I get ODBC Timeout (#0) just trying to open a linked table in MS Access 2003 arghghghgh!!!

any idea how i can by pass this error , i need to plugin a SQL vew &
create a query using Access.
Running the vew in SQL returns 19458 rows ... i keep getting ODBC
timeout errors when trying to do anything with this linked table..

help?!

Using Iseries Access ODBC Driver with MS ACCESS 2003
When Trying attaching databases into MsAccess2003 using Iseries Access ODBC Driver (I'm in OS400 v5r2) I get an error message according to which the duration of connection is too long and so I can't attach the database although I got the list of the tables in the library I specified. Can anyone help me ? Thanks in advance. The timeout to dispay de data is small. You need to increase this timeout. The problem can occur when the tables are very very very (but very) big. "Bertrand Bard" <bbard@dehon.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:d01a5cc.0404280030.58f11d3e@posting.go...

Re: MS Access 2003: Linked Tables
Dear Informixers, a while ago I posted a question about a problem linking IDS 7.31UD8 tables into MS Access 2003 using the Informix ODBC driver from I-Connect 2.81TC3. This driver is in the file "iclit09b.dll" in the INFORMIXDIR\bin directory and has version # 3.82.0.11811. In the meantime, I found that the ODBC driver from the previous Connect version 2.81TC2 works; it has version # 3.82.0.11600. Just copying the older dll over the newer one did the job. I still wonder why IBM/Informix cannot get their act together and supply ODBC drivers that just work. From sporadic postings in this group, I gather that even the ODBC driver from the newest 2.90 program suite still has problems, especially with Access. However, from the low number of postings about this topic, I assume that not many peoply bother using Informix's driver... Regards, Richard Richard Spitz wrote: > I still wonder why IBM/Informix cannot get their act together and > supply ODBC drivers that just work. From sporadic postings in this > group, I gather that even the ODBC driver from the newest 2.90 > program suite still has problems, especially with Access. However, > from the low number of postings about this topic, I assume > that not many peoply bother using Informix's driver... I don't use the ODBC drivers with Access so can't comment on your original problem. I somewhat agree with the sentiment about CSDK. We have a serious ...

Cannot open same table using Access 2.0 and Access 2003 in the same time
I'm unable to to open a linked table T that is stored in an Access 2.0 MDB database file (shared/back-end,) using both Access 2.0 and Access 2003, in the same time. Here is the scenario: 1- Start Access 2.0 and open the linked table T. 2- Start Access 2003 then try to open the same linked table T. 3- You may get the error "Could not use <.mdb file name>; file already in use." It seems Access 2.0 "Locks" the table for exclusive use, but how to explain that another instance of Access 2.0 still CAN open the same table in the same time! Please note: Access 2.0 and Access 2003 runs on two separate machines, while the shared/back-end mdb file is stored on a third machine. Please note upgrading the back-end database to 2003 is NOT a feasible solution in the current time! Thanks ...

Accessing Oracle Tables from MS Access
How difficult is this? I'm having a tough time getting a simple select to work. I am using MS Access 2002 and Windows XP. What do I have to do to make a simple select statement like this work: select id from emp I have stumbled upon many websites although none straight to the point. Any help in how to get this done, or pointing me in the right direction of a book or website, would be greatly appreciated! berj Yes, I do have the table links working. But I did want to run the select for such things as grabbing the next number off of a sequence. As in: select test.nextval fro...

How to get table names from ms access(mdb file) by using odbc library.
Hi. I am writing a c++ program get the data from mdb file using odbc library. By the way, I couldn't get table list from mdb file. i goolgled it up little bit, what i found is only using the ADO(or OLE i'm not sure) library and "SELECT Name FROM MSysObjects WHERE Type In (1,4,6) AND Left([Name], 4)<>"MSYS" this query. i already wrote a lot of part of this program so i don't want to switch database library. And the query gives "no read permission on 'MSysObjects' " error message. If you know how to get the table list from a mdb file by using odbc library, please share your experience. thank you. If you using odbc to a mdb file, then you MUST have jet installed, and THEREFORE you MUST also have dao installed on your machine (in fact, out of the box, windows xp, server 2003, vista etc DOES HAVE the jet database engine installed by default (thus you don't need to install anything on a windows computer to read mdb files. here is a windows (vbs) script that displays all tables...you can use late binding in your project, and you should little trouble getting a list of tables using the following idea. Set dbeng = CreateObject("DAO.DBEngine.36") strMdbFile = "C:\Documents and Settings\Lawrence\My Documents\Access\ScriptExample\MultiSelect.mdb" Set db = dbeng.OpenDatabase(strMdbFile) for each table in db.tabledefs msgbox table.name next The above is not a vba script. Paste the above into a te...

error: linking mysql tables (odbc) from ms-access: "Could not find installable ISAM"
I have been connecting to mysql tables from ms-access vba through odbc [MySQL] [ODBC 3.51 Driver] connection string and everything is ok. when I try to create a permanent link to mysql tables from ms-access menu > file > get external data > ODBC > user dsn, I get: =93ODBC call failed=94 error. when I try to create a permanent link from ms-access VBA ADOX, I get: "Could not find installable ISAM". when I search ISAM error I found http://support.microsoft.com/kb/209805/EN-= US/ article attributing error cause to unregistered dll, I have followed the 2 rec...

