How to copy form: Access 2003 to Access 97

Hi all,

I have converted a database from Access 2003 to Access 97. Everything
gets neatly imported into the new database except for one form which
continues to show a fatal error when I try to open it in the new 97
database:

"Microsoft Access has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
sorry for the inconvenience.
If you were in the middle of something, the information you were
working on might be lost.
For more information about this error, click here ___."

This is a form that I am using as a sub-form on a parent form. The
parent form is imported okay but no matter how many times and in how
many different ways I try to get this sub-form into Access 97, it just
won't work. Does anyone out there have any ideas on how I can get it
into an Access 97 database without error so that I do not have to
re-create it? Or why is this happening.

Thank you.
Carmela

you can try SaveAsText, but I don't know if that'll work.  Might need
to bite the bullet and rebuild it.

0
pietlinden (2926)
7/19/2006 7:29:19 PM
I found a work around and have the form in Access 97, but I am
struggling with something else now :)

Thanks for your input.

No access to .dbf files in access 97 after installing access 2003
Hello, I need to maintain an access97 database that is linked to dbf's, but after having installed access 2003, when I try to link a .dbf file to an access97 database, I only have access and odbc when the dialog box to choose the external table comes up. I tried going to control panel and change my office 97 setup. When I go to the data access option, dbf is grayed out with a checkmark in it and it states that dbf access is already installed. Yet, I don't have access to that option when trying to link my dbf table to the access97 database. Any way to get that option back on? Than...

Access 97 to Access 2003
Am about to upgrade several machines running access 97 to new boxes with access 2003. Got a massive access front end DB with a SQL back end. Guess I will have to "upgrade" that '97 front. Anyone have any advice or things to watch out for? Any VBA hasles? Horror stories?? Hope it goes seamlessly... Got enough headaches. Hi Tom. This link contains our experience with upgrading Access. It does not address the SQL Server aspects, but does describe Setup, Conversion, and Usability issues: Converting from Access 97 to 2000, 2002 or 2003 at: http://members.iinet.net.au...

Access 97 or Access 2003
Hi everybody I want to use an Access database in a Visual Basic 6 program. Question: -Should I use Access 97 or Access 2003? Thank's On Wed, 11 May 2005 11:28:20 -0400, "Sylmena" <sylmena1@hotmail.com> wrote: > I want to use an Access database in a Visual Basic 6 program. > >Question: >-Should I use Access 97 or Access 2003? If you use MS Access '97, more people will be able to access your data. Access '97 doesn't use Unicode - a space/speed advantage if you are not storing Russian or a language other than English. I can't think ...

I have a Database that I am trying to run on a new vista computer. Up to now I was running it on a win 98 computer and using access 2003! I installed access 2003 and I can make it run and view the data but I can not save any new records. Has any one seen this problem yet? Thanks Clarence Wollman On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:17:13 -0700, cwoll <clarencewollman@gmail.com> wrote: Do you have the same problem with the Northwind sample application? (search your computer for northwind.mdb) -Tom. >I have a Database that I am trying to run on a new vista computer. Up >to now I was running...

Enabling an Access 97 database for use with Access 2003
We have an Access 97 database app that we'd like to enable (not convert) for Access 2003. We still have users running 97 and are not prepared to upgrade everyone who uses this database to the 2003 version yet. We're getting an error message when we try to do this which reads as follows: "There were compilation errors during the conversion or enabling of this database. The database has not been saved in a compiled state. The performance of this database will be impaired because Microsoft Access will need to recompile the database for each session." The MS Knowledgebase doesn...

Convert Access 2003 database to Access 97 format in VB6
Hello all Can anyone advise me if it is possible within VB6 to convert an Access 2003 database to Access 97. The database only consists of tables, no VBA, no queries, and all of the information I have found so far deal with either converting the VBA to VB6 or using the tools within Access 2003 to convert to Access 97. What I want to do within the program is to take an Access 2003 database and create a copy in Access 97 format for use in an application that will only handle Access up to Access 97. Can this be done ? TIA -- remove fred before emailing ...

Accessing Access

Accessing access
Can anyone help me please? This has been driving me nuts for ages. I want to use vb 6.0 to control data in a database (an access database). I've looked at tutorial all over the net but I don't want to use a data grid or anything like that because I want to control the database, not see it. So far, from one tutorial I've managed to get something on the lines of this ****************************************** dim db as Database Set db = OpenDatabase("E:\BT.mdb") dim rspeople as recordset set rspeople = db.openrecordset("people") **************...

