Missing Controls on Form

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I have just sent a demo database to a client.  They are using a new PC
with a fresh install of Office XP.  One of the main forms of the
database is not showing any of its textboxes - just a blank form.  The
database was written using Access 2003 and I have sent them an mdb,
not an mde.  Could this be a Service Pack issue?  I'm not sure if any
of the Office XP Service Packs have been installed on their machine.

Any help would be appreciated.
0
Reply cqdigital (532) 8/11/2004 3:01:08 AM

See related articles to this posting

Could it be that there are no records in the RecordSource for that Form and
it does not allow adding new records? In that case, Access will not display
the TextBoxes and associated Labels... by design. Don't ask me why they made
that design decision, but they did.

   Larry Linson
   Microsoft Access MVP

"Wayne Aprato" <cqdigital@volcanomail.com> wrote in message
> I have just sent a demo database to a client.  They are using a new PC
> with a fresh install of Office XP.  One of the main forms of the
> database is not showing any of its textboxes - just a blank form.  The
> database was written using Access 2003 and I have sent them an mdb,
> not an mde.  Could this be a Service Pack issue?  I'm not sure if any
> of the Office XP Service Packs have been installed on their machine.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

0
Reply bouncer (4168) 8/12/2004 5:06:40 AM
comp.databases.ms-access 42168 articles. 10 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Form layout question: How move controls in a Form to (in) a Tab Control?
Hi, I created a form with a lot of controls on it. (textboxes, pulldown's etc.) Because the form is a little full I want to move the controls to different pages on a tab control. HOW can one do this?. If I drag them the tab control is not 'activated' if the mouse pointer is above the tab control. (if one creates a new textbox and place it on the tab control this tab control page turns black to show it's activated) This does not work while dragging??! Thanks in advance, Eddie Smit Holland. (The Netherlands) >Because the form is a little full I want to move the >control...

Controlling order of processing controls on a form
I am using a RecordSet to assign each persons name from the RecordSet as the ControlSource of a TextBox. There are about 50 names and about 84 controls, so there intentionally will be blank controls. These controls are arranged as a seating plan in a dining room. All works OK except I cannot establish in which order the controls are accessed in a loop:- For Each Ctl in Me.Controls .... .... Next Ctl. I Assumed the sequence would be in TabIndex order, but it isn't. Does anyone know how order they are processed in is workrd out, or more importantly how I can force them to be ...

copying controls from a form to a tab control
I have copied approx 20 controls from a form to a tab control for reasons of space. i now cannot run code triggered by the events of these controls. for example, the following will not trigger the message box when changed: Private Sub cboA_Change() MsgBox "combo A changed" End Sub the controls are all disabled and are only enabled when the previous control has a value set. any ideas? thanks Winshent Winshent, Instead of copying and pasting, try cutting and pasting. If you copy and then paste, the original controls stay on the form so when you paste the new controls get ne...

enable controls on tab control form
Hello, I am trying to enable controls based on the value of a checkbox, i.e. if value = true then enable. I have a tab control form with controls on 4 tabs. I have some code (below) on the tab control "on change" event. This works for the 'first tab' but then does not work for any other tab. Any ideas? Thanks! Dave Private Sub TabCtlPage2_Change() CmdExit.SetFocus 'set the focus to exit button Select Case TabCtlPage2.Value Case Is = 1 For Each c In Me.Controls If c.Tag = "PREABY" Then c.Enabled = Nz(Me.checkbox_PREABY.Value, True) E...

Lock a Sub-Form from a Form control
** Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated ** I have a main form with multiple sub-forms. On the main form, I have a checkbox that corresponds with each sub-form, and this checkbox will express the users desire to lock the ability to edit a corresponding sub-form. To do this, I figure that each checkbox will have : (1) the AfterUpdate property call a Macro or VB Module to execute the setting of the Allow Edits property of the sub-form and (2) the On Current or On Load property of each corresponding sub-form will also check the value of the checkbox in the main form to dete...

How to Automatically Resize Form Controls When Resizing a Form
Hello folks, I am an experienced developer with other languages and applications, but a neophyte when it comes to MS Access forms. Can someone please help get me with a solution for the following issue: On a form, I have an object (ImgEdit control from MS Imaging) that needs to automatically grow and shrink when a user resizes the form. The object *does not* need to grow and shrink based on the size of the image that is being displayed. Rather the object needs to grow and shrink so that it occupies the maximum possible screen real estate as the size of the form window is adjusted by the u...

