How to select all texts of the document of the format of the selected text?

Hi,i have selected a text of the document with the specified font face,
color and size in MS Word 2000. Now , I want to select all the relevant
texts from the entire document with the same format(face,color and
size) as of the selected text.
so Is there any method or shortcut to do this op.?

Not really.  You have to "walk" the document checking the styles as you
go along.  And You have to watch out for cases where the style changes
in the middle of a word (!) and code accordingly to get the desired
results.

chetan26nov@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,i have selected a text of the document with the specified font face,
> color and size in MS Word 2000. Now , I want to select all the relevant
> texts from the entire document with the same format(face,color and
> size) as of the selected text.
> so Is there any method or shortcut to do this op.?

0
c.grimsby1 (147)

Text bind command not selecting text
I am putting together a small report editor and need some help with the following problem. I would like the user to type in some text and then later be able to select either all of it or a portion of it for formatting (ie. centering, bold, italic,etc.) by typing in a command like Ctrl-A. The following code is what I came up for this process but for some reason the text does not get selected. Can someone tell why this code doesn't work? ################################################################ # use strict ; use Tk ; use Tk::NoteBook ; my $fTab ; my $mw = MainW...

How to change a range selection to text selection?
Hi, i created an editable html container and select a single image within this container. if (document.selection.type == "Control") { var x = document.selection.createRange(); } Now I want to replace this control selection with pasteHTML... which won't work as the selection is not text type. Is there a command to change my control selection to a text selection? Thank you Loebb ...

trying to disable a text input field when a particular select list option is selected in a select field but this code has no effect

How to get selected text from a text edit control?
I created a text edit control using CreateEditTextControl. I can get the current text by calling char buf[256]; Size textSize = 0; GetControlData(controlRef, kControlEditTextPart, kControlEditTextTextTag, 255, buf, &textSize); but how do I get only the text that is currently selected (highlighted)? thanks, Shai In article <1111086224.345185.78280@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, shai@waves.com wrote: > I created a text edit control using CreateEditTextControl. > I can get the current text by calling > > char buf[256]; > Size textSize = 0; ...

Using Control-a to select all text in a text widget
I'm having a difficult time binding Control-a so it selects all the text in a widget just like the default Control-/ binding does. I've tried: ..t bind <Control-a> [.t bind <Control-/>] But [.t bind <Control-/>] returns nothing. If I do: ..t bind <Control-/> {puts "Selecting all"} ..t bind <Control-a> [.t bind <Control-/>] When I hit Control-/ I get at the prompt "Selecting all" and all the text is selected. But when I hit Control-a all I get is the "Selecting all" at the prompt and no text is selected. I've also tried: ..t bind <Control-a> {.t tag add sel 1.0 end} And that doesn't work either. In fact, with this code if you do Control-/ and then Control-a it unselects everything. And dumping the tags for the entire region show the tagon/tagoff for sel are gone. Does anyone know the semantics of Control-/? There's got to be more to it. - Ian I've just found this thread: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.tcl/browse_thread/thread/5c1df73696e94962/38ec894e32bafcd2?lnk=gst&q=select+all&rnum=8#38ec894e32bafcd2 Which seems to suggest there's nothing fancy about Control-/. - Ian And to answer my own question, the following works: bind .t <Control-a> {%W tag add sel 1.0 end; break;} - Ian On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 16:54:06 -0000, sniff.scratch@gmail.com wrote: >I'm having a difficult time binding Control-a so it selects all the >text in a w...

How do I 'SELECT All' text in a text box
I want to select all text in a multi line text box from a command butten. Thank for help Dave Try this... Private Sub Command1_Click() With Text1 .SelStart = 0 .SelLength = Len(.Text) .SetFocus End With End Sub Rick - MVP "Dave" <last2try@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:fo0b90h0j9imbvntdea3uu2mefth5teufr@4ax.com... > I want to select all text in a multi line text box from a command > butten. > > Thank for help > Dave ...

