Getting rid of the "Getting Started with Access" page

Anybody know how to prevent the annoying Access 2007 "Getting Started
with Access" page from showing up when the database is closed using
DoCmd.Quit? My database is used in a terminal server environment and I
need to be able to prevent users from creating new databases or
opening existing ones using that page.

Thanks!
0
evancater (80)

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 19:07:44 -0700 (PDT), evenlater
<evancater@gmail.com> wrote:

That page does not show up for me when I close my app using
DoCmd.Quit. Rather the desktop appears which was previously covered by
Access.
You may mean at startup time. If so, just provide a shortcut to your
application: access will load and immediately open your app, bypassing
this page. Users would still be able to navigate back to it if they
really wanted, but perhaps out of sight is out of mind.

-Tom.

>Anybody know how to prevent the annoying Access 2007 "Getting Started
>with Access" page from showing up when the database is closed using
>DoCmd.Quit? My database is used in a terminal server environment and I
>need to be able to prevent users from creating new databases or
>opening existing ones using that page.
>
>Thanks!
Are you using Access 2007? I am already using a shortcut to open the
app (in fact, I have to because I'm using an mdw file) and I don't see
that page until the user closes Access with DoCmd.Quit. However, when
I use the X button in the upper right corner, the "getting started"
page doesn't appear.

On Jun 30, 11:25 pm, Tom van Stiphout <no.spam.tom7...@cox.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 19:07:44 -0700 (PDT), evenlater
>
> <evanca...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> That page does not show up for me when I close my app using
> DoCmd.Quit. Rather the desktop appears which was previously covered by
> Access.
> You may mean at startup time. If so, just provide a shortcut to your
> application: access will load and immediately open your app, bypassing
> this page. Users would still be able to navigate back to it if they
> really wanted, but perhaps out of sight is out of mind.
>
> -Tom.

0
evancater (80)
7/1/2008 2:19:11 PM
"evenlater" <evancater@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Are you using Access 2007? I am already using a shortcut to open the
> app (in fact, I have to because I'm using an mdw file) and I don't see
> that page until the user closes Access with DoCmd.Quit. However, when
> I use the X button in the upper right corner, the "getting started"
> page doesn't appear.
<SNIP>

Try Application.Quit instead of DoCmd.Quit.

0
smccall (275)
7/1/2008 3:15:58 PM
On Jul 1, 10:15 am, "Stuart McCall" <smcc...@myunrealbox.com> wrote:
> Try Application.Quit instead of DoCmd.Quit.

Bingo! Thanks!
0
evancater (80)

How do I get rid of the folder "\My Documents\IBM\Client Access"?
Client Access seems to create the folder "\My Documents\IBM\Client Access" automatically. If I move / delete the folder, it gets recreated following a Windows restart. If I change / delete the registry entry "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IBM\Client Access Express\CurrentVersion\(Default)", the entry gets reset and the folder recreated following a Windows restart. I am running: IBM iSeries Access for Windows Version 5 Release 3 Modification level 0 Service level SI23492 Anyone know how to get rid of it for good? Even being able to move it to somewhere else would be good. Thanks. andyrobertsonuk@gmail.com wrote: > Client Access seems to create the folder "\My Documents\IBM\Client > Access" automatically. > > If I move / delete the folder, it gets recreated following a Windows > restart. > > If I change / delete the registry entry > "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IBM\Client Access > Express\CurrentVersion\(Default)", the entry gets reset and the folder > recreated following a Windows restart. > > I am running: > IBM iSeries Access for Windows > Version 5 > Release 3 > Modification level 0 > Service level SI23492 > > Anyone know how to get rid of it for good? > Even being able to move it to somewhere else would be good. > > Thanks. > Maybe I would try "Control Panel/iSeries Access for Windows" properties in the PC5250 tab, selecting...

Strawman: Is MS Access a "database"?
I would argue that it is not. JET is a desktop DB engine. Sybase is a database Oracle is a database DB2 is a database. VB 6 is a front-end development tool. PowerBuilder is a front-end development tool. MS Access is a front end devlopment tool. --------------------------------------- What's got me going on this is that I keep hearing statements like "What! you're running a mission-critical application out of an Access database?" Or the latest, to the effect of, "Well, sure the app has been working a-ok for the past five years, but would you want people reading in th...

