MS Access 2000 + Table + Report

I need to create a report for a monthly sales table that is sent to our
company.  Is there a way to create a report that will automatically sum
totals from a file that is sent to us every month?  Every month a
different file is sent but it is in the same format but with different
data.  If so, where do I start?

0
kylei (6)

1. delete contents of destination table. (run a canned delete query)
2. append new records to table. (import or whatever)
3. create report as you want it to look. (include totals etc)
4. run report.

you might want to include a field in your table that contains a
datestamp or whatever of when the data was imported, and then you can
just filter on that.  That way, you can run ANY report whenever you
want. (so you'd skip the delete stuff.)
You might want to start by making friends with the help files...

0
pietlinden (2926)

Date picker from MS-Access 2000 to MS-Access 2003
Hello. How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work in MS-Access 2003. TIA J�rn Why not scrap it and use the all-API approach Stephen Lebans has at http://www.lebans.com/monthcalendar.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "JHB" <joern_bea@removeThis_tdcadsl.dk> wrote in message news:42190d18$0$48635$edfadb0f@dread15.news.tele.dk... > Hello. > > > > How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 > Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work > in > MS-Access 2003. > > > > TIA > > J�rn > > Allen Browne has an excellent calendar control at http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html -- PC Datasheet Your Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications resource@pcdatasheet.com www.pcdatasheet.com "JHB" <joern_bea@removeThis_tdcadsl.dk> wrote in message news:42190d18$0$48635$edfadb0f@dread15.news.tele.dk... > Hello. > > > > How do I get a date picker (References: Microsoft Calendar Control 8.0 > Location C:\Windows\System 32\mscal.ocx) inset in MS-Access 2000, to work in > MS-Access 2003. > > > > TIA > > J�rn > > Thanks for the link...

MS Access reports containing line charts are inaccurate after upgrade from access 97 to 2000
Dear all, I've encountered an unusual problem having just recently upgraded an Access 97 database to Access 2000 format and was hoping somebody could point me in the direction of a solution. 1. The problem: Essentially, a couple of the reports which contain SeriesLine charts are NOT displaying the series-lines (i.e. the results) on the charts correctly in Preview mode or when printed out. However, they ARE displaying the results correctly on the charts when the reports are viewed in DESIGN mode. 2. Background: -I have upgraded the database from Access 97 to 2000 format with very few changes. -The forms and reports are from the original Access 97 database -A few minor mods were made to the VBA code but none of this affects the reports. -I have checked the recordsets used by the charts in both 97 and 2000 versions and the data used is identical. Thus it appears to be something to do with how the chart 'object' is interpreting the recordset. The Access 97 database was using the following references -DAO 3.51. -Microsoft Access 8.0 object library The Access 2000 format db includes the following references -DAO 3.6 -Microsoft Access 8.0 object library Thanks in advance Nick J Sorry, A mistake in my previous post. The Access 2000 format db is using "Microsoft Access 9.0 object library", not 8.0 as previously posted. "NickJ" <johnsonn@unimelb.edu.au> wrote in message news:42df1572$1@news.unimelb.edu.au... &g...

Accessing Oracle Tables from MS Access
How difficult is this? I'm having a tough time getting a simple select to work. I am using MS Access 2002 and Windows XP. What do I have to do to make a simple select statement like this work: select id from emp I have stumbled upon many websites although none straight to the point. Any help in how to get this done, or pointing me in the right direction of a book or website, would be greatly appreciated! berj Yes, I do have the table links working. But I did want to run the select for such things as grabbing the next number off of a sequence. As in: select test.nextval from dual; Where "test" is the name of an Oracle sequence. berj "Steve Jorgensen" <nospam@nospam.nospam> wrote in message news:bp0821lsd8tt5ec5jhvtgbt46fdvb2t3dt@4ax.com... > The easiest way is to link the table in Access, then query the link. Is that > how you're trying to do it? > > On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:25:36 -0800, "berj" <berj@adelphia.net> wrote: > > >How difficult is this? I'm having a tough time getting a simple select to > >work. > > > >I am using MS Access 2002 and Windows XP. > > > > > >What do I have to do to make a simple select statement like this work: > > > >select id from emp > > > > > >I have stumbled upon many websites although none straight to the point. > > > > > >Any help in how to get this done, or pointing ...

