Forms/Subforms in MS Access Database

Why do my Forms/Subforms in my MS Access Database not appear?

All I see is the boxes where they should show?!

What did I do wrong?

Thanks,

John

zufie wrote:
> Why do my Forms/Subforms in my MS Access Database not appear?
>
> All I see is the boxes where they should show?!
>
> What did I do wrong?

0
me2968 (1474)
11/24/2008 8:54:44 PM
On Nov 24, 2:54=A0pm, MGFoster <m...@privacy.com> wrote:
> zufie wrote:
> > Why do my Forms/Subforms in my MS Access Database not appear?
>
> > All I see is the boxes where they should show?!
>
> > What did I do wrong?

Thanks.

I forgot to mention that the Forms/Subforms do not show on my PC nor
an end user's PC when I click on the copy of the database that is
resides on another server?!

The same thing occurs when a copy of the database is copied to the end
user's desktop (of their PC).

However, I am able to see the forms/subforms on my PC when I copy the
database to my desktop.

Is it possible the forms/subforms reside only on my PC? As I was the
developer that made modifications to the database?

Could it be a rights issue?

Thanks!

John
On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 06:47:18 -0800, zufie wrote:
> I forgot to mention that the Forms/Subforms do not show on my PC nor an
> end user's PC when I click on the copy of the database that is resides
> on another server?!

The detail section of a form disappears when there are no records in the
recordset and no ability to add new ones.  The header and footer will
still show in these cases though.  If they don't already have one,
temporarily add a header and/or footer and see if those show up.

If you see those then I suspect that this is the reason for what you are
seeing.  Do your forms have existing records that they should be
displaying?

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...
On Nov 25, 11:14=A0am, Rick Brandt <rickbran...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 06:47:18 -0800, zufie wrote:
> > I forgot to mention that the Forms/Subforms do not show on my PC nor an
> > end user's PC when I click on the copy of the database that is resides
> > on another server?!
>
> The detail section of a form disappears when there are no records in the
> recordset and no ability to add new ones. =A0The header and footer will
> still show in these cases though. =A0If they don't already have one,
> temporarily add a header and/or footer and see if those show up.
>
> If you see those then I suspect that this is the reason for what you are
> seeing. =A0Do your forms have existing records that they should be
> displaying?
>
> --
> Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
> Email (as appropriate) to...
> RBrandt =A0 at =A0 Hunter =A0 dot =A0 com

My Access databases were corrupted.

1)I performed a Tools--> Database Utilities--> Compact & Repair
Database.
2)Then I deleted the linked tables.
3)Next I linked the tables from the data source database (another MS
Access database)
  (Files--> Get External Data--> Link Tables)

Thanks,

John

MS Access databases
Hello, I have been trying to read a simple MSAccess database and show the records on screen but no success so far. I have created a DSN (Data Source Name) in my Win 2k box and the connection goes ok. But when I try to return a ResultSet using a simple SELECT statement, ("SELECT * FROM MyTable") no records appear. Database is Ok. It is a very simple table. I don't get *any* error message but also no records from it. Is there anything special I need to do for accessing it? Does anybody have a simple code for accessing MSAccess databases? (From DSN creation till sample code) Thanks in Advance. Java Newbie. import java.sql.*; public class DataBase { public static void main(String[] args) { String data = "jdbc:odbc:YahooAddrBook"; // data base friendly nam try { Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection( data, "", ""); Statement st = conn.createStatement(); String q = "SELECT * " + "FROM yahoo_ab " + // table name "WHERE (\"Last Name\" LIKE '"+ args[0]+"') "+ "ORDER BY (\"First Name\")"; System.out.println(q); ResultSet rec = st.executeQuery(q); while(re...

MS Access database
A client of mine has another 3rd party program which uses MS Access database. They want my to create an additional program which is to read this data. My problem is that the database has a password on it. I know there are cracks available at a cost of USD$45.00+. Does anybody have a free crack to retrieve the database password? Would this be unethical or be a copyright of reverse engineering violation? The data is owned by the client so I recon is would be fine to read the data! Regards, Lance It's your data. As long as you don't sell it or use their data in any software that you...

MS Access Database
Hi, I am working on a database to keep track all the caller's info in the database. For example: After the user entered a caller's information in the database, and when that same caller called back again the second time and then some of their information and also the client id automatically appeared on the screen so that the user don't need to retype them again. I want to keep track of each record as new records. The Id and first name will be the same. When I run a report I can link them all together and knowing that this person had called in twice! Any suggesti...

