Insert zero before number(as a first character) of type text

Hi:
Is there any way by which i insert 0 before the value by query. I have
a table contains 10,000 records and because of some reason i need to
move 0 before number of field Tech_ID. Type of field is Text.

Thank You.

Do you want to permmanently change the field values? If so you can build an
update query in the query builder (go to query menu and choose update
query). Choose the field Tech_ID and set the "update to" field to be:  "0" &
[Tech_ID].
If you don't want the changes to be permanent, you could just make a select
query with a field called something like "modifiedTech_ID" and define it as
"0" & [Tech_ID]. Then you could use this query in place of the table.
-John

<colleen1980@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
> Is there any way by which i insert 0 before the value by query. I have
> a table contains 10,000 records and because of some reason i need to
> move 0 before number of field Tech_ID. Type of field is Text.
>
> Thank You.

0
John
9/2/2006 11:47:27 PM
colleen1980@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi:
> Is there any way by which i insert 0 before the value by query. I have
> a table contains 10,000 records and because of some reason i need to
> move 0 before number of field Tech_ID. Type of field is Text.
>
> Thank You.

In the querybuilder enter something like
	NewTechID : "0" & TechID
0
oil (4047)

Get the real type of columns from MS Access databases(OLEObject, text, memo, numeric)
Hello, I made one application that opens MS Access databases.And I have one problem.How can I find the real data type of columns(text, memo, OLEObject, numeric) like it is into Access.I tried with resultSetMetaData.getColumnType(columnIndex) but I receive java.sql.Types.I have two columns that contains OLEObjects(images).But I receive two different types for columns : VARCHAR once, and for second column SMALLINT.I only want to see the types like in Access(OLEObjects, Text, Numeric, Memo...).Thanks in advance! Best regards, Calin Pop ...

Inserting a picture in an ms access database.
I want to insert a picture in a ms access table using VB6. I also want to see the stored picture using an image control in a form. What should be the coding ? gabs wrote: > I want to insert a picture in a ms access table using VB6. I also want to > see the stored picture using an image control in a form. What should be > the coding ? > Would it not be more efficient to just store the *path* to the picture in the database, rather than the whole picture itself? You're asking for one *HUGE* database file if you store a lot of pictures in it... ...

Check the first character if its not zero then insert otherwise not
Can any one please help me how to i check the first character in a variable. If user dont put 0 in the start of a variable the program automatically insert zero before the number otherwise not. mynumber=1234-6565-75 of type text will be mynumber=01234-6565-75 Thanks, colleen1980@gmail.com wrote: > Can any one please help me how to i check the first character in a > variable. If user dont put 0 in the start of a variable the program > automatically insert zero before the number otherwise not. > > mynumber=1234-6565-75 of type text > > will be > mynumber=01234-6565-75 > > Thanks, > In the AfterUpdate event of the field, do something like If Left(Me.FieldName,1) <> "0" THen Me.FieldName = "0" & Me.FieldName Endif You could also use an input mask. Open up the property sheet and go to the Data tab. Click on Input mask and press the F1 key. ...

Inserting Date/Time into MS Access Database
I'm trying to insert a timestamp into an MS Access Database using the Labview database connectivity toolset.&nbsp; However, I keep getting an error saying that the parameter is in the incorrect format.&nbsp; I'm using the "DB Tools Format DateTime String.vi", and it doesn't seem to be working. Hello, I don't have the answer to your question, but.... How did you get information to be written into MS Access from labview. Thanks. If you are using this function to create the date but using SQL to put the date into the DB, this is probably the cause of your problem, because the VI adds a header to your string which is removed later by the parser. If you want to use this date in an SQL command, you should build it yourself or remove the header. &nbsp; As for roboticstudent, just look at the examples in the example finder to see how to interact with databases. I tried it both ways.&nbsp; I tried using the format date/time into string where it would return "11/7/05 8:22:34 PM", which I then tried to insert in to the DB, but to no avail.&nbsp; I even tried various formats, changing the order of the numbers, etc., but it doesn't seem to work. It would be easiest if you post your code, or at least an image of it. Also, which error exactly are you getting? Is it possible you're trying to enter a string into a numeric field (for example)? If I define a date\time field in Access and then use Insert Data (with the LV format...

character limitation on Insert statement for MS Access?
Hi, (1) I have an access form that allows users to enter data, and when they click a button, the OnClick code that I've written uses a SQL INSERT statement to insert the data into the database. I come from a web programming background, so please forgive me if there is some better approach to use in Access to accomplish this. My problem is that when users type in more than 512 characters (in a Memo field) and click the button, only the first 512 chars actually make it into the database, trailed by a couple odd characters like squares and other funky symbols. I'm trying to find the ro...

