How do you create a mult-record update?

Hello, Accessors

What I would like to do is create a multi-record table update.  I have a
table and a form for it.  I want to modify it so that there is a new field
(textbox) (not bound to a table field) on the form wherein the user enters a
number to specify how many new records to add to the table as opposed to the
1 record which is usually inserted by Access.  How do you do that?

Robert

0
projecttoday (102)
5/21/2004 3:38:04 AM
comp.databases.ms-access 42527 articles. 11 followers. Post Follow

You should not be adding blank records to your database. Explain to us what you
are trying to accomplish and we will help you out.

--
                                         PC Datasheet
Your Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications

"Robert" <projecttoday@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello, Accessors
>
> What I would like to do is create a multi-record table update.  I have a
> table and a form for it.  I want to modify it so that there is a new field
> (textbox) (not bound to a table field) on the form wherein the user enters a
> number to specify how many new records to add to the table as opposed to the
> 1 record which is usually inserted by Access.  How do you do that?
>
> Robert

0
spam8773 (270)
5/21/2004 4:36:42 AM
No, they're not blank records.  It's for lottery tickets.  This is what the
user wants.  There would be an auto number incremented for each new record
at the minimum so there would be no duplicate keys.  The user does not want
to store a total number of tickets but instead wants to generate a record
for each ticket and there's nothing I can do about that.

"PC Datatsheet" <spam@nospam.spam> wrote in message
> You should not be adding blank records to your database. Explain to us
what you
> are trying to accomplish and we will help you out.
>
> --
>                                          PC Datasheet
> Your Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications
>                               resource@pcdatasheet.com
>                                  www.pcdatasheet.com
>

> "Robert" <projecttoday@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hello, Accessors
> >
> > What I would like to do is create a multi-record table update.  I have a
> > table and a form for it.  I want to modify it so that there is a new
field
> > (textbox) (not bound to a table field) on the form wherein the user
enters a
> > number to specify how many new records to add to the table as opposed to
the
> > 1 record which is usually inserted by Access.  How do you do that?
> >
> > Robert

0
projecttoday (102)
5/21/2004 4:52:10 AM
"Robert" <projecttoday@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello, Accessors
>
> What I would like to do is create a multi-record table update.  I have a
> table and a form for it.  I want to modify it so that there is a new field
> (textbox) (not bound to a table field) on the form wherein the user enters
> number to specify how many new records to add to the table as opposed to
the
> 1 record which is usually inserted by Access.  How do you do that?

Ask yourself how you would create a single record using an unbound
form.  Do that multiple times in a loop.

0
rkc (288)
5/21/2004 11:02:54 AM
Your form needs to be bound to the table where you want to enter the blank
records. Create two textboxes on your form. Name one BlindTextBox and the other
NumBlankRecords. Bind BlindTextBox to a numeric field in your table. You can
make it not visible if you want. NumBlankRecords is unbound. Put the following
code in the AfterUpdate event of NumBlankRecords:

Dim LoopCounter As Integer
  For LoopCounter = 1 To Me!NumBlankRecords
  Me!BlindTextBox = 1
  DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord
  Me!BlindTextBox = Null
  DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec
Next LoopCounter

--

> No, they're not blank records.  It's for lottery tickets.  This is what the
> user wants.  There would be an auto number incremented for each new record
> at the minimum so there would be no duplicate keys.  The user does not want
> to store a total number of tickets but instead wants to generate a record
> for each ticket and there's nothing I can do about that.
>
> "PC Datatsheet" <spam@nospam.spam> wrote in message
> > You should not be adding blank records to your database. Explain to us
> what you
> > are trying to accomplish and we will help you out.
> >
> > --
> >                                          PC Datasheet
> > Your Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications
> >                               resource@pcdatasheet.com
> >                                  www.pcdatasheet.com
> >

> > "Robert" <projecttoday@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > Hello, Accessors
> > >
> > > What I would like to do is create a multi-record table update.  I have a
> > > table and a form for it.  I want to modify it so that there is a new
> field
> > > (textbox) (not bound to a table field) on the form wherein the user
> enters a
> > > number to specify how many new records to add to the table as opposed to
> the
> > > 1 record which is usually inserted by Access.  How do you do that?
> > >
> > > Robert

0
spam8773 (270)
5/21/2004 11:39:18 AM
Got it!  Thanks, PC.

