Making MS Access Form as a standalone form like in VB

Well, its sames difficult for me; I love access so much and wish to make
it perform extra task. I prepared an HTML form but can not connect it to
my access table and so I think it is possible to make an access form a
standalone form for user input. Can anyone assist. My mail add is
dianafather@aim.com.

Oscar, why don't you just code up a VB form for user input and connect
it to an Access backend? To my knowledge, you can't force an Access
form to exist outside of Access. Your users would have to open the
Access file to enter data, no matter how you set up the Access form.

0
theonesteve (203)
12/20/2005 2:18:00 PM
On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 11:35:09 GMT, Oscar N. Goyee <dianafather@aim.com>
wrote:

It's poor newsgroup practice to ask for email responses.
Unlike what Steve said, you can create a form that lives outside of
the Access main window: make it a popup.
There is also nifty code out there (google for it), that puts the
Access main window behind that popup, and moves it with it when it
moves. To the end user it appears you have a single-form application.

-Tom.

>Well, its sames difficult for me; I love access so much and wish to make
>it perform extra task. I prepared an HTML form but can not connect it to
>my access table and so I think it is possible to make an access form a
>standalone form for user input. Can anyone assist. My mail add is
>dianafather@aim.com.

"Oscar N. Goyee" <dianafather@aim.com> wrote

 > Well, its sames difficult for me; I love access so much
 > and wish to make it perform extra task. I prepared an
 > HTML form but can not connect it to my access table
 > and so I think it is possible to make an access form a
 > standalone form for user input. Can anyone assist.

Do some Googling on the archives of this newsgroup at
http://groups.google.com. What you want to do seems to fit his description
of how he has used Data Access Pages.

 > My mail add is dianafather@aim.com.

The practice in this newsgroup is "you post it here; we answer here." For
other good suggestions on effective use of newsgroups, see the FAQ at
http://www.mvps.org/access/netiquette.htm.

 Larry Linson
 Microsoft Access MVP

  Larry Linson
  Microsoft Access MVP

0
bouncer (4168)

Forms/Subforms in MS Access Database

MS Access-style Continuous Forms in VB
I've been developing an Access project but I've finally reached it's limitations and have decided to move over to VB, however there is some functionality that Access has that I am unable to recreate in VB. In Access you can put a form in "Continuous Forms" mode and it will create a form for every record and then allow you to scroll through them pretty seamlessly. Anyone know how I can do this in VB? ...

Form size question with Access forms, remote desktop, and MS Surface Pro
Hi, I know this is a stretch to ask this question, but: We have an Access 2010 application hosted using Remote Desktop. When we access forms from the desktop they look like they should. And from an iPad. However, a client is using their Surface Pro the forms are so tiny that she can't use them when accessing our application "on the cloud". Otherwise, they look fine on a Surface Pro when running it off the cloud. Does anyone have an idea? I do not think there is anything that the people that are hosting our software can do. -paulw On Monday, 29 February 2016 17:30:11 UTC, PW wrote: > Hi, > > I know this is a stretch to ask this question, but: > > We have an Access 2010 application hosted using Remote Desktop. When > we access forms from the desktop they look like they should. And from > an iPad. However, a client is using their Surface Pro the forms are > so tiny that she can't use them when accessing our application "on the > cloud". Otherwise, they look fine on a Surface Pro when running it > off the cloud. > > Does anyone have an idea? I do not think there is anything that the > people that are hosting our software can do. > > -paulw It will cost you, but have a look at a program called "ShrinkerStrether from Peter's Software (http://www.peterssoftware.com/ss.htm) This should shrink or stretch forms and all their controls to match the scr...

Problem with my chart in MS Access 2002 using a form and VB
Hi everyone, I am new to Access and Visual Basic so things my be getting across a bit cloudy. I only started using VB for one week. I am having a little problem with the database that I am working on. I am working with MS Access 2002. And I am having a problem with one of my charts. I will explain how everything is laid out then go into details. The chart was created into a report and it is getting its information from a query. Here is the flow of information: - Using a form I select a Start Date and an End Date. (these dates are to limit the query to the data needed) - When I click a co...

