Is it possible to open an Access 2007 accdb database in Access 2003?

I understand that new features would not be available but is there any way I
could open an accdb database in Access 2003?

Robert

0
cpq1bcle (10)

Hi, Robert.

>I understand that new features would not be available but is there any way
>I could open an accdb database in Access 2003?

Sorry.  "Unrecognized database format."  ACCDB's require Access 2007.

HTH.
Gunny

See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs.
See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips and tutorials.
Blogs: www.DataDevilDog.BlogSpot.com, www.DatabaseTips.BlogSpot.com
http://www.Access.QBuilt.com/html/expert_contributors2.html for contact
info.

"Robert" <cpq1bcle@verizon.net> wrote in message
>I understand that new features would not be available but is there any way
>I could open an accdb database in Access 2003?
>
> Robert

On Thu, 10 May 2007 19:25:51 -0400, "Robert" <cpq1bcle@verizon.net>
wrote:

Software rarely is forward compatible, and Access 2003 is no
exception.
Does your software anticipate the changes you'll make four years
later?

-Tom.

>I understand that new features would not be available but is there any way I
>could open an accdb database in Access 2003?
>
>Robert

"Robert" <cpq1bcle@verizon.net> wrote in

> I understand that new features would not be available but is there
> any way I could open an accdb database in Access 2003?

Before Access 2007, the ACCDB format did not exist. How, exactly,
could Access 2003 know what to do with it?

XXXusenet (2387)

Access 2007 db.accdb modified using Access 2010 can no longer be opened with Access 2007
Hi, A client sent me an Access 2007 db.accdb which I modified using 2010. The client could not open using Access 2007 "Unrecognized database format 'C:\RD\db.accdb". I tried to open using Access 2007 and got the same message. Does anyone have an explanation?? Cheers, Barry "Barry Edmund Wright" <barry.edmund.wright@witstoronto.ca> wrote > Does anyone have an explanation?? Explanation: It's easy to look back and make a version backward compatible because you can see and test with the older version (Access 2010 successfully opens the Access 2007 database) ; it's not nearly so easy to look forward and make a version (in your case Access 2007) forward compatible with whatever may be done in the _next_ version (Access 2007 not opening the database once it's been modified and saved in Access 2010). This is a known issue, discussed many times here in the newsgroup. What we don't know is whether Microsoft _thought_ they'd implemented both backward and forward compatibility in Access 2010. -- Larry Linson Microsoft Office Access MVP Co-Author, Microsoft Access Small Business Solutions, Wiley 2010 "Barry Edmund Wright" wrote in message=20 news:8d50cbbe-0804-40ed-a420-3f13d1da89f3@hs8g2000vbb.googlegroups.com...= >Hi, > >A client sent me an Access 2007 db.accdb which I modified using 2010. >The client could not open using Access 2007 "Unrecognized database >format 'C:\...

Access 2003 database will not open using Access 2002
Hi everyone. I am trying to open a database which works fine using Access 2003, but when trying to open it on another PC that has Access 2002 I get the following error "This database is unrecognised file format, it may have been created with a later version of Access, upgrade to a later version..." Could anyone please help to resolve this issue. Many thanks. Joe. Use Access 2003 to decompile the database. To decompile, create a copy, and enter something like this at the command prompt while Access is not running. It is all one line, and include the quotes: "c:...

Opening access database for exclusive access
hi Folks, I am opening my access database file (Access 2003) from a C# application. The connection string specifies mode=Share Exclusive The intent is that the application have exclusive access to the database file. No other instance of MS Access or this particular C# application (or any other app) should be able to open the access database file concurrently. however it seems that this is not happening. A second instance of my program run from another computer under another LAN user id can successfully open a connection to the database using the same connection string, specifying Share E...

Accessing Access database files
Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access database? I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run it because all my computers run Linux. -- martin@ | Martin Gregorie gregorie. | Essex, UK org | On 7/1/2014 9:28 AM, Martin Gregorie wrote: > Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java > program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access > database? > > I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table > contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run > it because all my computers run Linux. I haven't tried this myself, but Stack Overflow says: "You can use JDBC-ODBC bridge by calling: Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver") Then you can use JDBC database URL in form: jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=c:\\Nwind.mdb or if you configure your database in ODBC manager you can use its alias: jdbc:odbc:northwind " You might need an older copy of the JDK because the driver was removed in JDK 8. You can find drivers in a couple of places: http://jackcess.sourceforge.net/ http://ucanaccess.sourceforge.net/site.html On Tue, 01 Jul 2014 09:55:30 -...

Access 2003/Access 2007
I have a mde database file developed for a client. This was originally set up and run in Access 2003. Everything worked fine. Recently this client purchased several new computers. These computers came with Access 2007. Now whenever an Access 2007 user opens the database, it locks the database for all other users. I have checked all the Access settings I know to check. These new machines are also running Windows 7. I am not sure if this is enough information or if anyone has seen this behavior and may have some suggestions. Any help is appreciated. Hello, open the options ...

Convert Access 2003 database file to Access 2010
How do you convert a Access 2002-2003 database file to a Access 2010 file format? According to Microsoft (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/ convert-a-database-to-the-accdb-file-format-HA010341552.aspx? queryid=34ea405f95aa4cb8b8ffb2764afb4993&respos=0&CTT=1) it is possible. When I tried this on the file tab it only displays the print options only. How can I get the save, save & publish, and other commands to display? My 2002-2003 Access database file has 3 tables, 19 queries, 5 forms, and 16 reports. After I open the file up it gives the "Security Warning: Soame active content has been disabled. Click for more details." then there is a button "Enable Content". Before and after I click the "Enable Button" the file tab only has print options available. Thank you for your help, jfcby jfcby <jamesfc30@gmail.com> wrote in news:f4dc9993-afa3-4fed-8180-22786eaa7f83@l14g2000yql.googlegroups.co m: > How do you convert a Access 2002-2003 database file to a Access > 2010 file format? > > According to Microsoft > (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/ > convert-a-database-to-the-accdb-file-format-HA010341552.aspx? > queryid=34ea405f95aa4cb8b8ffb2764afb4993&respos=0&CTT=1) it is > possible. When I tried this on the file tab it only displays the > print options only. > > How can I get the save, save & publish, and other commands to > display? ...

