Hiding Access Main Form/tables/queries/forms/etc - Access 97

Thank you in advance for any and all assistance.

Is there a way to hide the Main Access window with tables, queries, forms
etc programmatically?

Michael

0
pmbragg (54)

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 17:17:16 -0600, "PMBragg" <pmbragg@megavision.com>
wrote:

>Thank you in advance for any and all assistance.
>
>Is there a way to hide the Main Access window with tables, queries, forms
>etc programmatically?

Yes. Take a look here for some API code that will manipulate the
Access window.

http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0019.htm

- Jim
0
jimNOT (160)
1/18/2004 3:55:37 AM
Another way, with probably less control than the programmatic method(s):
With the focus on the database window, click Tools - Startup.  Uncheck the
box "Display Database Window".  It will be hidden when the database opens.
Can be made visible via Window - Unhide.

To open with the database window visible (and all other non-default startup
options ignored), hold down the Shift key while opening the database via any
usual method.

Bruce Pick

"PMBragg" <pmbragg@megavision.com> wrote in message
> Thank you in advance for any and all assistance.
>
> Is there a way to hide the Main Access window with tables, queries, forms
> etc programmatically?
>
> Michael

0
brucepick1 (25)
1/18/2004 4:24:20 AM
On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 03:55:37 GMT, JimNOT@NOTdatacentricsolutions.com
(Jim Allensworth) wrote:

>On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 17:17:16 -0600, "PMBragg" <pmbragg@megavision.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Thank you in advance for any and all assistance.
>>
>>Is there a way to hide the Main Access window with tables, queries, forms
>>etc programmatically?
>>
>Yes. Take a look here for some API code that will manipulate the
>Access window.
>
>http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0019.htm

Or, if it is just the database window you want to hide, this was
posted by John Mishefske...

Public Sub hideDBwindow()
     DoCmd.SelectObject acTable, , True
     DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowHide
End Sub

Public Sub showDBwindow()
     DoCmd.SelectObject acTable, , True
End Sub

- Jim
0
jimNOT (160)
1/18/2004 4:25:00 AM
(Jim Allensworth) wrote:

>On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 17:17:16 -0600, "PMBragg" <pmbragg@megavision.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Thank you in advance for any and all assistance.
>>
>>Is there a way to hide the Main Access window with tables, queries, forms
>>etc programmatically?
>>
>Yes. Take a look here for some API code that will manipulate the
>Access window.
>
>http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0019.htm

I suspect Jim misunderstood your request.  It appears you're asking
how to hide the DATABASE Command window on the Access desktop.  If so,
just call this procedure from the close event of your title form (or
any other appropriate place in your app:

Public Sub HideDBwindow()
On Error GoTo HandleErr

     DoCmd.SelectObject acTable, , True
     DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowHide

ExitHere:
  Exit Sub

HandleErr:
  Select Case Err.Number
    Case Else
      MsgBox "Error " & Err.Number & ": " & Err.Description,
vbCritical, "basLMS.HideDBwindow"
  End Select
End Sub

0
LaurenW
1/18/2004 4:32:59 AM
> To open with the database window visible (and all other non-default
startup
> options ignored), hold down the Shift key while opening the database via
any
> usual method.

Or press F11 after the database has been opened

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 11:50:50 +0000 (UTC), "Alan Paterson"
<alan.paterson15NOSPAM@btopenworld.com> wrote:

>> To open with the database window visible (and all other non-default
>startup
>> options ignored), hold down the Shift key while opening the database via
>any
>> usual method.
>
>Or press F11 after the database has been opened

I have proven this does not always work - especially when you run an
A2K app on A3K (which ought to be called a bug).  As far as I can
tell, coding in the close event of your title screen is the only way
to ensure that the DB window is not available to the user.
0
LaurenW