Resize Form Controls and Subform Controls at the same time
In terms of resources, wondering if it makes a difference in adopting one of the three options below for resizing controls on a form and controls on a subform at the same time. option a.) Put the code all in the main form and refer to the controls on the subform in the main form's OnResize event. option b.) Put the code for the main form controls in the main form's OnResize event and put the code for the subform controls in the subform's OnResize event. option c.) Put all the code in a module and call it on the OnResize event of the main form. What this code is doing is positio...

Set form.control equal to subfrm.control before update
Here is what i have: (access 2000) tblOne: SampleNumber,LinkNumber,LinkSchedule (and other misc) tblTwo: EmpID,LinkNumber,LinkSchedule (and other misc) frmOne recordsource = tblOne subfrmTwo recordsource = tblTwo When i enter a LinkNumber in frmOne, it filters all of the records in subfrmTwo with the matching LinkNumber. LinkSchedules will be different, so there will be multiple entries with the same LinkNumber in tblTwo. After i enter a LinkSchedule in subfrmTwo, i would like it to update tblOne.LinkSchedule. Any thoughts or suggestions? ...

Form Control
Hi guys, I've started learning Ruby and I'm really, really enjoying it. I have no prior experience with any programming language, and I've been reading, listening and watching as much Ruby related material I can. Can someone please take a look at my code, it's s simple loop as per Chris Pine's Learn to Program book. This is what I've come up with to print the 99 bottles poem ----- 01| bottles = 99 02| 03| while bottles != 0 04| puts bottles.to_s + ' of beer on the wall! ' + bottles.to_s + ' of beer!' 05| puts 'Take one down, and pass it aroun...

Form Control
I had setup a form with Border style none. But as soon as I add a menu to do a right click event it displays the Border style. Is there a way to have the menu and not the Borders? All help appreciated. Regards, Carlos I can't repro that using VB6. -- Randy Birch MVP Visual Basic http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/ Please respond only to the newsgroups so all can benefit. "Carlos Beguigne" <beguigne@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1b19121d.0311031719.11ab0be3@posting.google.com... : I had setup a form with Border style none. But as soon as I add a : menu to do a right c...

Forms Control
Problem Description: I have a large form called Reports Menu that lists several reports that can be viewed or printed. Printing works fine. When I click view, the report opens behind the Reports Menu. I then have to minimize or close the reports menu to see it. Can someone help me with code to minimize the reports menu so I can view the report and when I close the report, restore the reports menu to it's original size. Here's a sample of the code I currently have. Private Sub View_Students_by_Last_Click() On Error GoTo Err_View_Students_by_Last_Click Dim stDocName As S...

KDE 3.51 / Missing Energy Control in Control Center
System: SuSE 9.3 / Intel Pentium 4 After the update to KDE 3.51 I'm missing the option to control acpi events in the control center. In 3.5 and earlier there was a module 'energy control', where you could change settings for acpi events. Also a kcmshell --list doesn't list a module laptop any longer. Is there a replacement or is this a bug. BTW the kdeutils3-laptop installed fine. TIA Roland ...

control in a form
Hi, I would like to change all background color of every control EXCEPT for the textbox, they stay white. for each ctrl in me ctrl.BackColor = varBackColor next This make everything the same color. The textbox are the same color. Is there something like if ctrl.type = Textbox ... Thanks a lot. ...

for each control in form
Hello to all, I have a form that I validate via javascript and have come across a bit of a problem with the radio buttons. In my main ValidateForm method after doing the usual checks for required fields and formating, I call out to a separate function to validate that all of the radio button controls have been answered (Yes or No) since I have not defaulted any of them. My requirement is to provide the radio name and the selected answer on FormPost so in order to achieve this it is my understanding that the radio buttons can not all share the same name. Also the radio buttons are dynamically...

Form controls
Greetings all! Before I ask a question I will try to provide a little background. I am currently working on an app(PD) that is essentially a search engine to find specific records. Once the record is found and data is verified, the user transfers it to another pre-existing application(AP). Front end for both apps is Access 97 while the backend is SQL2000. As for my question. After I transfer the record over to the pre-existing app(AP) I need to be able to set a combo box control value in one of its forms to the key value of the record transferred. The combo box in question is the criteri...

browser/ecmascript behavior when form controls lack enclosing form tag?
(I hope this isn't considered too far off-topic.) I work as a developer on a browser product found on handheld devices, and I'm trying to specify behavior for the browser to make it "as compatible as possible" with reference browsers (IE, Firefox, Opera, NS, etc??) when presented with HTML content containing form controls (input, textarea, select/option) in the absence of enclosing form element tags. Obviously in the absence of scripting, a form control without an enclosing form has no utility since there is no action associated with the control. But with ecmascript-mp now...

