link table IBM AS400

Hi.
Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian.
My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows).

The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase"..
I dont't know the exact message).
I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results.

If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems.

Here an abstract txt

BOLAZI;BOLCLI;BOLDBO;BOLNBO;BOLCAU;BOLNPR;BOLTRE;BOLMAT;BOLDES [........]
[........]
;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato
;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato
;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato
0;474;990204;354;10;1;1;          936;PC Intel Pentium II 400 Miditower
0;474;990204;354;10;4;1;         1890;CD-ROM drive 36X
0;474;990204;354;10;5;1;         1692;HD-SCSI  4.5 Gb IBM Ultrastar WIDE
7200
0;474;990204;354;10;6;1;         1497;HD-SCSI  9.1 Gb IBM DDRS-39130 UWIDE
[........]

Thanks in advance
M.

0
mary3293 (1)

"Mire" <mary@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
> Sorry for my english but I have MS Access in italian.
> My problem is by link a table from IBM As400 (with > 100.000 rows).
>
> The output of the table is many #ELIMINATO (in english "delete" / "erase"..
> I dont't know the exact message).
> I have tried with "requery" or recreating the link without results.
>
> If I *import* the table from AS400 it works perfectly without problems.
>
> Here an abstract txt
>
> BOLAZI;BOLCLI;BOLDBO;BOLNBO;BOLCAU;BOLNPR;BOLTRE;BOLMAT;BOLDES [........]
> [........]
> ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato
> ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato
> ;;;;;;;#Eliminato;#Eliminato
> 0;474;990204;354;10;1;1;          936;PC Intel Pentium II 400 Miditower
> 0;474;990204;354;10;4;1;         1890;CD-ROM drive 36X
> 0;474;990204;354;10;5;1;         1692;HD-SCSI  4.5 Gb IBM Ultrastar WIDE
> 7200
> 0;474;990204;354;10;6;1;         1497;HD-SCSI  9.1 Gb IBM DDRS-39130 UWIDE
> [........]

Are you using the latest ODBC driver? There are some very poor drivers written
for the AS400 (or ISeries).  The latest from IBM is what you should be using.
Whose driver is it?  Which OS version?

--
I don't check the Email account attached
to this message.     Send instead to...

0
rickbrandt2 (2458)

MS Access Linked table problem
Hi. I've got a strange problem with linked tables in MS Access. The linked tables are on SQL Server 2000, and the Access version is 2003. When any of the the column names contain a space, I get an "incorrect syntax" error. When the column names do not contain a space, the table opens OK. So I assume it's some problem with the ODBC connector. However, the ODBC version is the same as on another PC that can open the linked tables (same database) without any problems. Any ideas? Try wrapping your field names in square brackets. i.e. tablename! [field name]. -tc On Mar 4, ...

MS Access linked tables MYSQL
Hi Folks, im using MS Access as a front end to link to MYSQL. although this is possibly a MYSQL issue i thought someone would be able to help me. the error message "ODBC--insert on a linked table 'tablname' failed" is displayed when i attempt to insert records to the MYSQL table. Does anyone know of a way round this ?? im using the most recent MYSQL driver and i have only text fields in my insert statement. Is there an Access setting or permission that i must change thanks in advance CG <csgraham74@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1147726709.116174.41660@v46g200...

Blocking MS Access linked tables...
Good morning... I have an Access front end that uses SQL Server linked tables. SQL Server uses Windows authentication. I have one Windows group that all Access users are a member of. I added that group to SQL Server logins and gave it public, datareader, and datawriter rights to the one database that's used. My front end is locked down, but I want to stop users from creating a new ..mdb and linking SQL Server tables through DSNs or ADO connections or even just importing the links from the actual front end.. I've tried setting the "denydatareader" security policy - that k...

Connecting to AS400 running on IBM with MS Access
Hello All, I've been struggling on and off for 3 months trying to connect to an DB2 database running on an IBM iSeries machine. I FINALLY figured out how to connect with Coldfusion (see instructions below). So, now I am trying to connect to the same database with MS Access. I want to link the tables within Access so I can quickly query and answer questions. The problem is that I HAVE NO IDEA how to do this. I'm familiar with linking tables to other databases (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle), but I've never done it for IBM DB2 (I'm not even familiar with the IB...

Re: MS Access 2003: Linked Tables
Dear Informixers, a while ago I posted a question about a problem linking IDS 7.31UD8 tables into MS Access 2003 using the Informix ODBC driver from I-Connect 2.81TC3. This driver is in the file "iclit09b.dll" in the INFORMIXDIR\bin directory and has version # 3.82.0.11811. In the meantime, I found that the ODBC driver from the previous Connect version 2.81TC2 works; it has version # 3.82.0.11600. Just copying the older dll over the newer one did the job. I still wonder why IBM/Informix cannot get their act together and supply ODBC drivers that just work. From sporadic postings in this group, I gather that even the ODBC driver from the newest 2.90 program suite still has problems, especially with Access. However, from the low number of postings about this topic, I assume that not many peoply bother using Informix's driver... Regards, Richard Richard Spitz wrote: > I still wonder why IBM/Informix cannot get their act together and > supply ODBC drivers that just work. From sporadic postings in this > group, I gather that even the ODBC driver from the newest 2.90 > program suite still has problems, especially with Access. However, > from the low number of postings about this topic, I assume > that not many peoply bother using Informix's driver... I don't use the ODBC drivers with Access so can't comment on your original problem. I somewhat agree with the sentiment about CSDK. We have a serious ...

