Missing Controls on Form

I have just sent a demo database to a client.  They are using a new PC
with a fresh install of Office XP.  One of the main forms of the
database is not showing any of its textboxes - just a blank form.  The
database was written using Access 2003 and I have sent them an mdb,
not an mde.  Could this be a Service Pack issue?  I'm not sure if any
of the Office XP Service Packs have been installed on their machine.

Any help would be appreciated.
0
cqdigital (532)
8/11/2004 3:01:08 AM
comp.databases.ms-access 42535 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Could it be that there are no records in the RecordSource for that Form and
it does not allow adding new records? In that case, Access will not display
the TextBoxes and associated Labels... by design. Don't ask me why they made
that design decision, but they did.

   Larry Linson
   Microsoft Access MVP

"Wayne Aprato" <cqdigital@volcanomail.com> wrote in message
> I have just sent a demo database to a client.  They are using a new PC
> with a fresh install of Office XP.  One of the main forms of the
> database is not showing any of its textboxes - just a blank form.  The
> database was written using Access 2003 and I have sent them an mdb,
> not an mde.  Could this be a Service Pack issue?  I'm not sure if any
> of the Office XP Service Packs have been installed on their machine.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

0
bouncer (4167)

Forms/Subforms in MS Access Database

Open Form in Ms-Access from a hyperlink by using dhtml control
Hey ! I'm having a little ms-access application problem. in form A I have a dhtml control which I'm trying to assign it's documentHtml property a html string. I want that the html string will contain a hyperlink which open another form in access. Can I do that ? David ...

MS Access 2002
MS Access 2002 - query form control returns funny symbols like [][] I am running an append query on a form. Access is having trouble with the calculated fields and comboboxes. Example &#8211; referring to forms!FormName!ControlName within the query should return the value of that control, correct? I am receiving symbols such as boxes [] or [][] as well as Chinese symbols. Any thoughts as to why this is happening. thanks This happens if Access does not understand the data type of the calculated controls. Typecast the calculated fields, and set the Format of unbound controls. For more detail, see: Calculated fields misinterpreted at: http://members.iinet.net.au/~allenbrowne/ser-45.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia. Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Dman" <Derekst@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:b5358ccf.0411011951.51ec395e@posting.google.com... > MS Access 2002 - query form control returns funny symbols like [][] > > I am running an append query on a form. Access is having trouble with > the calculated fields and comboboxes. Example &#8211; referring to > forms!FormName!ControlName within the query should return the value of > that control, correct? > > I am receiving symbols such as boxes [] or [][] as well as Chinese > symbols. Any thoughts as to why this is happening. thanks ...

MS Access 2000 VBA Code Shows Totally Incorrect Date from Controls on a Form
Hi, Sorry for my English. English is not my native tougue. I am working in MS Access 2000 with a SQLServer 2000 Backend database. MS Access 2000 is my GUI front end that has SQLServer linked tables in it. One of my forms has two TEXT BOX controls formated as Short Date. The form is binded to a linked table. The linked tables has about 7 records and one of the control is binded to a table field. These two controls displays the date correctly as 01/07/2006 and 31/07/2006 (I am running Windows XP, my regional setting is set to English Australia, location is set to Australia, language for non-Unicode programs is set to English Australia, and my date format is set to d/MM/YYYY) when the form is running. I have some VBA code behind the form to print out these two dates to a text file. The dates show up as 30/12/2005 and 30/01/2006. I really do not know why these dates are totally different. Here's my VBA code: Open "C:\Results.txt" For Output Access Write Lock Write As #1 Print #1, "GL run from "; Me.txtFromDate; " to "; Me.txtToDate Print #1, "" :: :: Close #1 I am hoping some one has come across with this problem. Thanks in advance, Easystart oh, so you mean you're just outputting everything to a text file? My guess is that since MS stores all it's data in US format, your have to force it into Australian format when you write it to the file. What happens if you use Format() and force it into the format you want? T...

