MS Access 2.0 "reserved error -1302 There is no message for this error"

Hi, Folks!

	I am trying to resurrect a copy of MS Access 2.0 (MS Office 4.3) under WFW
	v3.11.  I cannot start up Access because of a couple of error messages
	(paraphrased):

1.	Opening Access: "Cannot open SYSTEM.MDA, file exclusively locked"

2.	When I try to join SYSTEM.MDA in Workgroup Administrator it goes through
okay but Access comes up with the same error message.

3.	When trying to create a new SYSTEM.MDA file in Workgroup Administrator:
"Reserved Error (-1302)..."

What the Fudge!?!

Does anyone know what's going on?

Does anyone know how it can be fixed?

Any feedback is appreciated.
TIA
0
xxx613 (1334)

Rename the file.  Check Share.exe

(david)

<xxx@yyy.zzz> wrote in message news:MY6dndjcvdjflQDdRVn2hA@giganews.com...
> Hi, Folks!
>
> I am trying to resurrect a copy of MS Access 2.0 (MS Office 4.3) under WFW
> v3.11.  I cannot start up Access because of a couple of error messages
> (paraphrased):
>
> 1. Opening Access: "Cannot open SYSTEM.MDA, file exclusively locked"
>
> 2. When I try to join SYSTEM.MDA in Workgroup Administrator it goes
through
> okay but Access comes up with the same error message.
>
> 3. When trying to create a new SYSTEM.MDA file in Workgroup Administrator:
> "Reserved Error (-1302)..."
>
> What the Fudge!?!
>
> Does anyone know what's going on?
>
> Does anyone know how it can be fixed?
>
> Any feedback is appreciated.
> TIA

0
david

Too few parameters expected 2 error occurs after migrating "MS Access 2000" to "MS SQL Server"
Hello all I get Too few parameters expected 2 error and "The MS Jet Database engine cannot find the input table or query "myTempTablename". Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly. 3078" after I migrated "MS Access 2000" to "MS SQL Server 2000" and relinked all linked tables. The front-end interface of my application is MS Access 2000. The back-end is MS SQL Server 2000. After I migrated the database and relinked all linked tables, "Too few parameters expected 2" and "input table or query "myTempTablename" 3078" error occurs. I found a article in Microsoft website. The "Too few parameter" error occurs because the limitation of the MS Access ODBC driver. If it is, any solution? Thanks in advance Cheers Bon Hi Bon, If you mean you are getting the error when you are trying to relink the tables through ODBC, then the problem could be - if your table(s) had a memo field, that sql server picked up the memo field as a varchar, and Access is trying to read a text field that exceeds 255 chars. You need to go to Query Analyzer (sql server QA) and run some queries against the offending table to see what the text length is in your varchar fields in the sql server table. And if Sql Server did pick up an Access memo field as a Sql Server Text field, ODBC can't read Sql Server Text fields. If any of the varchar fields exceeds 250 chars (for me I get errors after exceeding 250 cha...

Error Message Help "Error Accessing File"
Hello, I don't understand this error message." Error accessing File. Network Connection may have been lost." I'm not using any network connection for the database. In the VBA editor is goes to "Private Sub Form_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)". I have been making a bunch of changes and I'm sure I have done something to corrupt this mdb but I don't know where to start of this one. I hope there is help for me... Thanks Norris x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com x-- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups x-- Access to o...

Error Message: "Error accessing product object method"
We get the Error message "Error accessing product object method" when we execute the following Lotus Script instruction: Call outlineTW.Save() in an agent. Our developer uses the Notes 5 Designer and those who have problems use the Notes 6 clients. Could it be the cause of the prolem? Or else: any help please? Hi Lucky Luke, > We get the Error message "Error accessing product object method" when > we execute the following Lotus Script instruction: Call > outlineTW.Save() in an agent. What type of object is outlineTW? I'm writing a script lib...

