Missing Controls on Form

I have just sent a demo database to a client.  They are using a new PC
with a fresh install of Office XP.  One of the main forms of the
database is not showing any of its textboxes - just a blank form.  The
database was written using Access 2003 and I have sent them an mdb,
not an mde.  Could this be a Service Pack issue?  I'm not sure if any
of the Office XP Service Packs have been installed on their machine.

Any help would be appreciated.
0
cqdigital (532)
8/11/2004 3:01:08 AM
comp.databases.ms-access 42528 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Could it be that there are no records in the RecordSource for that Form and
it does not allow adding new records? In that case, Access will not display
the TextBoxes and associated Labels... by design. Don't ask me why they made
that design decision, but they did.

   Larry Linson
   Microsoft Access MVP

"Wayne Aprato" <cqdigital@volcanomail.com> wrote in message
> I have just sent a demo database to a client.  They are using a new PC
> with a fresh install of Office XP.  One of the main forms of the
> database is not showing any of its textboxes - just a blank form.  The
> database was written using Access 2003 and I have sent them an mdb,
> not an mde.  Could this be a Service Pack issue?  I'm not sure if any
> of the Office XP Service Packs have been installed on their machine.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

0
bouncer (4168)

dialog box problem when controlling front panel remotely
I have encountered an issue with the Web Publishing Tool- I have a VI that calls a subvi that uses the Promt User for Input function.&nbsp; When controlling the front panel from another computer I get a message saying that you "Cannot control subVI front panels remotely" and points you to the machine actually running LabView to enter the information in the Prompt User dialog box.&nbsp; I set the subVI front panel to show when called, which does show the front panel of the subVI, but still get the error related to the dialog box. &nbsp; Is there any way to make this work?&...

Setting custom control attributes
I find myself trying to write a program with a custom control for the first time. It's created in the dialog resources with: CONTROL "", IDD_SAMPLE, 10, 80, 68, 47, "GlyphPreview", WS_GROUP | WS_VISIBLE And initialized immediately before the dialog is loaded with: WinRegisterClass( hab, "GlyphPreview", PreviewWndProc, CS_SIZEREDRAW, sizeof(PWNDPARAMS) ); So far, so good. What I need to be able to do is give this control three properties in particular: a text string, an integer value, and a font se...

Control Systems Toolbox application
Hello everyone I am just wondering if you can mention any company by name that uses Matlab's Control Systems Toolbox heavily or any journal or web sites that I can see real world applications of the Control Systems Toolbox. (I just ordered MatLab for Control Engineers by Katsuhiko Ogata (Paperback - Oct 20, 2007)through the library.) Thanks. "Mario Fatafehi" <coruba9@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:fqbi4i$kjv$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hello everyone > I am just wondering if you can mention any company by name > that uses Matlab's Control Systems Tool...

WebVPN missing on Cisco PIX 515 7.1.2?
I'm running Cisco PIX 515 7.1.2 software, but i cannot enable web vpn, what is wrong? thank in advance, Antonio Cisco PIX Security Appliance Software Version 7.1(2) Device Manager Version 5.1(2) Compiled on Tue 14-Mar-06 17:00 by dalecki System image file is "flash:/image.bin" Config file at boot was "startup-config" 01-gw up 11 days 6 hours Hardware: PIX-515E, 128 MB RAM, CPU Pentium II 433 MHz Flash E28F128J3 @ 0xfff00000, 16MB BIOS Flash AM29F400B @ 0xfffd8000, 32KB Encryption hardware device : VAC+ (Crypto5823 revision 0x1) 0: Ext: Ethernet0 : add...

missing header creating XML doc from XMLDOM
Can anyone help me with this problem. I'm using Oracle 9i and SQL Developer 1.0.0.15.27. Here is some test code. CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE TEST AS doc xmldom.DOMDocument; main_node xmldom.DOMNode; root_node xmldom.DOMNode; root_elmt xmldom.DOMElement; root_text xmldom.DOMText; root_name xmldom.DOMNode; v_cResult CLOB; BEGIN doc := xmldom.newDOMDocument; xmldom.setversion(doc, '1.0'); xmldom.setCharset(doc,'UTF-8'); main_node := xmldom.makeNode(doc); root_elmt := xmldom.createElement(doc, 'EMP'); root_node := xmldom.appendChild(main_n...

Re: PROC TABULATE -- missing output
Thank you Ya Huang and Yu Zhang. A misplaced colon, that should have been a semi colon, in a previous data step caused all of the class variable DEL_MTH to be missing. Rodney Rodney J. Presley, PhD Division of Hereditary Blood Disorders Work Phone: 404-718-8630 Main Number: 404-718-8600 Fax: 404-718-8650 Email: RPresley@cdc.gov -----Original Message----- From: Ya Huang [mailto:ya.huang@AMYLIN.COM] Sent: Monday, May 07, 2007 11:24 AM To: Presley, Rodney (CDC/CCHP/NCBDDD) Cc: Ya Huang Subject: Re: PROC TABULATE -- missing output Can yoou try add a missing option in the tabluate statment,...

