How to get Graphs from MS Access and use them in MS Powerpoint

Is there any easy way how to use graphs created in MS Access 2000 in
Powerpoint?Especially when I need to use about 20 of them.

Is there any development in Office 2003?

Oskar

Instead of creating the graphs in Access, perhaps you should use vba
either (a) to open Powerpoint from within Access and create the graph
by pushing data into a Powerpoint template of your own design or (b)
start Powerpoint and open the Access database in code and pull the
data into a graph.  Either way might be quite tricky, as you'd need to
know how to use vba to create a graph... which may not meet your
criterion for an "easy way".  But it would automate your process for
20 graphs.  I don't know if you can export an Access graph;  and even
if you could, presumably, you'd still want to automate the process of
creating your Powerpoint presentation.
Regards
Geoff

0
geoff7744 (43)

Date picker from MS-Access 2000 to MS-Access 2003
Hello. How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work in MS-Access 2003. TIA J�rn Why not scrap it and use the all-API approach Stephen Lebans has at http://www.lebans.com/monthcalendar.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "JHB" <joern_bea@removeThis_tdcadsl.dk> wrote in message news:42190d18$0$48635$edfadb0f@dread15.news.tele.dk... > Hello. > > > > How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 > Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work > in > MS-Access 2003. > > > > TIA > > J�rn > > Allen Browne has an excellent calendar control at http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html -- PC Datasheet Your Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications resource@pcdatasheet.com www.pcdatasheet.com "JHB" <joern_bea@removeThis_tdcadsl.dk> wrote in message news:42190d18$0$48635$edfadb0f@dread15.news.tele.dk... > Hello. > > > > How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 > Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work in > MS-Access 2003. > > > > TIA > > J�rn > > Thanks for the link...

Using VBA to toggle from MS Word to MS Access?
Access 2003, Windows XP SP2 I have an application that generates a word document populated with a variety of fields from Access tables. The word document is generated when the user presses a button (cmdGenerateAgreement) on a form (frmTransaction). I want the process to work as follows: 1. User presses button 2. Word document is opened and populated 3. Access screen becomes visible with a message box 4. User presses Ok 5. Word screen becomes visible for finalization My question is how do I achieve steps 3 and 5? I've tried SetFocus, Access Web's API: Manipulate Window (fSetAccessWindow), and a lot of browsing in the newsgroups. Nothing seems to work. My guess is that this functionality will require a call to the Windows API. I've read all the relevant sections in my Access books, and nothing specific to this situation is mentioned. Can this functionality be accessed using VBA? If so, any help or direction would be appreciated. If not, can anyone think of a work around? Thank you, Kelii My super easy merge does all 5 steps...and you can "enable" ANY screen for merge with ONE line of code.... The sample I have can be found here: http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html What is nice/interesting about my sample is that is specially designed to enable ANY form with ONE LINE of code.... Thus, each time you build a new form, you can word merge enable it with great ease. Make sure you read the instructions from above, and y...

copying data from MS-SQL to MS-Access using VB.Net
Hi there, I'm trying to use MSAccess as a "container" to move data around from one MS-SQL server DB to another. This is basically already a design decision that has been made for a lot of reasons and can't be changed by me. What I was wondering is what is the bet way to populate the MS-Access DB. The DB will only contain 6 tables which will have a very small amount of data in them. I have tried to use ADO.Net to read the data from MS-SQL into a DataTable and then save it into the MS-Access DB using again using a DataTable populated from the first, but I can't seem to ge...

How to access data from an MS Excel sheet and import it to a MS Word using LabView?
Hello I would like to know how is it possible to access a specified data( for example row 1 ,column 2 to 5) in an Excel sheet and import it to a word document using LabView. Thanks You can interact with Office application through ActiveX, but you should be warned that it requires opening a lot of properties and going deep into the Office object hierarchy and this does not look nice in LabVIEW. If you open the example finder (Help&gt;&gt;Find Examples) and search for "ActiveX" or "Excel" you should find some examples on the basics of working with Excel. You can do the same with Word, so you can get your data from Excel and put it into Word. If you search here you should also find some threads dealing with this. To learn more about LabVIEW, I suggest you try searching this site and google for LabVIEW tutorials. <a href="http://cnx.rice.edu/content/col10241/latest/" target="_blank">Here</a>, <a href="http://zone.ni.com/devzone/learningcenter.nsf/03f7c60f17aad210862567a90054a26c/55974411828f779086256ce9007504bd" target="_blank">here</a>, <a href="http://www.mech.uwa.edu.au/jpt/tutorial/index.html" target="_blank">here</a>, <a href="http://www.iit.edu/~labview/Dummies.html" target="_blank">here</a> and <a href="http://www.upscale.utoronto.ca/GeneralInterest/LabView.html" target="_blank">here</a...