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and mo...

access to Access
I've been reading some old posts that talk of an inability to connect to an Access database with RB. Is that (still) true? If so, that would be a show stipper for us. Thanks for any insight, dave In article <1187719558.603002.257260@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, Dave <davegp2@msn.com> wrote: > I've been reading some old posts that talk of an inability to connect > to an Access database with RB. Is that (still) true? If so, that > would be a show stipper for us. I've never tried it, but I think you should be able to access Access via ...

Open Access Database Form from within Access database
I have included the following code to open an Access database form from within an exsisting Access database. But when I run the code, it appears that it opens the database because in windows explorer I can see the database has the .ldb file extension. So it appears that it's open, but I can't see the database or the form that I've tried to open. What am I doing wrong. The following is the code: 'This is in the declaration part of the module Dim appAccess As Access.Application ' Initialize string to database path. Const strConPathToSamples = "C:\Documents a...

Should I upgrade from MS Access 97 to MS Access 2002
Hi guys My company has in one of their products used Access 97 and MS JET 3.5 for several years now. Should we move the database to Access 2002 -which we use now in other parts of the company and also upgrade the MS JET to the latest version? And what does MS JET do? Kjell Arne Johansen MS Jet is the database engine that comes with, and is, by default, used by Microsoft Access. If you aren't having any troubles with the Access 97 database, then there isn't any technical reason to change. There may be company political reasons if, say, the IT department only wants to have one ve...

problem accessing access 97 database through odbc on windows 2003 sp1
Hello, We have a legacy application which relies on an Access 97 database (upgrading is nog an option atm). As we are setting up a new server (Windows 2003), we started experiencing problems running that application after installing all required updates (Windows, Office, ..) It did work before updating, with a basic OS + application installation. Somewhere an update dit break things, but we do not know which one. Now for the problem. When starting the application, following error is returned: --------------------------- ODBC Microsoft Access Driver Login Failed ---------------------------...

conversion access 97 to access 2003
which are the differences between Access 97 and Access 2003 ? See: Converting from Access 97 to 2000, 2002 or 2003 at: http://members.iinet.net.au/~allenbrowne/ser-48.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia. Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "helena" <petrouchka-63@caramail.com> wrote in message news:b6222801.0410270323.67b7bbb3@posting.google.com... > which are the differences between Access 97 and Access 2003 ? ...

Web resources about - How to copy form: Access 2003 to Access 97 - comp.databases.ms-access

Random-access memory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Random access memory ( RAM ) is a form of computer data storage . A random access device allows stored data to be accessed in any order in very ...

New Brisbane water taxis demand CBD access
Brisbane's first water taxi in decades is about to start operation along the city's eponymous river, but the CBD will remain off limits for the ...

Many Australians struggling to access GPs: Productivity Commission report
Struggling to get into a doctor when you need one? New data shows you are not alone.

Thousands to get access to new HIV drug
Access to a drug lauded for halting the spread of HIV will be provided to more than 2500 people in a push to wipe out new infections.

16 million Americans have no wired broadband access, not even at 4Mbps
... even if the FCC revived that slower definition of broadband, the commission's annual reports would still find that many Americans lack access, ...

SimPrints founders recognized by Forbes for fingerprint solution for healthcare access
SimPrints co-founders Toby Norman, Tristram Norman and Daniel Storisteanu have been recognized in the 2016 Forbes 30 under 30 social entrepreneurs ...

Magnises, a private club for elite millennials, is now offering its members access to swanky nightclubs ...
... wants to help you build the perfect network. With the use of a personalized black card, the private club gives young professionals access to ...

4 Reasons Tribal Lands Lack Better Access To The Internet
According to the latest data from the FCC , more than two-thirds of people living in rural tribal lands currently lack access to decent Internet, ...

Veterans Might Finally Get Access To Medical Marijuana
'This policy disincentivizes doctors and patients from being honest with each other'

Morning Digest: Wealthy Democrat channels Trump: 'I sign my checks to buy access'
... asked. While he said he disagrees with the GOP candidates he sent money to "on everything social and economic," "I sign my checks to buy access." ...