Confusing behavior regarding selected text in a text widget
Greetings one and all, I am having trouble understanding how lines of text that have been "selected" in a text widget are placed in the clipboard. Here's what's happening. I have a text widget that contains only lines of text. Some of the lines are covered by a tag that makes them invisible to the user. Specifically, if ".t" is a text widget, I have defined the tag "hide_tag": .t tag configure hide_tag -elide 1 and apply it from start of line through end of line. If one then "selects" lines of text that contain these "invisible" lines and copies them to the clipboard using control-C, all selected lines show up in the clipboard, including the "invisible" ones. I understand why this is happening and, in hindsight, I should have anticipated it, but nonetheless, it is undesirable behavior and needs to be fixed in my application. I've attempted to fix this by binding a proc to the <<Copy>> virtual event and having that proc copy all selected text that is not "invisible" to the clipboard using "clipboard clear" and "clipboard append" commands. Although the proc appears to do the correct thing, i.e., excludes the "invisible" lines, nonetheless, all selected lines, even the "invisible" ones, still appear in the clipboard. Something's going on here and I don't know what it is! Can anyone help? I have attached below example code ...

text-text

How to set the selection-bar- and selected-text-color in a list box?
How to set the color of the selection bar and the selected text in a list box? Bart (v 2003) "AA Arens" <bartvandongen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1140260216.140563.116330@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > How to set the color of the selection bar and the selected text in a > list box? All you can do is set the BackColor and the FontColor. Windows decides what the highlight color is based on your current Windows colors/theme. -- I don't check the Email account attached to this message. Send instead to... RBrandt at Hunter dot com ...

How do I get corresponding option field for selected text in html select
I have an array called voyageArr where I have the two fields Vesselid and Vesselname. I want to add VesselName as display field and Vesselid as the corresponding field for selected VesselName Here is the html seelct control <select id="DDLVesselName"> </select> Here is how I add data to the html select control. This works fine the Vesselname is displayed in the html select control. function Display(flag) { for (var i = 0; i < voyageArr.length; i++) { $('#DDLVesselName').append($("<option value=" + voyageArr[i].Vesselid + "></option>").text(voyageArr[i].VesselName)); } } Here is how I get the display field var ship = $("#DDLVesselName option:selected").text(); How do I write if I want the corresponding option field which is Vesselid for selected VesselName //Tony "Tony" wrote in message news:knf9po$co1$1@dont-email.me... I have an array called voyageArr where I have the two fields Vesselid and Vesselname. I want to add VesselName as display field and Vesselid as the corresponding field for selected VesselName Here is the html seelct control <select id="DDLVesselName"> </select> Here is how I add data to the html select control. This works fine the Vesselname is displayed in the html select control. function Display(flag) { for (var i = 0; i < voyageArr.length; i+...

re: Confusing behavior regarding selected text in a text widget
This message is directed to whoever replied to my original post. I read it but it was deleted before I could reply. Thank you for your reply and explanation. I knew something was going on but didn't know that the text widget class binding would be triggered. I thought that overriding the widget instance would suffice. Something to learn about. Also, thanks for your observation on my "clipboard append" call- join should be used. By the way, your suggestions did the trick! Thanks again. Mike ...

selected text
Hello all Is it possible to get which text in a textarea element is selected ? If so How? Thanks Rob "Rob" <reply_@news_group.please> wrote > Is it possible to get which text in a textarea element is selected ? The function below returns any selected text (in IE, Netscape and iCab). Or if no text is selected, null is returned. You have to do additional tests to see if it is in the textarea. You should call this function onmousedown and not onclick, because that may unselect the selection. function isselect(){ if((d=document).getSelection)return d.getSelection(); ...

text selection
Hi all, I need to select rectangle areas within a textwidget. Currently I'm starting to extend the textwidget, but I wonder if this has'nt been done before and I'm 'reinventing the wheel'. Any hint is very much appreciated. Thanks for reading. Wolf ...

Selecting text
I have a text widget setup with some inital text that I would like to have preselected so the user can overstrike the text by typing in any character. I've been looking at the text tags and see there is a "sel" tag. Will this tag do this for me? Also, I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to format the text widget to use this tag. Any help much appreciated! "Phil Biehl" <fylbeall@yahoo.com> wrote: # I have a text widget setup with some inital text that I would like to have # preselected so the user can overstrike the text by typing in any character. # I've been looking at the text tags and see there is a "sel" tag. Will this # tag do this for me? Also, I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out # how to format the text widget to use this tag. Yes, the sel tag corresponds to selected text. You can use exportselection to effect how selections interact with the clipboard. There are bindings that if you type anything when there is text tagged with sel, it will be replace with what is typed. sel tagged text can be discontiguous, but attempts to exploit discontiguous selections will mostly fail. -- SM Ryan http://www.rawbw.com/~wyrmwif/ The whole world's against us. Phil Biehl wrote: > Also, I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out > how to format the text widget to use this tag. Simple. Just apply the tag after you've set up the contents of the widget (in any way you want)...