MS Access 2002
MS Access 2002 - query form control returns funny symbols like [][] I am running an append query on a form. Access is having trouble with the calculated fields and comboboxes. Example &#8211; referring to forms!FormName!ControlName within the query should return the value of that control, correct? I am receiving symbols such as boxes [] or [][] as well as Chinese symbols. Any thoughts as to why this is happening. thanks This happens if Access does not understand the data type of the calculated controls. Typecast the calculated fields, and set the Format of unbound controls. For ...

html form to MS Access?
Hi, I have a site which uses a form. I would like to be able to export the data from the form to MS Access. Some of the fields may contain commas, which I think may be a problem. Can someone show me how to take the info from the form and export it to MS Access? Thanks, Jason Jason Miles wrote: > Hi, > > I have a site which uses a form. I would like to be able to export the data > from the form to MS Access. Some of the fields may contain commas, which I > think may be a problem. > That is a problem. Get your CGI script to strip out commas from any fields. Eithe...

help with MS Access forms
[copied from a prior question] Hello, I'm working on an application and one of the forms is an option group with radio buttons set to Yes and No. When you click on one of those buttons, the table is properly updated. However, I am not seeing the visual representation that one of the buttons has been selected, i.e. the little black dot does not appear. I'm sure there is a simple solution for this but I am unaware of what it is. Also, what would be the most efficient way to create multiple-page forms [other than the use of tabs] ? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Q1 ...

MS Access Forms problem
Hi everyone! I have a forms problem. Bakground: I have created a number of tables. Of these, I have a main parent table (Personal Details) and a number of other child tables (Tax file No., VISA card no.), etc...... All tables have a primary key of "Name", all child tables forming foreign key references with the parent table 'Personal Details'. I have established referential integrity will all relationships. All relationships are 1-to-1. To solve my problem, I have tried making the relationships 1-to-many (ie., the 2nd option in the "Link Type" option of the Relat...

HTML form to MS Access?
Hi, I have a site which uses a form. I would like to be able to export the data from the form to MS Access. Some of the fields may contain commas, which I think may be a problem. Can someone show me how to take the info from the form and export it to MS Access? Thanks, Jason Jason Miles wrote: > Hi, > > I have a site which uses a form. I would like to be able to export the data > from the form to MS Access. Some of the fields may contain commas, which I > think may be a problem. > > Can someone show me how to take the info from the form and export it to MS >...

Fire-up MS Access Database from VB and Leave it Running When VB App is Closed?
Hiya, Anybody know how to do this please? I am opening Access from VB using the code below. However, I don't want Access to close when objAccess goes out of scope. I would like Access to remain open - like MS Excel does if you write similar code. I am trying to avoid using the Shell function because I don't want to have to search for MSAccess.exe first. If you step through the code and click on the Access session before continuing through the VB code, it seems to know that you have interacted with it and leaves Access open. I have tried throwing in an AppActivate "MsAccess"...

ACCESS accessibility from a C++ process launched from an ACCESS form
Here is my problem. From an ACCESS form, I run a C++ process reaching the same database in read/write mode via the ODBC driver. An error occurs: " The database has been placed by an unknown user in a state preventing it from being opened either locked. SQLSetConnectAttr failure of the pilot " (Nota : translated approximatively from the french error message). However, if I have used an another form before (eg. to modify a table), or if I have modified myself a record of any table, there is no problem. It seems that the database is in a state " read-only " by default until th...

Dynamic formatting on Ms Access Form
Hi everybody, I have 2 Forms (Form A with a button Button_A and Form B with a button Button_B) When the user click on Button_A or Button_B, it will open the same Form C with some slightly different controls (ex: Buttons and Textbox) What is the code to allow dynamic formatting of Form C based on whether the user click on Button_A or Button_B (coming from Form A or Form B) Thank you for your help. Antony nguyen.antoine@gmail.com wrote: >I have 2 Forms (Form A with a button Button_A and Form B with a button >Button_B) >When the user click on Button_A or Button_B, it will open the same Form >C with some slightly different controls (ex: Buttons and Textbox) > >What is the code to allow dynamic formatting of Form C based on whether >the user click on Button_A or Button_B (coming from Form A or Form B) Use the OpenForm method's OpenArgs argument to tell form C who opened it: DoCmd.OpenForm "FormC", OpenArgs:="A" Then form C can use its Open event to make control visible or invisible, set their Top and/or Left property, etc. Select Case Me.OpenArgs Case "A" Me.thistextbox. Visible = True Me.thattextbox. Visible = False Case "B" Me.thistextbox. Visible = False Me.thattextbox. Visible = True Case Else 'form was opened from someone else End Select -- Marsh ...