A2K3 form can't find a control on the form when loading!
Hi, This is bizarre. I've check and rechecked the spelling, cut and paste the name of the form (when trying to rename the form) and the control yet I still get a parameter prompt when the form runs. I've even deleted the control and started over. This is the code for the recordsource of the form: "SELECT * FROM qryGuestStorePurchases_pw WHERE purchaser=Forms!frmWalkUpPurchases_pw.cboGuests_pw; " I copied and pasted the name of the control: frmWalkUpPurchases_pw The 'Enter Parameter Value" I get when trying to run the form is for "Forms!frmWalkUpPurchases...

VBA Event Procedures in Form Module Lost Association to the Control on Form
I am using ADP projects in MS Access 2002. I have a recurring problem that happens rarely but I don't know why. I will have code form an event procedure on a control (e.g. the "OnDoubleClick" of a text box) that will work fine for months. Then suddenly, the VBA code will be in the module unchanged, but it will somehow lost its association with the control on the form! If I go to the control's properties and look at the Event there is nothing there even though the code for that event is in the form's module! I can click the "..." as if I were going to write ...

I have set up speed testing. I noticed that the majority of the time to load the login form (the form listed in my startup) is between the Form's Current event and the first control's Enter event. It's between 1 - 6 seconds between the two, which is by far the most time intesive part of the startup process. Are there any events that come between these two? I thought they were connected, and would be nearly simultaneous. I checked the control, it's first on the tab order. All my controls on the form are unbound. I even removed the images I had stored on the form --- all withou...

Adding controls to main form and editing button styles in main form
Hey, I am beginner(noob) in windows API still I wondered how to change my buttons style in main form if I create button here: hButton=CreateWindow("button","Click me",WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE, 70,60,150,30,hwnd,(HMENU)IDC_BUTTON,hIns,0); How would I change its style? It looks really old like. Please put example with if you want to help :) Thanks! On Aug 3, 10:00=A0am, Silvershaft <samppalehtonenle...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hey, I am beginner(noob) in windows API still I wondered how to change > my buttons style in main form if I create button here: &g...

Making a form control the criteria for the sql statement of another control (Access 2003)
I have two comboboxes on a form. Combobox1 uses field1 in another table as its source of data. What I want to do is to enable combobox2 to use field2 in that table, but only to show the rows of data that contain the item selected in combobox1. At the moment I can easily write a SQL statement with a WHERE clause, but I only know how to specifiy static criteria. What I want is a variable criteria, where the criteria is the data contained in combobox 1. Is this possible? thanks for any help :) Ste "SteMc" <google@jasmonio.supanet.com> wrote >I have two comboboxes on a fo...

Syntax form moving from page-to-page (actually, Tab-toTab) in Tab Control on form?
I thought it was DoCmd.GoToPage - but that doesn't work for Tab Controls, it seems - only for forms with page breaks in them. Anybody know Syntax form moving from page-to-page (actually, Tab-toTab) in Tab Control on form? On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 06:31:38 -0500, MLH <CRCI@NorthState.net> wrote: >I thought it was DoCmd.GoToPage - but that doesn't work for >Tab Controls, it seems - only for forms with page breaks in them. > >Anybody know Syntax form moving from page-to-page (actually, >Tab-toTab) in Tab Control on form? Courtesy of Rick Brandt in another thread... The...

Difficulty displaying graph in Form View that I see fine in graph control on form opened in design view
A97 Am having difficulty displaying graph in Form View that I see fine in graph control on form opened in design view. I know I'm doing something wrong. If I open the form in design view - I see the graph in the graph control. If I dbl-clik the graph control, microsoft graph opens and displays the graph fine there too. But for some reason, it doesn't display in form view. The only thing that does display is the Chart Title (microsoft graph). The only control on the form is the graph control. MLH wrote: > A97 > > Am having difficulty displaying graph in Form View that I see...

Missing Java Control Panel in START menu->Control Panel: Diff javacpl.cpl and javacpl.exe?
After having updated an existing 32bit J2SE installation (under 64bit Win7) by executing jdk-6u26-windows-i586.exe I miss the Java Control Panel in START menu Control Panel. What is the reason? How can I tell Java to offer/re-install such a menu entry? As far as I know I can manually call the Control Panel by clicking on one of the two files C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdkv1.6\jre\bin\javacpl.exe or C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdkv1.6\jre\bin\javacpl.cpl These seem to be only for JRE. What is the equivalent for JDK part? Is there any for the JDK part at all or only for JRE? What is the d...