Get rid of Visual Source Safe?

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know how to get rid of the "Visual SourceSafe is not installed"
message when I open a code module?  I don't want to use it, but can't seem
to get rid of this alert message.

Thanks for any insight.

0
lee.marsh (7)

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 15:03:23 GMT in comp.databases.ms-access, "Tom
marsh" <lee.marsh@goodwill-suncoast.com> wrote:

>Hello everyone,
>
>Does anyone know how to get rid of the "Visual SourceSafe is not installed"
>message when I open a code module?  I don't want to use it, but can't seem
>to get rid of this alert message.

Does it need to be there? e.g. does everyone there use it but you? If
so install VSS.

If you don't need it then the usual thing is to compact the database,
it will ask you if you want to remove it from source control. That
siad I don't know if it asks this when VSS is not installed, if not
then create a new database and import everything into it.

--
Ride Free (but you still have to pay for the petrol)

(replace sithlord with trevor for email)
0
Trevor

Visual Source Safe and MS Access

ADO Connection Open fails with error -2147467259 when MS Access database under Source Safe
Immediately after generating the Access application from the Source Safe project I get: "-2147467259 Could not use ''; file already in use." If Access database closed and then reopened I get: "-2147467259 The database has been place in a state by user 'Admin' on machine ..... that prevents it from being opened or locked." This error will then persist - even past a machine reboot and compact and repair of both application db (without source safe removal) and 'server' db. If I remove the Access application from Source Safe the ADO connection opens fine. (Might have to close database and reopen it to get it working the first time after eliminating source safe.) I do not appear to be short on memory. Am using: Access 2003 with sp1 Source Safe 6.0d Windows XP Professional with sp2 Database in Access 2002-2003 format Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.7 Library I have isolated error in test database with just one table and one form. Test1 fails under source safe while Test2 - which avoids use of the offending open command -works regardless of use of source safe. Any illumination on this would be appreciated. I have found the Source Safe & Access combination hard going but I do not want to loose source code control. This issue has undermined my confidence in these tools yet again. Many thanks. GM Option Compare Database Option Explicit Private Sub cmdTest1_Click() On Error GoTo Error_Handler Dim cnn As ADODB.Conne...

Connecting to MS-Access database through visual basic
Hi, I am trying to browse a recordset using bound controls using VB 6.0. I am using Windows XP operating system. to this end i created a form in vb and try to link it to MS-Access database. when i give the path of database(.mdb) file, to link to the database, it gives an error saying unrecognised database format. any thoughts on why this is happening? any help is greatly appreciated. thanx in advance. i think u dont have latest latest Access drivers installed, and trying to access a newer version of Access database than VB (odbc) supports. Khurram ...

Open Source Database as an Alternative MS Access?
Is there any project team working on a PERSONAL database as an alternative to MS Access? TIA Dan <dan@nospam.com> writes: > Is there any project team working on a PERSONAL database as an > alternative to MS Access? http://www.icewalkers.com/Linux/Software/Applications/Databases/140/ In article <4YnOb.91694$fq1.71625@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com>, Dan wrote: > Is there any project team working on a PERSONAL database as an > alternative to MS Access? http://www.rekallrevealed.org/ Dave Cook Dan wrote: > Is there any project team working on a PERS...

how to get the specified number of records from ms access database
Hi there, Can anybody help me in, how to get the specified number of (say 35 at a time) from ms acess database. Please let me know the steps or idea. Thanks dhaniram@gmail.com wrote: > Hi there, > > Can anybody help me in, how to get the specified number of (say 35 at a > time) from ms acess database. Please let me know the steps or idea. > > Thanks > e.g. select top 35 * from table -- [Oo=w=oO] ...

separate Visual Source Safe (VSS) and Access 2003 .adp
Hi, this post is regarding Visual Source Safe (VSS) and Access 2003 .adp project. My question is if there is a way to separate the Access application from VSS. Right now we do it over the compact/repair option. This is not very convenient for us. Is there another way to separate the .adp project from VSS? Thank you in advance. Klas ...