On SetFocus, the text in the textbox get selected. I want the prompt to be AFTER the text
Trough code I put focus on a textbox. My problem is that the existing letters in that text box get selected (black background) so when users type in new letters, the existing text is replaced. -Is there any way to awoid this? Like some code that do the some thing as a user that mouse clicks AFTER the text. My goal is that the users just should type on and Access should ADD what they type after whatever text is already in the textbox. Thank you for any info! Robert Robert_5032@yahoo.com wrote: > Trough code I put focus on a textbox. > My problem is that the existing letters in that text box get selected > (black background) so when users type in new letters, the existing text > is replaced. > -Is there any way to awoid this? > Like some code that do the some thing as a user that mouse clicks AFTER > the text. > > My goal is that the users just should type on and Access should ADD > what they type after whatever text is already in the textbox. > > Thank you for any info! > > Robert > Look in help at SelLength, SelStart, SelText Properties for a text box. Ron you can change the behavior in the entire database by opening the database window and from the menu bar selecting Tools | Options | Keyboard tab and in the Behavior Entering Field section, choose Go to end of field. to change the behavior of a specific textbox control, add the following code to the control's OnEnter event procedure, as Me!ControlName.SelSta...

text + text

select.select()
please help me.. what does the following line do? read_sockets,write_sockets,error_sockets = select.select(CONNECTION_LIST,[],[]) In article <b8d42424-e0ab-4595-9c87-25e5c1b53349@googlegroups.com>, Bhanu Karthik <bhanukarthik2002@gmail.com> wrote: > please help me.. what does the following line do? > > read_sockets,write_sockets,error_sockets = > select.select(CONNECTION_LIST,[],[]) This is a little tricky. First,read the docs at http://docs.python.org/2/library/select.html. There's a lot of complicated stuff there, but just concentrate on the description of the select.select() call for now. Imagine a process which has a lot of network connections open. A great example would be something like a MUD (Multi User Dungeon). You've got one server process(*) and a bunch of clients which have all made TCP connections over individual sockets. Each client will be sending commands asynchronously, and the server needs to handle this. You need some way to figure out which of those sockets have something that's been sent to you (which you need to process) and which are just sitting idle. That's where select() comes in. It gives you a way to say, "Here's a list of sockets. Sleep until one of them has something available for me to read, and let me know which one." One bit of complication is that you can also check for sockets which are ready to be written on, and sockets which ...

current selected text to highlighted text on mouse up event through java script
hi everybody, I want to convert the current selected text to highlighted text i.e. to yellow background on mouse up event on pdf form through java script. pls help me out. Thanks in advance regards Tanmay ...

How to make selected text (a range of a text block) with red background color?
Hi, Say, I have the following block of text: " Commuters are bracing for a difficult trip around southwest Connecticut and= to New York City beginning Monday as workers repair the Metro-North commut= er rail line crippled by a derailment and crash. Crews will spend days reb= uilding 2,000 feet of track, overhead wires and signals following the colli= sion... " And I want to have an ability to let a user to select, say, "rail" and "cra= sh" with red background color, how? With Firefox and Chrome. Many thanks. Here is a basic approach to get you started (some assembly required): function highlight(node,text){ var html =3D node.innerHTML, i =3D html.indexOf(text), len =3D text.length; if(i > -1){ node.innerHTML =3D html.substring(0,i) + "<span class=3D'hightlight'>" + html.substring(i,i + len) + "</span>" + html.substring(i + len); } } var node =3D document.getElementById("foo") highlight(node,"rail") On May 19, 2:20=A0pm, justaguy <lichunshe...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Say, I have the following block of text: > " > Commuters are bracing for a difficult trip around southwest Connecticut a= nd to New York City beginning Monday as workers repair the Metro-North comm= uterrailline crippled by a der...

Unbound text box, text>255, MS Access/PostgreSQL
Hello. I have the following problem with MS Access/PostgreSQL combination: There is a form in Access that has an unbound text box, used for entering a commentary of a batch of records. There is a DAO Append Query that has a parameter that is passed from the text box using parameter of DAO QueryDef object. I adjusted B7 parameter (Text as LongVarchar) in connection string (ODBC driver) to 1, so that Access links PostgreSQL Text fields as Memo fields in Access. The intention was to be able to enter unlimited length commentary into the field. But, although I can enter unlimited text by using bound text box in some other forms, in this particular form I can't use bound control, so I need to pass text from UNBOUND control to the linked table by using DAO or ADO code. It seems that DAO query can't accept Memo as parameter, but only text. If my text exceeds length of 255, I have an VBA error 3271. If text in unbound text box is shorter that 255 everything is OK. So, is there any way to pass text of length >255 from unbound text box to Memo field of linked PostgreSQL table, by using DAO or ADO ? Thanks in advance, Zlatko On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 01:15:54 +0200, "Zlatko Mati�" <zlatko.matic1@sb.t-com.hr> wrote: >Hello. >I have the following problem with MS Access/PostgreSQL combination: >There is a form in Access that has an unbound text box, used for entering a >commentary of a batch of records. >There is a DAO Append Query tha...

