how to get rid of warnings from required fields?

Hi, I made a form based on one table that has several required fields.
If in the form, I leave some of them blank and close the form using
'X', I get 2 warning messages, 1st is "... field is required." 2nd is
"if you close, the data will be lost."
How can I get rid of these or, if possible, I would like to replace
them with my own. I tried Form Close event, doesn't work.
Anyone could help me here? Thanks in advance.
ming

0
ming.mge (59)

On 13 May 2006 15:42:39 -0700, swingingming wrote:

> Hi, I made a form based on one table that has several required fields.
> If in the form, I leave some of them blank and close the form using
> 'X', I get 2 warning messages, 1st is "... field is required." 2nd is
> "if you close, the data will be lost."
> How can I get rid of these or, if possible, I would like to replace
> them with my own. I tried Form Close event, doesn't work.
> Anyone could help me here? Thanks in advance.
> ming

Here's how you can find the correct error and show your own message
for any of the form level errors.

First code the Form's Error event:

MsgBox "Error#: " & DataErr   ' Display the error number
Response = acDataErrDisplay  ' Display Default message

Then open the form and intentionally make that error.

The message box will display the error number and the default error
message.

Next, go back to the error event and change that code to:

If DataErr = XXXX Then
	Response = acDataErrContinue  ' Don't display the default message
	MsgBox "Please enter data in all required fields."
Else
	MsgBox "Error#: " & DataErr
	Response = acDataErrDisplay  ' Display Default message
End If

where XXXX is the error number.
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

how to get the specified number of records from ms access database
Hi there, Can anybody help me in, how to get the specified number of (say 35 at a time) from ms acess database. Please let me know the steps or idea. Thanks dhaniram@gmail.com wrote: > Hi there, > > Can anybody help me in, how to get the specified number of (say 35 at a > time) from ms acess database. Please let me know the steps or idea. > > Thanks > e.g. select top 35 * from table -- [Oo=w=oO] ...

How to link fields in MS word document to Access database
Anyone have experience in linking fields in an MS Word document to an access database? What I am considering doing is taking an existing fill-in-the fields word document, for which I cannot now save the data, and allow it to be opened with no data, have the fields filled in and then save the data in an Access database. I also want to later select the document (from a file in the database), open the word document and populate the fields from the database. Of course if there are then any updates I want to put them back into the database. Workable? Anyone with sample code? Bob Alston On Jun 10, 6:21=A0pm, Bob Alston <bobalst...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Anyone have experience in linking fields in an MS Word document to an > access database? Hello Bob, Instead of Word documents I use RTF-documents. RTF-documents act just like Word documents in Word. The difference is that RFT-documents are plain text-files, and can easily be processed in Access to find - with the appropriate placeholders - the filled in information. HBInc. > > What I am considering doing is taking an existing fill-in-the fields > word document, for which I cannot now save the data, and allow it to be > opened with no data, have the fields filled in and then save the data in > an Access database. =A0I also want to later select the document (from a > file in the database), open the word document and populate the fields > from the database. =A0Of course if there are then ...

HELP! Retriving field names and properties from MS Access database using ASP
Hi everyone! I have a really frustrating error and need help. I&#8217;m trying to do a function that gets the properties and names of the fields in a MS Access database using ASP. I haven&#8217;t programmed in a while so I&#8217;m quite lost. Once I have the my database structure I will insert the corresponding fields from a web form but the database is huge and I want to be able to change the database and form without changing the ASP code all the time. This is my function that is not working yet. I cant seem to connect properly to the database... Function InsertDataBase() ...

Get the real type of columns from MS Access databases(OLEObject, text, memo, numeric)
Hello, I made one application that opens MS Access databases.And I have one problem.How can I find the real data type of columns(text, memo, OLEObject, numeric) like it is into Access.I tried with resultSetMetaData.getColumnType(columnIndex) but I receive java.sql.Types.I have two columns that contains OLEObjects(images).But I receive two different types for columns : VARCHAR once, and for second column SMALLINT.I only want to see the types like in Access(OLEObjects, Text, Numeric, Memo...).Thanks in advance! Best regards, Calin Pop ...

How to get Graphs from MS Access and use them in MS Powerpoint
Is there any easy way how to use graphs created in MS Access 2000 in Powerpoint?Especially when I need to use about 20 of them. Is there any development in Office 2003? Oskar *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! Instead of creating the graphs in Access, perhaps you should use vba either (a) to open Powerpoint from within Access and create the graph by pushing data into a Powerpoint template of your own design or (b) start Powerpoint and open the Access database in code and pull the data into a graph. Eith...

Getting rid of the "Getting Started with Access" page
Anybody know how to prevent the annoying Access 2007 "Getting Started with Access" page from showing up when the database is closed using DoCmd.Quit? My database is used in a terminal server environment and I need to be able to prevent users from creating new databases or opening existing ones using that page. Thanks! On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 19:07:44 -0700 (PDT), evenlater <evancater@gmail.com> wrote: That page does not show up for me when I close my app using DoCmd.Quit. Rather the desktop appears which was previously covered by Access. You may mean at startup time. If so, just provide a shortcut to your application: access will load and immediately open your app, bypassing this page. Users would still be able to navigate back to it if they really wanted, but perhaps out of sight is out of mind. -Tom. >Anybody know how to prevent the annoying Access 2007 "Getting Started >with Access" page from showing up when the database is closed using >DoCmd.Quit? My database is used in a terminal server environment and I >need to be able to prevent users from creating new databases or >opening existing ones using that page. > >Thanks! Are you using Access 2007? I am already using a shortcut to open the app (in fact, I have to because I'm using an mdw file) and I don't see that page until the user closes Access with DoCmd.Quit. However, when I use the X button in the upper right corner, the "getting started" page doesn&#...

