Moving fields around in a Form

Is there a way to just move the field values and not the field descriptions
within a form in design view? I try to grab just those values and it takes
the descriptions with it. Some field names are a bit long and are running
into the values. I just want to move the values over a few grids so I can
see the description. There has to be a way. Thanks

0
m.doherty (20)

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 23:03:06 GMT, Mark wrote:

> Is there a way to just move the field values and not the field descriptions
> within a form in design view? I try to grab just those values and it takes
> the descriptions with it. Some field names are a bit long and are running
> into the values. I just want to move the values over a few grids so I can
> see the description. There has to be a way. Thanks

Select the control you wish to move.
The control and it's attached label become selected.
There will be a square in the upper left corner of the control.
Move the cursor over that square and it becomes a finger pointer.
Left-click on that square, hold and drag, and you can move that
control without moving it's attached label (and vice versa).
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

"fredg" <fgutkind@example.invalid> wrote in message
> On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 23:03:06 GMT, Mark wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to just move the field values and not the field
>> descriptions
>> within a form in design view? I try to grab just those values and it
>> takes
>> the descriptions with it. Some field names are a bit long and are running
>> into the values. I just want to move the values over a few grids so I can
>> see the description. There has to be a way. Thanks
>
> Select the control you wish to move.
> The control and it's attached label become selected.
> There will be a square in the upper left corner of the control.
> Move the cursor over that square and it becomes a finger pointer.
> Left-click on that square, hold and drag, and you can move that
> control without moving it's attached label (and vice versa).
> --
> Fred
> Please respond only to this newsgroup.
> I do not reply to personal e-mail

0
m.doherty (20)
10/19/2006 12:05:28 AM
Mark wrote:

> Thanks! Works great. Now can I do it for a range of field values not just
> one at a time? I want to move a bunch of them the same distance.

Sometimes what I do is make my labels all the same size.  Click to
select the labels and from the menu select Format/Size.  Then I can
select Format/Align to move them into aligned positions.
0
oil (4047)

Forms/Subforms in MS Access Database

Autopopulating fields in a form, MS Access 2000
I have a table of about 6000 clients which have unique client numbers. I am creating a data entry form to log contacts with the clients. I want the client information (Name, Sales Rep, phone number, etc) to autopopulate fields on the form when the client number is entered. I have seen this done on another database I have access to, but have been unseccessfull in recreating it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? you want to use Dlookup in an event procedure that runs after you update the client number "lvroye" <rpellington@cox.net> wrote in message news:1176677779.920120.301110@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... >I have a table of about 6000 clients which have unique client numbers. > I am creating a data entry form to log contacts with the clients. I > want the client information (Name, Sales Rep, phone number, etc) to > autopopulate fields on the form when the client number is entered. I > have seen this done on another database I have access to, but have > been unseccessfull in recreating it. Can anyone point me in the right > direction? > Hi Ivroye I would not be keen to do a dlookup after the even. For a start, you only get 1 value back at a time, which may make for slow processing when you have to get a lot of data back. Try something like this Client Number <after update> dim db as dao.database set db = currentdb() dim rst as dao.recordset set rst = db.openrecordset("select * from tblClientInfo wher...

MS Access Primary Field on form lookup
I am creating one of my first databases and definetly my first in Access 2007. This might not be possible but here it goes. I have several maintenace forms I need to create. Each of these forms has a related table with a primary key. One of these tables is a "Customer" table with the primary key being the "CustomerCode" On the form for data entry I would like to have the "CustomerCode" do the following 1) Have a lookup so I can easily go to what ever customer I choose for editing. 2) If the user enters a Customer Code that is not in the system then the form automatically knows this is a new record, clears the old data from the form and allows the user to enter the new record. 3) User enters a Customer Code that does exist then the record is retrieved for viewing and or editing. Am I asking to much from the system and is this even possible. Any help appreciated. Ray The Combo Box Wizard gives you options that do what I think you are asking for. In the Controls toolbar be sure you have the "magic wand" icon selected, then click on the Combo Box icon, move your cursor to approximately where you want it on the Form, and click, then follow the instructions in the dialog. Larry Linson Microsoft Office Access MVP "eighthman11" <eighthman11@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d5d903bc-1a06-4520-a0ab-641d0509086c@d8g2000yqf.googlegroups.com... >I am creating one of my first databases and defin...

How to link fields in MS word document to Access database
Anyone have experience in linking fields in an MS Word document to an access database? What I am considering doing is taking an existing fill-in-the fields word document, for which I cannot now save the data, and allow it to be opened with no data, have the fields filled in and then save the data in an Access database. I also want to later select the document (from a file in the database), open the word document and populate the fields from the database. Of course if there are then any updates I want to put them back into the database. Workable? Anyone with sample code? Bob Alston On Jun 10, 6:21=A0pm, Bob Alston <bobalst...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Anyone have experience in linking fields in an MS Word document to an > access database? Hello Bob, Instead of Word documents I use RTF-documents. RTF-documents act just like Word documents in Word. The difference is that RFT-documents are plain text-files, and can easily be processed in Access to find - with the appropriate placeholders - the filled in information. HBInc. > > What I am considering doing is taking an existing fill-in-the fields > word document, for which I cannot now save the data, and allow it to be > opened with no data, have the fields filled in and then save the data in > an Access database. =A0I also want to later select the document (from a > file in the database), open the word document and populate the fields > from the database. =A0Of course if there are then ...