Deuteros
I've just finished deuteros(again), a bit drawn out in the end, but a great game. I've researched the final tech, the unknown alien item, but my research board still has one item unlit, ie. I have never been given the chance to research it. Is it the Tachyon Transmitter? Or is this just the name for the 'unknown' alien item at the end? Or is Tachyon Transmitter another name for the Mass Transceiver(MTX)? What it the Tachyon Transmitter? I have seen this mentioned in Deuteros posts. The technology I dont have is in the right-hand column on the research boar...

Missing command "edit-options"
I am using XEmacs 21.4 (patch 21) "Educational Television" [Lucid] (i586-pc- win32) of Sun Oct 07 2007 on VSHELTON-PC2 Info node "(xemacs)Edit Options" describes two commands "list-options" and "edit-options" which don't seem to exist in my XEmacs. The second of these is also mentioned in Info node "(lispref)Defining Variables" and in node "(lispref)Style Tips". They appear to have something to do with customization of variables. Alan <wehmann@fnal.gov> writes: > I am using > > XEmacs 21.4 (patch...

WebBrowser Control Default View
Is there a way to set a WebBrowsers default view to Details instead of Icons???? ...

iBook Missing Sleep Software?
When I try to put my Dual USB iBook to sleep, I get the message that it can't because some software is missing, and that I should reinstall the OS that came with the computer. I can't do that because I don't have that disk, and I've upgraded to OS 9.2.2 in any case. Anyone know what could be missing? (It's not the Energy Saver CP, that's installed and functional.) ...

Out of control TEMP tablespace
Hi Gurus, Unfortunately, in our LIVE database the TEMP tablespace is set as UNLIMITED for max size with autoextend on. The tablespace was originally sized for 1000 MB but in the space of a few days has grown to over 25000 MB as a result of this my filesystem where this temp file is based is creaking! A couple of things; a) How can I reset the TEMP tablespace back so that it only grows to a more manageable size without bouncing the database? b) How do I decipher what caused this considerable growth in such a short space of time? Cheers, tb3101 On Feb 20, 3:54 am, trub3101 <trub3...@s...

serialisation of library with raw procedure in output form of a macro
Ciao, the following code runs fine under Ikarus, Larceny, Mosh, Ypsilon and Petite Chez Scheme; so, in his own way, it is "portable". The problem is that the library (application-library) is not serialisable: Precompilation of the library for Ikarus, Larceny and Mosh fails. The offending form is the RECORD-FIELD-ACCESSOR* macro defined in the library (features-library); what I want is its expansion to be a raw record field accessor (extracted in the expand phase), but I cannot find a way to do it in a serialisable manner. Suggestions? TIA (li...

Digital Certificate Manager
Hi all, I added a certificate to *SYSTEM and didn't put anything in the certificate label as it wasn't a mandatory field. When I try to set it as valid for FTP or try to delete the certificate I got the message "The certificate label is missing." Is there any way of getting rid of this certificate? Thanks, Neil On Dec 12, 12:27=A0pm, Newbie_Neil <n...@village-street.co.uk> wrote: > Hi all, > > I added a certificate to *SYSTEM and didn't put anything in the > certificate label as it wasn't a mandatory field. > > When I try to set it as vali...

Generating forms or processed form output using ssi
Hi, I am working on a a page ( index.shtml ) that has 3 div's. One of these is as follows: <div id="login" class="login"> <!--#include virtual="/cgi-bin/login_form.cgi" --> </div> login_form.cgi checks to see if there is a cookie present. If yes, it displays: < b > You are logged in < /b > If the cookie is not present, or contains invalid/expired entries, it displays a form: <form method="post" action="/cgi-bin/login.cgi"> <input..... <input.... </form&...

Leader selections missing from drawing?
Earlier today we had a power outage at my work, and after that the license server was messed up and had to be restarted. Now, I'm putting some notes into a drawing, and the only leader options it gives me are leader, no leader, auto leader, and underlined leader. I need to use the bent leader for consistency with earlier drawings I've made. Any ideas or workarounds? Have you restarted your machine since the crash? I've restarted several times, to no effect. What files would have been affected? Jeff wrote: > Have you restarted your machine since the crash? Resetting the...

bad channel on raid controller?
I've got a megaraid elite 1600 and when I attach my array to channel 1 ---I get multiple hard drive failures and wierd behavior such as hanging at boot. When I attach my array to channel 2 everything works fine. Is it possible for one channel to "go bad" while the other channel works correctly? I can get these cards pretty cheap now like $25 and it works for my purpose but I was just wondering if anyone had this happen and is it even possible? Todd "Todd Hayslett" <trhisdone@yahoo.com> writes: >I've got a megaraid elite 1600 and when I attach my ...

