Microsoft Access 2003 with SQL 2000 Server

Hi,

Just wonder is access 2003 compatible to sql 2000 server???

forum8113 (49)

saya via AccessMonster.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just wonder is access 2003 compatible to sql 2000 server???

It will connect to one if that's what you mean.

--
1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly
n33d t0 g37 l41d

0
nospam1955 (773)

tcl database connection for Oracle MySQL PostgreSQL Sybase "Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine" DB2 Interbase/Firebird SQLite Microsoft Access
Hello everyone, There are many people that are looking for/missing the support for their database within TCL. Somehow this was overlooked: http://sqlrelay.sourceforge.net/index.html It has native TCL API and supports most popular databases. One problem: It doesn't have production ready support on Windows, but for the lucky people who use Linux/Unix, it seems to be an excellent solution, while TDBC is being developed. One small correction, the TCL part of the db connection will work just fine on Windows connecting to sqlrelay running on Linux/Unix (which, in turn, can connect to the database running on Windows :) ). What doesn't have production ready support (according to developers) is sqlrelay running on Windows. ...

View Access 2003 database in Access 2000
How can i view in Access 2000 a mdb created in Access 2003? rahulghai12@gmail.com wrote: > How can i view in Access 2000 a mdb created in Access 2003? > look here http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HP051863711033.aspx ...

Converting SQL Server 2000 query to MS Access 2000 query
Hello! I am trying to convert a query written for SQL Server 2000 database tables, to a MS Access query. Here is what I have in SQL Server: SELECT t2.*, CASE WHEN t2.QType = '3' THEN t1.Note ELSE CASE WHEN t2.QType = '2' THEN CASE WHEN CONVERT(varchar(100), t1.ANumber) = '1' THEN 'Yes' ELSE 'No' END ELSE CASE WHEN CONVERT(varchar(5), t2.Qnumber)+'.' + CONVERT(varchar(5), t1.ANumber) = t2.SubQ THEN 'Selected' ELSE 'Not Selected' END END END AS Client_Response FROM (SELECT * FROM ClientAnswer WHER...

what is equivalent of format(date) function of MS Access in MS Sql Server 2000
Hi All, I am facing a problem with a sql what i used in MS Access but its not returning the same result in MS Sql Server 2000. Here i am giving the sql: SELECT TOP 3 format( MY_DATE, "dddd mm, yyyy" ) FROM MY_TAB WHERE MY_ID=1 The above sql in ACCESS return me the date in below format in one column: Friday 09, 2003 But in Sql server 2000 i am not getting the same format eventhough i am using convert function, date part function etc. Please if you find the solution would be helpful for me.. Thanks Hoque Hi If you field is a datetime, you can use the CONVERT function to conver...

Access MS SQL Server 2000?
------_=_NextPart_001_01C3B4EB.13FA7080 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Hello Guys, How can I access MS SQL Server 2000 database from Ruby? Is there a library I can use? Lennie De Villiers ------_=_NextPart_001_01C3B4EB.13FA7080-- Lennie DeVilliers wrote: > Hello Guys, > > How can I access MS SQL Server 2000 database from Ruby? Is there a library I > can use? > > Lennie De Villiers > > Check sqlrelay: http://sqlrelay.sourceforge.net/ I tested it a very short time only (I think with a MS SQL 2000, not even sure;-), so I can...

Access 2k upgrade to Access 2003 or SQL Server Express?
I'm having a system using Access 2000 as both front-end (queries, forms, reports & temp tables for reports) & back-end (data) with back-end running on the server. The application runs on the network with around 15 users. The back-end database is suffering from performance issues. There were several corruptions since few months & one major corruption & corrupted the MSysObjects table. Also, the system will run batch process that generate hundreds to thousands of records in the transaction table, which caused the transaction table being locked even though users just trying to add new transactions even though the database has been selected to use record-level locking. Furthermore, some queries are very slow as they query the transaction table which has over 1.3 million records. The company has just been covered by the corporate license (as a company of the group) to update all PCs to Office 2003. Is upgrading to Access 2003 help to get the system more stable/reliable? Is Access 2003 not so easy to corrupt? Can we get true record-locking or still suffering from locking pages or even the whole table when adding hundreds of records? As upgrading to SQL Server is not an option at the moment (due to the budget), I'm also looking to the SQL Server Express which is free. But how hard is it to upgrade to SQL Server Express? There are lots of codes using DAO recordset in the application, do I need to change all to ADO? Is the front-end still in .MDB (database) ...