Getting "access denied" error when mounting
I have a Solaris 10 x86 server. Inside its /etc/exportfs file, it contains: - /export/home/data rw "" When I go to a Solaris 10 x86 client system, I can mount that /export/ home/data onto this client without any problem. But when I go to an HP UX system, and try to mount that /export/home/ data directory from the Solaris 10 server, I get the "access denied" error message. On the HP UX system, inside /etc/.rhosts and /etc/ hosts.equiv, there is a + inside them. Also, I created similar user names and passwords on both the Solaris 10 and the HP UX systems. Does anyone know what I need to do in order to mount a directory from Solaris 10 onto an HP UX system? Thanks in advance. I have encountered a similar problem, except backwards. We have a NetApps NAS, and when I try to mount an export from there onto a Solaris 10 box (I did not have this problem with Solaris 9 or earlier) it fails with that error message. In my case it has to do with the NFS version. The NAS uses NFS V3 and Solaris 10 by default seems to use NFS V4, and if there is an "autonegotiate" that takes place between the two machines it does not succeed. I fixed the issue by adding the "vers=3" (I believe that is the syntax) option to the automount command on the Solaris box. You may need to add a similar option to the export command on your Solaris machine. Or dink around on the HPUX machine. I know my HPUX machines have no issue mounting filesyst...

LV7.1 Troubles to get a "Region of Interest" with the "get last event" method
Hello ! &nbsp; When using the "get last event" method on a displayed image, I can't get a ROI input : the method never returns a&nbsp;type=2 and doesn't draw the rectangle on the image. &nbsp; Moreover, I experience a behaviour I don't quite understand with the command array for the "which event" parameter : the left hand&nbsp;value is a digit, and switches the right hand value from "no event"&nbsp; to "draw event" and son on,.. but I can't&nbsp;understand what the left hand digit is exactly used for. I want the m...

I have a very frustrating problem. I have a situation that works fine on some computers, but not on others. I have SQL Server Express 2005 and Access 2003 loaded on 4 computers. I have set up a "Linked Server" in SQL Server linked to my Access database. I am running queries on t-SQL against the Access tables through the linked server. On all of the computers, I can do select queries and they all work great but what I need to do is run Update, Insert, Delete queries as well. On a couple of the computers, it works fine, locally and across the LAN, and a VPN as far as that goes. B...

how to get rid of "today" "yesterday" etc bars in kmail 1.12.4?
Hi: I looked around in the setup of kmail, I googled but for the life of me I can't find any way to get rid of the superfluous and molesting bars which devide my message list into "today", "yesterday", "last week", "NAME OF MONTH". etc [rant] I am able to read the dates and sort against the dates column - yessir! I don't want such "Outlook-Mania for dummies". Oh wait! Maybe it's not for dummies - 'cause dummies aren't able to get rid of it. [rant] And yes, I would like to stay with kmail. Kind regards, Eike -- "T...

Accessing "Page Order" and "Print on Both Sides" properties in Printer Common Dialog box
Dear VB Experts, We are working in VB6 and also using FarPoint Spread control. While sending print from the application, printer common dialog box is first displayed allowing the user to define/set print properties. Is there a way through which we can access "Page Order" and "Print on Both Sides" properties of printer dialog box, like other properties e.g. Orientation, flags etc. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks & Regards, Faiz "Faiz" <its_faiz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2d4fafba.0411180522.247737c4@posting.google.com... > De...

command line equivalent for GUI accessed "page setup", "render color" etc...
R 14 SP3 I am looking for documentation on how to set certain figure properties from the command line. I am currently using the GUI interface to set a bunch of parameters and would like to automate into my code. I tried setting everything up how I want and then Generate M file. This does not apply GUI applied properties to the code. Specific properties I am trying to acces include 1) file -> page setup -> lines and text -> color(don't convert) 2) file -> page setup -> Axes and Figure -> Keep Screen Background Color 3) file -> export setup -> Rendering -> uncheck Custom Color and leave blank 4) file -> export setup -> resolution (dpi) -> 300 5) file -> export setup -> Export -> as filename.jpg Can someone help out, or point me in the right direction? Thanks! See "Changing a Figure's Settings" in the Printing and Exporting section of the MATLAB documentation (you can also use the search feature of the documentation to find this topic) -- Richard Quist Software Developer The MathWorks, Inc. <frank.urban@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139425527.523294.307670@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >R 14 SP3 > > I am looking for documentation on how to set certain figure properties > from the command line. I am currently using the GUI interface to set a > bunch of parameters and would like to automate into my code. I tried > setting everything up how I want and then G...

Can't Add "Mode" to Quick Access Toolbar in MS-Access 2007
I keep selecting and selecting, but it just doesn't show up. I also have no button in the ribbon for this, or any ability to get into other modes via the Office button. It's very frustrating; I had to search online for a keyboard shortcut to be able to access Design Mode at all. I'm sure there is something I'm missing, but it doesn't make sense. I can add and remove other buttons from the toolbar, why not Mode?? On Jun 19, 10:10=A0am, Heather <mywor...@hotmail.com> wrote: > I keep selecting and selecting, but it just doesn't show up. I also > have no button in the ribbon for this, or any ability to get into > other modes via the Office button. It's very frustrating; I had to > search online for a keyboard shortcut to be able to access Design Mode > at all. > > I'm sure there is something I'm missing, but it doesn't make sense. I > can add and remove other buttons from the toolbar, why not Mode?? I still don't get it, but this appears to only be the case when I'm using a database that was created in an earlier version of Access. When I start a new 2007 database, I have full functionality. ...

