Intercepting error Access error messages

Is it possible to intercept an error message, generated by Access, and
replace it with your own warning.  For example entering a duplicate entry
for a key field?

Thanks

Geoff

0
gfriar (25)

Use the Before Update event of the control in the form to check for
duplicate.
Set Cancel = true, undo the edit and output a message if there is an error.
There are example in Access help under beforeupdate.

"Geoff" <gfriar@freenetname.co.uk> wrote in message
> Is it possible to intercept an error message, generated by Access, and
> replace it with your own warning.  For example entering a duplicate entry
> for a key field?
>

> Thanks
>
> Geoff

0
paii (418)
3/2/2007 7:54:05 PM
Check out the Form_OnError event.
-Tom.

Well, you can definitely write VBA code to intercept Access errors and do
your own thing in response to them instead of, or in addition to, whatever
Access was going to do.  So sure, you could display your own message instead
of Access'.

In addition -- I've never done this, but I'm pretty sure I've read about
it -- you can register your own error numbers and error descriptions.  So I
suppose once you've done that, you can intercept Access' error and Raise
your own.  But I repeat, I've never done it so I don't know what the
problems might be.

---
Bob Bridges, rhbridg@attglobal.net, cell 336 382-7313
  (hotel) 612 869-7704 xt 118, fax 612 869-7383

/* A crooked politician may be faithful to his wife, but a man who deceives
his own wife can't be relied on to deal honestly with the public.  We have
been getting this backward lately.  We've been assuming that you can have
public virtue without private virtue.  -Joseph Sobran, 1998 */

--- "Geoff" <gfriar@freenetname.co.uk> wrote in message
> Is it possible to intercept an error message, generated by Access, and
> replace it with your own warning.  For example entering a duplicate entry
> for a key field?

0
rhbridg (8)

MS Access 2.0 "reserved error -1302 There is no message for this error"
Hi, Folks! I am trying to resurrect a copy of MS Access 2.0 (MS Office 4.3) under WFW v3.11. I cannot start up Access because of a couple of error messages (paraphrased): 1. Opening Access: "Cannot open SYSTEM.MDA, file exclusively locked" 2. When I try to join SYSTEM.MDA in Workgroup Administrator it goes through okay but Access comes up with the same error message. 3. When trying to create a new SYSTEM.MDA file in Workgroup Administrator: "Reserved Error (-1302)..." What the Fudge!?! Does anyone know what's going on? Does anyone know how it can be fixed? A...

Error Message Help "Error Accessing File"
Hello, I don't understand this error message." Error accessing File. Network Connection may have been lost." I'm not using any network connection for the database. In the VBA editor is goes to "Private Sub Form_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)". I have been making a bunch of changes and I'm sure I have done something to corrupt this mdb but I don't know where to start of this one. I hope there is help for me... Thanks Norris x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com x-- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups x-- Access to o...

Error Writing to MS Access Database with Replication
Greetings, I have a Microsoft Access database that is replicated accross several computers using the built-in Access replication technology. Access replication supports automatically synchronizing updates that have been applied separately to each copy of the database. When replication is enabled in MS Access, a number of "system" columns are added to every table in the database in order to facilitate the synchronization database. Note that these columns are not visible by default within MS Access. I would like to insert new rows into one of the tables in this database using PROC SQL. The statements that I am using to perform this function worked fine before replication was enabled on the database. After replication was enabled, I now receive an error which indicates that SAS is attempting to modify the contents of the replication system columns. SAS should NOT be doing this, as the contents of these columns are automatically maintained by MS Access, and are protected against modification by external applications. The code that I am using, and the error message that I receive are provided below. Can anyone advise of a simple solution to this problem? Perhaps some other option to the libname statement or connect string that I have overlooked...? Thanks, s/KAM 508 %let MJFile=\\Speedy\D\Program Files\MJ Systems \LogSleuth2\Database\LogSleuth.mdb; <snip> 525 libname MJ ODBC noprompt="uid=admin;pwd=&MJPW;dsn=MS Access Database;DBQ=&MJ...

