Importing data from an Excel spreadsheet into an MS Access database

I need to import data from a spreadsheet that is created new every day
into an MS Access database.  The data is in a workbook consisting of
multiple work sheets.

I plan to import using the TransferSpreadsheet method.  The name of
the spreadsheet will change every day, but the position of the data to
be imported will always be the same.

Here is my problem:  Having never used this method before, I am unsure
as to what to put in the Range parameter.  The Range is (let's say)
B26:L26 in a sheet labeled "TodayData".  How would I put that in the
Range parameter?  Help in VBA only shows how to import from a
spreadsheet with a single sheet.

I worked the problem out for myself.  FYI the range includes the
worksheet name thusly:  "sheet4!B26:K26"

costcontrol97@yahoo.com (Doug Beacher) wrote in message news:<50727121.0401211756.264e0841@posting.google.com>...
> I need to import data from a spreadsheet that is created new every day
> into an MS Access database.  The data is in a workbook consisting of
> multiple work sheets.
>
> I plan to import using the TransferSpreadsheet method.  The name of
> the spreadsheet will change every day, but the position of the data to
> be imported will always be the same.
>
> Here is my problem:  Having never used this method before, I am unsure
> as to what to put in the Range parameter.  The Range is (let's say)
> B26:L26 in a sheet labeled "TodayData".  How would I put that in the
> Range parameter?  Help in VBA only shows how to import from a
> spreadsheet with a single sheet.

MS Access Script to import data from external mde database to mdb database
Hi, Does anyone know of a way I can write a script that imports a table from a particular .mde file? I don't seen any obvious way to do it as a macro. Any suggestions if it can be done as a macro or as a written module? My ultimate goal is to have script that clears info out of 1 table in an .mdb file, imports an identically structured table from a .mde file, runs an append query I have in place to copy the data from the imported table to the table in my.mbd file, and then delete the imported table. Any help that could be provided would be greatly appreciated. Best wishes, George Hadley ghadley_00@yahoo.com With DBEngine(0)(0) .Execute "DELETE * FROM Suppliers WHERE SupplierID IN (SELECT SupplierID FROM Northwind.mde.Suppliers)" .Execute "INSERT INTO Suppliers SELECT * FROM Northwind.mde.Suppliers" End With Is this code I would run as a module? Yes or you could use the strings in two separate saved queries. ...

How to access data from an MS Excel sheet and import it to a MS Word using LabView?
Hello I would like to know how is it possible to access a specified data( for example row 1 ,column 2 to 5) in an Excel sheet and import it to a word document using LabView. Thanks You can interact with Office application through ActiveX, but you should be warned that it requires opening a lot of properties and going deep into the Office object hierarchy and this does not look nice in LabVIEW. If you open the example finder (Help&gt;&gt;Find Examples) and search for "ActiveX" or "Excel" you should find some examples on the basics of working with Excel. You can do the same with Word, so you can get your data from Excel and put it into Word. If you search here you should also find some threads dealing with this. To learn more about LabVIEW, I suggest you try searching this site and google for LabVIEW tutorials. <a href="http://cnx.rice.edu/content/col10241/latest/" target="_blank">Here</a>, <a href="http://zone.ni.com/devzone/learningcenter.nsf/03f7c60f17aad210862567a90054a26c/55974411828f779086256ce9007504bd" target="_blank">here</a>, <a href="http://www.mech.uwa.edu.au/jpt/tutorial/index.html" target="_blank">here</a>, <a href="http://www.iit.edu/~labview/Dummies.html" target="_blank">here</a> and <a href="http://www.upscale.utoronto.ca/GeneralInterest/LabView.html" target="_blank">here</a...

how to access data iin a MS Excel file using database components?
Can we read data in columns from an MS Excel file? It is possible to use the usual database components in the Delphi palete to read data in an excel file? but how? ...

Importing MS Access data into MS Word
In the thread "combining multiple address fields into 1 address field", Stuart (?) helped solve that problem. I then tried to set up a mail merge in Word to check how I could use and merge the data. I found the database tool bar and opened the appropriate database - but... I could not find a way to open a particular table or query in order to insert the fields from the query into Word. The procedure I followed was this: - open a blank word .doc - from the database tool bar selected "insert database" - a window opened, headed 'Database' and divided into 3 section: at the top a section titled "data source", a middle section titled "data options", a bottom section titled "insert the data into the document" - "under "data source" I clicked "get data" - a window headed 'Select data source' opened - I navigated to the relevant database (mobmem07.mdb) and selected it. - this added the database location to the "data source" part of the 'database' window - I then looked at the "query options" section I found I could not select a table or query from within the database I had opened. Word had merely defaulted to opening one of the two tables in it. The only querying I could do was on the table it had loaded from the functions Word provided. I could not find a way to open any other table let alone a query. Moreover, I couldn't see a wa...