Read-Only ODBC Access to MS Access 2000
I have created an ODBC File DSN data source in Windows XP. I have successfully used this DSN to link tables from a Sybase SQL Anywhere database to Access 2000. How can you make this ODBC connection read-only? P.S. I would like to make the ODBC connection itself read-only (if possible) rather than adding security to the MS Access DB. ...

Opening databases with out MS access
Hi, I have an Access database file with all the switchboard commands and what I want to do is to try to access the switchboard command without opening microsoft access. Which means i want to access the database without opening access. I am seeing if I can make this file an executable file but i dont think this is the solution. If anybody have any ideas, please help. Thanks > I have an Access database file with all the switchboard commands and > what I want to do is to try to access the switchboard command without > opening microsoft access. Which means i want to access the database > without opening access. I am seeing if I can make this file an > executable file but i dont think this is the solution. If anybody have > any ideas, please help. Thanks You cannot use Access interface without having Access installed into your pc. -- PBsoft di Gabriele Bertolucci www.pbsoft.it skype: pbsoftsolution http://www.mvps.org/access/general/gen0001.htm *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** "Gabriele Bertolucci" <info@REMOVEpbsoft.it> wrote > You cannot use Access interface without > having Access installed into your pc. You can use (but not modify the design of) an Access database if you have the Access runtime, as packaged by the Office Developer Edition (pre-2003) or by the Visual Studio Tools for Office 2003 System. If, in your view, installing the Access runtime qualifies as "having Access install...

MS Access VBA making multiple tables in database from a main table.
I have a database table called "tbl_personal" and struggling to VBA program a bit of code to create multiple tables in a database from the main "tbl_personal" table. In this case the 'color' column is the field I would like to look at. 1. Identify the number of unique records in column 'color' 2. For each color record that is label as red in the "tbl_personal" table, create a table called 'red' and populate with all red records in from the "tbl_personal" table. 3.Then move onto the next unique color and repeat the whole process again. 4. When all unique color tables are created in MS Access database end with a msg "batch process done" name surname age color country aa aaa 1 red UK bb bbb 10 green USA cc ccc 20 blue China dd ddd 30 red Germany ee eee 40 green France ff fff 1 blue Italy gg ggg 20 red Spain hh hhh 40 yellow Canada ii iii 34 black Italy =85 Is this doable automatically in MS Access? Many thanks. brenda Are you sure you want to do this? I would expect 3 tables vis: Table of Personel with PersonelID, Suname, FirstName, ColourID, CountryID & DateOfBirth (Age will be out of date next birthday and should be calculated), Table of Colours ColourID & Colour Table of Countries CountryID & Country. You can then use simple queries to return all the red people or people who live in UK. Am I missing something? Phil <bbcdancer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:495c4ca6...

How to get Graphs from MS Access and use them in MS Powerpoint
Is there any easy way how to use graphs created in MS Access 2000 in Powerpoint?Especially when I need to use about 20 of them. Is there any development in Office 2003? Oskar *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! Instead of creating the graphs in Access, perhaps you should use vba either (a) to open Powerpoint from within Access and create the graph by pushing data into a Powerpoint template of your own design or (b) start Powerpoint and open the Access database in code and pull the data into a graph. Eith...

How to access MS-Access metadata tables (eg MSysObjects)
Dear all, I have an MS-Access MDB-file with hundreds of tables and want to know when they were created and/or modified. The MS-Access metadata table MSySObjects includes this information, but I have not managed to read it from SAS. (CLI describe error tells me that I have no reading access) --> Does anybody have a working code example for this? I have tried the libname ACCESS and Libname ODBC variants. Regards Dietrich -- DIETRICH ALTE, Dipl.-Statistiker, Dr. rer. med. Wiss. Projektmanager "Study of Health in Pomerania (SHIP)" Institut f�r Community Medicine - SHIP/KEF EMA-Universit�t Greifswald - Medizinische Fakult�t Walther-Rathenau-Str. 48, D-17475 Greifswald, Germany URL ship.community-medicine.de Phone ++49(0)3834-867713, Fax ++49(0)3834-866684 ...

Web resources about - I get ODBC Timeout (#0) just trying to open a linked table in MS Access 2003 arghghghgh!!! - comp.databases.ms-access

2012 College Football Ranking: Blogpoll Top 25
Who are the Top 25 teams going into the 2012 college football season? Things have changed a bit since the last poll.