MS Access databases
Hello, I have been trying to read a simple MSAccess database and show the records on screen but no success so far. I have created a DSN (Data Source Name) in my Win 2k box and the connection goes ok. But when I try to return a ResultSet using a simple SELECT statement, ("SELECT * FROM MyTable") no records appear. Database is Ok. It is a very simple table. I don't get *any* error message but also no records from it. Is there anything special I need to do for accessing it? Does anybody have a simple code for accessing MSAccess databases? (From DSN creation till sample code) Thanks in Advance. Java Newbie. import java.sql.*; public class DataBase { public static void main(String[] args) { String data = "jdbc:odbc:YahooAddrBook"; // data base friendly nam try { Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection( data, "", ""); Statement st = conn.createStatement(); String q = "SELECT * " + "FROM yahoo_ab " + // table name "WHERE (\"Last Name\" LIKE '"+ args[0]+"') "+ "ORDER BY (\"First Name\")"; System.out.println(q); ResultSet rec = st.executeQuery(q); while(re...

MS Access Database
Interested profiles should be delivered at versatilehr.farook@gmail.com Title: MS Access Database Location-NC Duration-3 months Skills & Experience: MS Access Database experience: Must understand and have experience developing MS Access applications. =95 SQL experience =95 ODBC =95 Importing and exporting excel spreadsheets to and from Access DB =95 Forms development =95 working with DB objects =95 Creating New Databases The Relational Model of Data Storage Creating Relational Database Tables Assigning a Primary Key to a Table =95 Joining tables in Database =95 Queries and Advanced Queries using conditions =95 Macros =95 Reporting =95 Using Datasheets =95 Customizing tool bars Farook Ahmed On 19 May, 19:15, Farook Ahmed <farook.versatil...@gmail.com> wrote: > Interested profiles should be delivered at > versatilehr.far...@gmail.com > > Title: MS Access Database > Location-NC > Duration-3 months > > Skills & Experience: > MS Access Database experience: Must understand and have experience > developing MS Access applications. > =95 SQL experience > =95 ODBC > =95 Importing and exporting excel spreadsheets to and from Access DB > =95 Forms development > =95 working with DB objects > =95 Creating New Databases > =A0The Relational Model of Data Storage > Creating Relational Database Tables > Assigning a Primary Key to a Table > =95 Joining tables in Database > =95 Queries and Advanced Queries using c...

How do I get rid of this warning?
Patterned after the solution suggested in the perlmodlib man page, I wrote the following code: ==================== This is file b.pm #!/usr/local/bin/perl -w use strict; package b; sub f { print "BBBBBBBB @_\n"; } eval join('', <main::DATA>) || die $@ unless caller(); 1 __END__ package main; b::f(@ARGV); ================================= When called this from the command line, say: b.pm X it works fine. But when I use it as a module, say from this context: ===================== This is file p.pl #!/usr/local/bin/perl -w use strict; use b; b::f('X'); ====...

databases.ms-access
hi for fun masti, fashion, articles,mobiles, cars etc plz visit these sites http://www.familypk.com http://www.enttwist.com thanks ...

MS Access Database
Hi, I am working on a database to keep track all the caller's info in the database. For example: After the user entered a caller's information in the database, and when that same caller called back again the second time and then some of their information and also the client id automatically appeared on the screen so that the user don't need to retype them again. I want to keep track of each record as new records. The Id and first name will be the same. When I run a report I can link them all together and knowing that this person had called in twice! Any suggesti...

Web resources about - how to get rid of warnings from required fields? - comp.databases.ms-access

Storm Warning (2007 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Rob and Pia, a couple who are out for a day of sailing become lost in a heavy storm and end up on a desolate island. They come across a barn ...

WARNING: Malware Targets Brazil’s Facebook Users
Microsoft discovered malware aimed at obtaining Facebook users’ login information and taking over their accounts, and the new malware strain, ...

Warnings to check fine print on generous solar tariff offers from power companies - AdelaideNow Search ...
HOUSEHOLDERS have been warned to check the deals being offered by electricity companies in case they are being given generous solar tariffs but ...

Record temperatures for March a warning of what's to come, say experts
Record-breaking autumn heat is just a warning of what's to come if Australia doesn't act immediately to combat climate change.

Warning to check power companies’ solar tariff ‘deals’
HOUSEHOLDERS have been warned to check the deals being offered by electricity companies in case they are being given generous solar tariffs but ...

I'm A Celebrity ignored warnings from animal welfare groups when using cat cubs
Ten producers were warned the cubs they were using were being commercially trafficked, but network says it did nothing wrong.

Record temperatures for March a warning of what's to come, say experts
Record-breaking autumn heat is just a warning of what's to come if Australia doesn't act immediately to combat climate change.

Computer's Go victory is a warning about the AI in our lives
Landmark event in artificial intelligence wasn't due to an increase in computing power, but a new way for computers to make decisions based on ...

Valeant Plunges Most Ever on Forecast Cut, Warning Over Debt
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc. shares plunged Tuesday in their worst day ever, falling 51 percent after the company cut its 2016 ...

Google has fallen out of love with robots and it’s a warning sign to all of its 'moonshots'
Google parent company Alphabet just proved that it's serious about taking a more measured approach to its "moonshot" projects. The company is ...