How to connect MS Access form to MS SQL Server
Hello all I created an application which use MS Access 2000 as user interface and MS SQL Server 2000 as backend. If I want to get data from MS SQL Sever 2000 and display them on the MS Access 2000 form, where do I set the database connection to the form (i.e. tell the form to get data from MS SQL server database)? Thanks Bon In Windows control panel, admin tools, data sources (ODBC), create a system DSN of type SQL server and fill in the parameters for your SQL database. In Access, select file / get external data, files of type ODBC. Select machine data source, select the DSN you created and the table(s) you need. ...

how to access database control of many oracle10g database instances on same server
I am on Redhat Linux 9 and using Oracle 10G (10.0.1.3?). I know how to create a Oracle database instance and use EM database control to administer the database. To access database control from a browser, Oracle asks to enter a URL: http://server_name:5500/em The URL does not specify the ORACLE_SID. I however want to create several database instances on the same box. Will Oracle automatically set up a different port (e.g., 5501) for second instance. All the documentation I have found on Oracle's web site refers to a single database instance on a server. Appreciate any pointers. Thanks a lot, Prem You need to read about Grid Control. Actually when you create your database using DBCA, it should ask you whether you want to use Grid Control or DB Console. Jining Han Jining Han wrote: > You need to read about Grid Control. Actually when you create your > database using DBCA, it should ask you whether you want to use Grid > Control or DB Console. > > Jining Han I hae read about Grid Control, but I think there is still a way to access many instnaces on the same server using database control. Prem Of course you can, a DB Console for each database, and you can choose that as your preferred approach, too. But I really think it's a waste of resources and a big inconvenience. You are probably better off with the "tradictional" desktop console. Just my 2 cents. Jining Han <premmehrotra@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:...

Making MS Access Form as a standalone form like in VB
Well, its sames difficult for me; I love access so much and wish to make it perform extra task. I prepared an HTML form but can not connect it to my access table and so I think it is possible to make an access form a standalone form for user input. Can anyone assist. My mail add is dianafather@aim.com. *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Oscar, why don't you just code up a VB form for user input and connect it to an Access backend? To my knowledge, you can't force an Access form to exist outside of Access. Your users would have to open the Access file to enter data, no matter how you set up the Access form. On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 11:35:09 GMT, Oscar N. Goyee <dianafather@aim.com> wrote: It's poor newsgroup practice to ask for email responses. Unlike what Steve said, you can create a form that lives outside of the Access main window: make it a popup. There is also nifty code out there (google for it), that puts the Access main window behind that popup, and moves it with it when it moves. To the end user it appears you have a single-form application. -Tom. >Well, its sames difficult for me; I love access so much and wish to make >it perform extra task. I prepared an HTML form but can not connect it to >my access table and so I think it is possible to make an access form a >standalone form for user input. Can anyone assist. My mail add is >dianafather@aim.com. > > > >*** Sent via Developersdex http://ww...

OT: MS Access runtime wants to control all MS Office charts
Office 97, Access 97, Sagekeys scripts. In addtion of Access 97, my runtime package is installed too. This is an old application that has been running since 1998. The customer is happy with it. I have a glitch in.... Powerpoint 97. When an user double-clicks a chart, it starts my Ms Access Runtime Installer! It will do the same if he right-clicks and uses 'Edit'. If he selects 'Open', it will do it in a separate windows and it is Ok. Thius probably comes because MS Chart is shared among office apps. I would really like to have this problem even if there is a turnaround and I have the feeling that the solution should be in the registry, but I can't find where. Any help appreciated. TIA. "saintor1@hotmail.com" <saintor1@hotmail.com> wrote in news:1183816847.132126.79420@c77g2000hse.googlegroups.com: > Office 97, Access 97, Sagekeys scripts. In addtion of Access > 97, my runtime package is installed too. > > This is an old application that has been running since 1998. > The customer is happy with it. > > I have a glitch in.... Powerpoint 97. > > When an user double-clicks a chart, it starts my Ms Access > Runtime Installer! It will do the same if he right-clicks > and uses 'Edit'. If he selects 'Open', it will do it in a > separate windows and it is Ok. Thius probably comes because > MS Chart is shared among office apps. > > I would really like to have thi...

