Input Box...Input Mask

Anyway to put an input mask for an input box?

*****CODE*****

Dim strPasswd

strPasswd = InputBox("Please Enter Password", "Password Protected Form")

*****CODE*****

Please.

Thanks.

"IronMan" <ThaKillaMC@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Anyway to put an input mask for an input box?

Nope.  You'd have to use a custom form instead.

--
I don't check the Email account attached
to this message.     Send instead to...

0
rickbrandt2 (2458)

Input @; and input @@;
Hi There, Can any help explain the use of the double @ after the input statement? Cheers Ben Start SAS, press F1, click the Index tab, enter @@ as keyword Good luck, John Hendrickx On 11 jul, 16:44, Metricsdude <bsj_ad...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi There, > > Can any help explain the use of the double @ after the input > statement? > > Cheers > Ben Both the @ and @@ can be found in the documentation if you search for the INPUT statement. Mark -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Metricsdude Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 8:24 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Input @; and input @@; On 11 Jul, 15:47, Mterje...@RUSSELL.COM ("Terjeson, Mark") wrote: > Hi Ben, > > Ya just missed it from yesterday, :o) > see if this gets you started:http://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0707B&L=sas-l&P=R21932 > > Hope this is helpful. > > Mark Terjeson > Senior Programmer Analyst, IM&R > Russell Investments > > Russell Investments > Global Leaders in Multi-Manager Investing > > > > -----Original Message----- > From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:S...@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of > > Metricsdude > Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 7:45 AM > To: S...@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: Input @; and input @@; > > Hi There, > > Can any help explain the use of the double @ after the input > statement? &...

hide the input box or change the color of input box in html
i want to hide the input box or change the color of input box in html so that it can't be visible . please tell me how? ashutosh wrote: > i want to hide the input box or change the color of input box in html > so that it can't be visible . > please tell me how? That's really a Javascript/HTML/CSS question, so you'd probably be better off asking in a different newsgroup, but... http://www.jguru.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=336107 On 16 Jun 2005 06:36:16 -0700, ashutosh wrote: > i want to .. So you mentioned on the other group. Please do not multi-post. <http:/...

hide the input box or change the color of input box in html
i want to hide the input box or change the color of input box so that it can't be visible . please tell me how? On 16 Jun 2005 06:34:44 -0700, ashutosh wrote: > Re: hide the input box or change the color of input box in html This is not a java question. Changing the rendering of HTML elements comes down to either the HTML istelf, or the styles applied to the HTML. For the former, see c.i.w.a.h.[1], for the latter - c.i.w.a.s.[2] [1] <http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html> [2] <http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.infosystems.www...

Off Topic: Width of text input box vs. password input box

I need to find a way snap the cursor into the input box for the prompt user for input express vi also need to hot key OK so that input is taken when [enter] is pressed
Message Edited by yak on 06-24-2008 04:39 PMMessage Edited by yak on 06-24-2008 04:40 PM Hi yak, you can write your own user input. To see how to do it, right click on your express vi and select -&gt; "Open Front Panel", now you can open the code. Add your functionality and save it with a new name.Hope it helps.Mike MikeS81 , &nbsp; I had already tried that and can see the user prompt VI to be modified, but don't know exacty how to get the cursor directed into the input text box.&nbsp; Is there anyway to get into the&nbsp;guts of read file&nbsp;utility?&nbsp; In that case, when a file is to be selected,&nbsp;the cursor is directed into the input window so the user does not have to click into it as I want to do with the modified user prompt.&nbsp; &nbsp; Thanks In the future, please keep the title to a very brief indication of the question (like "snap cursor to field in input box"). Making the title the entire message is quite annoying. To your last post: When you have a text entry box for the Prompt User Express VI the text entry box is automatically given focus. If you want the dialog box to accept pressing the Enter key on the keyboard then you have to do as Mike said and save the Express VI as your own VI, and then change the properties for the button. Specifically, you want to set the "toggling" in the Key Navigation tab. Check the LabVIEW Help for more. Note that the Express VI actually has 3 bu...