How Do I Get Rid Of Coded Characters In An Access Database Memo Fields
The letter or symbol " � " appears in the memo field of my Access database. I tried to use search and replace to delete it, but even though I can see it the search and replace feature can not find it. It appears that the " � " is a line feed symbol because when I paste a passage into Microsoft Word it appears at the end of a line before a paragraph mark. The memo field is the passage field in my KJV Bible database, so there are over 31,000 records affected by the symbol. Below is a sample: And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness {was} � upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the � face of the waters. How do I delete the symbol from the field? The database was originally prepared in Lotus Approach and converted to an Access database. Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide. buggabugga77@yahoo.com First, find out what Ascii character the symbol is, e.g.: ? Asc(Right("And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness {was} �",1)) You can the use the Replace function to replace it with (say) a space: Replace("And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness {was} �", Chr(236), " ") Do that in an Update query to apply it to all records in your table. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia. Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html "Bugga Bugga" <buggabugga@nomail.com> wrote in message news:tu3...

Database connectivity with MS Access in Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
Hi All, I am developing a intra-company website. I am working in MS Visual Studio .NET, and am writing the code in VBScript. I have an MS Access database with which i want to connect. Once the connection is established, i want to retreive a particular record and display one particular field of the record in a text box. Given below is the concerned code snippet (the default.aspx.vb file): Partial Class _Default Inherits System.Web.UI.Page Protected Sub Submit_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Submit.Click Dim Conn Dim rsAddRequest Dim val Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") Conn.Provider = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" Conn.Open(Server.MapPath("requests.mdb")) rsAddRequest = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") rsAddRequest.CursorType = 2 rsAddRequest.LockType = 3 rsAddRequest.Open("Select * from request where TrackingID='RR0004'", Conn) Name.Text = rsAddRequest.Fields("RequesterName").ToString() rsAddRequest.Close() rsAddRequest = Nothing Conn = Nothing End Sub End Class The database is requests.mdb; the table is request, the field to be displayed is RequesterName and the text boc is named Name. The code given above diplays "System.__ComObject" in the text box. And, if i remove the .ToString() part, then the error generat...

Get the real type of columns from MS Access databases(OLEObject, text, memo, numeric)
Hello, I made one application that opens MS Access databases.And I have one problem.How can I find the real data type of columns(text, memo, OLEObject, numeric) like it is into Access.I tried with resultSetMetaData.getColumnType(columnIndex) but I receive java.sql.Types.I have two columns that contains OLEObjects(images).But I receive two different types for columns : VARCHAR once, and for second column SMALLINT.I only want to see the types like in Access(OLEObjects, Text, Numeric, Memo...).Thanks in advance! Best regards, Calin Pop ...

Can I update a MS Access 2002 database with Visual Basic .net 2003 Standard Editon?
I am considering purchasing Visual Basic .net 2003 Standard Editon to do some development work with Web Forms and I need to know whether this edit will allow me to update an Access database (mdb) file. I already have a database which is updated through an Access front-end, I want to update the database through web forms, is this possible? what are the benefits of going for the Professional Verion of Visual Studio instead? Cheers, In VB.Net you'd use the ADO.Net objects to update the database. Visual Studio.Net is just another Rapid Application Development (RAD) tool. It has the added ability of being the development platform for VB.NET, C#.NET, C++.NET, Java.NET. It can also easily create XML objects/dependencies and set up web pages to use ASP.NET. And, other stuff I've forgotten about. -- MGFoster:::mgf00 <at> earthlink <decimal-point> net Oakland, CA (USA) pisaac wrote: > I am considering purchasing Visual Basic .net 2003 Standard Editon to > do some development work with Web Forms and I need to know whether > this edit will allow me to update an Access database (mdb) file. I > already have a database which is updated through an Access front-end, > I want to update the database through web forms, is this possible? > what are the benefits of going for the Professional Verion of Visual > Studio instead? You'd want to go to the description of what you get with VB.NET Standard to see if it comes with the necessary su...

How to get Graphs from MS Access and use them in MS Powerpoint
Is there any easy way how to use graphs created in MS Access 2000 in Powerpoint?Especially when I need to use about 20 of them. Is there any development in Office 2003? Oskar *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! Instead of creating the graphs in Access, perhaps you should use vba either (a) to open Powerpoint from within Access and create the graph by pushing data into a Powerpoint template of your own design or (b) start Powerpoint and open the Access database in code and pull the data into a graph. Either way might be quite tricky, as you'd need to know how to use vba to create a graph... which may not meet your criterion for an "easy way". But it would automate your process for 20 graphs. I don't know if you can export an Access graph; and even if you could, presumably, you'd still want to automate the process of creating your Powerpoint presentation. Regards Geoff ...

