move a file (document) from an unbound object frame to a folder

It would make my clients life easier if he could place attached file
into an unbound object frame on a form. This activity causes bloat if
there are many such insertions. I would like to programmatically remove
the file from the frame and place it in a folder, rename it and save
the link (Path) the object frame for that record, any ideas out there?

Accessing Access database files
Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access database? I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run it because all my computers run Linux. -- martin@ | Martin Gregorie gregorie. | Essex, UK org | On 7/1/2014 9:28 AM, Martin Gregorie wrote: > Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java > program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access > database? > > I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table > contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run > it because all my computers run Linux. I haven't tried this myself, but Stack Overflow says: "You can use JDBC-ODBC bridge by calling: Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver") Then you can use JDBC database URL in form: jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=c:\\Nwind.mdb or if you configure your database in ODBC manager you can use its alias: jdbc:odbc:northwind " You might need an older copy of the JDK because the driver was removed in JDK 8. You can find drivers in a couple of places: http://jackcess.sourceforge.net/ http://ucanaccess.sourceforge.net/site.html On Tue, 01 Jul 2014 09:55:30 -...

unbounded MS Word document in an Access Report
All, I would like to create a professional looking cover sheet with information loaded from an MS Access Report. I created the cover sheet in MS Word that includes my company logo, etc. My only problem is when I insert the Word doc, the sizing is different. (i.e. the word document's width is 7.5", but when I insert it into the Access report - it's about 5") Under the OLE unbounded object Properties, I set the SIZE MODE to "STRETCH". Resizing does work to an extent, but not good enough. Other than that, I don't know what else to try. Am I reinventing the wheel? Is it possible to create a professional looking report (cover sheet) in the Report - design view using the tools in the Toll Box? I've wasted a lot of valuable time... any ideas? Rob On 23 Oct 2006 05:09:42 -0700, rmfoley@oasis.mediatti.net wrote: You could just print the coversheet from Word, using Automation. -Tom. >All, > > I would like to create a professional looking cover sheet with >information loaded from an MS Access Report. I created the cover sheet >in MS Word that includes my company logo, etc. > > My only problem is when I insert the Word doc, the sizing is >different. (i.e. the word document's width is 7.5", but when I insert >it into the Access report - it's about 5") > > Under the OLE unbounded object Properties, I set the SIZE MODE to >"STRETCH". Resizing does work to an extent, but ...

How to link fields in MS word document to Access database
Anyone have experience in linking fields in an MS Word document to an access database? What I am considering doing is taking an existing fill-in-the fields word document, for which I cannot now save the data, and allow it to be opened with no data, have the fields filled in and then save the data in an Access database. I also want to later select the document (from a file in the database), open the word document and populate the fields from the database. Of course if there are then any updates I want to put them back into the database. Workable? Anyone with sample code? Bob Alston On Jun 10, 6:21=A0pm, Bob Alston <bobalst...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Anyone have experience in linking fields in an MS Word document to an > access database? Hello Bob, Instead of Word documents I use RTF-documents. RTF-documents act just like Word documents in Word. The difference is that RFT-documents are plain text-files, and can easily be processed in Access to find - with the appropriate placeholders - the filled in information. HBInc. > > What I am considering doing is taking an existing fill-in-the fields > word document, for which I cannot now save the data, and allow it to be > opened with no data, have the fields filled in and then save the data in > an Access database. =A0I also want to later select the document (from a > file in the database), open the word document and populate the fields > from the database. =A0Of course if there are then ...

How to import a tab delimited text file into MS Access database
Hi, I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. I have a tab delimited text file that needs to be imported into a MS Access table. The table is created and the table structure is defined using DAO methods. So now I have to fill this table with the data in the text files. For a few rows in the text file, the number of columns could be less than the number of columns in the table. Can anyone please post me the code to do this. Thanks a ton in advance. Pradeep wrote: > I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. We'd be happy to give you the VBA code, but do you really want to throw away your C++ and use Microsoft Access for the job? If you want to keep C++, you can ask for C++ code in another newsgroup, because we'd just be guessing. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

MS Access Database File Size smaller then previous version
I am novice to MS Access Development, I regularly back my access database every 2, 3 days ...today when I was going to back my database I saw the access file on the network drive was only 9 MB in size, while the backup files that I had saved few days back were 258 MB in size. And the network drive is where the database is saved on. Can anyone suggest something why or how I can track what happend or a way to compare the backup database with the new database to see where they differ.. how to compare table size or forms size in the 2 database, anyone aware of any bugs that could cuz a sudden change in the Access Database size? Appriciate all your input. Thanks Knick -- Knick Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Knick via AccessMonster.com wrote: > I am novice to MS Access Development, > I regularly back my access database every 2, 3 days ...today when I was > going to back my database I saw the access file on the network drive was only > > 9 MB in size, while the backup files that I had saved few days back were 258 > > MB in size. > > And the network drive is where the database is saved on. > Can anyone suggest something why or how I can track what happend or a way to > compare the backup database with the new database to see where they differ.. > how to compare table size or forms size in the 2 database, anyone aware of > any bugs that could cuz a sudden change in the Access Database size? > ...

