Method 'Form' of object '_SubForm' failed

This has really been my day for wierd problems sorting one of my forms (a
subform actually)...  so here's another one.

I am now receiving the following error

             Run-time error '-2146500594 (800f000e)':

             Method 'Form' of object '_SubForm' failed

The code breaks on the first line of the following section of code:

            With Forms!frmInventory![Auto Parts].Form
                .OrderBy = "fldPartInvNo"
                .OrderByOn = True
            End With

Now...the wierd part is that this code was working perfectly for the last
several days until tonight.  This code runs EVERY time the main form loads
and I have never received any error message until now.

I read a few posts in other forums and got the impression that reinstalling
Access might be the best thing to do - so I did that.  No good.  Then I ran
the application on another computer and got the same error there.

Now I'm stumped.  Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?

Thanks!
Todd

Hi Todd

The message suggests that your database is partially corrupt.

Decompiling might fix it, or follow these steps to rebuild it:
1. Create a new (blank) database.

2. Uncheck the boxes under:
        Tools | Options | General | Name AutoCorrect
(This 'feature' is a cause of many problems.)

3. Import everything from the broken database:
        File | Get External | Import

--
Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia.

"Todd" <todd.penlandNOSPAM@SPAMNOpenland.net> wrote in message
> This has really been my day for wierd problems sorting one of my forms (a
> subform actually)...  so here's another one.
>
> I am now receiving the following error
>
>             Run-time error '-2146500594 (800f000e)':
>
>             Method 'Form' of object '_SubForm' failed
>
> The code breaks on the first line of the following section of code:
>
>            With Forms!frmInventory![Auto Parts].Form
>                .OrderBy = "fldPartInvNo"
>                .OrderByOn = True
>            End With
>
> Now...the wierd part is that this code was working perfectly for the last
> several days until tonight.  This code runs EVERY time the main form loads
> and I have never received any error message until now.
>
> I read a few posts in other forums and got the impression that
> reinstalling
> Access might be the best thing to do - so I did that.  No good.  Then I
> ran
> the application on another computer and got the same error there.
>
> Now I'm stumped.  Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?
>
> Thanks!
> Todd

0
AllenBrowne (3681)
8/11/2004 6:15:03 AM
Decompile (using the /decompile command line option on MSACCESS.EXE)
and Re-compile. You may just be seeing a code loading failure.

(david)

"Todd" <todd.penlandNOSPAM@SPAMNOpenland.net> wrote in message
> This has really been my day for wierd problems sorting one of my forms (a
> subform actually)...  so here's another one.
>
> I am now receiving the following error
>
>              Run-time error '-2146500594 (800f000e)':
>
>              Method 'Form' of object '_SubForm' failed
>
> The code breaks on the first line of the following section of code:
>
>             With Forms!frmInventory![Auto Parts].Form
>                 .OrderBy = "fldPartInvNo"
>                 .OrderByOn = True
>             End With
>
> Now...the wierd part is that this code was working perfectly for the last
> several days until tonight.  This code runs EVERY time the main form loads
> and I have never received any error message until now.
>
> I read a few posts in other forums and got the impression that
reinstalling
> Access might be the best thing to do - so I did that.  No good.  Then I
ran
> the application on another computer and got the same error there.
>
> Now I'm stumped.  Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?
>
> Thanks!
> Todd

0
david