Query By Form Using Same Sub Form and Main Form
Having problems displaying query results from combo boxes on a sub form, which is on the same form that is used to select criteria. This has always worked form me when displaying query results on another main and sub form. The requery on the sub form and refresh comands on the main form do not work when the form is first displayed and when the selection criteria is changed. Should I be doing a refresh and then repaint of the sub form. > ' Creates saved query in the database container for the sub form Call BuildSql("") ' The following commented line correctly displays query results on a seperate sub form that has the results from the criteria selected on the form currently in use. 'Docmd.OpenForm "MainFormSeachResults ' The following two lines attempt to display the results on a sub form which is on the same form where the criteria is selected: Me.frmSubFormResults.Requery Me.Refresh < Hi Tom, I often use an unbound main form to collect criteria, then show the results in a datasheet-style subform. I create the SQL string using code, and then use that string as the Recordsource for the subform directly (no need to save it as as query in the the database container) As an added bonus, the subform refreshes automatically ... no need to "Refresh" or "Repaint" anything. Here's some sample code to illustrate: - lstFieldNames is a listbox containing field names ... which is one of the choices in the listbox&#...

Delphi 5 modal form hides behind main form
Using a D5 application, there is an sporadic problem where a modal form gets hidden behind the application main form and subsequently the modal form cannot be seen. The program appears to hang. This normally happens when another process in the application takes too long to porecess. Is there a way to preven this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Carla Op Fri, 28 Dec 2007 10:05:17 -0800 (PST) schreef carlach <carlach@bellsouth.net>: >Using a D5 application, there is an sporadic problem where a modal >form gets hidden behind the applicat...

Forms and Form
Hi everyone ! 1) An example from help: "Each Form object has a Controls collection, which contains all controls on the form. You can refer to a control on a form either by implicitly or explicitly referring to the Controls collection. Your code will be faster if you refer to the Controls collection implicitly. The following examples show two of the ways you might refer to a control named NewData on the form called OrderForm: ' Implicit reference. Forms!OrderForm!NewData ' Explicit reference. Forms!OrderForm.Controls!NewData The next two examples show how you might refer to a ...

Forms, reports, queries, etc. missing in database window
I am editting a database created in access 2003 by another programmer. This person has left the company for which the database was created and no documentation. So that I could work on this database at home, I have converted this db to 2000 which is the version I have i have on my computer. The problem is that none of the forms, reports, queries are visible in the database window. The ones that have code could be accessed by going to the vba editor and viewing the object. However none of the other objects are visible. Now i know they are in the project somewhere because I can open the reports, etc while running the program. however I cannot edit them because they are not in the db window. furthermore some tables and queries seem to be hidden. Now even before I converted the db to 2000, this problem was apparent. I just figured i would be able to figure it out. but i have not been successful so far. anyone know how I can find all of the objects in this project and make them available to edit? On 4 Jun 2006 18:06:42 -0700, Max wrote: > I am editting a database created in access 2003 by another programmer. > This person has left the company for which the database was created and > no documentation. So that I could work on this database at home, I > have converted this db to 2000 which is the version I have i have on my > computer. > > The problem is that none of the forms, reports, queries are visible in > the database window. The ones tha...

Object comparison program for tables, queries, forms, modules etc
Anybody know of any totally FREE Access object comparators which will compare the database objects in two databases and show the differences? There are several commercial products that do this. their free trial versions tend to be limited to only a few of the objects. Bob Bob Alston wrote: > Anybody know of any totally FREE Access object comparators which will > compare the database objects in two databases and show the differences? > There are several commercial products that do this. their free trial > versions tend to be limited to only a few of the objects. There was an Access program in the magazine _Access, VB, Office Advisor_ a few years ago. Perhaps you can get it from their archives. http://advisor.com/ -- MGFoster:::mgf00 <at> earthlink <decimal-point> net Oakland, CA (USA) ...

Forms, reports, queries, etc. missing in database window #2
I am editting a database created in access 2003 by another programmer. This person has left the company for which the database was created and no documentation. So that I could work on this database at home, I have converted this db to 2000 which is the version I have i have on my computer. The problem is that none of the forms, reports, queries are visible in the database window. The ones that have code could be accessed by going to the vba editor and viewing the object. However none of the other objects are visible. Now i know they are in the project somewhere because I can open the reports, etc while running the program. however I cannot edit them because they are not in the db window. furthermore some tables and queries seem to be hidden. Now even before I converted the db to 2000, this problem was apparent. I just figured i would be able to figure it out. but i have not been successful so far. anyone know how I can find all of the objects in this project and make them available to edit? Hi, Unsure of the exact wording but have you tried going Tools > Options > Show hidden Objects on the view tab? This should then show all tables/forms/queries etc. Hope this helps. Jon Max wrote: >I am editting a database created in access 2003 by another programmer. >This person has left the company for which the database was created and >no documentation. So that I could work on this database at home, I >have converted this db to 2000 which is the ver...

