Is there a way to get text into a web page programmatically

I need to type something into a text box on a web page. Can I do this
from within access?
0
eg252 (4)

On 15 Jul 2003 14:07:47 -0700 in comp.databases.ms-access,
eg252@aol.com (eg252) wrote:

>I need to type something into a text box on a web page. Can I do this
>from within access?

You might try AppActivate & SendKeys but I warn you now that's not
guaranteed as Sendkeys might send to the wrong Window.

You might have better luck seeing what this web form does and what it
posts and just shell out to it with a query string, e.g.

 strSearch = "Microsoft"
 Shell "http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=" &
strSearch & "&btnG=Google+Search", vbNormalFocus

--
Ride Free (but you still have to pay for the petrol)

(replace sithlord with trevor for email)
0
Trevor

Ms Access Database to web page
i am getting the following error when i try and view a access table within a web page Database Results Error [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Can't open database '(unknown)'. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt. any help would be muchly appreciated Sounds as if your database may be in Access 2000 or 2002 format. HTH - Turtle "Spencer Waller" <spencerw@no5.com> wrote in message news:1d67d4d4.0312110225.3e0d9863@posting.google.com... > i am getting the following error when i try and view a access table > within a web page > > Database Results Error > [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Can't open database > '(unknown)'. It may not be a database that your application > recognizes, or the file may be corrupt. > > any help would be muchly appreciated ...

Get the real type of columns from MS Access databases(OLEObject, text, memo, numeric)
Hello, I made one application that opens MS Access databases.And I have one problem.How can I find the real data type of columns(text, memo, OLEObject, numeric) like it is into Access.I tried with resultSetMetaData.getColumnType(columnIndex) but I receive java.sql.Types.I have two columns that contains OLEObjects(images).But I receive two different types for columns : VARCHAR once, and for second column SMALLINT.I only want to see the types like in Access(OLEObjects, Text, Numeric, Memo...).Thanks in advance! Best regards, Calin Pop ...

Is there a way to update a web database from an desktop Access database?
Hi, I would like to be able to take records from an Access database (most likely 2010) and update them to whatever database is being used on a web server? For instance, I would like to extract someone's calendar from an Access application and let them sign in and see what their calendar is for a certain time period. I know how to extract the data from Access, but not how to post it onto someone's website (which could be using MySQL, SQL Server). -paulw ...

What's the easiest way to make an Access database web accessable?
Thanks to this group I have finally completed my first database. The application runs perfect. I am now wondering if there is an easy way to place the DB app on the Web. Currently only 1 or 2 people will ever access the DB at any one time. I am only looking to be able add data through the use of a form already on the Access DB and print a report. Right now I have the DB in a shared folder on my computer. Remember, easy is the key here. Thanks again for all the help. Rob ...

Getting text from a web page
I'd like to get all the text from a web page. When I do this manually, I would right-click, select all, right-click, copy, and then paste it somewhere. When I paste it, it essentially looks like the formatted web page. How can I accomplish the same thing using the Inet control?. That is, I want to get the text without all the tags, including the blank lines. When I paste it, it essentially looks like the formatted web page. Thank you. Bookreader wrote: > I'd like to get all the text from a web page. > > When I do this manually, I would right-click, select all, right-click, > copy, and then paste it somewhere. When I paste it, it essentially > looks like the formatted web page. > > How can I accomplish the same thing using the Inet control?. That is, > I want to get the text without all the tags, including the blank > lines. When I paste it, it essentially looks like the formatted web > page. > > Thank you. There are a few examples at Planet-Source-Code. You may wish to use the Web Browser control since it does what you want already without any fancy programming needed on your part. However, you wrote above that you want the pasted text to look "like the formatted web page:" that will not be the case when one uses the web browser's document methods to remove the HTML. WebBrowser1.Navigate "http://holysmoke.org/" Do DoEvents If WebBrowser1.Busy = False Then Exit Do Loop...