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and mo...

Accessing Access

Use of Access 2002-2003 structure in MS Access 2007
Dear reader, Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access 2002-2003 format? Tanks for any assistance. Kind regards and all the best for 2009 Simon ...

Access 2007 command buttons do not function
Trying to install some software on Access 2007. The software works just fine on earlier versions of Access. I have been told that it works on Access 2007 but I have not seen that personally. The command buttons on my user-created forms do not function when it is run under Access 2007. The operating system is Windows XP home SP2. The main menu opens up like normal. I can open any form from the ribbon at the left. I can run a query from the ribbon at the left. I can open a table from the ribbon at the left. I checked references and none are missing. I tried converting to Access 2007 database format and no references missing and still the form buttons do not work. the form buttons were created with teh Access 2003 button wizard and generally open other forms, reports or queries. What do I need to do to get the buttons to function? Bob Hi, Bob Bob Alston wrote: > Trying to install some software on Access 2007. The software works > just fine on earlier versions of Access. > > I have been told that it works on Access 2007 but I have not seen that > personally. > > The command buttons on my user-created forms do not function when it > is run under Access 2007. Is your database located in a trusted location ? http://www.accessribbon.de/en/?Trust_Center:Trusted_Locations Regards Jens ...

problem accessing access 97 database through odbc on windows 2003 sp1
Hello, We have a legacy application which relies on an Access 97 database (upgrading is nog an option atm). As we are setting up a new server (Windows 2003), we started experiencing problems running that application after installing all required updates (Windows, Office, ..) It did work before updating, with a basic OS + application installation. Somewhere an update dit break things, but we do not know which one. Now for the problem. When starting the application, following error is returned: --------------------------- ODBC Microsoft Access Driver Login Failed ---------------------------...

Use of Access 2002-2003 structure in MS Access 2007 #2
Dear reader, Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access 2002-2003 format? Tanks for any assistance. Kind regards and all the best for 2009 Simon Simon van Beek wrote: > Dear reader, > > > > Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in > Access 2002-2003 format? > > > > Tanks for any assistance. > > > > Kind regards and all the best for 2009 > > Simon Yes. There might be some issues, though, depending on how you've programmed the db. Best suggestion, in my eyes, would be testing and playing around a little with *a* *copy* of the database and see what turns up. Most likely, you'd need to set the directory in which the database resides, as a trusted location. A very good sumup of "the good, bad and ugly" ;-) of Access 2007 is this list by Allen Browne http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html -- Roy-Vidar Simon, Best wishes to you too. One question: why do you use so many carriage returns in your messages? They cause readers having to unnecessary scroll. Thanks, John "Simon van Beek" <SvanBeekNL@Versatel.nl> schreef in bericht news:495f3ebf$0$28733$bf4948fe@news.tele2.nl... > Dear reader, > > > > Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access > 2002-2003 format? > > > > Tanks for any assistance. > > > > Kind regards and all the best for 2009 > > Simon >...

Web resources about - Is it possible to open an Access 2007 accdb database in Access 2003? - comp.databases.ms-access

Aaron Carter Won't Vote After Being 'Bullied' for Supporting Donald Trump
We proclaimed far and wide that the party was over at Aaron Carter’s house after he tweeted an endorsement for neon-tinted hellion Donald Trump. ...

Airbnb now books stays in Cuba for everyone
Airbnb was quick to open its doors to Cuba once the country enjoyed warmer relations with the US, but there was a big gotcha: you could only ...

Indiana School Bus Carrying Basketball Team Overturns, Multiple Injuries Reported
An Indiana school bus transporting basketball players to a game was sideswiped by a local driver and overturned on the side of an expressway ...

British soldiers should have 'cups of tea' with Islamic State terrorists, says Jeremy Corbyn ally
Christine Shawcroft - who sits on Labour's National Executive Committee - claims soldiers should 'get teabags out' rather than resorting to air ...

John Kasich Makes Case for His Campaign, Despite the Delegate Math
John Kasich made a fresh case for himself to be the Republican presidential nominee, despite the severe mathematical challenge he faces in acquiring ...

Final teams punch tickets to March Madness' Sweet 16
CBS News Final teams punch tickets to March Madness' Sweet 16 CBS News NEW YORK Finally, a Sweet 16 run for Villanova. It had been seven years ...

Human Skull Found Near Hollywood Sign
TIME Human Skull Found Near Hollywood Sign TIME Two hikers on Saturday found a human skull near the iconic Hollywood sign in Los Angeles, ...

Nico Rosberg wins Australian F1 Grand Prix
Mercedes' Nico Rosberg has won an Australian Formula One Grand Prix marred by a terrifying crash involving Spaniard Fernando Alonso.

You Can Now Follow Pope Francis On Instagram
There are many famous people on Instagram, and many of them use the platform for different purposes. Some use it just to document their daily ...

[PICS] Rob Kardashian’s Birthday Party With Family — Blac Chyna Not Invited? - Hollywood Life
Rob Kardashian’s family, including Kim Kardashian and Kanye West, helped him celebrate his 29th birthday with a fun party on March 19. But Blac ...