having problems with access 2010 and any database

None of the people can open a database without errors.
I tried some old 2003 and 2007 databases and they won't run if they
have ANY code behind it.
The IT says we just installed it, it must be corrupt code or something
NOTHING we did.

I can open a database by holding down shift and it works but nothing
else works.

is this a setting in 2010 or what is causing this?

0
twwhopper (2)

Did you check the references?

--
Danny Lesandrini
www.lesandrini.com/datafast/

"sparks"  wrote in message news:93dat75osatala5r4bi9efhe09q5c258of@4ax.com...

None of the people can open a database without errors.
I tried some old 2003 and 2007 databases and they won't run if they
have ANY code behind it.
The IT says we just installed it, it must be corrupt code or something
NOTHING we did.

I can open a database by holding down shift and it works but nothing
else works.

is this a setting in 2010 or what is causing this?
0
danny1454 (19)
6/11/2012 2:23:54 AM
Make sure that the yellow bar asking for permission to allow code to run in
the database isn't showing. Often people will overlook that, and then no
code an run.

If that's the case, you can turn that off in the Trust Center.

"sparks" <twwhopper@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> None of the people can open a database without errors.
> I tried some old 2003 and 2007 databases and they won't run if they
> have ANY code behind it.
> The IT says we just installed it, it must be corrupt code or something
> NOTHING we did.
>
> I can open a database by holding down shift and it works but nothing
> else works.
>
> is this a setting in 2010 or what is causing this?

0
newsgroup766 (170)
6/11/2012 5:31:35 AM
Le 11/06/2012 01:59, sparks a �crit :
> None of the people can open a database without errors.
> I tried some old 2003 and 2007 databases and they won't run if they
> have ANY code behind it.
> The IT says we just installed it, it must be corrupt code or something
> NOTHING we did.
>
> I can open a database by holding down shift and it works but nothing
> else works.
>
> is this a setting in 2010 or what is causing this?

If you get a 64 bits machine and use API, you have to change all the
declarations.

See there :

<http://www.jkp-ads.com/articles/apideclarations.asp>

(Sorry for my very bad english.)

--
kd

0
kduc (14)
6/11/2012 5:57:40 AM
Le 11/06/2012 07:57, kduc a �t� incomplet :

If you get a 64 bits machine (therefore a 64b version of office) and
use API, you have to change all the
declarations.

--
kd

0
kduc (14)
6/11/2012 6:25:04 AM
trust center is set to low, and same thing.
I checked and they are using 64bit version of windows 7
and office 2010
Not sure what to do since IT says they don't know
Typical

On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 08:25:04 +0200, kduc <kduc@huit.invalid> wrote:

>Le 11/06/2012 07:57, kduc a été incomplet :
>
>If you get a 64 bits machine (therefore a 64b version of office) and
>use API, you have to change all the
>declarations.
0
sparks (85)
6/11/2012 2:44:32 PM
On Jun 11, 9:44=A0am, sparks <spa...@home.com> wrote:
> trust center is set to low, and same thing.
> I checked and they are using 64bit version of windows 7
> and office 2010
> Not sure what to do since IT says they don't know
> Typical
>

> On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 08:25:04 +0200, kduc <k...@huit.invalid> wrote:
> >Le 11/06/2012 07:57, kduc a =E9t=E9 incomplet :
>
> >If you get a 64 bits machine (therefore a 64b version of office) and
> >use API, you have to change all the
> >declarations.- Hide quoted text -

I had a similar problem a couple of months ago.  I'd modify code,
close the db, reopen it to no code.  In one help topic from MS
regarding disappearing code it recommended doing a /decompile on the
db.  I did so and that corrected it...for me.

I had them all look and they have 64bit os and 32 bit office 2010.
The code is there and they can run all of the databases if they hold
down shift while opening.

if no shift, the database opens and they click switchboard selection.
the form opens fine   (switchboard is still open in the background for
some reason) and when they try to use something with code attached it
does not work or does not work correctly and the switchboard pops to
the front.

man this is weird

On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 08:19:11 -0700 (PDT), Patrick Finucane
<patrickfinucanetx@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Jun 11, 9:44 am, sparks <spa...@home.com> wrote:
>> trust center is set to low, and same thing.
>> I checked and they are using 64bit version of windows 7
>> and office 2010
>> Not sure what to do since IT says they don't know
>> Typical
>>

>> On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 08:25:04 +0200, kduc <k...@huit.invalid> wrote:
>> >Le 11/06/2012 07:57, kduc a été incomplet :
>>
>> >If you get a 64 bits machine (therefore a 64b version of office) and
>> >use API, you have to change all the
>> >declarations.- Hide quoted text -

