MS Access 2000 - Record data shifting to the right

I have a MS Access 2000 problem.  My access database has quite a few
tables (about 10)
but my problem is only w/1 table and this 1 table has a 1 to 1
relationship w/1 other
table.

Every once in a while (I'd say about once a month) the data for 1
record gets shifted to
the right in this one table.  To give you idea of what is happening,
see the following:

What record should look like:

ID	DOCKET Number	AnimalType	Sex		Age
1	111111		Giraffe		Male		22

What record looks like:

ID	DOCKET Number	 AnimalType	Sex		Age
1	111		111Gira		ffeM		ale
Every time that this error occurrs in this table the table that it has
a 1 to 1
relation with also has the "Docket Number" completely missing.

I have had this and am not sure why it happens, but it is a corruption.

To fix it I have at times succeeded with a compact and repair. Other times I
have had to rebuild the file or revert to a version prior to the problem,
update changes and import to current data.

Wish I could help further but I suggest treating this as a database
corruption and immediately take steps to restore the file to an uncorrupted
state.

Jeff

<wesley.d.gibbs@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a MS Access 2000 problem.  My access database has quite a few
> tables (about 10)
> but my problem is only w/1 table and this 1 table has a 1 to 1
> relationship w/1 other
> table.
>
> Every once in a while (I'd say about once a month) the data for 1
> record gets shifted to
> the right in this one table.  To give you idea of what is happening,
> see the following:
>

> What record should look like:
>
> ID DOCKET Number AnimalType Sex Age
> 1 111111 Giraffe Male 22
>
> What record looks like:
>
> ID DOCKET Number AnimalType Sex Age
> 1 111 111Gira ffeM ale
> Every time that this error occurrs in this table the table that it has
> a 1 to 1
> relation with also has the "Docket Number" completely missing.

ms access data access pages
hi my self uttam . i am working in r & d organization . friends i need a he lp from u . if any one of u know how add two sections(consisting of caption, header, footer ) be displayed on the same data page in ms access 2003 or 2005.i tried to display two tables on the data page in tabular format but i could not do it. it is allowing to display one table but it is not allowing to display the other table separately in tabular format . i want more than one table in tabular format to be dispalyed in data page separately with some text in-between tables. plz reply me with regards uttam On Mar 24, 5:06 am, kunu...@gmail.com wrote: > hi my self uttam . i am working in r & d organization . friends i > need a he lp from u . if any one of u know how add two > sections(consisting of caption, header, footer ) be displayed on the > same data page in ms access 2003 or 2005.i tried to display two tables > on the data page in > tabular format but i could not do it. it is allowing to display one > table but it is not allowing to display the other table separately in > tabular format . i want more than one table in tabular format to be > dispalyed in data page separately with some text in-between tables. > plz reply me > with regards > uttam Use a form and subforms. ...

Moving data from MS SQL Server 2000 or MS Access XP to UniData 5.2.9
Complete MVDBMS neophyte -I may not even qualify at the neophyte level- that needs a simple solution to move data -in batch initially...real-time eventually- from RDBMSs such as SQL Server 2000 or Access 2002 (XP) to UniData 5.2.9. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. --Ryan N. Ryan N. wrote: > Complete MVDBMS neophyte -I may not even qualify at the neophyte > level- that needs a simple solution to move data -in batch > initially...real-time eventually- from RDBMSs such as SQL Server 2000 > or Access 2002 (XP) to UniData 5.2.9. > > Any leads would be greatly appreciated. > > --Ryan N. Accuterm, look at the Excel option, and then the scripting to move it on. www.asent.com Better yet, most likely you need a consultant. Check out Tony Gravagno. He's good at building interfaces, and has most of the tools pre-built. He is at http:(no spam)//nebula-rnd.com/ get rid of the (no spam) HTH, Patrick <;=) "(Latimerp)" <"(Latimerp)"@comcast.net> wrote: >Ryan N. wrote: >> Complete MVDBMS neophyte -I may not even qualify at the neophyte >> level- that needs a simple solution to move data -in batch >> initially...real-time eventually- from RDBMSs such as SQL Server 2000 >> or Access 2002 (XP) to UniData 5.2.9. >> >> Any leads would be greatly appreciated. >> >> --Ryan N. > >Accuterm, look at the Excel option, and then t...

