Hiding Access Main Form/tables/queries/forms/etc - Access 97

Thank you in advance for any and all assistance.

Is there a way to hide the Main Access window with tables, queries, forms
etc programmatically?

Michael

0
pmbragg (54)

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 17:17:16 -0600, "PMBragg" <pmbragg@megavision.com>
wrote:

>Thank you in advance for any and all assistance.
>
>Is there a way to hide the Main Access window with tables, queries, forms
>etc programmatically?

Yes. Take a look here for some API code that will manipulate the
Access window.

http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0019.htm

- Jim
0
jimNOT (160)
1/18/2004 3:55:37 AM
Another way, with probably less control than the programmatic method(s):
With the focus on the database window, click Tools - Startup.  Uncheck the
box "Display Database Window".  It will be hidden when the database opens.
Can be made visible via Window - Unhide.

To open with the database window visible (and all other non-default startup
options ignored), hold down the Shift key while opening the database via any
usual method.

Bruce Pick

"PMBragg" <pmbragg@megavision.com> wrote in message
> Thank you in advance for any and all assistance.
>
> Is there a way to hide the Main Access window with tables, queries, forms
> etc programmatically?
>
> Michael

0
brucepick1 (25)
1/18/2004 4:24:20 AM
On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 03:55:37 GMT, JimNOT@NOTdatacentricsolutions.com
(Jim Allensworth) wrote:

>On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 17:17:16 -0600, "PMBragg" <pmbragg@megavision.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Thank you in advance for any and all assistance.
>>
>>Is there a way to hide the Main Access window with tables, queries, forms
>>etc programmatically?
>>
>Yes. Take a look here for some API code that will manipulate the
>Access window.
>
>http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0019.htm

Or, if it is just the database window you want to hide, this was
posted by John Mishefske...

Public Sub hideDBwindow()
     DoCmd.SelectObject acTable, , True
     DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowHide
End Sub

Public Sub showDBwindow()
     DoCmd.SelectObject acTable, , True
End Sub

- Jim
0
jimNOT (160)
1/18/2004 4:25:00 AM
(Jim Allensworth) wrote:

>On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 17:17:16 -0600, "PMBragg" <pmbragg@megavision.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Thank you in advance for any and all assistance.
>>
>>Is there a way to hide the Main Access window with tables, queries, forms
>>etc programmatically?
>>
>Yes. Take a look here for some API code that will manipulate the
>Access window.
>
>http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0019.htm

I suspect Jim misunderstood your request.  It appears you're asking
how to hide the DATABASE Command window on the Access desktop.  If so,
just call this procedure from the close event of your title form (or
any other appropriate place in your app:

Public Sub HideDBwindow()
On Error GoTo HandleErr

     DoCmd.SelectObject acTable, , True
     DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowHide

ExitHere:
  Exit Sub

HandleErr:
  Select Case Err.Number
    Case Else
      MsgBox "Error " & Err.Number & ": " & Err.Description,
vbCritical, "basLMS.HideDBwindow"
  End Select
End Sub

0
LaurenW
1/18/2004 4:32:59 AM
> To open with the database window visible (and all other non-default
startup
> options ignored), hold down the Shift key while opening the database via
any
> usual method.

Or press F11 after the database has been opened

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 11:50:50 +0000 (UTC), "Alan Paterson"
<alan.paterson15NOSPAM@btopenworld.com> wrote:

>> To open with the database window visible (and all other non-default
>startup
>> options ignored), hold down the Shift key while opening the database via
>any
>> usual method.
>
>Or press F11 after the database has been opened

I have proven this does not always work - especially when you run an
A2K app on A3K (which ought to be called a bug).  As far as I can
tell, coding in the close event of your title screen is the only way
to ensure that the DB window is not available to the user.
0
LaurenW