VBA in MS Word and MS Access different (use of external COM objects)
Hi, We have a COM object, which in turn use DDE to communicate with another application of ours. Access to this COM object works fine from C++, Visual Basic applications, VBS and VBA from MS Word. But the the same VBA code that works in Word fails in MS Access. Are there any differences in how VBA in MS Access use COM objects? Should a COM object be ceated in any special manner to be able to be used from MS Access? thanks/Patrik Sj�gren Most of the idiosyncrasies of the Access host container are documented via a couple of MS KB articles. Of the couple of ActiveX controls I have created with C++ the main issues I have run into have had to do with how Access redraws itself and its controls. Additionally, some host container props are not available when your control is first initialized. Where exactly is your code failing? -- HTH Stephen Lebans http://www.lebans.com Access Code, Tips and Tricks Please respond only to the newsgroups so everyone can benefit. "Patrik Sj?gren" <pa-sjo@sectra.se> wrote in message news:3de3e1ea.0408152228.a80c073@posting.google.com... > Hi, > We have a COM object, which in turn use DDE to communicate with > another application of ours. Access to this COM object works fine > from C++, Visual Basic applications, VBS and VBA from MS Word. > But the the same VBA code that works in Word fails in MS Access. > > Are there any differences in how VBA in MS Access use COM objects? > Should a COM object be ceat...

Using Sendkeys method and MS Paint to extract embedded images in MS Access
I have a database with hundreds of embedded photos (Microsoft Photo 3.0) Many are larger than 1 MB. I tried Stephen Lebans macro but it did not work probably for the aforementioned reasons Now I am trying to use the copy portion of Stephens macro and then open MS Paint using Sendkeys to Paste and save. The Sendkeys method is opening the Paint app but not executing the paste command. Wondering what I am doing wrong. I have only ever use sendkeys once and that was 8 years ago, my memory is a bit fuzzy Here's the sendkeys macro; It seems to fail on the appactivate command tho I do not know why. The code is taken from the Help file for a similar example for the calculator app, and that works fine. Appreciate any tips. Dim ReturnValue, I ReturnValue = Shell("MSPAINT.EXE", 1) Me.RecordsetClone.MoveFirst 'Do While Not Me.RecordsetClone.EOF Me.Bookmark = Me.RecordsetClone.Bookmark 'Save the picture ' Me.OLEBound19.SetFocus DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdCopy AppActivate ReturnValue SendKeys "%EP" SendKeys "%FS~" SendKeys "%~" SendKeys "%Fx~" Are you using the ExtractInventoryOLE solution? It sounds like you are using the older Clipboard based solution. Use the latest version here: http://www.lebans.com/oletodisk.htm NEW - Feb 06/2006 ExtractInventoryOLE.zip A2K or higher ONLY! This version saves the entire contents of a table containing OLE Objects to disk. Does NOT require the original application that s...

Access needs to be installed for me to use MS Access
Hi, Is it required for MS Access to be installed on machines on which I need to deploy windows app which uses MS Access as its backend. If no then how do I access and wrie to access database? Thanks, Vikas. <vikassah@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1166161668.556801.183030@n67g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Is it required for MS Access to be installed on machines on which I > need to deploy windows app which uses MS Access as its backend. If no > then how do I access and wrie to access database? If Access, or the Access runtime (from the developer extensions) is not on the user's machine, then the front-end can be written in a language that supports either DAO or ADO, both of which are available in libraries that are compatible with classic VB (through V6), C++, C#, or VB.NET. There are ther programming languages that can use Windows DLLs, too. Just for the record, though even Microsoft makes the same slip, what you have is _not_ an Access backend, but a Jet database engine backend. DAO support for Jet is available in the "MDAC 5.0" and earlier, and ADO support is available in that, and later versions of MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Components). Larry Linson Microsoft Access MVP ...