Help! Error message: "Error accessing the file. Network connection may have been lost"
Help!!! I have been developing an application, and suddenly, whenever I try adding data, or adding a control to a form, I get the above message. I have tried moving the file from our server to the local machine, and also loading it from another machine, but to no avail. If I try and add data to a form, or click on a button on a form, the error message pops up and the VBA screen opens with the cursor at "Compare Database". Any suggestions gratefully received - it is, of course, urgent! Andrew Andrew Fenyo wrote: >I have been developing an application, and suddenly, whenever I try >adding data, or adding a control to a form, I get the above message. Take a look here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=304548 -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Re: MS Access missing values not picked up with "WHERE ... LE 0" #2
Tom, You might be interested in a paper I presented last month at NESUG: "Avoiding Common Traps When Accessing RDBMS Data." This is one of the situations that I discussed. It's available at http://www.nesug.org/Proceedings/nesug08/cc/cc01.pdf. HTH! Mike Rhoads Westat RhoadsM1@Westat.com -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Tom Frenkel Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2008 1:12 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: MS Access missing values not picked up with "WHERE ... LE 0" On Oct 15, 5:11 pm, hs AT dc-sug DOT org ("Howard Schreier)" wrote: > On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 12:55:37 -0700, Tom Frenkel <fret...@AOL.COM> wrote: > >To comp.soft-sys.sas -- > > >I'm reading a MS Access table, using a LIBNAME statement to assign the > >libref ACC. There is a "Date/Time" field called EndDate that contains > >missing values. I'm trying to print the observations with a missing > >value, or zero, in the field ENDDATE. When I write > > > proc print data=acc.StudentInstructors ; > > where enddate LE 0 ; > > >no observations with missing values of ENDDATE are printed! However, > >when I write > > > proc print data=acc.StudentInstructors ; > > where (enddate = . ) or (enddate = 0) ; > > >the observations with missing values of ENDDATE are, correctly, > >...

error: linking mysql tables (odbc) from ms-access: "Could not find installable ISAM"
I have been connecting to mysql tables from ms-access vba through odbc [MySQL] [ODBC 3.51 Driver] connection string and everything is ok. when I try to create a permanent link to mysql tables from ms-access menu > file > get external data > ODBC > user dsn, I get: =93ODBC call failed=94 error. when I try to create a permanent link from ms-access VBA ADOX, I get: "Could not find installable ISAM". when I search ISAM error I found http://support.microsoft.com/kb/209805/EN-= US/ article attributing error cause to unregistered dll, I have followed the 2 rec...

Strawman: Is MS Access a "database"?
I would argue that it is not. JET is a desktop DB engine. Sybase is a database Oracle is a database DB2 is a database. VB 6 is a front-end development tool. PowerBuilder is a front-end development tool. MS Access is a front end devlopment tool. --------------------------------------- What's got me going on this is that I keep hearing statements like "What! you're running a mission-critical application out of an Access database?" Or the latest, to the effect of, "Well, sure the app has been working a-ok for the past five years, but would you want people reading in th...

How To Accessing C++ Class objects in C : getting error fatal error C1189: #error : "eh.h is only for C++!"
hi , i am Getting this Error fatal error C1189: #error : "eh.h is only for C++!" my Problem is i am Having C++ librabry and Appropriate .h file i want to Access Them is .c File Files..... to Be More Specific i am Creating a C++ Object in a C file... this Giving me the error!!! :( can Any Body Please Help me How to Access the C++ object in C file... Thanks In Advance :) Hi, > How to Access the C++ object in C file... Please have a look at the following page http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/mixing-c-and-cpp.html Regards On Jan 7, 11:17=A0am, "sachinv1...@gmail.com" <sachinv1...@gmail.com> wrote: > hi , > i am Getting this Error > fatal error C1189: #error : "eh.h is only for C++!" > my Problem is i am Having C++ librabry and Appropriate .h file > i want to Access Them is .c File Files..... > to Be More Specific i am Creating a C++ Object in a C file... > this Giving me the error!!! :( > > can Any Body Please Help me > > How to Access the C++ object in C file... > Thanks In Advance :) In general, you can't. You can provide a procedural interface instead, and declare it in a header file like this: #ifdef __cplusplus extern "C" { #endif void some_function(int, char*, double); // or whatever #ifdef __cplusplus } #endif This can then be included from both C and C++. On Jan 7, 4:32=A0pm, tragomaskhalos <dave.du.verg...@logicacmg.com> wrote: > On Jan 7, 11:17=A0am, "...

[Urgent]: How To Accessing C++ Class objects in C : getting error fatal error C1189: #error : "eh.h is only for C++!"
hi , i am Getting this Error fatal error C1189: #error : "eh.h is only for C++!" my Problem is i am Having C++ librabry and Appropriate .h file i want to Access Them is .c File Files..... to Be More Specific i am Creating a C++ Object in a C file... this Giving me the error!!! :( can Any Body Please Help me How to Access the C++ object in C file... Thanks In Advance :) "sachinv1821@gmail.com" <sachinv1821@gmail.com> writes: > How to Access the C++ object in C file... > Thanks In Advance :) You'd be better off asking in comp.lang.c++. I know this sounds...