Input Mask in Access 97
I want to use an input mask to force the first letter of a field to be a capital, then have the rest of the field be as entered. By using the > sign before the first, then the < sign before the rest, I can almost accomplish this. However, this forces all the rest of the entry to lower case so I can't enter a name like McDonald. Any advice on how I can do this? Thanks. Bob On Thu, 20 May 2004 19:00:05 GMT, Bob wrote: > I want to use an input mask to force the first letter of a field to be a > capital, then have the rest of the field be as entered. By using the > sign > before the first, then the < sign before the rest, I can almost accomplish > this. However, this forces all the rest of the entry to lower case so I can't > enter a name like McDonald. Any advice on how I can do this? Thanks. > > Bob You are using a form for data entry, I hope. Don't bother with a mask. Let the user enter the name with or without the first letter capitalized. Code the Control's AfterUpdate event: [ControlName] = UCase(Left([ControlName],1)) & Mid([ControlName],2) mcDonald and McDonald becomes McDonald. -- Fred Please only reply to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal email. In article <112y7rudi1bbt.gb4ukznbgpqs.dlg@40tude.net>, fgutkind@example.invalid says... Fred, Thanks, your code works fine. I had to put it in a Macro because for some reason it doesn't work in an expression for my unbound control...

Access 97

Access Input Mask Code
I am working on a database someone else created. I need to modify the code for the order number field. I need the input mask to be "B-000000". It should allow for seven digits and a prefix of "B-". I would like to enter 123 and for the field to then read B-0000123. Any help would be greatly appreciated. CODE FROM FORM: Private Sub ordernumber_Change() Dim dummy As String Dim ilong As Long Static inthissub As Long If inthissub = 0 Then inthissub = -1 If dontmask = 0 Then If ordernumber.Text <> ordnmbrfromfile Then ilong = ordernumber.SelStart dummy = ordernumber.Text ilong = ilong + maskme(dummy, ordernumbermask) ordernumber.Text = dummy ordernumber.SelLength = 0 ordernumber.SelStart = ilongUse End If End If inthissub = 0 End If charcount.Caption = Len(ordernumber.Text) doesmatch0.Caption = matchornot(1) End Sub ORDERNUMBERMASK FUNCTION: Public Const ordernumbermask = "&-#######" MASKME FUNCTION: Public Function maskme(thisstring As String, ByVal delimiter As String) As Long Dim dummy As String Dim otherdummy As String Dim ii_delimiter As Long Dim ii_dummy As Long Dim ii_other As Long Dim jj As Long Dim counter As Long Dim maxlen As Long dummy = thisstring ii_delimiter = 1 ii_dummy = 1 ii_other = 1 If Left$(thisstring, 1) <> nomaskchar Then Do While ii_dummy <= Len(dummy) And ii_delimiter <= Len(delimite...

How to input interest flags for an access database
Hey there, I am creating an access database which stores information on websites, and i would like to create table that displays the interest flags. Basically i want to create a 5 X 9 table with both text, and a yes/no field. For example if the website is about cars, i would check the tick box in the car box. Im sure you can visualise a 2d table with different interests in each box, which includes a tick box. Now i want to include the entire table for each website. So each website would have a 2d table that flags the different interests retaining to the specific website. Is it possible to do this with access? any help would be much appreciated thanks adham I am sure that it is possible. adham wrote: >Hey there, > >I am creating an access database which stores information on websites, >and i would like to create table that displays the interest flags. >Basically i want to create a 5 X 9 table with both text, and a yes/no >field. For example if the website is about cars, i would check the >tick box in the car box. Im sure you can visualise a 2d table with >different interests in each box, which includes a tick box. Now i want >to include the entire table for each website. So each website would >have a 2d table that flags the different interests retaining to the >specific website. > >Is it possible to do this with access? > >any help would be much appreciated > >thanks >adham -- Message posted via http://www.accessmo...