Read-Only ODBC Access to MS Access 2000
I have created an ODBC File DSN data source in Windows XP. I have successfully used this DSN to link tables from a Sybase SQL Anywhere database to Access 2000. How can you make this ODBC connection read-only? P.S. I would like to make the ODBC connection itself read-only (if possible) rather than adding security to the MS Access DB. ...

MS Access 2000 Report
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C575B1.BDBDF050 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, I need a create report in Landscape, but for the life of me cannot = figure out how. Please Help. Thanks, Chuck ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C575B1.BDBDF050 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1505" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi All,</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I need a create report in Landscape, = but for the=20 life of me </FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>cannot figure out how. = Please=20 Help.</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks, = Chuck</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML> ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C575B1.BDBDF050-- On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 20:04:30 GMT, Chuck Insight wrote: > Hi All, ...

MS Access VBA making multiple tables in database from a main table.
I have a database table called "tbl_personal" and struggling to VBA program a bit of code to create multiple tables in a database from the main "tbl_personal" table. In this case the 'color' column is the field I would like to look at. 1. Identify the number of unique records in column 'color' 2. For each color record that is label as red in the "tbl_personal" table, create a table called 'red' and populate with all red records in from the "tbl_personal" table. 3.Then move onto the next unique color and repeat the whole process again. 4. When all unique color tables are created in MS Access database end with a msg "batch process done" name surname age color country aa aaa 1 red UK bb bbb 10 green USA cc ccc 20 blue China dd ddd 30 red Germany ee eee 40 green France ff fff 1 blue Italy gg ggg 20 red Spain hh hhh 40 yellow Canada ii iii 34 black Italy =85 Is this doable automatically in MS Access? Many thanks. brenda Are you sure you want to do this? I would expect 3 tables vis: Table of Personel with PersonelID, Suname, FirstName, ColourID, CountryID & DateOfBirth (Age will be out of date next birthday and should be calculated), Table of Colours ColourID & Colour Table of Countries CountryID & Country. You can then use simple queries to return all the red people or people who live in UK. Am I missing something? Phil <bbcdancer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:495c4ca6...

How to access MS-Access metadata tables (eg MSysObjects)
Dear all, I have an MS-Access MDB-file with hundreds of tables and want to know when they were created and/or modified. The MS-Access metadata table MSySObjects includes this information, but I have not managed to read it from SAS. (CLI describe error tells me that I have no reading access) --> Does anybody have a working code example for this? I have tried the libname ACCESS and Libname ODBC variants. Regards Dietrich -- DIETRICH ALTE, Dipl.-Statistiker, Dr. rer. med. Wiss. Projektmanager "Study of Health in Pomerania (SHIP)" Institut f�r Community Medicine - SHIP/KEF EMA-Universit�t Greifswald - Medizinische Fakult�t Walther-Rathenau-Str. 48, D-17475 Greifswald, Germany URL ship.community-medicine.de Phone ++49(0)3834-867713, Fax ++49(0)3834-866684 ...

MS Access 2000 Report Problem
The length of text in a textbox in the details section varies from 1line to 7. The "Can Grow" option has been selected. There are vertical lines in the section which do not grow when the text box does. This looks very bad when the report is printed out. How do I alter the length of the vertical line so that it's height is the same and the height of the text box (which varies from 1 - 7 lines of text? Any ideas gratefully received. Vincent Oakley wrote: > The length of text in a textbox in the details section varies from > 1line to 7. The "Can Grow" option has been selected. There are > vertical lines in the section which do not grow when the text box > does. This looks very bad when the report is printed out. How do I > alter the length of the vertical line so that it's height is the same > and the height of the text box (which varies from 1 - 7 lines of text? > Any ideas gratefully received. Here is a site that explains how to have vertical lines grow in reports: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q151543/ -- MGFoster:::mgf00 <at> earthlink <decimal-point> net Oakland, CA (USA) ...