Error Message: "Error accessing product object method"
We get the Error message "Error accessing product object method" when we execute the following Lotus Script instruction: Call outlineTW.Save() in an agent. Our developer uses the Notes 5 Designer and those who have problems use the Notes 6 clients. Could it be the cause of the prolem? Or else: any help please? Hi Lucky Luke, > We get the Error message "Error accessing product object method" when > we execute the following Lotus Script instruction: Call > outlineTW.Save() in an agent. What type of object is outlineTW? I'm writing a script lib...

Error when using Microsoft Data Access Objects (DAO) to interface with MS Access
MATLAB doesn't seem to like several of the methods available with some MIcrosoft Data Access Objects (DAO). >> DBName = 'C:\CourseTechnology\86092-1d\Access\Brief\Case1\Videos.mdb'; >> SQLServer = DBInitialize; >> TableName = 'Client'; >> Data = DB.OpenRecordset(['SELECT * FROM ' TableName ';']); >> DB.TableDefs(TableName) ??? Index exceeds matrix dimensions. >> td = DB.CreateTableDef td = Interface.Microsoft_DAO_3.6_Object_Library._TableDef >> dbstr = ';DATABASE=C:\CourseTechnology\86092...

Error message: 'error accessing file network connections may have been lost'
After working up an Access2000 database in Windows XP Pro over two months I am quite suddenly getting an error when attempting to open up forms. The error reads 'error accessing file network connections may have been lost' I would be most grateful for help as I until I solve this one I will not be confident opening up other databases on my machine which still seem to be working properly and I need to get on with finishing the errant application (Just in case it is relevant I installed Office XP with Access 2002 a week ago but this database has not been opened up on it. It may be a c...

E2900 error on boot: TL = 1, TT = 32. ERROR: Data Access Error -- Help??
Can someone help decipher this error below? Had Sun CE install 32Gb memory into 2 system boards (64Gb total), and now we are getting this error. We tried powering it back up with each system board individually, and get same error no matter which board is in, or both. So we're pretty sure it's not a single dimm that is the problem Sun Fire E2900 OpenFirmware version 5.19.4 (01/19/06 18:06) Copyright 2006 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. Use is subject to license terms. SmartFirmware, Copyright (C) 1996-2001. All rights reserved. 32768 MB memory installed, TL = 1, TT = 32....

E2900 error on boot: TL = 1, TT = 32. ERROR: Data Access Error -- Help?? #2
Can someone help decipher this error below? Had Sun CE install 32Gb memory into 2 system boards (64Gb total), and now we are getting this error. We tried powering it back up with each system board individually, and get same error no matter which board is in, or both. So we're pretty sure it's not a single dimm that is the problem Sun Fire E2900 OpenFirmware version 5.19.4 (01/19/06 18:06) Copyright 2006 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. Use is subject to license terms. SmartFirmware, Copyright (C) 1996-2001. All rights reserved. 32768 MB memory installed, TL = 1, TT = 3...

(assert-error) tests errors and error messages
I wrote (assert-error) to make sure that a function generates an error, and verify the error message. What do you think? Below is the definition and a few test cases, for Emacs 22.1.50. (require 'cl) (defmacro assert-error (form &optional regexp) "FORM must signal an error. Signal an error otherwise. Additionally, the error message must match REGEXP. Case is ignored while matching REGEXP." (let ((msg (make-symbol "msg")) (ok (make-symbol "ok")) (res (make-symbol "res"))) `(let ((,ok nil)) (condition-case err ;; Evaluate FORM and save the result. (set ',res ,form) (error ;; This runs when FORM signals an error of any kind. (set ',ok t) (set ',msg (error-message-string err)))) (unless ,ok (error "Did not signal an error: %s (returned %s)" ',form ,res)) (when ,regexp ;; Here we know that FORM signaled an error, and that the ;; caller wants to check the error message. (unless (let ((case-fold-search t)) (string-match ,regexp ,msg)) (error "Error message does not match \"%s\": \"%s\"" ,regexp ,msg)))))) ;; Test assert-error, mostly by running it against itself. (assert-error (assert-error nil) "did not signal.*nil") (assert-error (assert-error t) "\\bt\\b") (as...