"inbox closed due to access error" message
That is the error message that I routinely get. Not a show stopper - I can always reopen the mailbox, but I'm curious if there are settings that manage this. It usually happens after I click cntl-x to send a message. I'm using PC version on a Windows computer. The issue happened in Pine, in Alpine 1 and now in Alpine 2. Again, nothing is lost - it's more an aggravation that I would like to fix - if possible. My email setup is IMAP, although it also happens for POP. thanks for any tips... -- _____ david On Wed, 27 Aug 2008, david wrote: > That is the error message...

MS Access Reserved Error -7778 #2
This occurs when I link MS Access 2000 to Sage Line 50 version 9 using an ODBC connection. The machine has recently been coneccted to a new Win2003 server. Any ideas? Cheers Graeme. ...

AFS compilation error "configure: error: no available sys_call_table access method"
I'm trying to build the afs module for Ubuntu hoary (kenel 2.6.10) and I am getting the following error. ..... checking if kernel uses MODVERSIONS... yes checking which kernel modules to build... SP checking for exported init_mm... no checking for exported kallsyms_address_to_symbol... no checking for exported kallsyms_symbol_to_address... no checking for exported sys_call_table... no checking for exported ia32_sys_call_table... no checking for exported sys_chdir... no checking for exported sys_close... no checking for exported sys_wait4... no configure: error: no available sys_call_table access method cow_racer wrote: > > I'm trying to build the afs module for Ubuntu hoary (kenel 2.6.10) > and I am getting the following error. > > .... > checking if kernel uses MODVERSIONS... yes > checking which kernel modules to build... SP > checking for exported init_mm... no > checking for exported kallsyms_address_to_symbol... no > checking for exported kallsyms_symbol_to_address... no > checking for exported sys_call_table... no > checking for exported ia32_sys_call_table... no > checking for exported sys_chdir... no > checking for exported sys_close... no > checking for exported sys_wait4... no > configure: error: no available sys_call_table access method http://www.daimi.au.dk/~kasperd/comp.os.linux.development.faq.html#syscall Buggy module. Why would it want to mes with the system call table anyway? -- Kasper Dupont...

MS Access
Hi, When I try to save a stored procedure in MS Access, I get the message "Parameter Incorrect." I have database owner's priveleges. Could you pls help me out regarding this? Thanks, Ligy ...

MS Access missing values not picked up with "WHERE ... LE 0"
To comp.soft-sys.sas -- I'm reading a MS Access table, using a LIBNAME statement to assign the libref ACC. There is a "Date/Time" field called EndDate that contains missing values. I'm trying to print the observations with a missing value, or zero, in the field ENDDATE. When I write proc print data=acc.StudentInstructors ; where enddate LE 0 ; no observations with missing values of ENDDATE are printed! However, when I write proc print data=acc.StudentInstructors ; where (enddate = . ) or (enddate = 0) ; the observations with missing values of ENDDATE are, correctly, printed. Can anyone explain this odd behavior? I'm using SAS 9.1, on Windows XP. Thanks much! --Tom ...

"Property not found" in Access 2007; Reserved error (-1524) in 2010
A database works perfectly in Access 2002 where it was designed and still r= uns fine. In 2007, when you click on a command button to open a query, a m= essage appears: "Property not found". When you click on the same command b= utton in 2010, you get message "Reserved error (-1524)". I converted the d= atabase from 2002 to 2007 file format; the same problem occurs. The client= currently uses 2007. Any suggestions to fix this problem? Incidentally, there have been other a= nomalies. The database has people who can be volunteers, clients and/or do= nors. Rec...