Moving data from MS SQL Server 2000 or MS Access XP to UniData 5.2.9
Complete MVDBMS neophyte -I may not even qualify at the neophyte level- that needs a simple solution to move data -in batch initially...real-time eventually- from RDBMSs such as SQL Server 2000 or Access 2002 (XP) to UniData 5.2.9. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. --Ryan N. Ryan N. wrote: > Complete MVDBMS neophyte -I may not even qualify at the neophyte > level- that needs a simple solution to move data -in batch > initially...real-time eventually- from RDBMSs such as SQL Server 2000 > or Access 2002 (XP) to UniData 5.2.9. > > Any leads would be greatly appreciated. > > --Ryan N. Accuterm, look at the Excel option, and then the scripting to move it on. www.asent.com Better yet, most likely you need a consultant. Check out Tony Gravagno. He's good at building interfaces, and has most of the tools pre-built. He is at http:(no spam)//nebula-rnd.com/ get rid of the (no spam) HTH, Patrick <;=) "(Latimerp)" <"(Latimerp)"@comcast.net> wrote: >Ryan N. wrote: >> Complete MVDBMS neophyte -I may not even qualify at the neophyte >> level- that needs a simple solution to move data -in batch >> initially...real-time eventually- from RDBMSs such as SQL Server 2000 >> or Access 2002 (XP) to UniData 5.2.9. >> >> Any leads would be greatly appreciated. >> >> --Ryan N. > >Accuterm, look at the Excel option, and then t...

Re: Access MS SQL Server 2000?
Hello, Thank you! This page: http://sqlrelay.sourceforge.net/sqlrelay/programming/rubydbi.html Show how to use SQLRelay with Ruby. Lennie De Villiers -----Original Message----- Lennie DeVilliers wrote: > Hello Guys, > > How can I access MS SQL Server 2000 database from Ruby? Is there a library I > can use? > > Lennie De Villiers > > Check sqlrelay: http://sqlrelay.sourceforge.net/ I tested it a very short time only (I think with a MS SQL 2000, not even sure;-), so I can't say more about it. Raph ...

MS-Access 2003 & SQL Server
I have a form in a Access Project (SQL DB on the back end). On this form I have created a Combo box that pulls a list of dept and dept #'s from the DEPT table, and displays the dept name in the Combo box. I tried a view instead of a table but the Combo box would not update. On this form I also have a sub form. The sub form has on it, among other things, the following fields; SVCCODE, SVCODE TOTAL. I also have hidden on the sub form a GLCODE and GLDESC fields. What I need to happen is when the Main form Combo box is changed to a new dept desc, let say Radiology, I want the subform to display the radiology SVCCODE's only. What is actually happening is when the form opens a list of SVCCODES are displayed, I am not sure what they are connected to, and when I choose a dept name from the combo box the SVCCODE's display, on the subform, the department list of service codes. For example when I open the form, the subform starts off with the list of service codes I mentioned above and the Combo box is blank, but then when I change to a different department, in the combo box on the main form, the subform does not display those SVCCODE records correlating to the main forms combo box, instead it displays the SVCCODE's for the department in the list from the department table. So if I change to Radiology, it does not care and displays the BLOOD BANK SVCCODE's, those being the next department. One side note I can hit enter with the Combo box highlight...

Sql Server 2000 linked server to Access 97/2000 incompatability
We are experiencing a problem with Sql Server 2000 linking to an Access 97 file. We have two machines that link to this .mdb file, and we recently upgraded one to newer hardware, SP3a, MDAC 2.8, etc. The link on this upgraded machine no longer works, giving this message: Server: Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 OLE DB provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' reported an error. [OLE/DB provider returned message: Cannot open a database created with a previous version of your application.] OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' IDBInitialize::Initialize r...

Access database(Jet Engine) and SQL Server or SQL Server express
Hi, I am trying to find out what are the big differences between access database Jet engine and SQL Server? If I have serveral web applications (same content different copies) running as different sites(on IIS), each site using an access as a back-end database, all sites will be running simultaneously, all the access databases are on the same machine, on this approach, does each copy of access has its own Jet engine to handle database transaction or only has one Jet engine with multiple threads handles multiple copies of access database. Also, I'd like to know what kind database, and data...