[News] Company Gets a Monpoly on "Hotspot Access", System Going Out of Control

Can I get "My Document", "Desktop" and "Favourite" folder dynamically?
In difference language of Windows, they have difference name, can I get them dynamically from java? Any API can do this? carfield@gmail.com wrote: > In difference language of Windows, they have difference name, can I get > them dynamically from java? Any API can do this? > I just now it from "My Documents". This is the System Property "user.home". Because i am using Linux with the "windowmaker" Desktop, I have no Idea, what the other two ("Desktop", and "Favourite") could mean. Probably theese two are MsWindows specific ?? Phil...

WHERE did Joseph Smith get the terms "Mormon" and "Moroni" and "Cumorah" from???
Nick thinks he is a historian, and has his own kooky Victor von Frankenstein interpretation of how The Mormons holy "book of mormon" came into being. He is the only one in the world who thinks that Joseph smith actually had gold plates that were smuggled to the americas where he then translated them giving a coded history of Europe. Mormons including their founding prophet think Joe's supposed gold plates, which he said an angel gave to him, detailed a history of american indians. No one other than mormons believe that nonsense, but nick has a theory that only he can be stupid...

restrict "lsvg", "lslv" access
Hi all ! Is there any way to restrict "lsvg" and "lslv" to root only? Thanks for any help in advance Regards <tomapam@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1112078549.207400.308180@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi all ! > > > Is there any way to restrict "lsvg" and "lslv" to root only? > > Thanks for any help in advance > > Regards > chmod ... ...

only get data from "today" until "yesterday"
Hi, I will get only the code from the date "today" (should be displayed) until "yesterday" (shouldn't be displayed) This is the source code (all in ONE line): Quote: ......muchHTMLcodeBefore...TR><TD ALIGN="RIGHT" class=bcText> 01/27/04</TD><TD ALIGN="RIGHT" class=bcText> 1154.25</TD><TD ALIGN="RIGHT" class=bcText> 1154.75</TD><TD ALIGN="RIGHT" class=bcText> 1151.00</TD><TD ALIGN="RIGHT" class=bcText> 1151.50</TD><TD ALIGN="RIGHT" class=bcTextRed> -2.75</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="100%" BORDER=0 CELLPADDING=2 CELLSPACING=1><TR><TD WIDTH="16.6666666666667%" ALIGN="RIGHT" class=bcText>01/26/04</TD...and so on (all in one line) I can regexp the html code with: [regsub -all {<[^>]*>} $line {} line] But how can I get only the data from the actual date (here 01/27/04) to yesterday (here 01/26/04). Thanks! Not sure what you ask, but regexp {.*?(01/26/04.*?)01/27/04} $line dummy stuff might give you what you're looking for in $staff hth Ronnie jagg wrote: > Hi, > > I will get only the code from the date "today" (should be displayed) > until "yesterday" (shouldn't be displayed) > > This is the source code (all in ONE line): > Quote: > .....muchHTMLcodeBefore...TR><TD ALIGN=&...

how can i get "mosy" and "postmosy"
I'm attempting to compile a very old software package. The makefile requires "mosy" and "postmosy", which appear to be SNMP utilities. But I can't find them on Internet, how can i get these tools? Can you help me ? Thanks a lot! mosy and postmosy should be utilities of the SNMP Emanate SDK framework. Giampiero. wsfd311@gmail.com ha scritto: > I'm attempting to compile a very old software package. The makefile > requires "mosy" and "postmosy", which appear to be SNMP utilities. > But I can't find them on Internet, ...

How to get rid of "Please select the operating system to start", conflicts with Drive Image
My computer has one 80 gig hard drive, with 2 partitions. The C:\ drive has 10 gigs and has the operating system on it (Windows XP Pro), and the rest of the drive's space is on D:/ My computer began having errors a few weeks ago, so I contacted the guy who I bought the computer from, to fix it. He reinstalled Windows, and all seemed to go well. But it turns out that he simply installed a 2nd copy of Windows on drive D:\ and also left the original install of Windows with the errors on it on drive C:\ So I contacted a friend who knows computers and told him the situation, and...

g77/f77 flags to get rid of "Type disagreement" and "Invalid specifier in FORMAT" for ancient fortran code
Hi, I'm trying to compile a piece of ancient FORTRAN code on Linux, with g77 and f77, they complained about "Type disagreement" and "Invalid specifier in FORMAT": ------------------------------------- ACTB = ' ' 1 2 Type disagreement between expressions at (1) and (2) 21 FORMAT(4F10.0,8I,3F) ^ Invalid I specifier in FORMAT statement at (^) -- correct form: [r]Iw.[m] 21 FORMAT(4F10.0,8I,3F) ^ Invalid F specifier in FORMAT statement at (^) -- correct form: [r]...

get rid of the "+" on index?
I like to flag messages as "important" so I can quickly look back at a select few. It's nice that a "*" appears in the far-left column so I can see "important" messages at a glance. However, it's difficult to distinguish at a glance between the "*" (meaning "important") and the "+" (meaning "sent directly to me, rather than CC'd."), at least in my terminal's font. I don't give a hoot about which messages were sent directly to me, as opposed to CC'd, so I'd like to get rid of that stupid "+&q...