focus from main form to sub form
Hi, I have a combobox who's values change the recordsource of the form. Within this form, there is a subform, whos records also need to change pending the value in the combobox. I am able to get the main forms values to change, but not the subform. I've only been using Access 97 for about a month now, so it might be fairly simple. Here is my code: Private Sub combo1_Change() If Me.combo1.Value = "Standard Procedures" Then Me.RecordSource = "tbl_stdProc" ElseIf Me.combo1.Value = "Policy" Then Me.RecordSource = "tbl_policy" ElseIf Me.combo1.Value = "Process Description" Then Me.RecordSource = "tbl_ProcDesc" ElseIf Me.combo1.Value = "Program Description" Then Me.RecordSource = "tbl_ProgDesc" ElseIf Me.combo1.Value = "Training Program" Then Me.RecordSource = "tbl_TrainProg" ElseIf Me.combo1.Value = "Qualification" Then Me.RecordSource = "tbl_Qual" ElseIf Me.combo1.Value = "Standard / Specification" Then Me.RecordSource = "tbl_StdSpec" End If ' Everything up to this point works fine. The problem starts below Me![frm_Type_sub].SetFocus If Me.combo1.Value = "Standard Procedures" Then Me.RecordSource = "tbl_stdProc_sub" ElseIf Me.combo1.Value = "Policy" Then Me.RecordSource = "tb...

Linking Pop up form to Main form
I have a main form with a combo box where if a specific customer is selected a popup form opens and additional information required for this customer is entered into the form. Data from the main form and popup form is stored in the same table. I have a field called certification that I would like to use to link the forms. Greetings, what you need to do is to open the popup form in dialog mode (which is probably already the case). In the popup form you need to add a public property (Get) and assign it the desired value. Note: a form is just a class module except that it has a graphical user interface (GUI - the GUI thing happens way under the hood for Access). In the popup you can create a public property anywhere in the Form's code module (not a standard module or standalone class module). In my sample I am setting a Certification property to a Long datatype. If your Certification is a string, then set the property to String '--code for popup form Public Property Get Certification() As Long Certification = CLng(txtCertification.value) End Property Private Sub cmdOK_Click() Me.Visible = False End Sub In the popup form here I have a textbox called txtCertification. A user enters information here then clicks an OK button (cmdOK) which only hides (Me.Visible = False) the form (don't unload the form - it has to be running so that you can read the value from its property). In the calling form you would call the popup like this: '--code for ma...

Updating a form form another table
I have a form that users enter information into. What I want to do is to update certain fields from another table once they have entered a number in a field. The form is already based on a query as this allows the user to see only the records they entered. What would be the best approach to this? TIA, Cyberwolf I'd probably do something like (and this is just an example that you will need to adapt to your needs) ... dim db as database dim rec as recordset dim var1, var2, var3 as variant set db = currentdb set rec = db.openrecordset ("OtherTable") var1 = me.field1 var2 = me.field2 var3 = me.field3 LUpdate = "UPDATE rec" & _ LUpdate = LUpdate & " set [field1] = var1," & _ LUpdate = LUpdate & " [field2] = var2 " & _ LUpdate = LUpdate & " WHERE [field3] = var3 " db.Execute LUpdate, dbFailOnError Cyberwolf wrote: > I have a form that users enter information into. What I want to do is > to update certain fields from another table once they have entered a > number in a field. The form is already based on a query as this allows > the user to see only the records they entered. What would be the best > approach to this? > > TIA, > > Cyberwolf On 4 Jan 2007 12:10:58 -0800, "ManningFan" <manningfan@gmail.com> wrote: >I'd probably do something like (and this is just an example that you >will need to adapt to your needs) ....