Linked tables in ms access asking for login/password
Hi, I have an Access 2000 database, which contains some native tables, and some linked tables which belong to an ORACLE database, through ODBC. Using VB.NET, I am trying to fetch some data by joining two tables, one table native to the mdb file, and another belonging to ORACLE. I am using a connection string to connect to mdb file: Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=database.mdb;User ID=Admin; Jet OLEDB:Database Password=xxxx;Persist Security Info=True; My problem is that as soon i try to fetch the data, a window (not belonging to my vb program) comes up with the title "ORAC...

How to read MS Access Database Table Created Date
Hi, may need some help here. I am using Borland Delphi Dev 2006. I am able to read the list of tables names in MS Access 2003 database using ADOConnection1.GetTableNames, but I am trying to read the list of tables with their created/modified dates, appreciate some help here please. Thanks. Xan. ...

How to read MS Access Database Table Created Date
Hi, may need some help here. I am using Borland Delphi Dev 2006. I am able to read the list of tables names in MS Access 2003 database using ADOConnection1.GetTableNames, but I am trying to read the list of tables with their created/modified dates, appreciate some help here please. Thanks. Xan. ...

How to link fields in MS word document to Access database
Anyone have experience in linking fields in an MS Word document to an access database? What I am considering doing is taking an existing fill-in-the fields word document, for which I cannot now save the data, and allow it to be opened with no data, have the fields filled in and then save the data in an Access database. I also want to later select the document (from a file in the database), open the word document and populate the fields from the database. Of course if there are then any updates I want to put them back into the database. Workable? Anyone with sample code? Bob Alston...

MS Access and Sharepoint: saving the username and password in a linked table
I have some linked tables that connect to a Sharepoint site, but every time they are reconnected they prompt the user for a username/password. I would like to embed the login into the application, just as you can for any other type of linked table, but I can't find a way to do this. Do anyone have any idea how to fix this? Also, this is new to me, so anyone has any experience of how well Access and Sharepoint perform together, I'd love to know. Thanks, James "James Beswick" <jamesbeswick@gmail.com> wrote in news:1139768590.875155.122430@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

Accessing Oracle Tables from MS Access
How difficult is this? I'm having a tough time getting a simple select to work. I am using MS Access 2002 and Windows XP. What do I have to do to make a simple select statement like this work: select id from emp I have stumbled upon many websites although none straight to the point. Any help in how to get this done, or pointing me in the right direction of a book or website, would be greatly appreciated! berj Yes, I do have the table links working. But I did want to run the select for such things as grabbing the next number off of a sequence. As in: select test.nextval fro...

declare global temporary table with com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver
Hello. V5R2 I try to create global temporary table in my Windows java application: ((java.sql.Connection) conn).createStatement().execute("declare global temportary table test (c1 integer)"); With COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver it works, but with com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver I get such SQLException: --start-- java.sql.SQLException: [PWS9801] Function rejected by user exit program IMBEPSQL in QUSRSYS. Cause . . . . . : User exit program IMBEPSQL in library QUSRSYS called for the function and returned an indication that the function should not be done. Recovery . . . : Determine why the user exit program rejected the function, correct the problem, and run the function again. --end--- ((SQLException) ex).getErrorCode() = -101 ((SQLException) ex).getSQLState() = "HY001" Is it possible to declare tables with this driver? Sincerely, Mark B ...

I have a very frustrating problem. I have a situation that works fine on some computers, but not on others. I have SQL Server Express 2005 and Access 2003 loaded on 4 computers. I have set up a "Linked Server" in SQL Server linked to my Access database. I am running queries on t-SQL against the Access tables through the linked server. On all of the computers, I can do select queries and they all work great but what I need to do is run Update, Insert, Delete queries as well. On a couple of the computers, it works fine, locally and across the LAN, and a VPN as far as that goes. B...

linked server from sql 7 to ms access 2000 ... some tables not available
Hi, I have a linked server in sql 7 that connects to a ms access 2000 database. It has been working for a while, however lately, after we imported a large amount of new data, the database fails to query a certain (large number of records) table. I can query and get responses for every other table except the largest table. select top 5 * from linkeddatabase...table I get this error message. [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]ConnectionCheckForData (CheckforData()). [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]General network error. Check your network documentation. Connection B...