Wanted
I am wanting to be able to write reports against an ms-access database that is part of another package. I only want to report from the database. What I need is a package that will allow me to create the reports and then be able to distribute a run-time version. The client may not have Office so the package must run standalone. It could get to the Access database through an ODBC driver. Does anyone know what packages available? It looks like Crystal Reports has taken out their runtime version with their latest software but that was only a footnote in a book that I was reading. Please provide me with a list to start researching. Thanks, Joe There used to be other third-party report writers, but I don't know how many have survived over the years -- Crystal Reports appears to have been the most popular of these packages. (It is the only one that I have observed closely in use, and I saw some impressive work done with it on web applications against SQL Server.) Unless the magnitude of the distributable would be a problem, you can create your reports in Access, and distribute the Access application to run them with Access' runtime support. You'll get the Access runtime support in the Office Developer Edition for Access 97 - 2002, and in the Visual Studio.NET Tools for Office 2003 System for Access 2003. If you have difficulties with deployment using only the Packaging and Distribution Wizard, you can use a third-party installer such as Wise InstallMaster or Instal...

access MS-Access database in C# Windows Application
Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application Blocks to access the database. I have tried 2 possible connection strings. ----------------------------------------- str_1 = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" + DBFilePath; str_2 = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" + DBFilePath; //SqlHelper is the class in the Microsoft Application Blocks SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery( str_1, CommandType.Text, SQL_str); ----------------------------------- The error message I got is: "Unknown connection option in connection string: driver." for str_1 and " Unknown connection option in connection string: provider." for str_2 So I am wondering, where is the problem? Is it because my connection string for MS Access is specified wrongly? Or is it because I cannot use SqlHelper to access the MS Access database? ( I have used SqlHelper class to access the MS SQL server, and it works) Your help will be greatly appreciated. James James wrote: > Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine > in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. > > But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application > Blocks to access the database. > > I have tried 2 possible connection strings. > > ----------------------------------------- > ...

MS Access Database
Hi, I am working on a database to keep track all the caller's info in the database. For example: After the user entered a caller's information in the database, and when that same caller called back again the second time and then some of their information and also the client id automatically appeared on the screen so that the user don't need to retype them again. I want to keep track of each record as new records. The Id and first name will be the same. When I run a report I can link them all together and knowing that this person had called in twice! Any suggesti...

Web resources about - Importing data from an Excel spreadsheet into an MS Access database - comp.databases.ms-access

Spreadsheet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A spreadsheet is an interactive computer application for organization, analysis and storage of data in tabular form. Spreadsheets are developed ...

Easy Spreadsheet Lite on the App Store on iTunes
Get Easy Spreadsheet Lite on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

I Love Spreadsheets - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore CraigMoulding's photos on Flickr. CraigMoulding has uploaded 3605 photos to Flickr.

Excel 97 Easter Egg - Turn Your Spreadsheet Into a Space Sim - YouTube
Yes, an easter egg in the most boring application of all time: Excel. When the easter egg starts, you're shown a outer-space 3D environment where ...

Sex between the spreadsheets: quick tips to reinvigorate the daily grind
... are from Venus. That’s even more of a given (but don’t say so because you know how they overreact). And the darkly hilarious marriage spreadsheet ...

A Husband Sent His Wife This Spreadsheet Of All The Times She Rejected Him For Sex
A husband fed up with his wife rejecting his sexual advances kept a spreadsheet of all of the excuses she gave him – and it has ended up on the ...

Sex and trouble between the spreadsheets
... are from Venus. That's even more of a given (but don't say so because you know how they overreact). And the darkly hilarious marriage spreadsheet ...

I'm not a spreadsheet with hair. It's me. I'm here: pop royalty Lorde
A couple of weeks ago I was up on a stage. This is not particularly wild news - I'm on stages pretty often. This stage in particular was long ...

Brekkie Wrap: Newtown killer had death spreadsheet; Hillary Clinton backs gay marriage
WHILE you were sleeping reports emerged that the Sandy Hook shooter kept a huge spreadsheet of mass murders and was determined to get the highest ...

How do you keep track of your dating life? Is this 'dating spreadsheet' creepy?
A lovelorn finance worker has learned the hard way that if you need a spreadsheet to keep track of all the women you're dating, it's best not ...