Hide form versus Unload form
I read somewhere that unloading a form is preferred to that of hiding a form. They did not go into any details, but I have used Hide for every occasion. Is there a method/rule/? to follow regarding whether Hide or Unload is used? I know Unload frees up memory, but is it necessary for all cases or only very large ones? If you Unload a form, how do you get information from it? Thank you, Jim Y Jim Y wrote: > I read somewhere that unloading a form is preferred to that of hiding > a form. They did not go into any details, but I have used Hide for > every occasion. Is there a me...

Link Pop up Form to main form
I have a main form and use a combo box to open a pop up form. The combo box lists customers and only one customer requires the fields that are found on the pop up form. I can get the form to pop up however I do not know how to link the pop up form data to the main form record. On Oct 16, 6:54 am, CJONES <craig...@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have a main form and use a combo box to open a pop up form. The > combo box lists customers and only one customer requires the fields > that are found on the pop up form. > > I can get the form to pop up however I do not know how to link the pop > up form data to the main form record. What else does the combo box do? Does it select a record for editing, the majority of whose fields reside on the main form? If that is the case, then you could set the rowsource of the popup form to the rowsource of the main form. Store the rowsource of the main form to a string variable and pass it in the openargs to the popup form. In the pop-up forms' form_load event, assign it to the popup forms' rowsource. On Oct 16, 11:22 am, OldPro <rrossk...@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > On Oct 16, 6:54 am, CJONES <craig...@hotmail.com> wrote: > > > I have a main form and use a combo box to open a pop up form. The > > combo box lists customers and only one customer requires the fields > > that are found on the pop up form. > > > I can get the form to pop up however I do not know how to link t...

Link form another database table into current database
I copy a form from another database into my database. I need help how to i link the table which is in another database with that form. Thank you. In the database with the copied form select File then Get Extrernal Data then Link Tables... When the Link window opens, find the database that contains the table to which you want to link and select it and then select the Link button. Voila. Your form should see the linked table. colleen1980@gmail.com wrote: >I copy a form from another database into my database. I need help how >to i link the table which is in another database with that form. > >Thank you. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Add record to main form table but not Subform table
Hi I have a form/subform set up, with a button to add a new record. I want the button to add the new record to the main form but not add any data to the subform. However, using docmd.gotorec etc appears to do what i want, clearing the data in the mainform and leaving the related data in the subform, but when i look at the table bound to the subform it has added a new record into the table. Any ideas how i can prevent this happening? Thanks Paul ...

Want to search subform but accross all records in main form and return the corresponding record in main form
I'm working on a DB where I have a main form that has customer info and a subform that contains order details related to that specific customer. I have a text box and a command button on the main form that I'd like to be able to use as a search function. What I'm trying to do is search the subform for a purchase order number and have the corresponding customer record brought up in the main form. I'm having some problems because the subform, by nature, is limited to only showing records related to the customer ID that is presented on the main form so I'm not able to search over all customer records. The subform is called "frmOrderDetailsSubform", the text box is "SearchText", and the field on the subform that i'd like to search is "PurchaseOrderNumber". Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. The code I have right now looks like this: Private Sub SearchButton_Click() On Error GoTo Err_SearchButton_Click Dim stSearchText As String Dim PurchaseOrderNumberVar As String 'Check SearchText for value. If IsNull(Me![SearchText]) Or (Me![SearchText]) = "" Then MsgBox "Please enter a value!", vbOKOnly, "Invalid Entry" Me![SearchText].SetFocus Exit Sub End If stSearchText = Me.SearchText Me.frmOrderDetailsSubform.SetFocus DoCmd.FindRecord stSearchText, acAnywhere Exit_SearchButton_Click: Exit Sub Thanks, Matt majalo22...

Forms question
Hi folks, I'm new here and am a neophyte Access 2000 user/developer. A year ago, I barely knew what Access was. I was asked by the people that pay us to begin keeping certain data about the children's crisis program I manage. After a couple of years doing this by hand on paper (Yikes!), I decided that this was ridiculous. Out of neccessity, I had to learn Access and develop a database to track clients and services. So what I know, I've learned from places like this and from the many text books I've picked up. I developed the database and entered almost 3 years of data. We av...