Would like to somehow link specific eMails in my message store to MS Access database
Is it possible for me to open, read and display a specific eMail message from within an Access database? Perhaps I have received an eMail from a customer in the customers table that I wish to save in my mail client's message store. Maybe I don't want to cut 'n paste its contents into a memo field in the customers table. I just want to save a pointer to it so when flipping through customer records on a form, I can pull it up & view it inside the database. Any suggestions? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx MLH <CRCI@NorthState.net> wrote: >Is it possible f...

Update MS Access table from another table
This is probably very simple but I can't figure out a way to update one table from another table. Here is an example: ------ TABLEA ------ first_name last_name grade ------ TABLEB ------ first_name last_name grade I want to update TABLEB's "grade" column from TABLEA (join by first_name and last_name). What's wrong with following sql? UPDATE TABLEB SET GRADE = (SELECT GRADE FROM TABLEA WHERE TABLEA.LAST_NAME = TABLEB.LAST_NAME AND TABLEA.FIRST_NAME = TABLEB.FIRST_NAME) Also, one more question: How do I update TABLE's &quo...

I m currently developing a java based application and want to know how can i make client access database located on the server? "HeMan_Speaks" <Lunar20092010@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d71ce567-0434-48b8-b1d2-bb191706ab45@w8g2000prd.googlegroups.com... >I m currently developing a java based application and want to know how > can i make client access database located on the server? I think you're going to have to expand a little bit more in your question here, as is not 100% quite clear what you're trying to do. You might want to make a little bit of a d...

error: linking mysql tables (odbc) from ms-access: "Could not find installable ISAM"
I have been connecting to mysql tables from ms-access vba through odbc [MySQL] [ODBC 3.51 Driver] connection string and everything is ok. when I try to create a permanent link to mysql tables from ms-access menu > file > get external data > ODBC > user dsn, I get: =93ODBC call failed=94 error. when I try to create a permanent link from ms-access VBA ADOX, I get: "Could not find installable ISAM". when I search ISAM error I found http://support.microsoft.com/kb/209805/EN-= US/ article attributing error cause to unregistered dll, I have followed the 2 rec...

I get ODBC Timeout (#0) just trying to open a linked table in MS Access 2003 arghghghgh!!!
any idea how i can by pass this error , i need to plugin a SQL vew & create a query using Access. Running the vew in SQL returns 19458 rows ... i keep getting ODBC timeout errors when trying to do anything with this linked table.. help?! ...

Access and Images
Hello - I am looking for the best way to store images in a Access DB. My Idea - I have a table with 150,000 records. These recoreds represent a Crash (Traffic Accident). I have 50 different images that represent almost any type of Accident. Each crash record can be represented by one of those 50 images (depending on the Crash Data). I don't want to waste space by having each record have a BLOB field w/ the image in it. I was thinking of having 2 tables one with a ID, and the image (50 records) and one with the 150,000 crash records. Then I want to link the tables by ID and be able to plot...

Web resources about - link table IBM AS400 - comp.databases.ms-access

Table of United States Core Based Statistical Areas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
for the United States of America . The OMB defines a Core Based Statistical Area as one or more adjacent counties or county equivalents that ...

Sustainable seafood on more Australian tables as traceability practices improve
From cans to&nbsp;fish shop windows and restaurant plates, 30 per cent of the world's seafood is still mislabelled.

An AnandTech Round Table with ASUS: 10 Years of the Republic of Gamers
... Rajinder 'Raja' Gill Technical PR Manager, ASUS USA AnandTech Motherboard Senior Editor 2008-2010 Ian Cutress 10 Years of ROG Round Table ...

Lithuanian Designer Launches Standing App For His Funky Table
... at the office. His back started to hurt and his productivity seemed to decrease. "That was the time when I started my hunt for a suitable standing ...

Disney CEO says selling ESPN a la carte is on the table
Disney CEO Bob Iger says Disney needs to improve on the digital front, and that selling ESPN direct-to-consumer is on table . Speaking at the ...

Joe's Crab Shack apologizes for photo of black man's 1895 hanging at table
People Magazine Joe's Crab Shack apologizes for photo of black man's 1895 hanging at table Charlotte Observer An image on a table at a Joe's ...

Daily Table: Good food for cheap
Daily Table is on a mission to sell healthy food so cheap it can compete with fast food.

Minnesota diners stunned by lynching photo embedded in diner table
The owners of a Joe's Crab Shack diner has apologized for the inclusion of the photo, along with a troubling joke, in the restaurant's table ...

Aussie School Head, Avowed Global Warming Warrior Tables Requests To Divest — Too Pricey To Quit Oil
'The council has to balance both its fiduciary responsibilities to provide the funds for students and staff needs'

Morning Digest: Can Team Blue retake the House in 2016? Only if they completely run the table
Leading Off : ● House : Daily Kos Elections is pleased to present our initial House race ratings for the 2016 election cycle . Mid-decade redistricting ...