Too few parameters expected 2 error occurs after migrating "MS Access 2000" to "MS SQL Server"
Hello all I get Too few parameters expected 2 error and "The MS Jet Database engine cannot find the input table or query "myTempTablename". Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly. 3078" after I migrated "MS Access 2000" to "MS SQL Server 2000" and relinked all linked tables. The front-end interface of my application is MS Access 2000. The back-end is MS SQL Server 2000. After I migrated the database and relinked all linked tables, "Too few parameters expected 2" and "input table or query "myTempTablename" 3078" error occurs. I found a article in Microsoft website. The "Too few parameter" error occurs because the limitation of the MS Access ODBC driver. If it is, any solution? Thanks in advance Cheers Bon Hi Bon, If you mean you are getting the error when you are trying to relink the tables through ODBC, then the problem could be - if your table(s) had a memo field, that sql server picked up the memo field as a varchar, and Access is trying to read a text field that exceeds 255 chars. You need to go to Query Analyzer (sql server QA) and run some queries against the offending table to see what the text length is in your varchar fields in the sql server table. And if Sql Server did pick up an Access memo field as a Sql Server Text field, ODBC can't read Sql Server Text fields. If any of the varchar fields exceeds 250 chars (for me I get errors after exceeding 250 cha...

Converting from Access 2000 to Access 2003, execute for a sql insert, update not working
Hi all, I'm sure someone knows about this problem. I have an Access database designed in Access 2000, connected to an ORACLE 8i back end. On the ORACLE side I have stored procedures, triggers and views that kick off at different times. My Access 2000 database works well. Problem: I converted the database to Access 2003 am using ORACLE again as my back end (they have updated the drivers in Oracle to 9i). I an trying to execute a querydef, when I follow both programs in 2000 the .Execute executes, when I run it in 2003 it hits the .execute and seems to goto the On Error GoTo proc_err procedure which brings up a message that there is someone putting the same information into the table. Can anyone tell me why the .execute works in 2000 but not 2003 and is this a problem with XP compared to 2000. Set qdf = CurrentDb.CreateQueryDef("", strSQL) With qdf .Connect = strConnect .ReturnsRecords = False 'Perform the insertion, allowing 3 retries on error in case of contention intRetry = 0 On Error GoTo proc_retry .Execute On Error GoTo proc_err Christine.Misseri@pw.utc.com wrote: > Hi all, > > I'm sure someone knows about this problem. I have an Access database > designed in Access 2000, connected to an ORACLE 8i back end. On the > ORACLE side I have stored procedures, triggers and views that kick off > at different times. My Access 2000 database works well. > > Pro...

Adding records to a SQL Server database from MS Access
Thanks in advance for your help. I have just upsized an Access database to SQL Server with the hope of using a fairly extensive Access application that was part of it. But now, the forms will not allow the addition of new records (the >* button is greyed out). The forms use a macro to advance the dataset to a new record. How can I get the additions (inserts) turned back on? Regards. ...

Access 2003 and SQL Server 2000 record locks (long)
Hello everybody, I've got a bit of a situation that I could use some guidance with if possible. I work for an auditing firm where my users audit electronic shipping data for customers to see if they've been overcharged for shipments by truck and rail carriers. 99.9% of the time, one of our auditors needs to see all data sent by a customer in datasheet view so that they can sort records in many different ways looking for duplication of bill payments over a specific time period. This might involve as little as 100 records for a small client or 200,000 or more records for a larger client. I know this sounds ludicrous to have that many records open at one time in a form, but you would not believe what our auditors have found at times and thus have recovered many thousands of dollars for our clients just because they can see the whole picture of charges in one screen full of data. The nature of our business basically violates every database rule there is about only retrieving small datasets and disconnecting the recordset. The problem I'm having at this using Access 97, 2000 or 2003 as the frontend and SQL Server 2000 as the backend...record locks that escalate into full table locks / deadlocks if a user doesn't goto the end of a recordset with a query/form open so that Access releases the locks. Sorting of a recordset in a form causes entire the entire query to be re-run thus pulling the entire recordset back over the network to the machine and then creatin...

Php and DataBase Abstraction for mySql, Sql Server, and MS Access?
Is there a good DataBase Abstraction layer that will handle the mySql, Sql Server, and MS Access engines? I do not wish to write the same functions with the three different PHP db functions. I see that php_dba is listed as an extension, but I determine which DBs are supported. However, I think that it does not support the ones I need. Thanks David wrote: > Is there a good DataBase Abstraction layer that will handle the > mySql, Sql Server, and MS Access engines? I do not wish to write the > same functions with the three different PHP db functions. > > I see that php_...

Web resources about - Microsoft Access 2003 with SQL 2000 Server - comp.databases.ms-access

Microsoft Corporation

Microsoft Cloud Partner - Home

Microsoft Hohm Service Discontinuation
Microsoft-Hohm discontinuation message