, no recordsource. One combobox, one command button. Generated a read-only query based on the contents of the combobox. [1] combobox named cboChoice populated with names via a query - using 'distinct' to return one row for each name. "SELECT DISTINCT tblPerson.PersonName FROM tblPerson; " [2] command button named cmdComboQuery. [3] also created a query called qryCombo with initial SQL same as statement above, doesn't matter what it is as it will be rewritten for each query. This event is triggered by hitting the command button: Private Sub cmdComboQuery_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdComboQuery_Click Dim qryName As String Dim qdf As querydef qryName = "qryCombo" Set qdf = CurrentDb.QueryDefs(qryName) qdf.SQL = "select * from tblPerson where PersonName = '" & Me!cboChoice & "'" DoCmd.OpenQuery qryName, acNormal, acRead...

HTML form to XML form
Hello All, Is there a way to convert a html form to a xml form ? I designed a html form which uses javascript and css to hide and display some sctions. I want the same form in xml format. How can I do this ? I tried hard read some articles but could not get an idea. Please give me some guide lines. Thankyou All, Sachin -- Sachin wrote: ..... > Is there a way to convert a html form to a xml form ? What is 'an XML form'? > I designed a html form which uses javascript and css to hide and > display some sctions. I want the same form in xml format. By design, XML stores data...

Creating custom forms with a form...
This is more of a structural question (me: newbie) as opposed to specific coding. Please be patient... I'm making a database for the small company I work for. It will be to add and edit products listed on our e-commerce site. I would like to have a customized form for each group of similar products ("drills, for instance, would be a similar group of products - although there are further groups within the group of "drills"...). Every product will share standard fields like "product number" and "price" but there are many product specifications that are specific to only some products (hence the "similar groups"). These specs includes "volts," "amps," "horsepower," etc. So, I would like to be able to design these custom forms using an easy to use form. I was thinking of using a table listing all available specifications (volts, amps, horsepower, etc.). I would then choose each specification (taken from the "available specs" table) in a drop down menu. This would create a *group* form. To clarify, some product groups would list "volts" and "amps," but not "horsepower" whereas others would have "horsepower" but not "volts" or "amps." The above example is an oversimplification. The number of available specs could be in the 150-200 range, the number of product groups could be in the 300-400 range and the number of products could go ...

Have form not navigate out of current form
I want to be able to keep the current form on the current record. That is, the arrow key, the tab or the enter should not cause the form to go to next record or previous record. Preferably loop from last tab stop to first and visa versa. Hi Deacon, On the Form Property sheet there is a property called "Cycle". It is the 36th property listing in the Form property sheet (make sure you are on the Form property sheet because a textbox property sheet wont have this property - only the Form property sheet - right-click on the little black square on the left upper corner of the Form design view to access the form property sheet). Go down 36 properties from the top of the "All" tab on the form property sheet. There are 3 options here: All Records, Current Record, Current Page. Select current record. Now you can't tab out of that record. The only way to get to the next record is by clicking on the Navigations buttons (or a custom button if you placed one on the form). Rich *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** On 17 Aug 2006 08:00:57 -0700, Deacon Dan wrote: > I want to be able to keep the current form on the current record. That > is, the arrow key, the tab or the enter should not cause the form to go > to next record or previous record. Preferably loop from last tab stop > to first and visa versa. To keep the Tab and Enter key from moving to the next record, set the Form's Cycle property to Current Reco...

form element without forms
I'm rewriting some AJAX code. Basically this is just tabular data and you click on a cell to edit it in place. The cell gets replaced by the appropriate form element and an "update" button. Now, traditionally I would refer to the form element like this: document.forms['form_name']['form_element_name'] Lets say I didn't wish to have a wrapper form (it would increase flexibility on what and where I could edit). What's the support level on form elements without forms and calling them by their id rather than looking in the forms collection? ...

Form/Subform In Continuous Form
Is there a way to put a main form/subform in a continuous form so I can scroll through all the records in the main form? Thanks! "Steve" <Email@Invalid.com> schreef in bericht = news:13sjb1g6t2nsa8a@corp.supernews.com... > Is there a way to put a main form/subform in a continuous form so I = can > scroll through all the records in the main form? >=20 > Thanks! =20 Huh ?? Would that be nice ?? Why do you want that ?? I guess you need to use a continuous form, and open a particular = (filtered) mainform by means of a doubleclick (or something like that) = in the record you need. Arno R Steve wrote: > Is there a way to put a main form/subform in a continuous form so I can > scroll through all the records in the main form? > > Thanks! > You could create a continuous form of the main form (subA). And make a continous form of the subform (subB). Then create/open up a new form (MainForm) and drop both forms into the new form. You wouldn't use Master/Child linking between the two subforms. In the subform SubA you might have in the OnCurrent event some code like Forms!MainForm!SubB.Filter = "CustID = " & Me.CustID Forms!MainForm!SubB.FilterOn = True SuperStar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_3zRh6HeZs Thanks for responding! That's not quite what I want. In your scheme you only see the related records in SubB for the current record in SubA. What I would like to see is something like this: Cu...

Web resources about - Forms question - using a form to call a form - comp.databases.ms-access

Thirteen tough questions every couple should ask for a successful marriage
These intimate and sometimes awkward questions give couples a chance to spill secrets before it's too late.

Arnold Schwarzenegger terminates Weekend Sunrise interview after questions on US presidential campaign ...
He's famous for saying he'll be back, but Arnold Schwarzenegger may think twice about appearing on Weekend Sunrise again.

South Carolina police officer killed trying to question teen
A South Carolina police officer was shot and killed Friday as he and a partner were trying to question a self-professed gang member who they ...

‘If I Stay Here, You’ll Make 500 Questions. I Said I Was Going To Answer One.’
Cuban Pres. Raul Castro is not used to taking questions from the press. But he agreed to today. It didn’t go well. In a joint news conference ...

"It’s a question every candidate for state Supreme Court is asked: Which U.S. Supreme Court justices ...
Writes the left/liberal Bill Lueders at the end of his Isthmus piece "Battle for the [Wisconsin Supreme] court/Bradley v. Kloppenburg is a classic ...

There's a huge unanswered question in the collapse of Powa Technologies — where did the money go?
It has been a month since London payment company Powa Technologies collapsed into administration and, as the dust settles, we've got some idea ...

S.C. police officer killed trying to question teen
S.C. police officer killed trying to question teen

14 great responses when a job interviewer asks, 'Any questions for me?'
So you managed to get through a phone screen, ten resume revisions, and a lot of anxious moments when you were convinced they were ignoring you. ...

South Carolina police officer killed trying to question man
New York Daily News South Carolina police officer killed trying to question man Charlotte Observer Police officers work the scene of an officer-involved ...