Order of Records in Form Header on Main form
Hi, I cannot understand why the order of records displayed in the Form Header on a Main form display in descending order (that is from most recently entered to first entered record). Is there a way via the Main form properties to change this so that the records display in ascending order (in the order entered, that is, from first record entered to most recent record entered)? These records are entered on a separate Subform (FrmGranteeEntry) and display on FrmGranteeEntry in the order entered. Any ideas? Thanks! John zufie wrote: > Hi, > > I cannot understand why the order of records displayed in the Form > Header on a Main form display in descending order (that is from most > recently entered to first entered record). > > Is there a way via the Main form properties to change this so that the > records display in ascending order (in the order entered, that is, > from first record entered to most recent record entered)? > > These records are entered on a separate Subform (FrmGranteeEntry) and > display on FrmGranteeEntry in the order entered. > > Any ideas? > > Thanks! > > John Is the record source a query and you have it set ordered DESC? You could check by msgbox Me.OrderBy You could use the OrderBy property to set the sort order as well Me.OrderBy = "ID Asc" Me.OrderByOn = True to sort by a field called ID. On Apr 25, 3:52=A0am, Salad <o...@vinegar.com> wrote: > zufie wrote: > >...

Call Function On Main Form to Sub Form
I have a form (frmAppointment) with a subform on it (frmAppointmentsub1). I have placed a command button on the main form which calls the function below from the module. The purpose of this function is to make fields beginning with YY invisble OnClick of the command button on the main form. It works for the fields on the main form but not on the subform. What do I need to add or do to make it work on the subform? Any help would be most appreciated. Thank You TD The command button on the main form event procedure is: Private Sub cmdYY_Click() Dim I As Integer I = glrInvisbleFields(Me) End Sub The module function is: Function glrInvisbleFields(F As Form) Dim I As Integer Dim C As Control Dim X As Variant For I = 0 To F.Count - 1 Set C = F(I) If Left$(C.Name, 2) = "YY" Then C.Visible = False End If Next I End Function this code may help (it assumes that the name of the subform does not start with YY, I have not tested it, but it may work.... Any questions, please ask Function glrInvisbleFields(F As Form) Dim I As Integer Dim C As Control Dim X As Variant Dim Fsub as form Dim Csub as control '---------------------------------------------------- For each C in F If Left$(C.Name, 2) = "YY" Then C.Visible = False else Csub.visible = true If F.DefaultView = 0 Then 'single ...

How to keep a second form on top of the main form
Dear reader, I have two forms, FormMain and FormX. FormX will be open as a popup in front of FormMain. By selection a field in FormMain, FormX drops to the back of FormMain. But now I prefer that FormX will be stay on top of FormMain and FormX has to be scrolled to the record as in FormMain. My first question is how to keep FormX on top of FormMain. My second question is how to synchronise both forms. Thanks for any help. Kind regards, Simon van Beek First answer: set FormX's Pop-Up property to Yes. Second answer: in the Form_Current event of FormMain, write code to set FormX to display the corresponding record in FormMain. Or, if FormX does that automatically when opened, then simply have your code close and reopen FormX. ...

calling a subform from another form(not main form)
Hi, I have a MainForm and a SubForm. I also have a popup form that is opened by a button click on the subform. On that form I want to set the main form and subform. to set mainform you do this: dim f as form f = forms("MainForm") ---this works I don't know how to set the subform though... I tried this: dim sf as subform sf = forms("MainForm!Subform") but this does not work... any help appreciated...using Access 2000. Thanks sorry I had a type up there...the code should be to set mainform you do this: dim f as form set f = forms("MainForm") ---this works I don't know how to set the subform though... I tried this: dim sf as subform set sf = forms("MainForm!Subform") but this does not work... any help appreciated...using Access 2000. Thanks ...