Accessing MS-Access from OpenRoad using ActiveX
Hi I'm wanting to conect to an MS-Access MDB file from an OpenRoad program using ActiveX. Can someone tell me the files I need to use/register for Windows XP? Any other help or suggestions would be most appreciated. Darren dharvey911@hotmail.com ...

converting MS Word document to MS Access?
Hello-- I'm new here, and with using MS Access. I have a list of addresses that's now in MS Word, and it would be easier for me and the person I'm going to give this address list to, to be able to have the address list in MS Access. Is there a way to import these addresses into MS Access--and thereby not have to type them into the program--being able to do this would save a lot of time and work! Thanks in advance, Jean in VA Jean, that's sort of a loaded question. The whole thing entirely depends on how "normal" your address list is. In other words, is the first line *always* the recipient's name? the second the address, the third the city/state/zip code? What I'm getting at is that you're probably going to want to break these addresses up some way in order to do something like send a letter to a subset of the entire group. In that case, you may need to parse them. And that could get fun. If they're perfectly consistent, then it's fairly easy. You could save the file as a text file and read a line at a time and break it up that way. Not much of an answer, I know, but the answer is somewhat "It depends on how your data is formatted etc". Jean, Maybe. Access likes things a certain way. It helps if the first row is the name of the column. It helps further if the character marking the beginning and end of each column is something Access can recognize like a tab character. Third, it's less confusin...

Inserting value from MS Word into MS Access
If there are any enlightend souls out there that can help me, I would greatly appreciate it. I would like to use a macro to take a value and add it to an access database. I am having a problem with the very first line of code, Dim myDatabase as Database, the system does not recognize the Database object. PLEASE if there is anyone out there that has a piece of code that sends info from a word file into a access database... send it to me. I will Love you forever. Evan wrote: > If there are any enlightend souls out there that can help me, I would > greatly appreciate it. I would like to use a macro to take a value and > add it to an access database. > > I am having a problem with the very first line of code, > Dim myDatabase as Database, the system does not recognize the Database > object. Add a reference to DAO or use an Object variable and late bind it (set db=CreateObject("DAO.Database"), although the first way will give you intellisense. -- \\\\\\ \\ \\ Windows is searching \ \ For your sig. \ \ Please Wait. \__\ mmm, I am sorry - I am really new at this... I have added the ADO reference, and I want to execute this SQL - "insert into documents (title) values ('testTitle')" How do I write the actual code, I had it before but then I deleted the wrong file... now I am back at square one Evan wrote: > mmm, I am sorry - I am really new at this... I have added the ADO > referenc...

ms access & ms project 2007
does anyone know if its possible to export your access data into ms project. if so, how should i go about doing this. i see an option in project to open access db but it still does not show any of my files. thanks much. bl -- brandon Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/databases-ms-access/200711/1 ...

exporting data from ms access to ms project
Im wondering if any on can help me to export data out of an ms access database into ms project 2002. I want to export a start date and completion data of different projects, which is stored in the database. I think this process can be done invisible to the user, so that when they enter the data into access and save it, it will automatically create a project schedule in ms project, which they can refer to at a later date in the application. I would appreciate if any one can give me any advice on this matter, i.e. VBA code etc or good web sites etc that may be of use. Regards Rob McC, England ...

Web resources about - How to get Graphs from MS Access and use them in MS Powerpoint - comp.databases.ms-access

Anti Powerpoint Party
Anti powerpoint party

Microsoft PowerPoint - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... / July 16, 2012 ; 32 days ago ( 2012-07-16 ) 2011 (14.1.2.110505 SP1) / June 14, 2011 ; 13 months ago ( 2011-06-14 ) Microsoft PowerPoint is ...

Microsoft PowerPoint - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Microsoft PowerPoint is the name of a non-free commercial software program developed by Microsoft . It was developed by Microsoft and officially ...

authorSTREAM App Brings PowerPoint Presentations To Facebook
PowerPoint presentations aren’t just for conference rooms anymore, as Facebook application authorSTREAM allows users to upload presentations ...

Upload & Share PowerPoint presentations and documents
SlideShare is the best way to share presentations, documents and professional videos. Get a free account to upload and share. Or go PRO to get ...

SlideShark: PowerPoint Presentations on the iPad for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about SlideShark: PowerPoint Presentations on the iPad on the App Store. ...

Portrait with PowerPoint, after Pieter Jansz van Asch - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Portrait with PowerPoint, after Pieter Jansz van Asch - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Download THE BEST FREE Jeopardy Powerpoint Template - How to make and edit tutorial - YouTube
Download the source file at http://www.youthdownloads.com/games/jeopardy-powerpoint-template This is a tutorial on how to download and edit the ...

PowerPoint should be banned. This PowerPoint presentation explains why.
It's tempting to use but many say PowerPoint can dumb things down too far, sometimes with fatal consequences.

Office 2016: Microsoft Sway is a Powerpoint gamechanger
POWERPOINT might be included in Office 2016, but everyone knows it’s so pass&eacute;.