User input masks
Is there anyay to use input masks in python? Similar to the function found in access where a users input is limited to a type, length and format. So in my case I want to ensure that numbers are saved in a basic format. 1) Currency so input limited to 000.00 eg 1.00, 2.50, 13.80 etc For sports times that is time duration not a system or date times should I assume that I would need to calculate a user input to a decimal number and then recalculate it to present it to user? So an example, sorry. import time #not sure if this is any use minute = input("How many minutes: &qu...

Access skipping parameter input box
I have a parameter query in Access 97 that working for 99% of my users. But for 2 of them, when they run it, it skips over the input box (they never see it) and simply returns an empty set. I can't find anything different with their setup and everyone elses. I have checked all of the options in Access itself as well as the language/date format in the control panel. All of the boxes are running XP. I would appreciate any help with this. gritter55@comcast.net wrote: > I have a parameter query in Access 97 that working for 99% of my users. > But for 2 of them, when they run it, it skips over the input box (they > never see it) and simply returns an empty set. I can't find anything > different with their setup and everyone elses. I have checked all of > the options in Access itself as well as the language/date format in the > control panel. All of the boxes are running XP. I would appreciate > any help with this. > There are several options you should try: - Try 'Repair database' (somewhere in the Tools-menu) - Open the access frontend from the command line, with the decompile switch (example: C:\Program Files\...\MSACCESS.EXE D:\MyApp.mdb /decompile) - If both the above options fail, try copying the SQL-text of the query to notepad, then delete the query. Close Access, then open Access again and create the query. (this one saved my app once) Thank you for the reply. Sorry if I wasn't clear in my original posting. Th...

How to refer to a value of an input box within the <input...> tag?
Hi, I want to put a value in a cookie. The following code does not work. It does not store the box1.value in the cookie. How can I fix it? <input type="text" name="box1" onblur=document.cookie="user=" + box1.value> Chris In article <4c22a744.0310171323.12e16e83@posting.google.com>, yma@kicon.com enlightened us with... > Hi, > > I want to put a value in a cookie. The following code does not work. > It does not store the box1.value in the cookie. How can I fix it? > <input type="text" name="box1" onblur=do...

how to forbid an apostrophe in text box (input mask?)
To prevent future apostrophe bugs and errors, isn't it just simpler to forbid an apostrophe from being entered into a text field? For example, couldn't "Alice's Restaurant" be changed to "Alices Restaurant" etc. automatically and programmatically during data entry? This would eliminate my concatinated strings from producing errors when I base the string on a query. Think this is an example of the "Dreaded Apostrophe Bug." If I enter a double apostrophe I still get the error in the StrSQL. Also, it appears in the field as a double apostrophe which is uglier than a missing apostrophe. This is for a simple phone book. Ideas? Should I post the code? Thanks. Rich Hollenbeck You can destroy the apostrophy keystroke if you set each form's KeyPreview to Yes, and in the KeyPress event of the form test if KeyAscii is 39, and if so set it to zero. That's probably too restrictive to apply application wide, though: The O'Brians won't be happy. It's difficult to accept users' comments. A better idea is to always use double-quotes for your delimiters. You just have to double them up if they are embedded so that VBA knows it's not the end of the string, e.g.: "This has a ""word"" in quotes." If you want to block the double-quote character, you can probably get away with that. It's rarely used in data, other than as a simple for inches. The following code replaces...

Best Way to mask input into a entry box
I did a search for tcl/tk mask entry password with no good results. I have a couple of ideas but I am wondering if there is already a published way to mask input into a entry .ft.1 box? TIA. Keith -- Best Regards, Keith http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/ Tired of Google Groups? Free Usenet Access & Programs http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/usenet.html On Sun, Apr 18 2010, Keith wrote: > I did a search for tcl/tk mask entry password > with no good results. I have a couple of ideas but I am wondering if > there is already a published way to ma...