Making a form control the criteria for the sql statement of another control (Access 2003)
I have two comboboxes on a form. Combobox1 uses field1 in another table as its source of data. What I want to do is to enable combobox2 to use field2 in that table, but only to show the rows of data that contain the item selected in combobox1. At the moment I can easily write a SQL statement with a WHERE clause, but I only know how to specifiy static criteria. What I want is a variable criteria, where the criteria is the data contained in combobox 1. Is this possible? thanks for any help :) Ste "SteMc" <google@jasmonio.supanet.com> wrote >I have two comboboxes on a form. Combobox1 uses field1 in another table > as its source of data. What I want to do is to enable combobox2 to use > field2 in that table, but only to show the rows of data that contain > the item selected in combobox1. > > At the moment I can easily write a SQL statement with a WHERE clause, > but I only know how to specifiy static criteria. What I want is a > variable criteria, where the criteria is the data contained in combobox > 1. In the AfterUpdate event of ComboBox1, specify the Row Source of ComboBox2 as a SELECT query. So if the first combo selects the state, then the second combo of cities is filtered by that state: Private Sub cboState_AfterUpdate() Me!cboCity.RowSource = "SELECT city_id, cty_name FROM city WHERE city_state = ' " & Me!cboState & " ' " Me!cboCity.Requery End Sub -- Darryl Kerkeslager ...

MS Access Script to import data from external mde database to mdb database
Hi, Does anyone know of a way I can write a script that imports a table from a particular .mde file? I don't seen any obvious way to do it as a macro. Any suggestions if it can be done as a macro or as a written module? My ultimate goal is to have script that clears info out of 1 table in an .mdb file, imports an identically structured table from a .mde file, runs an append query I have in place to copy the data from the imported table to the table in my.mbd file, and then delete the imported table. Any help that could be provided would be greatly appreciated. Best wishes, George Hadley ghadley_00@yahoo.com With DBEngine(0)(0) .Execute "DELETE * FROM Suppliers WHERE SupplierID IN (SELECT SupplierID FROM Northwind.mde.Suppliers)" .Execute "INSERT INTO Suppliers SELECT * FROM Northwind.mde.Suppliers" End With Is this code I would run as a module? Yes or you could use the strings in two separate saved queries. ...

databases.ms-access
hi for fun masti, fashion, articles,mobiles, cars etc plz visit these sites http://www.familypk.com http://www.enttwist.com thanks ...

Web resources about - Missing Controls on Form - comp.databases.ms-access

From Armenia to Australia, how the mob controls the trafficking of ice into Australia
In America, they are called the "Five Families". The term refers to the five major New York organised crime families of the Mafia, with a history ...

From Armenia to Australia, how the mob controls the trafficking of ice into Australia
In America, they are called the "Five Families". The term refers to the five major New York organised crime families of the Mafia, with a history ...

From Armenia to Australia, how the mob controls the trafficking of ice into Australia
In America, they are called the &quot;Five Families&quot;. &nbsp;The term refers to the five major New York organised crime families of the Mafia, ...

Woman pinned to fence by out-of-control car on Rokeby Road in Subiaco
A fire extinguisher was used to break into an SUV to help a driver who appeared to have suffered a seizure after hitting a pedestrian on Rokeby ...

How-To: Reduce iPhone screen brightness beyond what’s possible in Control Center or Display & Brightness ...
... about sharing in the past, involves reducing iPhone screen brightness beyond levels that are possible with the standard brightness slider controls. ...

Stagefright-based ‘Metaphor’ exploit can take control of your phone in just 15 seconds
The old Android malware beastie is at it again, with researchers uncovering a new Stagefright-based exploit that can be used to take control ...

Creative Control explores the dark side of augmented reality—with humor
... Here's what the future looks like: collecting data on people while wearing AR glasses. 7 more images in gallery In the film Creative Control ...

4 Ways to Control Your Mind and Lose Weight
... after a week of eating the same things. I have found that almost anytime I have plateaued, a cheat meal has broken the plateau. Gain Control ...

Cruz on Border Control: 'Nothing Is More Important Than Having Boots on the Ground'
We know how to solve the problem of illegal immigration, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) told a gathering at the U.S.-Mexico border in Douglas, Arizona ...