how to tell if ms access report is in print preview, or printing/exporting?

Hello, can someone help me.

I want to display some fields on a report in print preview (i.e.
instructions), that I don't want to print to the printer or export to
file.  I can't seem to find any way of telling that the report is
displaying in print preview, vs. being actually printed or emailed/
exported.

So for example when previewing, I'd do Me![Instructions].Visible =
True.
When printing, emailing, and exporting I'd do Me!
[Instructions].Visible = False.

I tried doing some stuff with Me.Printer.Port and Me.WindowWidth but
that didn't work.

Thanks

mailjaneen@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hello, can someone help me.
>
> I want to display some fields on a report in print preview (i.e.
> instructions), that I don't want to print to the printer or export to
> file.  I can't seem to find any way of telling that the report is
> displaying in print preview, vs. being actually printed or emailed/
> exported.
>
> So for example when previewing, I'd do Me![Instructions].Visible =
> True.
> When printing, emailing, and exporting I'd do Me!
> [Instructions].Visible = False.
>
> I tried doing some stuff with Me.Printer.Port and Me.WindowWidth but
> that didn't work.
>

> Thanks

I created a report.  It has the fields CustomerID and CustomerName.  I
created a report.  It has a field called MakeVisible.  And a button to
call the report either as preview or print.

If Preview, I set the field MakeVisible to True.  If print, False.

In the OnFormat event of the detail band I put the following code
     Me.CustomerID.Visible = Forms!Form1!MakeVisible

I did this in A97.  In newer versions theres an OpenArgs event in
Reports you could use.  If printing or exporting and called from the
menu you might need your own custom menu item to set a flag.

0
oil (4047)

MS Access
I would like to send the Print Preview of a MS Access form to a Snapshot file. The form contains an OLE graph. BACKGROUND A snapshot of a report is possible. If I could I would use a report to display the graph but it is not possible to send query parameters to an OLE graph on a report (or programatically change any properties of an OLE Graph). However with a Form you do have the ability to change the RowSource of an OLE graph. The form Print Preview can be sent to a printer and the output looks exactly like a printed report. QUESTION Is it possible to export this print preview to a snapsho...

printing ms access report faster
hi again, i am currently printing my ms access reports and i noticed that it takes a while before the printer starts printing. when i tried to print any document using ms word, the time difference is noticeable. the amount of data being printed on different situation is almost similar. i am declared a new access.application object called ac. then i used this to print my report: ac.docmd.openreport "nameofreprot", acViewNormal can you please tell me what did i do wrong? how can i print my reports faster? thank you very much! nick_faye nick_faye wrote: >...

Graph is not printing in MS-Access 2007 Report
Hi all I hav designed a databas in Access 2003. My Company is upgraded it by Access 2007. In the database there is a report, containing a graph that looks fine in preview but when printing to printer, I may only get an empty frame. I tried changing the page size, graph object size, printer settings without luck. Any clue what may be causing this odd behavior will be greatly appreciated. Naushad On Apr 1, 9:17=A0am, Naushad <nhai...@kockw.com> wrote: > Hi all > > I hav designed a databas in Access 2003. My Company is upgraded it by > Access 2007. In the database there is a report, containing a graph > that looks fine in preview but when printing to printer, I may only > get an empty frame. I tried changing the page size, graph object size, > printer settings > without luck. > > Any clue what may be causing this odd behavior will be greatly > appreciated. > > Naushad Hi Naushad, Can you try something? Install any free/trial PDF Printer driver, or any other printer and let me know if it prints (to see if there are incompatibilities between A2007/MS Graph and printer driver). Let me know what has happened. Regards, Branislav Mihaljev Microsoft Access MVP ...

Printing MS Access Database Structure in ASP
How can I print the database structure, including non default variables like Requiered, FieldSize, and most important DESCRIPTION. I want a table like this: ----------------------------------------------- | Name | Type | Size | Required | Description | ----------------------------------------------- | ... | ... | ... | ... | ... | Does anyone know how to do this? I can only print Name and Type as they are predefined variables. Thanks in advance! Alternatively, how can I copy my variable descriptions from MS Access' Design View to another program (SPSS or EXCEL or a text...

how to select data to be printed on MS Access reports
hi guys, can you please teach me how to group the data to be printed on MS Access Report? for example, i have a table that contains name and income. my report should display the names and the income depending on the starting letter of the name. all names that begins with letter A will be separated from the names that started with letter B and so on. the total income of each letter group will be displayed too. and the grand total of each total income for each group will also be displayed. by the way, since names seldom starts with letters x, y and z, all names that starts with these le...

Printing reports in MS Access from a C# Windows app
I was wondering if it is possible to take a canned report ( on an Access database (Access XP version), and then be able to write a C# application that will make a call to the canned report in Access and print it (just as you would print the report while in Access)? If so, could you give me an example so I could follow the syntax. Printing from a C# application isn't as graceful as going into Access and just running the report and printing it. Any ideas on how to make this work so the users don't have to learn how to open the report in Access and print it? Just trying to make users ...

print a pdf file from within a MS Access report
Hi. I have a need to create a PDF file from within an MS Access report (within the Access VB code). I am trying to use the Adobe6 Professional tools to do this... but not sure how. I am getting a filename prompt when I use this, but I actually just want to pass it a file name. Does anyone know how to do this? Alternatively, I can currently created a .rtf file from within Access. Perhaps there is a command line tool (or API) that I can call from within Access VB code that will do something like this.... mygreatepdfapp.exe -ic:\myreport1.rtf -oc:\myreport1.pdf ....this would result in t...