cannot delete file
cannot delete file - http://LongPathTool.com can fix it Do you have error messages?, like : Path too long. Error cannot delete file: cannot read from source file or disk Cannot delete file: Access is denied There has been a sharing violation. Cannot delete file or folder The file name you specified is not valid or too long. Specify a different file name. The source or destination file may be in use. The file is in use by another program or user. Error Deleting File or Folder Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use. Error Copy...

cannot delete file
cannot delete file - http://LongPathTool.com can fix it Do you have error messages?, like : Path too long. Error cannot delete file: cannot read from source file or disk Cannot delete file: Access is denied There has been a sharing violation. Cannot delete file or folder The file name you specified is not valid or too long. Specify a different file name. The source or destination file may be in use. The file is in use by another program or user. Error Deleting File or Folder Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use. Error Copy...

url access error:ERROR: 10060
Hello all, I have been tinkering with an url access program which was posted on the SAS-L quite a while ago..I had it working fine up until about a week ago when i started encountering a the error (ERROR: 10060 - WSAETIMEDOUT). i had not changed the program at all, and am not sure why all of a sudden i am getting this..below please find the log of the program with error..any advice? Thanks, nevin NOTE: AUTOEXEC processing completed. 1 %let zip=71104; 2 %let dates=2004/01/01-2004/12/31; 3 4 %let url=http://www.wunderground.com/history/zipcode/&zip/ 5 %substr(&dates,1,...

Access 97 to XP Access Conversion Error
I recently created a new database in Access 2002. I took data from an access 97 database converted one of the tables to access 2002 and then imported it into a new table in access 2002. but for some strange reason, every once in a while the data changes to Japanese characters, it only happens once in a while, but once it happens that record is lost. i have tried everything compacting, importing to a new database, new table...What is causing this strange behavior? Mitchell Thomas wrote: > I recently created a new database in Access 2002. I took data from an > access 97 database conv...

How To Accessing C++ Class objects in C : getting error fatal error C1189: #error : "eh.h is only for C++!"
hi , i am Getting this Error fatal error C1189: #error : "eh.h is only for C++!" my Problem is i am Having C++ librabry and Appropriate .h file i want to Access Them is .c File Files..... to Be More Specific i am Creating a C++ Object in a C file... this Giving me the error!!! :( can Any Body Please Help me How to Access the C++ object in C file... Thanks In Advance :) Hi, > How to Access the C++ object in C file... Please have a look at the following page http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/mixing-c-and-cpp.html Regards On Jan 7, 11:17=A0am, "sachinv1...@gmail.com" <sachinv1...@gmail.com> wrote: > hi , > i am Getting this Error > fatal error C1189: #error : "eh.h is only for C++!" > my Problem is i am Having C++ librabry and Appropriate .h file > i want to Access Them is .c File Files..... > to Be More Specific i am Creating a C++ Object in a C file... > this Giving me the error!!! :( > > can Any Body Please Help me > > How to Access the C++ object in C file... > Thanks In Advance :) In general, you can't. You can provide a procedural interface instead, and declare it in a header file like this: #ifdef __cplusplus extern "C" { #endif void some_function(int, char*, double); // or whatever #ifdef __cplusplus } #endif This can then be included from both C and C++. On Jan 7, 4:32=A0pm, tragomaskhalos <dave.du.verg...@logicacmg.com> wrote: > On Jan 7, 11:17=A0am, "...

Error on query in MS Access
I have tables linked to an archive. I have a query built with parameters that prompt the user for input. I receive the following error after input (46972): "Reserved error (-2029); there is no message for this error." When I run the query and equal the criteria to 46972, I can retrieve the rows. Any suggestions? <angela.y.austin@gmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:cb5b421a-eb8e-44da-af7c-9d587d4ad1ee@googlegroups.com... >I have tables linked to an archive. I have a query built with parameters >that prompt the user for input. > > I receive the...

Access 97
Please help if you can. I have a subform with a field on it that is set to have a required value. The problem is that when the user does not fill out all the appropriate information and tries to navigate to another record in the subform or main form, the Access default message comes up saying that the value is required, but in a very techincal way that the user will have no idea what it means. I tried putting a message on the OnError event (it works) my message appears, but then after my message comes up, the Access message comes up too right after. Is there a way to get rid of the de...