Newbie word vba
Word 2007 VBA - Ctrl-A selects all text in document in Word; How do you select all text in document in VBA? Thanks a lot. On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 16:29:47 GMT, wrote: > Word 2007 VBA - Ctrl-A selects all text in document in Word; How do > you select all text in document in VBA? Selection.WholeStory (in Word 2000, should work for you). For further Word-related questions, I suggest this group: microsoft.public.word.programming -- auric dot auric at gmail dot com -- On an unrelated note, I found my baseball bat. On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 08:29:47 -0800 (PST), lisa.henkel0@gmail.com wrote:...

Displaying text in a text box depending on selection made in list box on same form
Hi I have an unbound text box on a form from which the user can choose a product. When the user chooses a product, I want the text box on the same form to display the description of that product. right now I can get it to display the row number of the product that corresponds to what the user clicked but not the value of the Product Description which is what I want. The fields in the tables are both text. here is the code: Private Sub LstContactProducts_AfterUpdate() txtProductDescription.SetFocus txtProductDescription.Text = LstContactProducts.Column(2,txtProductDescription) End Sub Thanks in advance Colin Colin, why don't you create the combobox, with from a table or query with all the information you need and use cboComboboxname.column(0), cboComboboxname.colum(1) etc etc...to populate the fields you want? HTH Michael "Colin Ward" <cward002@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:2a660c80.0308010710.26b3257@posting.google.com... > Hi I have an unbound text box on a form from which the user can choose > a product. When the user chooses a product, I want the text box on the > same form to display the description of that product. right now I can > get it to display the row number of the product that corresponds to > what the user clicked but not the value of the Product Description > which is what I want. The fields in the tables are both text. > > here is the code: > > Private Sub LstContactProducts_AfterUpdate() > txtP...

rectangular selections in text componets. "block column select mode".
The simple text editor programs such as MS Notepad etc allow selecting text continously with mouse which is also the case with Swing text components. More advanced text editor programs provide a special selection mode with mouse (usually activated when ALT key is pressed and held down) called "block select mode" in Textpad and "column select mode" in Ultraedit and other. The "column select" mode is about that one can mark with mouse an rectanglular region of text, that exceeds many lines of text. Is that possible in Swing with setting some kind of property ...

How do i select/compare multiple text nodes spread out in a document?

Web resources about - How to select all texts of the document of the format of the selected text? - comp.databases.ms-access

Killian documents controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The provider of the documents, Lt. Col. Bill Burkett , claims to have burned the originals after faxing copies to CBS. CBS News producer Mary ...

Secret documents reveal passionate affair
THIS is certainly not your typical love story. It is one full of betrayal, a love child and murder.

Level crossings: sky rail avoided delays and power shut downs, documents suggest
Premier Daniel Andrews' plan to remove level crossings in Melbourne's southeast could have been delayed by at least two years and caused countless ...

Former VW employee says he was fired after questioning deletion of documents
A former Volkswagen Group employee has sued the auto company, saying he was fired after he told VW’s in-house lawyers and its information technology ...

Chelsea Manning: Insider Threat document shows US government employees are under surveillance
The US government is busy putting thousands of its own employees under 'permanent surveillance' according to a document obtained by Chelsea Manning. ...

Hulk Hogan awarded $115 mn in sex-tape suit - Business Standard News New Document Widgets Magazine Widgets ...
The retired wrestler Hulk Hogan was awarded $115 million in damages on Friday by a Florida jury in an invasion of privacy case against Gawker.com ...

Xerox Printers Will Translate A Document Just By Hitting the Print Button
... to their multi-function printers. At its most basic, you’ll be able to tap a few buttons on a ConnectKey-enabled Xerox printer, scan a document, ...

Vatican monsignor admits to passing documents in trial
VATICAN CITY (AP) — A Vatican monsignor has admitted in court that he passed confidential documents on to journalists but said he did so at a ...

Documents with malicious macros deliver fileless malware
Spammed Word documents with malicious macros have become a popular method of infecting computers over the past few months. Attackers are now ...

Senate Committee Demands DHS Produce Whistle-Blower Smear Documents
Senate Committee Demands DHS Produce Whistle-Blower Smear Documents