MS Access Web Page with pictures?
I'm trying to create a catalog through Access that can be posted on-line. I have set it all up, but in designing the "access page" I cannot get the OLE objects (pictures of the products) to appear. It only allows me to insert pictures from files, in which case the picture doesn't change with the record. If I try to add the OLE object as a control in design view it gives me an error message.... help! ...

Get data from Web Page to Addess database
I have a requirement to get data that people fill in on a form on a remote web page into an access 97 database. The data will consist of a number of simple text fields plus a photo. I don't run the web server but they will try and fit in with what I need. My idea is that whenever a submit button is clicked on the web page then an email is generated with the body of the email containing the text (what format - csv, xml ??)and with the photo as an attachment. So my first question is: is that a good way to go, or should I be thinking along different lines? If the email route is good, my second question is - how do I get the data and photo from an email into the database? We use Outlook at this end, and I can dedicate a machine to do this task and nothing else. But can I manipulate Outlook from Access? I'm not asking for an entire solution, but just trying to find out if the principle is OK, and get some general clues about how to do it. TIA Dave ...

Access database and web pages , nubie problem!
Hi to all. I am pretty new to using Access and am having a problem I hope someone can help me with. I want to access a MS-Access database from a web page. I have managed to get it "sort" of working using MS-Access's 'data access page' function as it were. This creates a web page that is linked to a database table. The problem that I have is that if data in the dbase is changed, it does not immediately reflect on the web page , you have to refresh the web page. I don't have any sort of web site that this web page is on , I just want to run it of my machine at the moment. i.e double click on c:\mywebpage.html and view the database.The dbase is also on the machine. C:\mydbase.mdb I found an article ' Creating dynamic web pages using Ms-access' , or something like that , on the net , but I just can't seem to get this thing working. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers Rob email: seegoon99NOSPAM@yahoo.com seegoon99@yahoo.com (rob) wrote in message news:<890c3e4d.0311172212.19612a22@posting.google.com>... > Hi to all. > I am pretty new to using Access and am having a problem I hope someone > can help me with. > I want to access a MS-Access database from a web page. I have managed > to get it "sort" of working using MS-Access's 'data access page' > function as it were. > This creates a web page that is linked to a database table. The > problem that > I have is that if data in the dbase is ...

Another way to open an MS ACCESS 2000 database?
Hi! I've developed an ms access 2000 db. Then I'll protect the db with a password. But I want to open the access 2000 file from a Delphi 7 program, and try to have the program connect to the ms access 2000 db. 1. How can I have the OnOpen_event of the starting form in access check if the db is being tried open from doubleclicking the access 2000 file itself, and deny the user to open except from the Delphi program? 2. What is the connection string to the access 2000 file from the Delphi 7 program? The reason is that I'll write to the register from Delphi 7 and do ...

how to get the specified number of records from ms access database
Hi there, Can anybody help me in, how to get the specified number of (say 35 at a time) from ms acess database. Please let me know the steps or idea. Thanks dhaniram@gmail.com wrote: > Hi there, > > Can anybody help me in, how to get the specified number of (say 35 at a > time) from ms acess database. Please let me know the steps or idea. > > Thanks > e.g. select top 35 * from table -- [Oo=w=oO] ...

RSQ and PERCENTRANK: Any way to get them natively in MS Access?
They are available if I instantiate an Excel object. But I'm guessing there will be performance issues if I do that. Anybody know if there's a Reference or a control that will let me at them completely within MS Access? -- PeteCresswell On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:52:09 GMT, "(Pete Cresswell)" <x@y.z> wrote: If you created an Excel.Application object to get to them, then that's the only way to do it. Unless you re-implement the functions yourself. I checked the Excel 2003 help file on SQR and it has the formula right there. High school math is all you need. There are some 3rd party controls that emulate much of Excel (I used FormulaOne several years ago), but they probably come at similar overhead. -Tom. >They are available if I instantiate an Excel object. > >But I'm guessing there will be performance issues if I do that. > >Anybody know if there's a Reference or a control that will let me at them >completely within MS Access? ...