Problem with Totals on Sub Forms and Main Forms
I have an access data project (MS-SQL Svr 2000 backend and MS-Access 2003 Front End) that has a sub-form based on a query view. On the sub form I have several column's in which I have a running total on the sub-form footer. This part works fine. My problem is that the main form, on which the sub-form resides, I want to display the total from the sub-form total calculation. I have tried referencing the control on the sub form, i.e. My.Somecontrol = Forms![formname].[controlname] but this does not work. How do you make this works. Do I have to do something different because this is an access project instead of an mdb? Thanks in advance for any help!! Mike m charney at dunlap hospital dot org Mike: The following KB article may be a good reference. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;209099 -- David Lloyd MCSD .NET http://LemingtonConsulting.com This response is supplied "as is" without any representations or warranties. "Mike" <noway@forgetit.com> wrote in message news:kwO7f.3351$Kv.274@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net... I have an access data project (MS-SQL Svr 2000 backend and MS-Access 2003 Front End) that has a sub-form based on a query view. On the sub form I have several column's in which I have a running total on the sub-form footer. This part works fine. My problem is that the main form, on which the sub-form resides, I want to display the total from the sub-form total calculation. I have tried refer...

Display recordcount of a sub form in a main form
Hi All, I am using A2 for this database. I have a main form with bound fields of FlightNumber and FlightDate I also have a subform. This subform takes details of a passanger along with other details. I also have a textbox called status in subform. When a passanger's details are entered, status value is set to "confirmed", when passanger calls in to reconfirm flight, status value changes to "Reconfirmed", and when passanger calls in to cancell his/hres flight, status value is set to "cancelled". Sometimes, status textbox may also have a value of "Wait Listed". A subform may have 17 to 25 records with different vales in status textbox. Typical situation: 13 records with value of "Reconfirmed" in status textbox 4 records with value of "Confirmed" in status textbox 1 record with value of "Cancelled" in status textbox 2 records with value of "Wait Listed" in status textbox Om my main form I want to have four unbound text box to show the value as follows: Reconfirmed 13 Confirmed 4 Cancelled 1 Wait Listed 2 How do I get these values displayed using VBA. I know it can be done using recordcount method but dont know how to code it. I need your help with full syntax. Many thanks in advance for your help. Use the DCount domain aggregate function in the Control Source for each TextBox. It provides for criteria, and, if you desired, you could base it on a saved Query. Larry Linson Microsoft ...

Form to select the data from a table using multiple queries, save to another table
Hi all, I am new to access and am finding it a bit unintuitive having worked with SQL server in the past... And I am in a bit of a hurry because my employer wants me to crank something out which at first seemed like a piece of cake but I realize now I should have done a little more research before I got started. Here is the issue: I have a table with data relating to our pastry products. I built a form with multiple combo boxes that are limited by category etc so that the pastry chef can use the form to create his production schedule for the week. This worked great and he can print the schedule. But now I want to save the schedule as a record in another table so that next week when he goes to do the schedule, he can see what he did the week before. Everything I read seems to discuss how to create a form to ENTER data to the table it is associated with. But not how to take the data selected in the form and to save it to another table. Any help will be thoroughly appreciated. Tara tarafinlay wrote: > Hi all, > I am new to access and am finding it a bit unintuitive having worked > with SQL server in the past... And I am in a bit of a hurry because my > employer wants me to crank something out which at first seemed like a > piece of cake but I realize now I should have done a little more > research before I got started. Here is the issue: > > I have a table with data relating to our pastry products. I built a > form with multiple combo boxes th...

Table form cross query
I need access table as a result of cross query? What should I do? Artur "Artur" <artfather6@gazeta.pl> schreef in bericht = news:d99l1q$dtr$1@inews.gazeta.pl... >I need access table as a result of cross query? What should I do? >=20 > Artur What you should do is ask another question because ... I don't have a clue of what *exactly* you are asking here. Arno R Artur wrote: > I need access table as a result of cross query? What should I do? Check EditCrosstab on my site. It's under Code Modules. (Have to get rid of that structure some day...) -- Bas Cost Budde, Holland http://www.heuveltop.nl/BasCB/msac_index.html > > Check EditCrosstab on my site. It's under Code Modules. (Have to get rid > of that structure some day...) > thanks for advice. I think that this code will help me. Artur ...