MS Access Print reports from new pc
I have a MS access database that runs on the network. Few pcs access the database simulataneously every day. The users run a lot of reports from the Access database and print outs always looked good. Now there is a new pc thats been added with the same OS. Its even the same brand Dell pc. But the print out command given from the new pc, makes the reports look like gibberish with a new font, unwanted spaces every where etc... The same report run from the next pc, prints out fine just like expected. Any one know whats happending? Can any one help me solve this... Prasad. Well the fact tha...

Help on printing MS Access report from VB programe
Please I need help on printing a MS Access report from a VB programme. I know that it has somthing to do with the docmd.printout command but I get an error saying that "The Command or Action Printout is not available at this time" Below is my code (doesn't work) With Adodc1 .ConnectionString = connectstring .RecordSource = "Table1" .RecordSource = "Select * from Match" Access.DoCmd.PrintOut End With Any body out there able to help Thanks Chris Do you ...

exporting data from ms access to ms project
Im wondering if any on can help me to export data out of an ms access database into ms project 2002. I want to export a start date and completion data of different projects, which is stored in the database. I think this process can be done invisible to the user, so that when they enter the data into access and save it, it will automatically create a project schedule in ms project, which they can refer to at a later date in the application. I would appreciate if any one can give me any advice on this matter, i.e. VBA code etc or good web sites etc that may be of use. Regards Rob McC, England ...

Print-Print versus Print-Preview-Print
Is there a difference between the following operations from any given program? Let's say Safari, because I often want to Preview to see how many pages there are before deciding to print. From Safari: File > Print --> print dialog > Print versus From Safari: File > Print --> print dialog then choose Preview --> Abode Reader view then print directly from Adobe using File > Print --> print dialog > Print It sounds like a waste of steps, but after I preview in Adobe Reader, I usually close the preview and go back and print directly from Safari. The outputs ...

1* Exporting data from Ms Access to Ms Project
Im wondering if any on can help me to export data out of an ms access database into ms project 2002. I want to export a start date and completion data of different projects, which is stored in the database. I think this process can be done invisible to the user, so that when they enter the data into access and save it, it will automatically create a project schedule in ms project, which they can refer to at a later date in the application. I would appreciate if any one can give me any advice on this matter, i.e. VBA code etc or good web sites, books that may be of use. Regards Rob McC, England There is code to write from Access to Project in Scott Barker's "Access 2000 Power Programming". Never automated Project, but the rest of his code worked a charm, so that should too. ...

problem printing labels from MS Access application
Hello; We are using a Zebra TLP 2844 printer. The Access application executes the print job (user selects a button to run the print). Sometimes two addresses will print on one label (all the labels will end up with two addresses on each). When we reboot (turn off and then back on) the Zebra printer and re-print the job, the job prints correctly - one address per label. Any ideas on what could be causing this? Can we eliminate the Access application as contributing to the problem? Does anyone think this is a printer driver issue? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Tony Typically, problems like this are caused by an out-dated or corrupt print driver. Try downloading the latest driver and reinstalling it. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.accessmvp.com http://www.mvps.org/access Co-author: "Access Solutions", published by Wiley "Tony_E" <bluestealth94@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:43ee2fea-4773-4c44-a3c0-1cd342184129@u3g2000vbj.googlegroups.com... > Hello; > We are using a Zebra TLP 2844 printer. The Access application executes > the print job (user selects a button to run the print). Sometimes two > addresses will print on one label (all the labels will end up with two > addresses on each). When we reboot (turn off and then back on) the > Zebra printer and re-print the job, the job prints correctly - one > address per label. Any ideas on what could be causing this? Can we >...

Web resources about - how to tell if ms access report is in print preview, or printing/exporting? - comp.databases.ms-access

Gas Exporting Countries Forum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Gas Exporting Countries Forum ( GECF ) is an intergovernmental organization of 11 of the world's leading natural gas producers made up of ...

Facebook policy now clearly bans exporting user data to competing social networks
... of account settings, so it’s unlikely that many users have done this. Google and Facebook blocked or put up roadblocks on importing and exporting ...

The Price of Oil book review: Paints a gloomy picture for prices, companies and exporting countries
In Roberto Aguilera and Marian Radetzki's new book, The Price of Oil, the two economists are optimistic about the expansion of global oil production ...

Lower dollar a boon for Canberra's wine exporting king
It may mean more expensive holidays for some, but one ACT registered company has enjoyed a profitable time thanks to the sharp fall in the Australian ...

Irish plant shut for exporting horsemeat

New online freight marketplace Cargohound aims to be the Uber of exporting
Cargo Hound wants to revolutionise the way goods are shipped from Australia.

Exporting the desperate; out of sight ... and mind
The boats have stopped, the point's been made, so why continue to treat those already ''here'' with such unconscionable cruelty?

Meat market: Andrew Forrest sees fortune in exporting beef to China
China is so desperate for good beef that Australian billionaire Andrew Forrest will be taking sample parcels of steak in his luggage on his next ...

Exporting carbon and hypocrisy: our big growth industry
Never mind our modest cuts to local emissions, new research shows Australia is heading into a carbon export boom.

Spin Cycle: Is Tom Mulcair in favour of exporting bulk water?
The Liberals say Tom Mulcair spoke favourably about the idea of water exports when he was Quebec's environment minister back in 2004. They even ...