How to get rid of "Table " ?
Hi, I am using Latex to draw tables. I am using caption to label the tables, but I don't want "Table 1:" prefixed to the captions to show. Is there any way to get rid of this "Table 1:", "Table 2:" etc? Thanks. -- Surendra Singhi www.public.asu.edu/~sksinghi Surendra Singhi wrote: > Hi, > I am using Latex to draw tables. I am using caption to label the > tables, but I don't want "Table 1:" prefixed to the captions to show. > > Is there any way to get rid of this "Table 1:", "Table 2:" etc? > put \usepackage[labelformat=empty,labelsep=none]{caption} in your preable HTH Michiel ...

How to get rid of "blinking"?
What resolution should I render with so tiny lights (that are supposed to be on steady) do not "blink" and flicker when viewed on a VHS tape? The flicker occurs only when they move, suggesting an incompatibility between my render resolution and my television's resolution. Badger ...

What is the largest "auto number" that can exist in an Access database? How to reset autonumber to start at 1?
Hi: I know this is a strange question, but I have inherited a system where files are copied and records re auto numbered (as an index field) )frequently, and I am wondering how high the number can go without the system crashing. An ancillary question is how one resets an auto number so that the sequence starts again at 1. In the case of this file, the auto number field serves no useful purpose except as an index, and identifier of a unique record, so no problem with renumbering the records provided one does not try and create two identical numbers (in which case the system throws up all over you!). Regards John Baker Maximum size for an autonumber is 2,147,483,647 and the smallest it can be is -2,147,483,648. One way to reset it back to zero is to delete all records in the table and then compact the database. Jeff "John Baker" <Baker.JH@Verizon.net> wrote in message news:i68mi0h5sie5afa4kehcvdookl5kcbd33s@4ax.com... > Hi: > > I know this is a strange question, but I have inherited a system where files are copied > and records re auto numbered (as an index field) )frequently, and I am wondering how high > the number can go without the system crashing. > > An ancillary question is how one resets an auto number so that the sequence starts again > at 1. > > In the case of this file, the auto number field serves no useful purpose except as an > index, and identifier of a unique record, so no problem with renumbering the...

Installing Python 2.3.5
Hi there - when attempting to install Python 2.3.5, I receive the following message -- "You do not have access to make the required system configuration modifications." Please rerun this installation from an administrators account. I am running Windows XP in administrator mode, and have installed versions 4 & 5 with no problems today. What could be hanging this older versions installation up? ...

g77/f77 flags to get rid of "Type disagreement" and "Invalid specifier in FORMAT" for ancient fortran code #2
Hi, I'm trying to compile a piece of ancient FORTRAN code on Linux, with g77 and f77, they complained about "Type disagreement" and "Invalid specifier in FORMAT": ------------------------------------- ACTB = ' ' 1 2 Type disagreement between expressions at (1) and (2) 21 FORMAT(4F10.0,8I,3F) ^ Invalid I specifier in FORMAT statement at (^) -- correct form: [r]Iw.[m] 21 FORMAT(4F10.0,8I,3F) ^ Invalid F specifier in FORMAT statement at (^) -- correct form: [r]Fw...

"dconj, variable subsititution""how to get numerical value"instead of "dconj"function
dear sir ..if i am doing diff and variable value substitution like... for example >> syms x >> e=sin(x) >> p=diff(e,x,1) p =cos(x) >> subs(p,x,0) ans = 1 i am doing simple trigonometric function answer is coming...but if >>s1=4.15; >>s2=1.05; syms x ; %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%' a12=(-i)* ( (s1+s2)/( sqrt(((s1+s2)^2+x^2)) ) )*sin(sqrt( s1^2+( (s1*x)/(s1+s2) )^2 )) a21=(a12) t1=sqrt( s1^2+( (s1*x)/(s1+s2) )^2 ) t2=sqrt( s2^2+( (s2*x)/(s1+s2) )^2 ) u= (x/(sqrt( ((s1+s2)^2+x^2) ))) b12=(-i)* ( (s1+s2)/( ...

Web resources about - Getting rid of the "Getting Started with Access" page - comp.databases.ms-access