>I had a similar problem a couple of months ago.  I'd modify code,
>close the db, reopen it to no code.  In one help topic from MS
>regarding disappearing code it recommended doing a /decompile on the
>db.  I did so and that corrected it...for me.
0
sparks (85)
6/11/2012 3:57:20 PM
WELL this was something new.
I just opened an old 2003 database with access 2003 and none of the
code will run in it either.
It worked fine friday when this stuff started to happen in 2010

On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 10:57:20 -0500, sparks <sparks@home.com> wrote:

>I had them all look and they have 64bit os and 32 bit office 2010.
>The code is there and they can run all of the databases if they hold
>down shift while opening.
>
>if no shift, the database opens and they click switchboard selection.
>the form opens fine   (switchboard is still open in the background for
>some reason) and when they try to use something with code attached it
>does not work or does not work correctly and the switchboard pops to
>the front.
>
>man this is weird
>

>On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 08:19:11 -0700 (PDT), Patrick Finucane
><patrickfinucanetx@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Jun 11, 9:44 am, sparks <spa...@home.com> wrote:
>>> trust center is set to low, and same thing.
>>> I checked and they are using 64bit version of windows 7
>>> and office 2010
>>> Not sure what to do since IT says they don't know
>>> Typical

>>I had a similar problem a couple of months ago.  I'd modify code,
>>close the db, reopen it to no code.  In one help topic from MS
>>regarding disappearing code it recommended doing a /decompile on the
>>db.  I did so and that corrected it...for me.
0
sparks (85)
6/11/2012 6:04:18 PM
Le 11/06/2012 20:04, sparks a écrit :
> WELL this was something new.
> I just opened an old 2003 database with access 2003 and none of the
> code will run in it either.
> It worked fine friday when this stuff started to happen in 2010

Sorry. Whithout the database under my eyes, I can nothing for you.
Good luck !

--
kd

0
kduc (14)
6/11/2012 8:26:53 PM
I might have missed some replies, but did you check the References?

Ctl+G to open code window, then choose References from Tools menu.
Look for the word MISSING  in front of a reference.
--

"sparks"  wrote in message news:6ncct7linjufi89ua68sb1ceikvg1st8gv@4ax.com...

WELL this was something new.
I just opened an old 2003 database with access 2003 and none of the
code will run in it either.
It worked fine friday when this stuff started to happen in 2010

On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 10:57:20 -0500, sparks <sparks@home.com> wrote:

>I had them all look and they have 64bit os and 32 bit office 2010.
>The code is there and they can run all of the databases if they hold
>down shift while opening.
>
>if no shift, the database opens and they click switchboard selection.
>the form opens fine   (switchboard is still open in the background for
>some reason) and when they try to use something with code attached it
>does not work or does not work correctly and the switchboard pops to
>the front.
>
>man this is weird
>

>On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 08:19:11 -0700 (PDT), Patrick Finucane
><patrickfinucanetx@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Jun 11, 9:44 am, sparks <spa...@home.com> wrote:
>>> trust center is set to low, and same thing.
>>> I checked and they are using 64bit version of windows 7
>>> and office 2010
>>> Not sure what to do since IT says they don't know
>>> Typical

>>I had a similar problem a couple of months ago.  I'd modify code,
>>close the db, reopen it to no code.  In one help topic from MS
>>regarding disappearing code it recommended doing a /decompile on the
>>db.  I did so and that corrected it...for me.

0
danny1454 (19)
6/12/2012 2:40:22 PM
nothing missing.

here is the update on this problem.
IF you remove/disable the switchboard they work fine.
For testing we removed a switchboard and everything worked.
I then opened up the switchboard manager and had it add a switchboard.
had one button to the main form.
no code would work in the database.

On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 07:40:22 -0700, "Danny J. Lesandrini"
<danny@lesandrini.com> wrote:

>I might have missed some replies, but did you check the References?
>
>Ctl+G to open code window, then choose References from Tools menu.
>Look for the word MISSING  in front of a reference.
0
sparks (85)
6/13/2012 3:34:40 PM
Wanted to add one more thing.
this is not just 2010

we tried databases that were 10 years old access 2000/2003 databases
opened them with access 2003 and 2007
again we  see the same thing.