Re: MS Access missing values not picked up with "WHERE ... LE 0"
On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 12:55:37 -0700, Tom Frenkel <frethoa@AOL.COM> wrote: >To comp.soft-sys.sas -- > >I'm reading a MS Access table, using a LIBNAME statement to assign the >libref ACC. There is a "Date/Time" field called EndDate that contains >missing values. I'm trying to print the observations with a missing >value, or zero, in the field ENDDATE. When I write > > proc print data=acc.StudentInstructors ; > where enddate LE 0 ; > >no observations with missing values of ENDDATE are printed! However, >when I write > > proc print data=acc.StudentInstructors ; > where (enddate = . ) or (enddate = 0) ; > >the observations with missing values of ENDDATE are, correctly, >printed. > >Can anyone explain this odd behavior? I'm using SAS 9.1, on Windows >XP. Thanks much! > > --Tom See http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/Be_Aware_of_Implicit_Pass-Through On Oct 15, 5:11 pm, hs AT dc-sug DOT org ("Howard Schreier)" wrote: > On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 12:55:37 -0700, Tom Frenkel <fret...@AOL.COM> wrote: > >To comp.soft-sys.sas -- > > >I'm reading a MS Access table, using a LIBNAME statement to assign the > >libref ACC. There is a "Date/Time" field called EndDate that contains > >missing values. I'm trying to print the observations with a missing > >value, or zero, in the field ENDDATE. Whe...

Can't Add "Mode" to Quick Access Toolbar in MS-Access 2007
I keep selecting and selecting, but it just doesn't show up. I also have no button in the ribbon for this, or any ability to get into other modes via the Office button. It's very frustrating; I had to search online for a keyboard shortcut to be able to access Design Mode at all. I'm sure there is something I'm missing, but it doesn't make sense. I can add and remove other buttons from the toolbar, why not Mode?? On Jun 19, 10:10=A0am, Heather <mywor...@hotmail.com> wrote: > I keep selecting and selecting, but it just doesn't show up. I also > have no button in the ribbon for this, or any ability to get into > other modes via the Office button. It's very frustrating; I had to > search online for a keyboard shortcut to be able to access Design Mode > at all. > > I'm sure there is something I'm missing, but it doesn't make sense. I > can add and remove other buttons from the toolbar, why not Mode?? I still don't get it, but this appears to only be the case when I'm using a database that was created in an earlier version of Access. When I start a new 2007 database, I have full functionality. ...

Error: "Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server"
Hi NG I have just installed CounterStrike on SuSE 9.0 When i try to run the program i get following error: // linux:/home/xx/.wine/fake_windows/Sierra/Counter-Strike # wine cstrike.exe Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server Xlib: No protocol specified x11drv: Can't open display: :0.0 // Can u please help me Thanks SjeM <sm@ask.me> writes: > linux:/home/xx/.wine/fake_windows/Sierra/Counter-Strike # wine cstrike.exe > Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server > Xlib: No protocol specified Can you run other X program...

Re: MS Access missing values not picked up with "WHERE ... LE 0" #3
On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 10:11:39 -0700, Tom Frenkel <frethoa@AOL.COM> wrote: >On Oct 15, 5:11 pm, hs AT dc-sug DOT org ("Howard Schreier)" wrote: >> On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 12:55:37 -0700, Tom Frenkel <fret...@AOL.COM> wrote: >> >To comp.soft-sys.sas -- >> >> >I'm reading a MS Access table, using a LIBNAME statement to assign the >> >libref ACC. There is a "Date/Time" field called EndDate that contains >> >missing values. I'm trying to print the observations with a missing >> >value, or zero, in the field ENDDATE. When I write >> >> > proc print data=acc.StudentInstructors ; >> > where enddate LE 0 ; >> >> >no observations with missing values of ENDDATE are printed! However, >> >when I write >> >> > proc print data=acc.StudentInstructors ; >> > where (enddate = . ) or (enddate = 0) ; >> >> >the observations with missing values of ENDDATE are, correctly, >> >printed. >> >> >Can anyone explain this odd behavior? I'm using SAS 9.1, on Windows >> >XP. Thanks much! >> >> > --Tom >> >> See http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/Be_Aware_of_Implicit_Pass-Through > >Howard -- > >Thanks! But this looks like a potentially dangerous situation. Definitely. Read Mike's paper. >And >even ...

"Oracle error occurred, but error message could not be retrieved from Oracle" error when restarting application
Hi, we're using Oracle 10g, in combination with Delphi (7). Application uses Oracle client dll (oraociei10.dll). Quick explenation about the structure (All files are on the network): - A launcher application is started by the client. The launcher application checks an .ini file for the current application versie (.exe filename with a version postfix, e.g. "Application_112.exe"). The launcher starts the executable specified in the .ini file. In this way we can "release" by putting a new .exe file and updating the .ini file. The problem: In our application we've got the functionality to restart the application when a new version is available. If the application detects there is a new version (by checking the .ini file) the user can restart the application. The next thing happens on a restart: - Application starts the launcher again, the handle of the application is passed. - Application closes itself - Launcher waits until the application handle is gone - Launcher restarts application again (new version). When starting the application again, oracle generated the beautiful: "Oracle error occurred, but error message could not be retrieved from Oracle" message. Initial thought was that the Oracle client was not unloaded, so we made the launcher wait up to 60 seconds after the application was closed and before the application is started again. But even then the error occurs. Detail: When not using the oracle client , but the "n...