MS Access Database
Interested profiles should be delivered at versatilehr.farook@gmail.com Title: MS Access Database Location-NC Duration-3 months Skills & Experience: MS Access Database experience: Must understand and have experience developing MS Access applications. =95 SQL experience =95 ODBC =95 Importing and exporting excel spreadsheets to and from Access DB =95 Forms development =95 working with DB objects =95 Creating New Databases The Relational Model of Data Storage Creating Relational Database Tables Assigning a Primary Key to a Table =95 Joining tables in Database =95 Queries and Advanced Queries using conditions =95 Macros =95 Reporting =95 Using Datasheets =95 Customizing tool bars Farook Ahmed On 19 May, 19:15, Farook Ahmed <farook.versatil...@gmail.com> wrote: > Interested profiles should be delivered at > versatilehr.far...@gmail.com > > Title: MS Access Database > Location-NC > Duration-3 months > > Skills & Experience: > MS Access Database experience: Must understand and have experience > developing MS Access applications. > =95 SQL experience > =95 ODBC > =95 Importing and exporting excel spreadsheets to and from Access DB > =95 Forms development > =95 working with DB objects > =95 Creating New Databases > =A0The Relational Model of Data Storage > Creating Relational Database Tables > Assigning a Primary Key to a Table > =95 Joining tables in Database > =95 Queries and Advanced Queries using c...

How would you design this MS Access database:
I kind of get the idea of databases, how the fields and keys work, but Im not very sure about designing one... what should be a field, etc. I've read that the design of the database is the most important, so I thought Id get some inputs! The database I wish to create will contain dozens of "Message" types. These messages types will all have the same structure: Each message has a 32 word "data" payload (unsigned 16 bit), and for each of these data payloads, I would also like to associate a Description string. Each data word can be modified from a vb program, but...

SQLDisconnect from ms-access database
Hello, I'm trying to call the function SQLDisconnect in a C-program. The function returns a value "-1". I don't know does it an error occured or not? Can I ignore this returncode? The SQLError function returns no error text. Can me help someone? ...

Splitting MS Access Database
have an access 2000 database which has several levels of security defined, i.e., certain users can only see certain forms, run certain reports. I am splitting this database in front end and back end. I want to move back end to Oracle. I don't know where security is stored in Access. Will access users see only he forms/reports they have been authorized after the move to Oracle. I can limit database access to Oracle by creating different Oracle users, but my question is what happens to front end security after the split. Thanks, Prem premmehrotra@hotmail.com wrote: > have an access 2000 database which has several levels of security > defined, i.e., certain users can only see certain forms, run certain > reports. > > > I am splitting this database in front end and back end. I want to > move back end to Oracle. I don't know where security is stored > in Access. > > > Will access users see only he forms/reports they have been authorized > after the move to Oracle. I can limit database access > to Oracle by creating different Oracle users, but my question > is what happens to front end security after the split. You have to remember there are different authentication schemes possible with Oracle, like ldap, jazn, sso, etc. If you are using Access with odbc as an Oracle client, your option for security will be whatever is provided thru the odbc driver. Most likely you will have to hatch some schmeme on the...

MS Access Database Query
Hi, first of all I have to say I'am new to MS Access, I'm used to database systems like Oracle or MySQL. I created a simple database consisting of a single table and a form to fill in new entrys and search for existing entrys. But the search function that Access generates as I created the proper button is way to simple, I need a function that enables to search in several columns. I saw a few quite simple examples where this was done by DAO, but this doesn't work with a .mdb database, does it? (Access allways replies 'Unknown user datatype' once it gets to the line: 'Dim...

MS Access database shuts down
Windows XP environment, on opening a database it shuts down with an Oxc0000005 error. I haven't been able to find anything to help me resolve it on the Microsoft KB site. I have attempted a database repair but that didn't help. Anyone have any ideas how I could resolve this? The user needs access to this database on a consistent, regular basis!! (Of course, wouldn't happen otherwise :o) Thanks. Liz did you try exporting all code objects to text and then import all the stuff into a new database? ...

Web resources about - Forms/Subforms in MS Access Database - comp.databases.ms-access

Envia Forms on the App Store on iTunes
Get Envia Forms on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Antheraea polyphemus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It is a tan-colored moth, with an average wingspan of 15 cm (6 in). The most notable feature of the moth is its large, purplish eyespots on its ...

LiveCycle ES2 technical articles
For the complete experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser. Thank you! Products How to Buy Learn & Support About Adobe Creative Cloud ...

A Look Under the Hood
There’s an excellent article in Nature Reviews Drug Discovery that summarizes the state of the HDL-raising drug world. It will also serve as ...

Welcome to dbase
Cust_Ser_Tech_Support web site

Trafik – Heyevent.com
The world's best event guide. Discover interesting events in your city. Bonus: Sign in with Facebook to get personal event recommendations.

Powerful and Flexible Form Builder
... form building framework. Using simple Javascript commands, you can add skip logic, conditional elements and even interconnected forms and subforms. ...

Rihanna And Kim Kardashian The Latest Victims Of “The Fappening”
... iCloud service before they quickly faded from the news cycle. Shortly after the scandal became national news, Reddit banned all posts and subforms ...

CLHS: Issue Index (Alphabetic)
Alphabetical index of X3J13 issues: &ENVIRONMENT-BINDING-ORDER:FIRST ACCESS-ERROR-NAME ADJUST-ARRAY-DISPLACEMENT ADJUST-ARRAY-FILL-POINTER A ...

Survey Builder App - Bulk Text Messaging - Magpi
Magpi brings the benefits of mobile data collection and messaging to life: time savings, improved data quality, and affordable communication - ...