<danny@lesandrini.com> wrote:

>I might have missed some replies, but did you check the References?
>
>Ctl+G to open code window, then choose References from Tools menu.
>Look for the word MISSING  in front of a reference.
0
sparks (85)

Nice video on Publishing Access 2010 database to Sharepoint 2010 Access services
http://channel9.msdn.com/learn/courses/Office2010/OfficeServicesUnit/DevelopingWithAccessServices/ Thanks for posting Bob. I'm not sure he enhanced his case by arguing that the problem with Access is when a second user tries to access the same data. Simplified to the point of inaccuracy. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Bob Alston" <bobalston9@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:CJVSm.17263$y%5.1718@newsfe03.iad... > http://channel9.msdn.com/learn/courses/Office2010/OfficeServicesUnit/DevelopingWithAccessServices/ ...

Problem with MS Access Database
------=_NextPart_000_0038_01C56A17.539605A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, I'm using wxWidgets now a long time for designig my applications. This weekend I tried first to use the Database classes, but I've got a problem with them... I've got an Microsoft Access Datenbase, with two tables: Orte(ID, Staat, Name, and so on) PLZOrte(ID, PLZ) This tables are set into a relationship. The field ID ist the primary key in Orte and set up the relation. Now I'd like to do a query to this database in my...

Convert Access 2003 database file to Access 2010
How do you convert a Access 2002-2003 database file to a Access 2010 file format? According to Microsoft (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/ convert-a-database-to-the-accdb-file-format-HA010341552.aspx? queryid=34ea405f95aa4cb8b8ffb2764afb4993&respos=0&CTT=1) it is possible. When I tried this on the file tab it only displays the print options only. How can I get the save, save & publish, and other commands to display? My 2002-2003 Access database file has 3 tables, 19 queries, 5 forms, and 16 reports. After I open the file up it gives the "Security Warning: Soame active content has been disabled. Click for more details." then there is a button "Enable Content". Before and after I click the "Enable Button" the file tab only has print options available. Thank you for your help, jfcby jfcby <jamesfc30@gmail.com> wrote in news:f4dc9993-afa3-4fed-8180-22786eaa7f83@l14g2000yql.googlegroups.co m: > How do you convert a Access 2002-2003 database file to a Access > 2010 file format? > > According to Microsoft > (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/ > convert-a-database-to-the-accdb-file-format-HA010341552.aspx? > queryid=34ea405f95aa4cb8b8ffb2764afb4993&respos=0&CTT=1) it is > possible. When I tried this on the file tab it only displays the > print options only. > > How can I get the save, save & publish, and other commands to > display? ...

Restricting User Access In Access 2010 Sharepoint With Hydrated Database
I am starting to use Access 2010 publishing to Sharepoint to allow users to use hydrated accdw database copies on laptops. They can run the apps disconnected from the internet and when they open the app and are connected to the internet, they can log in and sync both directions. I am using an Office 365 P1 account and will share the database with about 10-12 users in multiple countries. Several questions: 1) I only want the users to utilize the accdw application and not directly use the tables shown in Sharepoint. Is there any Sharepoint restrictions I can implement to restrict the users ability to directly use the tables shown on the Sharepoint web site? 2) I wish the accdw would function more as an MDE where the user cannot change things. I know I can start the database without the object interface being available. I can likely use the same capability to disable the use of the left shift key when opening. a) can I also revise the ribbon to omit the edit and design commands? b) other ways to lock down the accdw to make the user only have the ability to access the data via the application itself and not be able to change the code? 3) I know how to invite users to have access to the Sharepoint site a) Is it better to email the accdw as an attachment rather than introduce the user to the web site and give detailed instructions to download the accdw? It would seem so and also not introducing them to the web interface. b) Is th...

Accessing Access database files
Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access database? I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run it because all my computers run Linux. -- martin@ | Martin Gregorie gregorie. | Essex, UK org | On 7/1/2014 9:28 AM, Martin Gregorie wrote: > Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java > program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access > database? > > I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table > contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run > it because all my computers run Linux. I haven't tried this myself, but Stack Overflow says: "You can use JDBC-ODBC bridge by calling: Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver") Then you can use JDBC database URL in form: jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=c:\\Nwind.mdb or if you configure your database in ODBC manager you can use its alias: jdbc:odbc:northwind " You might need an older copy of the JDK because the driver was removed in JDK 8. You can find drivers in a couple of places: http://jackcess.sourceforge.net/ http://ucanaccess.sourceforge.net/site.html On Tue, 01 Jul 2014 09:55:30 -...

problem accessing access 97 database through odbc on windows 2003 sp1
Hello, We have a legacy application which relies on an Access 97 database (upgrading is nog an option atm). As we are setting up a new server (Windows 2003), we started experiencing problems running that application after installing all required updates (Windows, Office, ..) It did work before updating, with a basic OS + application installation. Somewhere an update dit break things, but we do not know which one. Now for the problem. When starting the application, following error is returned: --------------------------- ODBC Microsoft Access Driver Login Failed ---------------------------...