PROCINFO["filename", "READ_TIMEOUT"] = N ms: not working for windows gawk 4.1.0.2
Hello, i'm using windows gawk version 4.1.0.2 taken from ezwinports. found that READ_TIMEOUT feature have no any effect. I try exact: PROCINFO["/dev/stdin", "READ_TIMEOUT"] = 5000 while ((getline < "/dev/stdin") > 0) print $0 ....and no. the console forever wait for the input. is this known issue or i'm doing something wrong? thank you hi, > i'm using windows gawk version 4.1.0.2 taken from ezwinports. > found that READ_TIMEOUT feature have no any effect. I tried your code with my Cygwin gawk (in a BEGIN block), and it worked fine. (I tried both 32bit and 64bit Cygwin.) So I guess this is an issue of the particular port or OS version. So if you are willing to test another port, Cygwin works. Of course you can run gawk.exe from cmd. I was not able to install the ezwinports version, sorry. > thank you You are welcome, Stepan Kasal --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news@netfront.net --- In article <slrnlehl0p.5m4.kasal@PCSKA01.int.rsj.cz>, Stepan Kasal <kasal@ucw.cz> wrote: >hi, > >> i'm using windows gawk version 4.1.0.2 taken from ezwinports. >> found that READ_TIMEOUT feature have no any effect. From the code: #ifdef __MINGW32__ /* * Only sockets can be read with a timeout. ... */ -- Aharon (Arnold) Robbins arnold AT skeeve DOT com P.O. Box 354 Home Phone: +972 8 979-0...

What causes inconsistent error: Error loading &quot;mydll.dll&quot; Invalid access to memory location.
I have a set of sample code vis which are wrappers around an external dll using the call library function nodes.&nbsp; These work in all versions of LabVIEW from 6.1 to 8.2.&nbsp; In version 8 and 8.2, there is an inconsistent error which appears after a vi is opened, run successfully, closed and then re-opened some time later - all without closing LabVIEW.&nbsp; The error is reported without an error number as 'Error loading "myDll.dll". Invalid access to memory location.'&nbsp; If LabVIEW is closed, reopened and the vi loaded again&nbsp;and run, it works fine.&nbsp; The same error occurs if a second vi calling the same .dll is loaded and run after the first is successful. &nbsp; Since the vi works just fine the first time it is opened, why does this error occur the second time?&nbsp; What do I have to change so that I don't&nbsp; have to close LabVIEW every time I want to run a different VI? &nbsp; Thanks in advance. &nbsp; Mike. &nbsp; &nbsp; ...

Error Message: "Microsoft Access Can't Open the Mail Session"
I am getting the following error when I am trying to send a report as an email attachment "Microsoft Access Can't Open the Mail Session" On the knowledge base on the MS site it says that this will happen if you have installed Access 97 after installing MS Office 2000. However I haven't installed Access 97 on this machine. I am not using code for this, I am using the Mail as Attachment option from the file menu. Can anyone help me with this. TIA Stephen, Try opening the mail program before clicking on the "Mail as Attachment". I seem to remember this error having something to do with what is your default mail program. If you have Outlook listed as your default mail program you may need to change it to Outlook Express. Regards. "Stephen" <steph_mw@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3fb7fe31@news.comindico.com.au... > I am getting the following error when I am trying to send a report as an > email attachment > > "Microsoft Access Can't Open the Mail Session" > > On the knowledge base on the MS site it says that this will happen if you > have installed Access 97 after installing MS Office 2000. However I haven't > installed Access 97 on this machine. > > I am not using code for this, I am using the Mail as Attachment option from > the file menu. > > Can anyone help me with this. > > TIA > > --- This email from Barry Wright has been scanned using AVG 6.0 and...

Access 2010 Print Ribbon Error: "The expresion you entered has a function that Microsoft Access can't find"

Web resources about - MS Access 2.0 "reserved error -1302 There is no message for this error" - comp.databases.ms-access