How I can use RTW to generate embedded code for motor control with multiple looping?
How I can use RTW to generate embedded code for motor control with multiple looping ? It is posible to generate the code for motor control in a single function ? Should I work with multiple sample time ? ...

iTunes out of control
I haven't needed iTunes in the month I've had Mavericks. Last night I double-clicked a wav file and iTunes came up asking me to sign its long user agreement. I didn't have time. I quit iTunes and used Quicktime, as usual. Today I shut down. After I restarted, iTunes repeatedly launched itself, demanding that I sign the agreement. I finally relented, signed, and quit. Since then, it has repeatedly launched itself, telling me to listen to iTunes Radio. Why is it launching itself? How do I stop it? On 1/11/14, 1:43 PM, J Burns wrote: > Why is it launchin...

Re: DOT is Missing for character variables?? #3 661288
kamensky@AECOM.YU.EDU wrote: >I just foond that SAS (9.1.3, XP) considers dot >as a missing value for CHARACTER variables. >Did I miss it in the documentation? >If not, is it an undocumented feature or a bug? > >DATA >TEST; > >LENGTH TEST >$1.; > >INPUT >TEST; > >CARDS; > >. > >; > >RUN; PROC PRINT DATA=TEST;RUN; >*output > The SAS System > > Obs Test > > 1 >; Well, actually you discovered that SAS has *always* made a distinction between the $w. informat and the $CHARw. informat. $CHARw. does n...

missing posts?
ok, um, am I just dreaming that I made a couple of posts yesterday? Is this group moderated and they were deleted? On 15 May, 13:50, Ben <benal...@yahoo.com> wrote: > ok, um, am I just dreaming that I made a couple of posts yesterday? Is > this group moderated and they were deleted? Have you checked c.d.o.misc? On May 15, 9:00=A0am, gazzag <gar...@jamms.org> wrote: > On 15 May, 13:50, Ben <benal...@yahoo.com> wrote: > > > ok, um, am I just dreaming that I made a couple of posts yesterday? Is > > this group moderated and they were deleted? > > ...

Anyplace Control 3.5
Anyplace Control provides a secure way for you to access and control remote PC from anywhere in the world just like sitting in front of your remote PC. The software displays desktop of remote computer on your monitor and allows you to use your mouse and keyboard to control remote PC. This easy to use and advanced software includes such features as remote installation, File Transfer, reboot and shutdown remote PC, clipboard transfer, etc. More Info: http://www.anyplace-control.com Download URL: http://www.anyplace-control.com/anyplace-control/data/AnyplaceControlInstall.exe Screens...

Missing Values #3
Dear All, I believe it was yesterday that someone raised a question about discovering records with missing values. I once was asked a similar question at an interview and muddled my way through. After the interview, I sat down at the computer and developed the following code. HTH, Jules Bosch dm 'clear out'; dm 'clear log'; dm 'clear out'; dm'clear log'; options nocenter obs=max formdlim='='; /*********************************************************************** This SAS program discovers any records with a missing value for any va...

Missing category
I am not familiar with Works....but a neighbor has a problem that I hope you can solve for me. When he launches Works, and clicks on Word to open word processing, the window that opens has a list under "Start a Word Blank document" : Bibleography Brochures ....... .......... Lawn and Garden Worksheets And in this spot should be LETTERS. He inadvertantly deleted this category. How do we get it back??? Really would appreciate some help on this. Teach........... ...

3d picture control, zoom to fit
Does somebody know how to do a "zoom to fit" for the 3d picture control ? Actually I'm playing around with the LabView 8.2 Evaluation Software and I couldn't find it out. &nbsp; Thanks, &nbsp; eis &nbsp; &nbsp; ...

spotlight missing
I'm on a Mac OS X system that doesn't have Spotlight on its desktop. How can I bring it out or run it? Dandelion wrote: > I'm on a Mac OS X system that doesn't have Spotlight on its > desktop. How can I bring it out or run it? > Install Tiger (10.4.x). Spotlight didn't exist in earlier versions. On 2006-05-28 15:23:11 +0300, Dandelion <Dandelion@greenfield.com> said: > I'm on a Mac OS X system that doesn't have Spotlight on its > desktop. How can I bring it out or run it? Spotlight exists in OS X Tiger, aka 10.4 , click Apple menu and ...