MS Access 2002 problem: linked form fields in ODBC queries
Ok, my problem is the following: I have very complicated Access 97 databases that link through ODBC to Sybase databases. Now in some of the forms controls I had queries that used as "where clause" parameters form field values; For example: select foo from bar where a_colmun = [forms]![MyForm]![MyField] This worked in Access 97 but fails in Access 2002 (ODBC failure) when the table *bar* is an ODBC Sybase (in my case) linked table. If *bar* were a local Access table, the query would do fine. if i did select foo from bar where a_colmun = (select [forms]![MyForm]![MyFi...

HELP! Retriving field names and properties from MS Access database using ASP
Hi everyone! I have a really frustrating error and need help. I&#8217;m trying to do a function that gets the properties and names of the fields in a MS Access database using ASP. I haven&#8217;t programmed in a while so I&#8217;m quite lost. Once I have the my database structure I will insert the corresponding fields from a web form but the database is huge and I want to be able to change the database and form without changing the ASP code all the time. This is my function that is not working yet. I cant seem to connect properly to the database... Function InsertDataBase() ...

Accessing text form fields name=field[label]

Making MS Access Form as a standalone form like in VB
Well, its sames difficult for me; I love access so much and wish to make it perform extra task. I prepared an HTML form but can not connect it to my access table and so I think it is possible to make an access form a standalone form for user input. Can anyone assist. My mail add is dianafather@aim.com. *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Oscar, why don't you just code up a VB form for user input and connect it to an Access backend? To my knowledge, you can't force an Access form to exist outside of Access. Your users would have to open the Access file to ent...

MS Access database
A client of mine has another 3rd party program which uses MS Access database. They want my to create an additional program which is to read this data. My problem is that the database has a password on it. I know there are cracks available at a cost of USD$45.00+. Does anybody have a free crack to retrieve the database password? Would this be unethical or be a copyright of reverse engineering violation? The data is owned by the client so I recon is would be fine to read the data! Regards, Lance It's your data. As long as you don't sell it or use their data in any software that you...

MS Access Database
Hi, I am working on a database to keep track all the caller's info in the database. For example: After the user entered a caller's information in the database, and when that same caller called back again the second time and then some of their information and also the client id automatically appeared on the screen so that the user don't need to retype them again. I want to keep track of each record as new records. The Id and first name will be the same. When I run a report I can link them all together and knowing that this person had called in twice! Any suggesti...

databases.ms-access
hi for fun masti, fashion, articles,mobiles, cars etc plz visit these sites http://www.familypk.com http://www.enttwist.com thanks ...

MS Access databases
Hello, I have been trying to read a simple MSAccess database and show the records on screen but no success so far. I have created a DSN (Data Source Name) in my Win 2k box and the connection goes ok. But when I try to return a ResultSet using a simple SELECT statement, ("SELECT * FROM MyTable") no records appear. Database is Ok. It is a very simple table. I don't get *any* error message but also no records from it. Is there anything special I need to do for accessing it? Does anybody have a simple code for accessing MSAccess databases? (From DSN creation till sample code) Thanks in Advance. Java Newbie. import java.sql.*; public class DataBase { public static void main(String[] args) { String data = "jdbc:odbc:YahooAddrBook"; // data base friendly nam try { Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection( data, "", ""); Statement st = conn.createStatement(); String q = "SELECT * " + "FROM yahoo_ab " + // table name "WHERE (\"Last Name\" LIKE '"+ args[0]+"') "+ "ORDER BY (\"First Name\")"; System.out.println(q); ResultSet rec = st.executeQuery(q); while(re...

Web resources about - Moving fields around in a Form - comp.databases.ms-access

Moving Picture Institute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Moving Picture Institute ( MPI ) is an American non-profit organization and film production company founded in 2005 by human rights advocate ...

Facebook’s Fitness Apps Keep Users Moving With The Help Of Open Graph
The joy of working out with a Facebook-connected application is that even if you’re not jogging or cycling with someone in person, you can have ...

Wall Street Week is Moving to Fox Business Network
The iconic PBS business program Wall Street Week is getting a new start on Fox Business Network. This Friday, the half-hour broadcast will return ...

YouTube added a feature that makes it easy to blur out objects, even while they’re moving
Without a lot of fanfare, YouTube about two weeks ago added a new and advanced blurring tool that lets video uploaders easily and precisely blur ...

Austin's Moving Panoramas released 'One' (stream it), touring after SXSW
Austin's Moving Panoramas make hazy psych pop with the kind of intricate harmonies that instantly elevate things a couple inches off the ground. ...

Animals in Farmersville cruelty case moving from farm
Nine stallions go to the SPCA.More than 400 birds will be moved to two sanctuaries.And foster homes are being sought for 175 other animals – ...

A tech entrepreneur is moving his company out of Georgia because of its 'anti-gay' bill
... Kelvin Williams, founder of telecom company 373K headquartered in Georgia, tells Business Insider that he's already in the process of moving ...

Lindsay Lohan's "GTA" lawsuit moving forward
Two years later, finally a new development

Robin Ventura on moving past the Adam LaRoche saga
White Sox manager Robin Ventura talks about moving past the Adam LaRoche saga.

Police say bomb blast kills 15 on a moving bus in northwest Pakistani city of Peshawar
PESHAWAR, Pakistan (AP) — Police say bomb blast kills 15 on a moving bus in northwest Pakistani city of Peshawar.