Is there a way to update a web database from an desktop Access database?

Hi,

I would like to be able to take records from an Access database (most
likely 2010) and update them to whatever database is being used on a
web server?

For instance, I would like to extract someone's calendar from an
Access application and let them sign in and see what their calendar is
for a certain time period.

I know how to extract the data from Access, but not how to post it
onto someone's website (which could be using MySQL, SQL Server).

-paulw

UPDATE VALUE IN ACCESS DATABASE-CONNECTIVITY DATABASE?
Hi to all labviewers, I'm trying to update some values in my access database with sql and labview connectivity toolset but i got an error, what is the problem whit my code? note: when i try to update one colum it's work fine.   regard's eyal. UPDATE_ACCESS.JPG: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/152737/1/UPDATE_ACCESS.JPG This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0066_01C5EE8B.DE98AE20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I'm not sure if you can use comma's to se...

update oracle database when ever changes are made in access database
Hi all, well i have migrated the database from access to oracle and changes would be done in access only so i want to make same changes in the oracle database say after 10 mins. or so everytime i.e a continuous process either changes made or not so what should i do. "Varun" <varuns123@ggn.hcltech.com> wrote in message news:a76d8c39.0407272029.5df9d058@posting.google.com... > Hi all, > well i have migrated the database from access to oracle and changes > would be done in access only so i want to make same changes in the > oracle database say after 10 mins. or so everytime i.e a continuous > process either changes made or not so what should i do. Get rid of the Access database, just use it as the GUI. Jim "Jim Kennedy" <kennedy-downwithspammersfamily@attbi.net> wrote in message news:<A3GNc.174982$IQ4.4937@attbi_s02>... > "Varun" <varuns123@ggn.hcltech.com> wrote in message > news:a76d8c39.0407272029.5df9d058@posting.google.com... > > Hi all, > > well i have migrated the database from access to oracle and changes > > would be done in access only so i want to make same changes in the > > oracle database say after 10 mins. or so everytime i.e a continuous > > process either changes made or not so what should i do. > Get rid of the Access database, just use it as the GUI. > Jim but the problem is that the actual application that we are enhancing is using access and ...

ms-access database cannot be updated
I have a ms-access application. The front end is ms-access and the backend is SQL Server. Originallly it worked well on windows 2000 machine. After the machine is re-imaged to windows xp machine. The application cannot be updated. All the textbox or dropdownlist become readonly. There are no particular error message. The screen is just freeze when you are trying to do update. Can someone help with this issue? Thanks! ...

Updating MS-Access Database query
hello i need to update my MS-Access database thru matlab. when using the following code using function "updates" it updates the database i.e .......whereClause = 'where month = ''Nov'''..... Here "Nov" is an entry in the database. Now when i assign a variable to the months..ie variable name "MNTH" could contain Jan /Feb etc,.....and i want to pass the variable "MNTH" ie .......whereClause = 'where month = ''MNTH'''..... it DOES NOT update the database and i receive the error .....error in horxcat......

Accessing Access database files
Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access database? I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run it because all my computers run Linux. -- martin@ | Martin Gregorie gregorie. | Essex, UK org | On 7/1/2014 9:28 AM, Martin Gregorie wrote: > Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java > program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access > database? > > I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table > contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run > it because all my computers run Linux. I haven't tried this myself, but Stack Overflow says: "You can use JDBC-ODBC bridge by calling: Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver") Then you can use JDBC database URL in form: jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=c:\\Nwind.mdb or if you configure your database in ODBC manager you can use its alias: jdbc:odbc:northwind " You might need an older copy of the JDK because the driver was removed in JDK 8. You can find drivers in a couple of places: http://jackcess.sourceforge.net/ http://ucanaccess.sourceforge.net/site.html On Tue, 01 Jul 2014 09:55:30 -...

MS Access Database with Remote Desktop
Dear Access Guru's, Hopefully you can help me (as Microsoft don't seem to be able to) We have an Access database on a Windows 2003 server with 5 CALS in our office. Access is loaded onto the server. We have 2 PC's connected to it on the LAN We are planning to open 2 remote offices and we want to be able to use the Access database at the remote offices as well as the local office. I have tested the remote desktop to the server and it allows me to connect and use the database. How many remote desktops can I run to the server simultaneously? Do i need terminal services? Can I ...

Database question, Vb6 SP5, DAO, Access database
I posted this message in a VB database newsgroup 5 days ago and have not received any answers. Since this newsgroup has been very supportive in VB, I am posting it here (with changes) in hopes of getting an answer. Jim Y Using a database is still new for me. I do not know all the terms, so I hope I can explain my question. I wrote a program in VB6 SP5 using DAO. It works with no known problems (yet), I had to add/modify the database and program to include an additional variable. This program has been installed on a friends PC with XP and I want to upgrade it with the new version. My que...

Access project database
Why isn't a database created on the MSDE?? Network: Two Win2K Pro machines connected as peers. (No domains.) MS Access is on X, MSDE2000A is on H. MS Access is run under: Windows Administrator. MSDE is set for Windows Authentication only. On using the Microsoft SQL Server Database Wizard to create an Access project, I don't specify a usename or password. After the wizard says it has the info it needs, it closes and a progress bar appears for a only a split second as the wizard tries to create the database. Indications are that the connections to the MSDE was dropped during creatio...

Update Access database
Can anyone spare a good example of how to update a specific field in a row within a table in an access database? I am good with fetching the data and representing in a table, but what if I want to update a specific field? Help! AccessWannaBe wrote: > Can anyone spare a good example of how to update a specific field in a > row within a table in an access database? > I am good with fetching the data and representing in a table, but what > if I want to update a specific field? > Help! using PHP? how about a bit of sql, similar to the sql you use to fetch it... On Wed, 18 J...

Web resources about - Is there a way to update a web database from an desktop Access database? - comp.databases.ms-access