> Your form needs to be bound to the table where you want to enter the blank
> records. Create two textboxes on your form. Name one BlindTextBox and the
other
> NumBlankRecords. Bind BlindTextBox to a numeric field in your table. You
can
> make it not visible if you want. NumBlankRecords is unbound. Put the
following
> code in the AfterUpdate event of NumBlankRecords:
>
> Dim LoopCounter As Integer
>   For LoopCounter = 1 To Me!NumBlankRecords
>   Me!BlindTextBox = 1
>   DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord
>   Me!BlindTextBox = Null
>   DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec
> Next LoopCounter
>
> --
>                                          PC Datasheet
> Your Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications
>                               resource@pcdatasheet.com
>                                  www.pcdatasheet.com
>

> "Robert" <projecttoday@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > No, they're not blank records.  It's for lottery tickets.  This is what
the
> > user wants.  There would be an auto number incremented for each new
record
> > at the minimum so there would be no duplicate keys.  The user does not
want
> > to store a total number of tickets but instead wants to generate a
record
> > for each ticket and there's nothing I can do about that.
> >
> > "PC Datatsheet" <spam@nospam.spam> wrote in message
> > > You should not be adding blank records to your database. Explain to us
> > what you
> > > are trying to accomplish and we will help you out.
> > >
> > > --
> > >                                          PC Datasheet
> > > Your Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications
> > >                               resource@pcdatasheet.com
> > >                                  www.pcdatasheet.com
> > >

> > > "Robert" <projecttoday@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > field
> > enters a
> > the

0
projecttoday (102)
5/21/2004 6:46:58 PM
The form itself is bound.  I think I would use "DoCmd.RunCommand
acCmdSaveRecord" in that case or maybe INSERT (sql).  Thanks.

"rkc" <rkc@yabba.dabba.do.rochester.rr.bomb> wrote in message

> "Robert" <projecttoday@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hello, Accessors
> >
> > What I would like to do is create a multi-record table update.  I have a
> > table and a form for it.  I want to modify it so that there is a new
field
> > (textbox) (not bound to a table field) on the form wherein the user
enters
> > number to specify how many new records to add to the table as opposed to
> the
> > 1 record which is usually inserted by Access.  How do you do that?
>
> Ask yourself how you would create a single record using an unbound
> form.  Do that multiple times in a loop.

0
projecttoday (102)

Create/Exception then Destruct
Hi Folks, I have a question about the process of constructing and destructing objects when an exception happens in the constructor. the doc says: ----- When an exception is raised during creation of an object, Destroy is automatically called to dispose of the unfinished object. This means that Destroy must be prepared to dispose of partially constructed objects. Because a constructor sets the fields of a new object to zero or empty values before performing other actions, class-type and pointer-type fields in a partially constructed object are always nil. ----- Is that REALL...

creating objects type only known at runtime
This weekend I was playing around with some ruby and wanted to create objects whose types were only known at runtime. The method I wound up using was o = eval "#{class_name}.new" Is this a preferred method. I come from (mostly) a perl background, but also a Java background. To me this approach seems inelegant. Thanks for any input. Andy -- Andrew Libby Tangeis, LLC Innovative IT Management Solutions alibby@tangeis.com On 23/10/06, Andrew Libby <alibby@tangeis.com> wrote: > > This weekend I was playing around with some ruby and wanted > to create objects ...

Newbie in creating the fonts.
Hi. I'm a newbie of creating and editing fonts. Now I'm trying program: FontLab. It's great but All this concepts (terms, poperties) which's connected with fonts are a little incomprehensible. For example: glyphs, outlines, hints. Could You please to explain me what are these? Kind regards. -- pozdroovka. Zebik Glyphs are the individual letters. Outlines are just what it sounds like. When you draw a letter you do it just as you would with pen and paper by making the basic shape...the computer colours the inside of the shape when you use the font. Hints are what the ...

Re: Tracking what .sas file created a dataset? #3
You could add the source file to the dataset label... -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Scott D. Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 1:33 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Tracking what .sas file created a dataset? Is there an automatic way to do know what file created a particular dataset? Say I create a dataset and store it in a library, and I later want to access this dataset but don't remember what .sas file created it. Of course I can grep *.sas, but I want to keep this information with the dataset. Any ideas here would ...

how to create virtual domain with webmin ?
Dear list, I had PLESK 7.5 on a remote server and I used to create domains with plesk . I could also access those domain from internet. Due to the lincese expiration I have discontinue with Plesk and installed webmin. So is it possible to create domain with webmin which can be accessed from internet ? thanks. ...