exporting data from ms access to ms project
Im wondering if any on can help me to export data out of an ms access database into ms project 2002. I want to export a start date and completion data of different projects, which is stored in the database. I think this process can be done invisible to the user, so that when they enter the data into access and save it, it will automatically create a project schedule in ms project, which they can refer to at a later date in the application. I would appreciate if any one can give me any advice on this matter, i.e. VBA code etc or good web sites etc that may be of use. Regards Rob McC, England ...

Read-Only ODBC Access to MS Access 2000
I have created an ODBC File DSN data source in Windows XP. I have successfully used this DSN to link tables from a Sybase SQL Anywhere database to Access 2000. How can you make this ODBC connection read-only? P.S. I would like to make the ODBC connection itself read-only (if possible) rather than adding security to the MS Access DB. ...

RE: How can I access data from MS Access?
Peter, I sadly admit that I was wrong. "Doesn't seem to work" is effectivly even more useless than "doesn't work". I give up. Years ago we used to get our FORTRAN card decks back from the DP center with a piece of scrap paper saysing "She No Work". top that. On 5 Feb, 19:40, "Sells, Fred" <f...@adventistcare.org> wrote: > Years ago we used to get our FORTRAN card decks back from the DP center > with a piece of scrap paper saysing "She No Work". top that. I used to use a cross-compiler (targetting some obscure single-c...

Importing MS Access data into MS Word
In the thread "combining multiple address fields into 1 address field", Stuart (?) helped solve that problem. I then tried to set up a mail merge in Word to check how I could use and merge the data. I found the database tool bar and opened the appropriate database - but... I could not find a way to open a particular table or query in order to insert the fields from the query into Word. The procedure I followed was this: - open a blank word .doc - from the database tool bar selected "insert database" - a window opened, headed 'Database' and divided into 3 section: at the top a section titled "data source", a middle section titled "data options", a bottom section titled "insert the data into the document" - "under "data source" I clicked "get data" - a window headed 'Select data source' opened - I navigated to the relevant database (mobmem07.mdb) and selected it. - this added the database location to the "data source" part of the 'database' window - I then looked at the "query options" section I found I could not select a table or query from within the database I had opened. Word had merely defaulted to opening one of the two tables in it. The only querying I could do was on the table it had loaded from the functions Word provided. I could not find a way to open any other table let alone a query. Moreover, I couldn't see a wa...

MS Access Script to import data from external mde database to mdb database
Hi, Does anyone know of a way I can write a script that imports a table from a particular .mde file? I don't seen any obvious way to do it as a macro. Any suggestions if it can be done as a macro or as a written module? My ultimate goal is to have script that clears info out of 1 table in an .mdb file, imports an identically structured table from a .mde file, runs an append query I have in place to copy the data from the imported table to the table in my.mbd file, and then delete the imported table. Any help that could be provided would be greatly appreciated. Best wishes, George Hadley ghadley_00@yahoo.com With DBEngine(0)(0) .Execute "DELETE * FROM Suppliers WHERE SupplierID IN (SELECT SupplierID FROM Northwind.mde.Suppliers)" .Execute "INSERT INTO Suppliers SELECT * FROM Northwind.mde.Suppliers" End With Is this code I would run as a module? Yes or you could use the strings in two separate saved queries. ...