VI Inputting data into MS Access? Why does this VI not work? Suggestions?
Hello, &nbsp; Any suggestions on why my VI does not work. It basically gets slope/y-intercept and is supposed to input it into Access.&nbsp; The vi for getting slope/ y-intercept works, but getting the input into a table in MS Access is not. &nbsp; Suggestions? &nbsp; Thanks. &nbsp; Enclosed attachment. Inserting data into msaccess.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/155137/1/Inserting data into msaccess.vi Just to explain more clearly: &nbsp; The goal is get the data to be written into the database of MS Access. &nbsp; &nbsp; ex1.doc: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/155148/1/ex1.doc I do not have any of the DB related subvi's.&nbsp; There may be issues with those, but I cannot tell. Looking at the picture, you need to disable indexing on the ref# and error tunnels leading to the DB close (?) subvi.&nbsp; You cannot wire the input of the T/F array&nbsp; indicator to the input of the bundle. Off-hand, I see things from the picture that might cause problems. The error cluster wire is supposed to pass through a shift register. In a for loop situation you must do this to allow the first error to shunt the rest of the loop iterations when there is an error. Thanks.&nbsp; The shift register suggestion worked.&nbsp; Great explanation--- very direct Second, the loop counter might possibly be the primary key of the table (the ID field). If you are writing to the same table over distinct executions of th...

input boxes
Hi everybody, I'm using the impixel command to select points in a figure.Does anyone know how can I write down a code so as every time I select a point to make a dialog box appear where I can declare the value of some other variables.Until now I managed to appear the dialog boxes after the selection of the points with this code: eik=imread('map4.tif'); [c,r,P]=impixel(eik); C=[c,r]; for i=1:length(C) prompt(i) = {'Enter demand of city :'}; dlg_title = 'City Demand'; num_lines= 1; def = {''}; answer(i,1) = inputdlg(prompt(i),dlg_title,...

input: error when input is text
Hello, I need to write a program which takes input from user - input must be a number...I have a program which makes sure that entered data is a positive nonzero number and after 3 unsuccessful tries, program ends. Now I want to make sure that same can happen when user input text instead of a number... as of right now - when text is entered, I get an error ???Undefined function or variable 'text' and it goes into endless loop if a user keep on entering text instead of number. i want the program to end after 3 tries when anything other than positive, nonzero value is entered. how can ...

Input Box
Hi, I've created an input box: InputBox("Please enter the raise percentage.", "Raise Percentage", "") Now, I just want to simply have the user enter the raise percentage, when he does this, that number will go into a: uiMessageLabel How can I do this? "Uifz" <nospam@invalid> wrote in message news:kGmUc86PdpOrYtrSnospam@invalid... > Hi, I've created an input box: > InputBox("Please enter the raise percentage.", "Raise Percentage", "") > Now, I just want to simply have the user enter the ra...

Re: Input @; and input @@; #2
Both the @ and @@ can be found in the documentation if you search for the INPUT statement. Mark -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Metricsdude Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 8:24 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Input @; and input @@; On 11 Jul, 15:47, Mterje...@RUSSELL.COM ("Terjeson, Mark") wrote: > Hi Ben, > > Ya just missed it from yesterday, :o) > see if this gets you started:http://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0707B&L=sas-l&P=R21932 > > Hope this is helpful. > > Mark Terjeson > Senior Programmer Analyst, IM&R > Russell Investments > > Russell Investments > Global Leaders in Multi-Manager Investing > > > > -----Original Message----- > From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:S...@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of > > Metricsdude > Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 7:45 AM > To: S...@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: Input @; and input @@; > > Hi There, > > Can any help explain the use of the double @ after the input > statement? > > Cheers > Ben- Hide quoted text - > > - Show quoted text - Thanks,,,,, The @'s didn't appear in the help......... ...

Access 97 Input Mask as Password wont select all the characters
I have an Access 97 form with a text box bound to a field in a table, I have set the Input Mask to Password. When I select the box by clicking on it or dragging the mouse over it, all the characters are selected except the last one on the right hand side. It seems the only way to select all the characters is to Tab to it. Does anyone have a fix for this? Thanks ...