Inserting Date/Time into MS Access Database #2
Hi All I am using Labview 8.0. I am able to write the Date in MS Access but i am not able to read it through Labview. In my case i have to read the data where Start Date=02/10/2007 and End Date= 23/10/2007. I am using this command - SELECT*From Table_Name Where Date between '02/10/2007' AND '23/10/2007'&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; but i am getting error - Error -2147217887 occurred at Conn Execute.vi-&gt;Untitled 2.vi Possible reason(s):Exception occured in Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers: ODBC driver does not support the requested properties. in Conn Execute.vi-&gt;Untitled 2.vi Please give suggestion to read the data. regards J ...

how to get the specified number of records from ms access database
Hi there, Can anybody help me in, how to get the specified number of (say 35 at a time) from ms acess database. Please let me know the steps or idea. Thanks dhaniram@gmail.com wrote: > Hi there, > > Can anybody help me in, how to get the specified number of (say 35 at a > time) from ms acess database. Please let me know the steps or idea. > > Thanks > e.g. select top 35 * from table -- [Oo=w=oO] ...

How to import a tab delimited text file into MS Access database
Hi, I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. I have a tab delimited text file that needs to be imported into a MS Access table. The table is created and the table structure is defined using DAO methods. So now I have to fill this table with the data in the text files. For a few rows in the text file, the number of columns could be less than the number of columns in the table. Can anyone please post me the code to do this. Thanks a ton in advance. Pradeep wrote: > I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. We'd be happy to give you the VBA code, but do you really want to throw away your C++ and use Microsoft Access for the job? If you want to keep C++, you can ask for C++ code in another newsgroup, because we'd just be guessing. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

how do you update a java.sql.date type in an ms access database
when i update a row in an access database the date field does not update to the correct date it brings up some funny date which i dont know where it comes from. Below is the method i use to update. maybe the date types are not compatable? thanks in advance, public static void bookIN(int custID, int rNumber,java.sql.Date bkInDate ){ try { Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); String filename = "hotelDB.mdb"; String database = "jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ="; database+= filename.trim() + ";DriverID=22;READONLY=true}"; Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection( database ,"",""); int yes = 1; Statement s = con.createStatement(); s.executeUpdate("update Rooms set CustomerId ="+custID+",BookINDate ="+ bkInDate +",Occupied = "+yes+" where RoomNo = "+rNumber+" "); s.close(); con.close(); } catch (Exception err) { System.out.println("ERROR: " + err); } } "chose" wrote... > when i update a row in an access database the date field > does not update to the correct date it brings up some > funny date which i dont know where it comes from. It comes from db's attempt to parse an invalid date-string... In Access/Jet,...

Inserting value from MS Word into MS Access
If there are any enlightend souls out there that can help me, I would greatly appreciate it. I would like to use a macro to take a value and add it to an access database. I am having a problem with the very first line of code, Dim myDatabase as Database, the system does not recognize the Database object. PLEASE if there is anyone out there that has a piece of code that sends info from a word file into a access database... send it to me. I will Love you forever. Evan wrote: > If there are any enlightend souls out there that can help me, I would > greatly appreciate it. I would like to use a macro to take a value and > add it to an access database. > > I am having a problem with the very first line of code, > Dim myDatabase as Database, the system does not recognize the Database > object. Add a reference to DAO or use an Object variable and late bind it (set db=CreateObject("DAO.Database"), although the first way will give you intellisense. -- \\\\\\ \\ \\ Windows is searching \ \ For your sig. \ \ Please Wait. \__\ mmm, I am sorry - I am really new at this... I have added the ADO reference, and I want to execute this SQL - "insert into documents (title) values ('testTitle')" How do I write the actual code, I had it before but then I deleted the wrong file... now I am back at square one Evan wrote: > mmm, I am sorry - I am really new at this... I have added the ADO > referenc...