How to get text from ms-access module in remote db?
I need to scan a couple of hundred databases in several directories to locate all code that uses a particular function, but cannot figure out how to read the Form or Module text itself. I am able to locate, then connect to the databases, and have figured out how to get the Form and Module names easy enough using the documents collection of each of the Form and Module containers, but how do I actually read the code to find out which contain the function code I am searching? Is there any more direct way to read it rather than using Application.SaveAsText? ---------------------------- set db = OpenDatabase([Database path and name]) for i = 0 to db.Containers("Modules").Documents.Count oDoc = db.Containers("Modules").Documents(i) sName = oDoc.Name '- Wonks so far ... sText = oDoc.???? How do I read the actual text (code) in each module or form? --------------------------- Thanks in Advance - jfro The Containers Collection and Documents class for the Modules objects contains no interface to the VBA code. If you want to access the module code programmatically, then you'll need to use the DoCmd.OpenModule method from the Access Application object used to open the remote database, so you don't need to use the OpenDatabase method in your code below, either. HTH. Gunny See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs. See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips. (Please remove ZERO_SPAM from my reply E-mail address, so ...

programmatically getting the source code of a web (html)page.....
Is there any way this can be done? CAN it be done? I'd very much like your feedback. Thanks. "Stewart" <rs004c0208@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:489af.78349$iD.67039@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > Is there any way this can be done? CAN it be done? I'd very much like > your feedback. Thanks. > Erm, yes of course, otherwise how would any web browser work? Unless I am misunderstanding your question. I have written a small program similar to wget on *nix machines. You need to connect to the server (if you dont know how t...

? Best way to get Access database active on internet ??
I have a database with reports that I want to have accessible on a website, preferably searchable on the website. Can Access databases be put on Unix machines and work without using Perl? Any easy way? If not, any way to publish reports by section to separate web pages? Thanks for any info Fred -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- Jet databases are ODBC compliant, but I never heard of one being _used_ on a *nix system. They can, of course, be stored on a *nix system, and retrieved from there. I've stored the data tables for a split database on a *nix server and accessed them from an Access front end. Although it was "multiuser", there was never more than a single user accessing it at any given time -- thus we avoided the locking issues that plagued some back in the '90s (and may still, for all I know). Access and the Jet database engine, however, are designed to run only in the Windows environment. Larry Linson Microsoft Access MVP "Fred" <frobinson-nospam@wymans.com> wrote in message news:3fbbd6fb_1@corp.newsgroups.com... > I have a database with reports that I want to have accessible on a website, > preferably searchable on the website. > Can Access databases be put on Unix machines and work without using Perl? > Any easy way? > If not, any way to publish re...

Another way to open an MS ACCESS 2000 database? #2
Hi! I've developed an ms access 2000 db. Then I'll protect the db with a password. But I want to open the access 2000 file from a Delphi 7 program, and try to have the program connect to the ms access 2000 db. 1. How can I have the OnOpen_event of the starting form in access check if the db is being tried open from doubleclicking the access 2000 file itself, and deny the user to open except from the Delphi program? 2. What is the connection string to the access 2000 file from the Delphi 7 program? The reason is that I'll write to the register from Delphi 7 and do ...