MS Access Database Replication from VB
Hello, Have any of you ever controlled MS Access Replication from a VB application? I have a VB6 application where I have to send copies of the underlying MS Access 2000 database in remote areas (no LAN or Internet connections), then get the databases back and synchronize them. Any suggestions, articles, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Bie I have done code in Access which replicates six copies of a database together as an automated process. The same method calls can be run in VB as well. (It is Access 97, but I don't think that makes a difference, s long as the versions of ADO, Jet, etc. are all compatible). In VB, you need to set a reference to the "Microsoft Jet and Replication Objects". You will also need the ADODB library. Then you declare a Replica object, set its ActiveConnection property, and call its Synchronize method. I am leaving out the details, of course, but you can track those down in the usual ways. It made sense in my case to do it in Access, in a file that acts like a hub, with all the other replicas as spokes. This is a fairly standard way of arranging replicated databases. You you will need to go around the circle of replicas twice, to be sure all the changes have a chance to get to all the other replicas. When you synchronize in code, you can go around once in ImportChanges mode, then go around again in ExportChanges mode, to cut down on the replication time a little. This was useful doing it over a LAN; in your case, it might ...

Form Events MS Access 2000
I can't seem to figure out which of the forms event is called "AFTER" the form is displayed. I am trying to run some code after the form is displayed, not before. Any ideas? Thanks in advance... Open, Load, and Activate are the candidate events, unless you want an event that fires on each new Record displayed, which would be the Current event. Larry Linson Microsoft Access MVP "Steven" <imfd69@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1103315567.731773.89470@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > I can't seem to figure out which of the forms event is called &quo...

MS Access Database Replication from VB
Hello, Have any of you ever controlled MS Access Replication from a VB application? I have a VB6 application where I have to send copies of the underlying MS Access 2000 database in remote areas (no LAN or Internet connections), then get the databases back and synchronize them. Any suggestions, articles, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Bie ...

Web resources about - Making MS Access Form as a standalone form like in VB - comp.databases.ms-access

Standalone program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In early computers like the ENIAC without the concept of an operating system , standalone programs were the only way to run a computer. Standalone ...

Standalone Sysadmin
So apparently my VPS machine isn't up to snuff yet? I'm not sure where the problem is, but it's down for now, so I've removed the redirect (and ...

Under the Hood: Integrating standalone mobile app features into Facebook for iOS - Facebook
Facebook Engineering hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Under the Hood: Integrating standalone mobile app features into Facebook for iOS geschrieben. ...

Report: standalone mobile app for Facebook page management coming soon
Facebook has created a standalone page management app for iOS devices, according to 9to5Mac . The app, called Pages Manager, is available in ...

iDongle : standalone tethered boot for 3.1.2 devices - YouTube
Standalone jailbreak and/or tethered boot for 3.1.2 devices (iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 2G/3G). No sound. More info @ http://ibreak.it http://tw ...

Han Solo to star in second standalone Star Wars film, Lucasfilm confirms
Yes, that's right, another Star Wars movie. The iconic Star Wars character Han Solo is to be the subject of the second standalone Star Wars spin-off ...

Council mergers: City of Sydney to remain standalone council
Clover Moore has welcomed the decision to leave the City of Sydney as a standalone council.

Canberra needs a standalone fringe festival
A fringe festival for Canberra would provide an excellent opportunity for a program of good-quality music reflecting the innovative and stimulating ...

Frag Reel Friday: DayZ Standalone, Battlefield 4
It's been too long since we've celebrated some of the funniest and freakiest frag videos on the internet.

McDonald's opens Canada's first standalone McCafe in Toronto
Competition is brewing in the coffee business as McDonald's Canada opens its first stand-alone McCafe in a new play for the billions Canadians ...