Can't record with MMC 8.8
Hello all, this fell on deaf ears (eyes) in the Rage3D forums, so I thought I'd move it here as well, Dell Dimension 8100 (1.8GHz) 768 MB RAM ATI AIW 9800 Pro (Sapphire) BenQ FP791 LCD SB Audigy 2 Platinum Windows XP Pro CAT 4.1 MMC 8.8 .... Okay, here's the problem. After a fresh install of all things ATI, I can run the TV application and record TV to my hard disk. The problem is that the default location is my C drive, which is full. I have partitioned my main drive and have about 20 GB free on my D drive. So, under the personal video record options, I changed the disk space secti...

can not create directories like adump etc
I was trying to create a database instance using DBCA in 10G. After selecting all parameters, small window pops up and says cannot create adump directory. Do I have to create all these directory manually before I run DBCA or what. I am running dbca from oracle login account. It's pretty much giving the same error like cannot create some directories or some files for everything it's supposed to create atutomatically. I am able to create mannually all these directories but why DBCA can't create these automatically otherwise no point in creating database through DBCA. Am I ...

sequence 3 tasks
Hello &nbsp; i use a board 6023E and pc pentium4 3Ghz &nbsp; My problem is how create a delay with few microseconds between two tasks? &nbsp; I need creat three tasks. Fisrt create a finte pulse train for this i use a counter. Second create a delay for this i use again a conter to creat a pulse train in witch the delay is equal to frequency x number of pulses. Third measure pulses for this i use again a counter but in this case is a counter input. In attachment i send a picture with my program. &nbsp; I dont understand&nbsp;why my program dont work? my program take a lote ...

Q: Create a console for a GUI app
Hi! I want to create a console for a GUI application. I am using AllocConsole, which also works as expected. But then I still cannot use printf etc to write to the console, even though the documentation for AllocConsole tells me "AllocConsole initializes standard input, standard output, and standard error handles for the new console.". So what am I missing? Thanks in advance! -- jb (replace y with x if you want to reply by e-mail) "cfx" <u.t.o@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:bf36o3$khl$1@news-sop.inria.fr... > "Jakob Bieling&quo...

How to Create an Uninstall?
Hi, How can I get Windows to recognize an installed app so the user can uninstall it through the Control Panel? I'm not using MSIE, InstallShield, or any other off the shelf product, but a home-brewed installation program written in VC++ 6.0. Thanks. xmp333@yahoo.com wrote: > How can I get Windows to recognize an installed app so the user can > uninstall it through the Control Panel? Rather that re-inventing the wheel, I suggest taking a look at the Inno Setup program: http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.htm Not only is it a fantastic installer it ...

Dragging text to create a file?
I thought that there was a way to drag text off of a document or web page and drop it on a finder window to create a file. Something is created by the finder, but it is not the kind of file I was anticipating. Is there some way to do this?? I am hoping for something like the OS/2 WPS Drag Text SOM Class that would just extend the Finder. Thanks in advance, -- John Holt John Holt <jdholt77_evomer@remove_earthlink.net> wrote: > I thought that there was a way to drag text off of a document or web > page and drop it on a finder window to create a file. Something is >...

Create Subsystem command
Hi, is there any way to perform an "pre create subsystem" funktion or script? Means clicking on the "Create Subsystem" Button first executes a script and then Draws the Subsystem. Or is there a commandline command that creates a subsystem from the selected blocks and lines? Thanks in advance Nils ...

updating route66 2004 with pc version
I'm thinking about the possibility of update mac route66 maps, resources,etc with this content of pc version 2005. are they using the same format? anyone have tried it? do you think about it? ...

Noob: Creating (create)
I'm playing with win32forth, trying to figure out how I could make the word (create) which would work inside a colon definition. So I could do: : makeit (create) foo 1 cell allot ; I'm figuring that (create) must be an immediate word - the problem is how to look ahead to get the foo. What's the answer? Mark Carter wrote: > I'm playing with win32forth, trying to figure out how I could make the > word (create) which would work inside a colon definition. So I could do: > : makeit (create) foo 1 cell allot ; > > I'm figuring that (create) must be an immedi...

ParallelHashList was updated to version 1.2
Hello, ParallelHashList was updated to version 1.2, there was a bug with a counter that was not updated correctly in multithreading , so i have used a criticalsection for that , and now it's working correctly and fcount is updated correctly now. You can download the new version from: http://pages.videotron.com/aminer/ thank you. Amine Moulay Ramdane. aminer wrote: > > Hello, > > ParallelHashList was updated to version 1.2, there was a bug with a > counter that > was not updated correctly in multithreading , so i have used a > critic...

Tools for creating Draw files
For a work project I may need to find a way of drawing vector art in a turnkey, embedded system. Given that I'm going to have to write all this code myself, I'm rather attracted to the idea of using Acorn drawfiles as the file format --- they're simple, reasonably compact, and dead easy to parse. However, I still need some way of creating them. Does anyone know of any tools for converting, say, SVG to !Draw, or something similar? This is most likely going to have to run on a Unix-oid command line system, so I won't be able to use anything RISC OS-based, alas. -- David Given...