A Python way to get MS Access table column information?
Using Python and OBDC in MS-Access DBs. So, I'm able to run SQL statements from Python on an Access DB. Is there an SQL statement that will give me column information? For a table I want to know the data type and of course colum/Attribute name for each column. So far the answer has been "no". VB or some other tool is needed to do that I'm told. Using just Python and OBDC is there a way? Maybe Win32com? Thanks goldtech wrote: > Using Python and OBDC in MS-Access DBs. So, I'm able to run SQL > statements from Python on an Access DB. > > Is there an SQL statement that will give me column information? For a > table I want to know the data type and of course colum/Attribute name > for each column. > > So far the answer has been "no". VB or some other tool is needed to do > that I'm told. Who said that? Did you check the cursor objects description-property, as described in http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0249/ That at least for other DBs gives the needed info, and it seems it's required. Diez On 2007-10-15 17:16, goldtech wrote: > Using Python and OBDC in MS-Access DBs. So, I'm able to run SQL > statements from Python on an Access DB. > > Is there an SQL statement that will give me column information? For a > table I want to know the data type and of course colum/Attribute name > for each column. > > So far the answer has been "no". VB or some other tool is n...

Using an Access 2000 database backend to drive a web page
I have a table in an Access 2000 database and a web page. I want to use various pieces of data from this table to drive certain areas of the website, but I do not know how to do this. For example, say my table contains info about authors and books and I have a web page where I want to display all the authors and their books, using the data in the table. How might I go about doing this? Is there a book to read for this? Thanks. On 20 Mar 2006 13:12:56 -0800, tomguy04@yahoo.com wrote: >I have a table in an Access 2000 database and a web page. > >I want to use various pieces of data from this table to drive certain >areas of the website, but I do not know how to do this. > >For example, say my table contains info about authors and books and I >have a web page where I want to display all the authors and their >books, using the data in the table. How might I go about doing this? >Is there a book to read for this? > >Thanks. Google for W3Schools ASP Tutorial W3Schools SQL Tutorial W3Schools ADO Tutorial look (first?) at the examples at http://www.w3schools.com/ado/ado_examples.asp You could also use the newer ASP.NET which has a similar tutorial ...

ms access data access pages
hi my self uttam . i am working in r & d organization . friends i need a he lp from u . if any one of u know how add two sections(consisting of caption, header, footer ) be displayed on the same data page in ms access 2003 or 2005.i tried to display two tables on the data page in tabular format but i could not do it. it is allowing to display one table but it is not allowing to display the other table separately in tabular format . i want more than one table in tabular format to be dispalyed in data page separately with some text in-between tables. plz reply me with regards uttam On Mar 24, 5:06 am, kunu...@gmail.com wrote: > hi my self uttam . i am working in r & d organization . friends i > need a he lp from u . if any one of u know how add two > sections(consisting of caption, header, footer ) be displayed on the > same data page in ms access 2003 or 2005.i tried to display two tables > on the data page in > tabular format but i could not do it. it is allowing to display one > table but it is not allowing to display the other table separately in > tabular format . i want more than one table in tabular format to be > dispalyed in data page separately with some text in-between tables. > plz reply me > with regards > uttam Use a form and subforms. ...

Wanted: Programmer to modify MS Access database for web use
I have a Microsoft Access database I'd like to have completed. I need forms added to add, delete and modify customers, sales and products. If you can also do the additional modifications to interface to my website then that would be a bonus. ...

How to import a tab delimited text file into MS Access database
Hi, I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. I have a tab delimited text file that needs to be imported into a MS Access table. The table is created and the table structure is defined using DAO methods. So now I have to fill this table with the data in the text files. For a few rows in the text file, the number of columns could be less than the number of columns in the table. Can anyone please post me the code to do this. Thanks a ton in advance. Pradeep wrote: > I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. We'd be happy to give you the VBA code, but do you really want to throw away your C++ and use Microsoft Access for the job? If you want to keep C++, you can ask for C++ code in another newsgroup, because we'd just be guessing. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