access MS-Access database in C# Windows Application
Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application Blocks to access the database. I have tried 2 possible connection strings. ----------------------------------------- str_1 = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" + DBFilePath; str_2 = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" + DBFilePath; //SqlHelper is the class in the Microsoft Application Blocks SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery( str_1, CommandType.Text, SQL_str); ----------------------------------- The error message I got is: "Unknown connection option in connection string: driver." for str_1 and " Unknown connection option in connection string: provider." for str_2 So I am wondering, where is the problem? Is it because my connection string for MS Access is specified wrongly? Or is it because I cannot use SqlHelper to access the MS Access database? ( I have used SqlHelper class to access the MS SQL server, and it works) Your help will be greatly appreciated. James James wrote: > Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine > in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. > > But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application > Blocks to access the database. > > I have tried 2 possible connection strings. > > ----------------------------------------- > ...

Accessing BTrieve database from Visual C++/Visual Basic
Hi! I have been looking on the pervasive website but things don't get really clear to me. Does anybody know how to access a betrieve database from either Visual Basic or from Visual C++? Is there some sort of ODBC driver or anything alike? Do you know where to get it and if it is free or needs to be payed for? I'm looking for this because we use a product in our clinic that makes use of a BTrieve database from which we would like to query some information that we would like to use in some other system. If we can access the BTrieve database we are able to treat our patient be...

Wanted
I am wanting to be able to write reports against an ms-access database that is part of another package. I only want to report from the database. What I need is a package that will allow me to create the reports and then be able to distribute a run-time version. The client may not have Office so the package must run standalone. It could get to the Access database through an ODBC driver. Does anyone know what packages available? It looks like Crystal Reports has taken out their runtime version with their latest software but that was only a footnote in a book that I was reading. Please provide me with a list to start researching. Thanks, Joe There used to be other third-party report writers, but I don't know how many have survived over the years -- Crystal Reports appears to have been the most popular of these packages. (It is the only one that I have observed closely in use, and I saw some impressive work done with it on web applications against SQL Server.) Unless the magnitude of the distributable would be a problem, you can create your reports in Access, and distribute the Access application to run them with Access' runtime support. You'll get the Access runtime support in the Office Developer Edition for Access 97 - 2002, and in the Visual Studio.NET Tools for Office 2003 System for Access 2003. If you have difficulties with deployment using only the Packaging and Distribution Wizard, you can use a third-party installer such as Wise InstallMaster or Instal...

Web resources about - Get rid of Visual Source Safe? - comp.databases.ms-access

Visual flight rules - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Visual flight rules (VFR) are a set of regulations under which a pilot operates an aircraft in weather conditions generally clear enough to allow ...

Todd Sampson invests in social media start-up Visual Amplifiers
Todd Sampson plans to back a new tech start-up after taking on his third board role with a company which matches high profile consumer brands ...

Todd Sampson invests in social media start-up Visual Amplifiers
Todd Sampson plans to back a new tech start-up after taking on his third board role with a company which matches high profile consumer brands ...

Movies have cribbed a lot of visual ideas from the art world
Film is, above all, a visual medium. For the first few decades of cinema history, filmmakers didn’t even have synchronized dialogue at their ...

How visual effects artists built an insanely detailed world from scratch for 'Deadpool'
Audiences have fallen in love with foul-mouthed anti-hero Deadpool. While most people can't stop talking about the film's shocking use of violence, ...

Microsoft Visual Studio adds R support
Microsoft's Visual Studio added support for the R programming language this week with the unveiling of the open-source R Tools for Visual Studio ...

Oscars 2016: Ex Machina wins Best Visual Effects - EW.com
The creator of Ava in Ex Machina may have been rewarded with treachery at the hands of his robotic creation, but the team that brought Ava to ...

For Great PR: Create A Visual Product; Get Your Story Down Fast
This week I spoke to Meagan Chapman, the 30-year-old cofounder of Eco Flower, a 2014 startup in Greater Salt Lake with approximately 30 employees. ...

How an iPad add-on transforms the visual effects of ‘Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’
... “Bus” — and I got to hang out in the S.H.I.E.L.D. break room. And those two assailants? One was my daughter, Alyssa, and the other was Visual ...

Let Your Eyes Feast Upon the Visual Treats in This Stunning CGI Highlight Reel
The Association of Computing Machinery’s Special Interest Group on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques might not have the most exciting ...