MySQL
The other day, for unfathomable reasons, I lost control over tables which I create. There was no concurrent change of anything on the machine, such as an update. So I have no suspect. Does the following action log suggest any recommendation to experienced SQL programmers? 1. A table: mysql> select * from expenses; +----+------------+-------+----------+--------+-------------+-------+ | id | date | place | stuff | amount | category | flags | +----+------------+-------+----------+--------+-------------+-------+ | 38 | 2013-01-15 | ATT | Sim card | 25.00 | Visa...

Re: How to automatically create a lot of lags? #6 1556226
Yiyu, Here is way to have your LAGS. Muthia Kachirayan. data a; do price = 1 to 100; output; end; run; data b(drop = m prv); do m = 1 to 100; set a; array v[100] lag1-lag100; if m = 1 then v[m] = .; else v[m] = prv; output; prv = price; end; run; proc print data = b ; run; On 9/14/06, Yiyu <shenyiyu@gmail.com> wrote: > > Hi, I have a dataset with a lot of observations with a single variable > called Price, and I want to create , for example, 100 additional > variables representing lag1 to lag 100, what's the si...

Can I use FTP to create a CSV File?
Hi all Using Client Access/Express I can download a file straight into csv format for Excel. It works really well but we have some customers that use BOS and I want one method of creating the csv file. The file itself is just text with all of the numeric fields treated as formulae. Using FTP is it possible to download the file straight to a pc as a ..csv? We don't have the IFS. Thanks, in advance, for any help Neil Newbie_Neil wrote: > Hi all > > Using Client Access/Express I can download a file straight into csv > format for Excel. It works really well but we have som...

Problem Trying to Create Procedure
I am a newbie, so this may be a simple question. I have a sql script called p_chp_proc.sql, which creates a procedure called p_chp: CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE p_chp( encoded IN VARCHAR ) IS len int := length(encoded); i int; new_password varchar(30); BEGIN -- decode password for i IN 1..len loop new_password := substr(encoded, i*2, 1); end loop; -- change password EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'ALTER USER db_audit IDENTIFIED BY ' || new_password; END p_chp; When I try and run the script I get the error "SP2-0042: unknown command "cr_p_chp" - rest of lin...

Tool box Biokmod and Humorap updated
Dear group, I would like inform that I have updated my tool box Biokmod. It is a math toolbox for solving for system of differential equations (SDE) and for fitting coefficients in SDE with application for modeling Biokinetic Systems. Biokmod included also the package Humorap for solving ICRP models with application in internal dosimetry and in bioassay studies A tutorial including examples of linear an non linear examples of compartmental and Physilogical model has also been updated. They can be downloaded from my web side http://web,usal.es/~guillerm/biokmod.htm Also the...

ANN: gCal update
gCal can now be compiled in LOCAL mode. If you are within your one year of free upgrades there will be no charge, just sent me message and I will sent you the download and password information. Upgrades can be purchased at: http://www.gitanosoftware.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=GSI&Category_Code=Upgrades New registrations: http://www.gitanosoftware.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=GSI&Product_Code=1009 Additional information on this very cool Clarion tool can be found at: http://www.gitanosoftware.com/gcal.htm Have questions? Contact...

Re: Creating multiple datasets from one dataset based on value of #10
Ian, I agree that hash is very handy. But it requires SAS9.1. :-( On 11/14/06, Ian Whitlock <iw1junk@comcast.net> wrote: > Summary: Lex's SAS search tool > #iw-value=1 > > Mike, > > I used the search engine at > > http://www.lexjansen.com/sugi/ > > with the words "hash split" to find > > [PDF] 236-30: DATA Step Hash Objects as Programming ToolsFile > Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat > Use this functionality to "extrude" input through hash object(s) > to split it in a number of SAS files with SAS-variable-. governed > ...

[ANN] TMail 1.2.3
[ANN] TMail 1.2.3 - Security Update - 11 Apr 2008 IMPORTANT NOTE: ------------------- This is a recommended upgrade for all TMail users of TMail version 1.0.0 or above (which includes all Rails 2.x users - see below) Information: ------------------- TMail is an e-mail handling library for Ruby! TMail is the Ruby Mail handler used in the Ruby on Rails and Nitro web frame works as well as many others (including, the Ruby Talk mail gateway). TMail is a gem. You can install it on any platform via: # gem install tmail Alternatively you can download the source code or view extra documentation...

Creating a linear trend line in Excel
There has been some debate in COLA as to the correct way to create a linear trendline in Excel. Someone in the forum kindly made a video to show what he thought was the correct method http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/LinearTrendLineCreation.mov A couple of other people in the group say that the video skips a number of steps but when I look at the directions from Microsoft I do not see any they could be referring to. Does anyone see any missing steps for the creation of a linear trend line? I admit this is a bit over my head so any input would be welcome. ...