Re: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name
i am not sure if SAS will support long file name if you use libname. a workaround is to use passthrough. On Jan 16, 2008 12:31 PM, JKamgang@Yahoo.com <JBKamgang@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear All, > > > > Happy New Year , > > > > Please, I need your help in figuring out how to access in SAS a MS > Access > table name which has more than 32 characters. As this program merges 5 > databases, I need to have almost everything automated. That's why I > don't want to rename manually the table names. > > > > Please find the program below. > > > > Thanks in advance for your kind assistance, > > > > Jean Baptiste > > > > The program: > > - - - > > > > options VALIDVARNAME=ANY ; > > libname DBsource access 'S:\Data > Management\External\Projects\MTCT-Plus\MTCT-Plus November 2007 > Data\Programs\Data\MTCT-PlusData All.mdb'; > > /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ > > > > data* pedResultadd ; > > set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional'n (keep = > > testid studyid labid i2 i2_da i2_mo i2_yr i2a i2b i2text > > ); > * > > run*; > > - - - The log - - > > 1636 > > 1637 /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ > > 1638 > > 1639 data pedResultadd ; > > 1640 set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional...

Re: How to access MS-Access metadata tables (eg MSysObjects)
The answer is given here: Problem Note 7495: No read permission on System Tables when using SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC with a Microsoft Access ODBC Driver http://support.sas.com/kb/7/495.html Regards Dietrich Dietrich Alte schrieb: > Dear all, > > I have an MS-Access MDB-file with hundreds of tables and want to know > when they were created and/or modified. > The MS-Access metadata table MSySObjects includes this information, > but I have not managed to read it from SAS. > (CLI describe error tells me that I have no reading access) > --> Does anybody have a working code example for this? > I have tried the libname ACCESS and Libname ODBC variants. > > Regards > > Dietrich > -- DIETRICH ALTE, Dipl.-Statistiker, Dr. rer. med. Wiss. Projektmanager "Study of Health in Pomerania (SHIP)" Institut f�r Community Medicine - SHIP/KEF EMA-Universit�t Greifswald - Medizinische Fakult�t Walther-Rathenau-Str. 48, D-17475 Greifswald, Germany URL ship.community-medicine.de Phone ++49(0)3834-867713, Fax ++49(0)3834-866684 ...

Web resources about - MS Access 2000 + Table + Report - comp.databases.ms-access

Local access and transport area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Local access and transport area (LATA) is a term used in U.S. telecommunications regulation. It represents a geographical area of the United ...

Facebook Expanding Access to Conversion Lift Measurement
Facebook launched conversion lift measurement in January 2015 with the goal of helping advertisers track conversions instead of clicks, and the ...

Planet OS Opens Access To Weather Data
... for software developers using weather data to power their apps, researchers and climate specialists enabling them to discover, access and build ...

Access your clipboard from any PC or Mac with 1Clipboard
1Clipboard is a free tool which enables sharing your clipboard contents with other PCs or Macs. The developer says that Android and iOS apps ...

Sci-Hub — Free access to every scientific paper ever published
Say what? How is it I only heard of this this week? Long story headlined "Should All Research Papers Be Free?" from the New York Times short: ...

US says losing access to China-claimed waters would be huge
CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — A U.S. Navy commander warned Wednesday that if the United States lost access to international waters claimed by China ...

MIT, Harvard researchers push new way for users to control access to personal data
Cryptography researchers at MIT and Harvard have developed software called Sieve that is designed to help users keep track of encrypted personal ...

How to access Google Drive files faster with Launch Center Pro
... Launch Center Pro has solved many workflow problems for me over the years. Most recently it’s been an immense time-saver when it comes to accessing ...

Cal Investigation Finds Assistant Coach Sexually Harassed Reporter Who Accused Him Of Trying To Trade ...
... a copy of Cal’s investigation into the matter, and even Hufnagel’s own statements make it appear that he attempted to trade sex for access, ...

Paragon's early access starts now, no more progress wipes
Paragon is gearing up for launch in the future, but for now, Epic is keen on putting it into an Early Access phase. The good news is that there ...