Open the previous version database in ms-access 2010
Hi all, When I try to open the previous version database in Ms-Access 2010 is not working. Please help me and solve my problem. Naushad "Naushad" <nhaider@kockw.com> wrote in message news:715ed09d-a319-457b-8cfb-0d48fa7ef63b@t5g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > When I try to open the previous version database in Ms-Access 2010 > is not working. Please help me and solve my problem. If you still have a copy of your old version of Access, use it to follow these steps: http://allenbrowne.com/recover.html Then try opening the database with A2010 again. -- Allen...

MS Access databases
Hello, I have been trying to read a simple MSAccess database and show the records on screen but no success so far. I have created a DSN (Data Source Name) in my Win 2k box and the connection goes ok. But when I try to return a ResultSet using a simple SELECT statement, ("SELECT * FROM MyTable") no records appear. Database is Ok. It is a very simple table. I don't get *any* error message but also no records from it. Is there anything special I need to do for accessing it? Does anybody have a simple code for accessing MSAccess databases? (From DSN creation till sample code) Thanks in Advance. Java Newbie. import java.sql.*; public class DataBase { public static void main(String[] args) { String data = "jdbc:odbc:YahooAddrBook"; // data base friendly nam try { Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection( data, "", ""); Statement st = conn.createStatement(); String q = "SELECT * " + "FROM yahoo_ab " + // table name "WHERE (\"Last Name\" LIKE '"+ args[0]+"') "+ "ORDER BY (\"First Name\")"; System.out.println(q); ResultSet rec = st.executeQuery(q); while(re...

MS Access database
A client of mine has another 3rd party program which uses MS Access database. They want my to create an additional program which is to read this data. My problem is that the database has a password on it. I know there are cracks available at a cost of USD$45.00+. Does anybody have a free crack to retrieve the database password? Would this be unethical or be a copyright of reverse engineering violation? The data is owned by the client so I recon is would be fine to read the data! Regards, Lance It's your data. As long as you don't sell it or use their data in any software that you...

MS Access Database
Interested profiles should be delivered at versatilehr.farook@gmail.com Title: MS Access Database Location-NC Duration-3 months Skills & Experience: MS Access Database experience: Must understand and have experience developing MS Access applications. =95 SQL experience =95 ODBC =95 Importing and exporting excel spreadsheets to and from Access DB =95 Forms development =95 working with DB objects =95 Creating New Databases The Relational Model of Data Storage Creating Relational Database Tables Assigning a Primary Key to a Table =95 Joining tables in Database =95 Queries and Advanced Queries using conditions =95 Macros =95 Reporting =95 Using Datasheets =95 Customizing tool bars Farook Ahmed On 19 May, 19:15, Farook Ahmed <farook.versatil...@gmail.com> wrote: > Interested profiles should be delivered at > versatilehr.far...@gmail.com > > Title: MS Access Database > Location-NC > Duration-3 months > > Skills & Experience: > MS Access Database experience: Must understand and have experience > developing MS Access applications. > =95 SQL experience > =95 ODBC > =95 Importing and exporting excel spreadsheets to and from Access DB > =95 Forms development > =95 working with DB objects > =95 Creating New Databases > =A0The Relational Model of Data Storage > Creating Relational Database Tables > Assigning a Primary Key to a Table > =95 Joining tables in Database > =95 Queries and Advanced Queries using c...

MS Access Database
Hi, I am working on a database to keep track all the caller's info in the database. For example: After the user entered a caller's information in the database, and when that same caller called back again the second time and then some of their information and also the client id automatically appeared on the screen so that the user don't need to retype them again. I want to keep track of each record as new records. The Id and first name will be the same. When I run a report I can link them all together and knowing that this person had called in twice! Any suggesti...

Opening access database for exclusive access
hi Folks, I am opening my access database file (Access 2003) from a C# application. The connection string specifies mode=Share Exclusive The intent is that the application have exclusive access to the database file. No other instance of MS Access or this particular C# application (or any other app) should be able to open the access database file concurrently. however it seems that this is not happening. A second instance of my program run from another computer under another LAN user id can successfully open a connection to the database using the same connection string, specifying Share E...