Joining Text Type with Memo Type = Funny Characters
Hi, when i am joining on a Column of Text Type with one of Memo type the resulting entry has funny chinese characters! Has anyone else encountered this before? Is there a cure?? Cheers. Funny characters and Chinese characters are completely different symptoms. I have no idea what "Memo Type" is, but did you check the keyboard language property on the control? jason.teen@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > when i am joining on a Column of Text Type with one of Memo type > the resulting entry has funny chinese characters! > > Has anyone else encountered this before? > > Is there a cure?? > > Cheers. Sorry yes you are right. Its just funny characters, but some just look asian.. I'm not sure why. Memo Type. In MS Access if you make a new table in the field types you can select either "Text" or "Memo" which just allowed you to hold more than 255 characters Thanks J wrote: > Funny characters and Chinese characters are completely different > symptoms. > > I have no idea what "Memo Type" is, but did you check the keyboard > language property on the control? > > > > jason.teen@gmail.com wrote: > > Hi, > > > > when i am joining on a Column of Text Type with one of Memo type > > the resulting entry has funny chinese characters! > > > > Has anyone else encountered this before? > > > > Is there a cure?? > > > > Cheers....

reading in file with text and numbers to be able to access numbers
Hi. I am trying to read in a file that was created by another application. The first two lines of this file are composed of text that I don't need. Following are 100 lines of numbers that I do need. Any idea on how to load this file without making an overly specific script? The number of rows of numbers the other application generates varies. Thank you for any tips! Look at the TEXTREAD function. One of the options is 'headerlines', to tell it the number of lines to skip at the beginning of the file. So you would do something like this: n = textread('myfile.txt','...

Old ms-access file, showing wrong text in access xp
Dear sirs: I've one old .mdb file ( since 97). now when I open it, it converts most of text to strange unicode characters. can I stop this conversion and ask access to just show original non-unicode characters? Thanks Bijan ...

Web resources about - Insert zero before number(as a first character) of type text - comp.databases.ms-access

Dilbert (character) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dilbert is a fictional character and the main character and protagonist of the Dilbert comic strip . He is a white collar office worker who has ...

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey says social network isn’t raising 140-character limit on tweets
Twitter upgraded its private Direct Messaging feature last year to increase the character limit from 140 to 10,000 characters, but CEO Jack Dorsey ...

Twitter’s Character Limit Will Stay 140 — Not Expand to 10,000
Despite rumblings of a 10,000-character limit on Twitter, the company’s CEO told The Today Show that the 140-character limit is here to stay. ...

Twitter CEO finally confirms whether or not the 140 character limit is going away
... life into the social networking service, Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey earlier this year floated the idea that Twitter might increase the 140 character ...

'Daredevil' star Charlie Cox explains why the show's newest character will change everything
Netflix's hit Marvel series "Daredevil" introduces a new character on its second season, which launched on Friday. And with the addition, the ...

'Games of Thrones' book characters ages - Business Insider
Sansa, Daenerys and Arya are way younger than you think.

Jennifer Garner’s bawdy Oscar dress bathroom story: out of character?
... but listen, I want you to give it a good college try!’” [From US Magazine] After that she talked about her movie. Yes this is out of character ...

Twitter keeping 140-character limit on tweets after all
Despite rumors to the contrary, it looks like Twitter won't be letting users bloviate endlessly via tweets. The 140-character limit isn't going ...

UN names Angry Birds character Red to tackle climate change
UNITED NATIONS (AP) — Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on Friday named Red, the starring animated character in the soon-to-be-released "The Angry ...

Twitter’s Jack Dorsey takes on censorship, trolls and the140-character limit
... Twitter co-founder and CEO Jack Dorsey said the company doesn't censor users' tweets, and the company's not doing away with the 140-character ...