Reading an MS Access Database file on *NIX platform using PHP
I'm building a small web application for a friend using PHP. He'd like to use MS Access to keep the data in, and update the data on the site by FTP'ing Access files he edits on his machine up to the web host. The web host is unix-based (FreeBSD, slightly hacked by Verio, I believe), so this means COM functions aren't available. ODBC was my next thought, but I've never used it, and there are a few things I don't understand. Setting up a DSN is one of them -- apparently this isn't as simple as constructing a string, and all the tutorials I can find seem to involve ...

how to access data iin a MS Excel file using database components?
Can we read data in columns from an MS Excel file? It is possible to use the usual database components in the Delphi palete to read data in an excel file? but how? ...

How to reference the MS Graph control place inside an unbound object frame
I would like to set the value of the Y axes on my graph at runtime. I created the graph my opening a form and placing an unbound object frame on it then placed the MS Graph control into this. Next I copied / pasted this object into a report. How can I do this? I can't fiqure out how reference the MS Graph control in code. Thanks, TD On 4 Nov 2005 11:12:05 -0800, TD wrote: > I would like to set the value of the Y axes on my graph at runtime. I > created the graph my opening a form and placing an unbound object frame > on it then placed the MS Graph control into this. Next I copied / > pasted this object into a report. How can I do this? I can't fiqure > out how reference the MS Graph control in code. > > Thanks, > TD Graphs are in OLEUnbound controls. Here is an example setting the Chart's Title using code. Place the code in the Report Header Format event (or wherever it works for you). Me!OLEUnbound7.ChartTitle.Text = Forms!frmDate!Location & " Avg. Arrival Rate for the Year " & Forms!frmDate!StartDate Me!OLEUnbound7.Axes(2).HasTitle = False Me!OLEUnbound7.Requery Change OLEUnbound7 to whatever the actual name of your control is. -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail When I type Me.OLEUnbound3. there are no options like Axes() or ChartTitle. ...

How to corrupt a MS Access database file in a 'normal' way?
Here is the situation: I wrote a VB programm, which stores all the information in a single Access database file using jet engine. It worked well, however one of my customs reported that there was some problems with this programm. I checked, the log files showed that the database was corrupted. The customer told me that there no 'illegal' operation such as pull out the plug, or kill the programm via task manager... So is there any possible normal operation which could corrupt the database? such as 'Weird characters' I guess? (The custom is from Italy, is there any special Italian chars could do this?) Of course it is possible that there are some bugs in the programm, which possibly caused a error may corrupt the database file, but still, how? The program wasn't stopped violently anyway ... Anyone could give some idea about this? Since it is rather hard to talk to Italians... So I can not completely investigate 'what they did about the program'... I have to check the program and potential operations which may corrupt the database. Thanks a lot. shineofleo wrote: > The customer told me that there no 'illegal' operation such as pull out > the plug, or kill the programm via task manager... > Of course it is possible that there are some bugs in the programm, > which possibly caused a error may corrupt the database file, but still, > how? The program wasn't stopped violently anyway ... > > Since it is rather hard t...

Search multiple MS Access database files via asp.net web application
Hello all, We have a payroll application that runs with MS Access. It is comprised of several different database files and one ms access mdb file for each client. This means there can be from 10-1000 different MDB files. We have a web application that we designed to do various things with this payroll application. One of the problems is I want to be able to find what databse a specific piece of information belongs too. For example...We have a last name, or a social security number but we do not know which client it belongs to. So I want to be able to type in that info and find out which client that name or SSN belongs to. I do not have the ability to change any settings of these databases. I can only READ the data. I am thinking of making an "Index" of sorts that runs every night that compiles the various information (employee names, social Securty numbers, etc...) into XML files (one xml file for field) that contains the client database name and the field value. So that when a search is performed it is rather quick. Then it can re-index every night to get the latest information. When a match is found it displays the name of the client that it belongs too. Does this make any sence? I am stuck at this point. I'm not sure if this is the best way, or if I should just search each database everytime, one at a time (zzzz)? PLEASE HELP!!! willington79@gmail.com wrote in news:1136345241.425152.117510 @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com: > I do not h...