[Urgent]: How To Accessing C++ Class objects in C : getting error fatal error C1189: #error : "eh.h is only for C++!"
hi , i am Getting this Error fatal error C1189: #error : "eh.h is only for C++!" my Problem is i am Having C++ librabry and Appropriate .h file i want to Access Them is .c File Files..... to Be More Specific i am Creating a C++ Object in a C file... this Giving me the error!!! :( can Any Body Please Help me How to Access the C++ object in C file... Thanks In Advance :) "sachinv1821@gmail.com" <sachinv1821@gmail.com> writes: > How to Access the C++ object in C file... > Thanks In Advance :) You'd be better off asking in comp.lang.c++. I know this sounds...

Re: url access error:ERROR: 10060
Nevin, It can be caused by a number of problems depending on your systems setup. Go to the SAS tech notes: http://support.sas.com/techsup/search/sasnotes.html and search for: ERROR: 10060 - WSAETIMEDOUT you will pull up roughly five hits. HTH Toby Dunn From: nevin.krishna@GMAIL.COM Reply-To: nevin.krishna@GMAIL.COM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: url access error:ERROR: 10060 - WSAETIMEDOUT Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 08:30:57 -0700 Hello all, I have been tinkering with an url access program which was posted on the SAS-L quite a while ago..I had it working fine up until about a week ago when i started encountering a the error (ERROR: 10060 - WSAETIMEDOUT). i had not changed the program at all, and am not sure why all of a sudden i am getting this..below please find the log of the program with error..any advice? Thanks, nevin NOTE: AUTOEXEC processing completed. 1 %let zip=71104; 2 %let dates=2004/01/01-2004/12/31; 3 4 %let url=http://www.wunderground.com/history/zipcode/&zip/ 5 %substr(&dates,1,10)/CustomHistory.html 6 ?dayend=%substr(&dates,20,2) 7 %nrstr(%str(&)monthend)=%substr(&dates,17,2) 8 %nrstr(%str(&)yearend)=%substr(&dates,12,4)); 9 10 data Temperatures(keep=Date AvgTemp precip); 11 length AvgTemp 8 precip 8; 12 infile %sysfunc(compress("&url")) url lrecl=6000 termstr=cr; 13 input; 14 i=index(_infile_,"/DailyHistory.html"); 15 if i; 16 ...

Web resources about - Intercepting error Access error messages - comp.databases.ms-access

Canadian Mounties Arrest Major Mafiosos By Intercepting Their BBMs
Good job, Mounties. (Wikimedia Commons) As if you needed yet another reason not to use a BlackBerry , you can't even use them to carry out organized ...

U.S Government accused of spying on citizens, intercepting trillions of emails and phone calls
Governments around the world are repeatedly accused of spying on both domestic and foreign individuals and groups that may threaten the interests ...

"A challenge to a federal law that authorized intercepting international communications involving Americans ...
"... on Monday, but not one quite as steep as many had anticipated," observes Adam Liptak at the NYT . The question in the case was whether journalists, ...

Mysterious Fake Cellphone Towers Are Intercepting Calls All Over The U.S.
Seventeen fake cellphone towers were discovered across the U.S. last week, according to a report in Popular Science. Rather than offering you ...

China defends intercepting US Navy plane
BEIJING (AP) â" China's Defense Ministry rejected U.S. accusations that a Chinese fighter jet's intercept of a U.S. Navy surveillance aircraft ...

Facebook sued for allegedly intercepting private messages
Just how private are your Facebook messages? A new suit charges that the company mines your messages for profit.

Facebook sued for allegedly intercepting private messages
Just how private are your Facebook messages? A new suit charges that the company mines your messages for profit. Read this article by Jennifer ...

U.S. spy chief: Reports of intercepting of French phone calls false - CNN.com
The NSA says the allegation made in a French newspaper that it intercepted more than 70 million phone calls in France over 30 days is false. ...

Police In Washington State Have Been Secretly Intercepting Cellphone Traffic For Years
'They are essentially searching the homes of innocent Americans to find one phone used by one person'

Turkish ISPs Intercepting Google Public DNS -
... to erode some of the bans (though some are based on IP ranges). According to a Google blog post , Turkish ISPs are battling this by intercepting ...