Limit Sub Form records based on Main Form
I have an option group called Issue_Type on my main form F1_Member_Demographics_Main. When I select one of the 3 options on the main form from the option group Issue_Type I want to limit the sub form F2_Member_Issues records based on the combo box Issue_Code_T1. Option Group Issue_Type on main form: 1=Complaint 2=Grievance 3=Appeal Combo Box on sub form: 1=Complaint 2=Grievance 3=Appeal So if I select Complaint from the option group on the main form I only want to see Complaints on the sub form etc. Thanks in Advance Gary BEETHOVEN wrote: > I have an option group called Issue_Type on my main form > F1_Member_Demographics_Main. When I select one of the 3 options on the > main form from the option group Issue_Type I want to limit the sub > form F2_Member_Issues records based on the combo box Issue_Code_T1. > > Option Group Issue_Type on main form: > 1=Complaint > 2=Grievance > 3=Appeal > > Combo Box on sub form: > 1=Complaint > 2=Grievance > 3=Appeal > > So if I select Complaint from the option group on the main form I only > want to see Complaints on the sub form etc. > > Thanks in Advance > Gary Forms!MainFormName!SubFormName.Form.Filter = _ "Issue_Type = " & Me.Issue_Type Forms!MainFormName!SubFormName.Form.Filter = True Salad wrote: > BEETHOVEN wrote: > >> I have an option group called Issue_Type on my main form >> F1_Member_Demographics_Main. When I select one of the 3...

a2k
I have a main/subform arrangement which works well. The main form's parent records are about employees. The subform calculates their salary. I have now decided that the user can enter some splits in a popup form that I have built. So they click the Splits button and they can enter e.g 0.4 and 0.6 or any combination as long as it comes back to 1 (the reason for this is so they can allocate parts of the salary to different code areas). I have related the table storing these splits (tblSplits) with the main table so I have a one-to-many relationship (one employee may have more than one split). Obviously I need to do a bit of tweaking to get this working - can anyone comment on my approach? 1. First, I need to ensure that the popup form only shows splits for the current employee i.e I need to filter using the employee's PK from the main table. 2. There has to be at least one entry in the splits form per employee with default values, I'm thinking of doing this somewhere else using DAO (when the employee is initially created seems logical) since clicking the splits button is optional for the user. 3 When the user enters another split, I populate the FK field in tblSplits (Access won't do this automatically unlike in a main form/subform arrangement). 4. Finally I have cascading deletes turned on in this relationship so if the employee record is deleted the related records in tblSplits should go as well. ta Martin ...

Web resources about - Hiding Access Main Form/tables/queries/forms/etc - Access 97 - comp.databases.ms-access

Notes and Queries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
it is now published by Oxford University Press . The journal was originally subtitled "a medium of inter-communication for literary men, artists, ...

How Does Facebook Handle Graph Search Queries In A Timely Fashion?
How is Facebook able to quickly process the sort of queries about users and their friends generated by features such as Graph Search , despite ...

Facebook tests ad placements on Graph Search results page, not related to queries
Facebook began a small test today that inserts FBX and Marketplace ads between pages of Graph Search results, a spokesperson tells us. These ...

faroo_p2p: Six month after launch the FAROO Search API http://t.co/RQlyOBZC serves 24 million queries/month ...
faroo_p2p: Six month after launch the FAROO Search API http://t.co/RQlyOBZC serves 24 million queries/month. A tenfold increase in the last month. ...

App Store - IDdx: Infectious Disease Queries
Get IDdx: Infectious Disease Queries on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Michael Jackson queries - Google - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Search Engine Land's photos on Flickr. Search Engine Land has uploaded 1714 photos to Flickr.

'Safari UniBar' Brings Searches and Web Queries to One Unified Bar - YouTube
Retweet: http://clicktotweet.com/27wfR Name: Safari UniBar Description: Combined web queries and search from one bar, just like Google Chrome. ...

Spaced out: NASA denies world's end as queries skyrocket
LOS ANGELES: If there's one US government body really looking forward to December 22, it's NASA. The space agency said it had been flooded with ...

Virgin queries Qantas on Tasman
Virgin Australia has urged the competition regulator to stop Qantas and Emirates from forming an alliance on the trans-Tasman route unless there ...

Firefox 14 protects search queries from 'bad guys,' not advertisers
Firefox 14 protects search queries from 'bad guys,' not advertisers Australian Macworld However, search engine guru Danny Sullivan from Search ...