Microsoft Office Access database engine cannot find the input table or query
I am using Allen Browne's MS Access audit log utility from 2006 I am using it to log new record addition and edits to selected tables in my app. Installation was straightforward and it has been working for several months. Users run a MDE front end built in Access 2003. Users mostly run Access 2003 but a few are now using 2007. My app has been running well for three years. Recently I noticed the following error from the edit subroutines "Microsoft Office Access database engine cannot find the input table or query" The target tables DO exist! What is confusing that this same process works correctly, without error, for most of the 40 users of the system. I have 2 users which get this error when changing one table and another user who gets this error when changing a different table. But there are lots of users editing the same tables where no error is thrown and the before/after gets appropriately logged. I have made sure that these users encountering the error ARE using the most current version of the software. The front end they used is updated every time they start the FE. Has anyone encountered this before? bob ...

how to use DB toolkit to input string >255 into ACCESS Database
I am converting an existing LV-Application from LV5.1.1 w/SQL toolkit to LV7.1 with DB-Conn. Toolkit.&nbsp; One of the tables in my MS-Access database has a field of TYPE=memo (allows string lengths &gt; 255 characters).&nbsp; I can't seem to find how to insert this field in the DB-table&nbsp;using the "DB Tools Insert Data.VI" without getting an error.&nbsp; I have tried converting the input string to a [U8] array, but that also doesn't work.&nbsp; Just inputing the long string (390-chrs) also gives an error.&nbsp; Reducing the string length to &a...

Input
Hello, Is there a way to apply a style to only certain inputs (text inputs)? I need to apply a width to text inputs but not to radio or check boxes. Thanks, Miguel shapper wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a way to apply a style to only certain inputs (text inputs)? Look up attribute selector and then be disappointed it fails in IE6 and is buggy in IE7. Jeff > > I need to apply a width to text inputs but not to radio or check > boxes. > > Thanks, > Miguel > =A0 =A0Look up attribute selector and then be disappointed it fails in I...

Web resources about - Input Box...Input Mask - comp.databases.ms-access

Punched card input/output - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... 650 computer, introduced in 1953 came with the IBM 533 Card Reader/Punch, right. At many 650 installations, punched cards were the only input ...

Facebook Survey Seeks Input On ‘Four Steps To Business Success,’ Advertising Best Practices
Facebook posted a link to a five-question survey on its Facebook Marketing page , seeking insight on how page administrators are using its “ ...

Public Input Period for Louisville's Transportation Initiative Ends on Monday - 89.3 WFPL
Monday is the last day for the public to submit ideas and comments on the proposals from Move Louisville, an initiative to increase mobility ...

Scratch — Your Quick-Input Notepad on the App Store on iTunes
Get Scratch — Your Quick-Input Notepad on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

TV input and safe - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
The TV has real composite video in. The safe allows you to set a code, and has an outlet inside it. I guess they want you to put your laptop ...

Mega Man X and X2 - Multitask Challenge (Simultaneous Runs, Same Input) - YouTube
Both games played simultaneously with the same input. I love a challenge, so I proposed this synchronized playthrough to myself. It's not a fully ...

Scott Fardy calls for less video ref input as controversial sin bin hurts Brumbies against Waratahs
ACT Brumbies foward Scott Fardy says he was "genuinely trying to intercept" a pass which resulted in him controversially being sent to the sin ...

Piazza Research defends the government's input into tram poll questions
... covered, says Piazza Research. Piazza Research has strongly defended the way it came up with tram polling questions, saying government input ...

Closing the Gap 'doomed to fail' without more Indigenous input, activist Patrick Dodson says
Aboriginal leaders are calling for a new compact with Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull amid warnings that the Government's signature Closing the ...

Chinese premier announces input of 20 mln AUD to continue MH370 search
Chinese premier announces input of 20 mln AUD to continue MH370 search