What is best way to get access to Access?
I recently became registrar for a girls' softball league and will be inheriting the previous registrar's Access database of team and player information. I have Office XP for Students and Teachers, which does not include Access. What is my best option? Buy Office XP Professional? Buy Access alone? Do I have any other alternatives? On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 20:27:23 GMT, "Paul Merrion" <paul.merrion@verizon.net> wrote: Visit microsoft.com/office to find out which versions of Office include Access. Buy/Upgrade one of those. -Tom. >I recently became registrar for a girls' softball league and will be >inheriting the previous registrar's Access database of team and player >information. I have Office XP for Students and Teachers, which does not >include Access. >What is my best option? >Buy Office XP Professional? >Buy Access alone? >Do I have any other alternatives? > "Paul Merrion" <paul.merrion@verizon.net> wrote in message news:LaPZb.42738$5W3.721@nwrddc02.gnilink.net... > I recently became registrar for a girls' softball league and will be > inheriting the previous registrar's Access database of team and player > information. I have Office XP for Students and Teachers, which does not > include Access. > What is my best option? > Buy Office XP Professional? > Buy Access alone? > Do I have any other alternatives? There are other alternatives. If you were so inclined, y...

Access "Pages" as a way to set up web based applications
Hi: Can someone answer the following questions about "Pages" a. Are they are good way to develop web based access applications? b. Is there a good manual like "Pages for Idiots" which will help in setting up a simple application? Best John Baker John Baker wrote: > Hi: > > Can someone answer the following questions about "Pages" > > a. Are they are good way to develop web based access applications? No, they load into a web browser, there the similarity ends. They're basically Access running inside your browser. The client side must be able to "see" the database, it will work on a LAN but get into the realm of WANs and the internet, where normal web pages are good, these ones will fail. -- This sig left intentionally blank "Trevor Best" wrote > > ... questions about "Pages" > > > > a. Are they are good way to develop > > web based access applications? > > No, they load into a web browser, there > the similarity ends. They're basically Access > running inside your browser. The client side > must be able to "see" the database, it will > work on a LAN but get into the realm > of WANs and the internet, where normal > web pages are good, these ones > will fail. And, to reinforce... each user must be using Internet Explorer 5.5 or later, thus also running Windows, and must have the Office Web Extensions inst...

Web resources about - Is there a way to get text into a web page programmatically - comp.databases.ms-access

[...] How to Programmatically Administer Off-Facebook Pages with the Open Graph API - Inside Facebook ...
With the Open Graph protocol that Facebook announced at last week’s f8 conference, any URL can now be treated just like a Facebook Page. After ...

Well, This Is Different Time Inc. Now Selling Print Ads Programmatically
Machines are now selling some print ads at Time Inc. The nation's largest magazine publisher owner of People, Time, Sports Illustrated and InStyle ...

Time Inc. Sells Print Ads Programmatically
Time Inc. is stepping into the future of advertising. The company is now allowing advertisers to use programmatic advertising — the buying and ...

Wesabe makes Financial Data available programmatically
Wesabe has just done what I've been trying to convince banks to do for years. They're making financial data available via a simple POX (Plain ...

MarTech Today: Amplitude’s Compass, deep dive into beacons & most marketers buy programmatically
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web. From Marketing ...

IPG Begins Buying Local Broadcast Programmatically: Can Target, Retarget Viewers In Near Real-Time
In what likely is the most significant development yet to bring programmatic media-buying to local broadcast television, Interpublic's Mediabrands ...

Google Launches Cloud SQL API To Allow Developers To Manage Their Databases Programmatically
... to use Google’s admin interface. Today, however, Google is launching the Cloud SQL API . This new REST API will allow developers to programmatically ...

Are Programmatically Purchased Native Ads Native Enough?
It seems everyone and their mothers are pushing native ad units and tools to support them. Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo and most recently AOL all ...

AT&amp;T Plans to Sell Linear TV Programmatically
AT&T plans to start selling linear TV ads on cable networks on U-verse and DirecTV via automated software later this year as part of a partnership ...

Most Major U.S. Publishers Now Sell Ads Programmatically
Most major online publishers in the U.S. now sell at least some of their ad space using automated "programmatic" technology, according to new ...