1* Exporting data from Ms Access to Ms Project
Im wondering if any on can help me to export data out of an ms access database into ms project 2002. I want to export a start date and completion data of different projects, which is stored in the database. I think this process can be done invisible to the user, so that when they enter the data into access and save it, it will automatically create a project schedule in ms project, which they can refer to at a later date in the application. I would appreciate if any one can give me any advice on this matter, i.e. VBA code etc or good web sites, books that may be of use. Regards Rob McC, England There is code to write from Access to Project in Scott Barker's "Access 2000 Power Programming". Never automated Project, but the rest of his code worked a charm, so that should too. ...

how to access MS data access 2.7 sdk ???
I keep getting the following when trying to create a connection to a database : Error: User defined type not declared . The declaration it is complaining about is : c1 As ADODB.Connecton I'm re-entering this mess from a couple of years ago, and just want to connect to a DB2 v8.1 database from a VB app. Any suggestions, code examples, etc., would be appreciated. Mairhtin O'Feannag mairhtin at techsolutionsgroupllc dot com ... On 24 May 2004 13:31:01 -0700, in comp.lang.basic.visual.database you wrote: >I keep getting the following when trying to create a co...

MS Access Database right for us?
Hi -- we are a small manufacturing looking for a multi-user database to take customer orders (nothing too complicated, with 3 users total). We think we should be using Access, but are wondering what alternatives there are. It has been recommended to us to use ASP.net and SQL instead, with the reasoning that: 1) Access is likely to go obsolete at some point 2) It will be more stable Does anybody have any thoughts on this? Allison, Your situation sounds like an ideal task for Access. As for Access being obsolete anytime soon I don't see that happening. Access can handle 3 users no problem. I would recommend that you get the Access database setup by someone with some database experience as a poorly designed database regardless of the application could have problems. The ASP.net and SQL server options would require much more development time and money. Just my two cents... Good luck, -Joe "Allison" <marimbasherry@gmail.com> wrote in news:1140204889.603121.190570@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com: > It has been recommended to us to use ASP.net and SQL > instead, with the reasoning that: > > 1) Access is likely to go obsolete at some point The person making the recommendations is clearly quite ignorant of reality. Microsoft has already invested a huge amount of work in the next version of Access, Access 12, which will be released as part of the next MS Office suite, which I expect to be released along with Windows Vista next year. From...

left() and right() function in MS SQL vs MS ACCESS
I normally use MS ACCESS vs MS SQL,, which has a left() and right() function. I need to use MS SQL for this project but I am not familiar with it. I have read a few books, but can not figure out how to do this. Please help. If I need to compare the first 4 letters of a field, with the first four letters of another field, how can I do this? Select field1, field2 FROM table1 Where left(field1,4)=left(field2,4) (MS SQL does not have left() and right() functions) Please help. In addition, I have a CSV file with data like 10.20, which I import inrto a numberic field. Unforunately the value...

Web resources about - MS Access 2000 - Record data shifting to the right - comp.databases.ms-access

Shifting cultivation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... , but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations . Please improve this article by introducing more precise citations. Shifting ...

Parse Shifting Community Forum To Stack Overflow, Google Groups
Facebook-owned cloud-application platform Parse is shifting its developer community over from its custom community forum to more standard tools ...

Infographic: Are brands shifting to owned media instead of Facebook?
Jun Group , a content distribution platform, released data this week that shows brand advertisers have shifted their digital goals away from ...

Ringtone Maker - Fade In & Fade Out & Time Stretching & Pitch Shifting in Realtime (Free) on the App ...
Get Ringtone Maker - Fade In & Fade Out & Time Stretching & Pitch Shifting in Realtime (Free) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

Switching, Shifting and 'Secret Switching' For Clear Eyesight at All Distances - YouTube
Method to help people improve their eyesight, often quickly. Created for our Community GuestPage. (Do this without eyeglasses; no glasses, no ...

UAE stock market investors shifting focus
Earnings reports released last week from du and Sharjah-based Air Arabia failed to provide any 'upside in prices', one analyst said.

Queensland government 'blame shifting' on health payroll: IBM
Big Blue accused the Queensland government of attempting to rewrite history over the failed health payroll system, the tech giant says.

The shifting balance of power will test our miners
Steep declines in the prices of iron ore, coal and gas are not simply fluctuations in the market, but a reflection of how the fundamentals have ...

Electric car network shifting focus from Australia
Canberra’s promised electric car network faces an uncertain future after the global company behind the scheme announced it was moving its strategic ...