MS Access 2000 DB w/ Multi Read Only Users + Folder permissions & the Lock File
Database Users need to have Read/Write etc... permissions to the folder where the Database resides in order to create the lock file. I have read only users. I have set up the Shortcut that links to the 'Workgroup Info File' with permissions for said database. Within this 'WIF' File I have "Read Only" user's who are only provided access to the DB only so they can view the data. Now if I give them full permissions to the folder where the database resides, what am I to do to keep them from going to this folder & opening up the database directly using thier local 'WIF' File? Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks On 13 Mar 2007 11:53:38 -0700, paquer@gmail.com wrote: What can be preventing them from using the db any way but RO is the proper application of user-level security. If you do it properly, they can only do with the mdb (I'm assuming a back-end database) what you have already setup for them to be allowed to do. Applying this level of security is an advanced topic. Download, read, and fully understand the Access Security FAQ from microsoft.com before proceeding on a copy of your database (just in case you mess up). This level of security can reportedly be defeated by password crackers available on the internet. It is also a deprecated feature in Access 2007, so don't bet on it staying around forever. If you want real security, SQL Server is your ticket. -Tom. >Database Users need to have Read/Write etc......

Convert Access 2003 database file to Access 2010
How do you convert a Access 2002-2003 database file to a Access 2010 file format? According to Microsoft (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/ convert-a-database-to-the-accdb-file-format-HA010341552.aspx? queryid=34ea405f95aa4cb8b8ffb2764afb4993&respos=0&CTT=1) it is possible. When I tried this on the file tab it only displays the print options only. How can I get the save, save & publish, and other commands to display? My 2002-2003 Access database file has 3 tables, 19 queries, 5 forms, and 16 reports. After I open the file up it gives the "Security Warning: Soame active content has been disabled. Click for more details." then there is a button "Enable Content". Before and after I click the "Enable Button" the file tab only has print options available. Thank you for your help, jfcby jfcby <jamesfc30@gmail.com> wrote in news:f4dc9993-afa3-4fed-8180-22786eaa7f83@l14g2000yql.googlegroups.co m: > How do you convert a Access 2002-2003 database file to a Access > 2010 file format? > > According to Microsoft > (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/ > convert-a-database-to-the-accdb-file-format-HA010341552.aspx? > queryid=34ea405f95aa4cb8b8ffb2764afb4993&respos=0&CTT=1) it is > possible. When I tried this on the file tab it only displays the > print options only. > > How can I get the save, save & publish, and other commands to > display? ...

Re: MS/ACCESS file convert to SAS file,
On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 19:24:01 -0500, Little T <xiao.chacha@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >I use PC SAS import to read in a MS/ACCESS data and converted it into >SAS data in PC. I transfered it to UNIX to run my code. But the log in >said: "invalid header". Since PC SAS had no problem to run and output >a PROC CONTENTS list, I am confussed by this error. Why a MS/ACCESS >data converted by PC SAS can not be read in UNIX SAS? My hunch is that it has nothing to do with MS/ACCESS. Are you sure that you are using the appropriate engine for your UNIX platform? On the PC, try data MYLIB.class; set sashelp.class; run; where MYLIB is the same library you use for the data imported from MS/ACCESS. Then transfer mylib.class to the UNIX machine the same way you transferred the first data set. See how that works. ...

Web resources about - move a file (document) from an unbound object frame to a folder - comp.databases.ms-access

Killian documents controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The provider of the documents, Lt. Col. Bill Burkett , claims to have burned the originals after faxing copies to CBS. CBS News producer Mary ...

Secret documents reveal passionate affair
THIS is certainly not your typical love story. It is one full of betrayal, a love child and murder.

Level crossings: sky rail avoided delays and power shut downs, documents suggest
Premier Daniel Andrews' plan to remove level crossings in Melbourne's southeast could have been delayed by at least two years and caused countless ...

Former VW employee says he was fired after questioning deletion of documents
A former Volkswagen Group employee has sued the auto company, saying he was fired after he told VW’s in-house lawyers and its information technology ...

Chelsea Manning: Insider Threat document shows US government employees are under surveillance
The US government is busy putting thousands of its own employees under 'permanent surveillance' according to a document obtained by Chelsea Manning. ...

Hulk Hogan awarded $115 mn in sex-tape suit - Business Standard News New Document Widgets Magazine Widgets ...
The retired wrestler Hulk Hogan was awarded $115 million in damages on Friday by a Florida jury in an invasion of privacy case against Gawker.com ...

Xerox Printers Will Translate A Document Just By Hitting the Print Button
... to their multi-function printers. At its most basic, you’ll be able to tap a few buttons on a ConnectKey-enabled Xerox printer, scan a document, ...

Vatican monsignor admits to passing documents in trial
VATICAN CITY (AP) — A Vatican monsignor has admitted in court that he passed confidential documents on to journalists but said he did so at a ...

Documents with malicious macros deliver fileless malware
Spammed Word documents with malicious macros have become a popular method of infecting computers over the past few months. Attackers are now ...

Senate Committee Demands DHS Produce Whistle-Blower Smear Documents
Senate Committee Demands DHS Produce Whistle-Blower Smear Documents