MS Access 2002: Go to newly added record from form2 to form 1

Hi,

I would appriceate any help to correct the code error that I am getting
for the onclick event of a cmd button. I have two forms. Main Form
"frmQuestion" and form 2 "SfrmQuestion". FrmQuestion shows the details
about Question and by clicking on one for the cmd button on this form
opens up SfrmQuestions that lets me add new questions. The frmQuestion
Form remains opened at the backend. My problem is when I save the
question in srmQuestion I want to go to the same added record in
frmQuestion by clicking on saveRecord cmd button which closes the
sfrmquestion Form. This is the code I have in sfrmQuestion's cmdbutton
cmdSaveRecord. I keep on getting an error

Private Sub cmdSaveRecord_Click()
DoCmd.Save
 'Dim rs As DAO.Recordset

 With Forms![frmQuestion]
..Requery
Set rs = Forms![frmQuestion].RecordsetClone

rs.FindFirst "QuestionID = " & Me.QuestionID
  If rs.NoMatch Then
   MsgBox "Not found."
  Else
    rs.Bookmark = Me.Bookmark
End If
  Set rs = Nothing
End With

    DoCmd.Close

End Sub

0
kaurm (26)

"Kaur" <kaurm@saic.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I would appriceate any help to correct the code error that I am getting
> for the onclick event of a cmd button. I have two forms. Main Form
> "frmQuestion" and form 2 "SfrmQuestion". FrmQuestion shows the details
> about Question and by clicking on one for the cmd button on this form
> opens up SfrmQuestions that lets me add new questions. The frmQuestion
> Form remains opened at the backend. My problem is when I save the
> question in srmQuestion I want to go to the same added record in
> frmQuestion by clicking on saveRecord cmd button which closes the
> sfrmquestion Form. This is the code I have in sfrmQuestion's cmdbutton
> cmdSaveRecord. I keep on getting an error
>
> Private Sub cmdSaveRecord_Click()
> DoCmd.Save
> 'Dim rs As DAO.Recordset
>
> With Forms![frmQuestion]
> .Requery
> Set rs = Forms![frmQuestion].RecordsetClone
>
> rs.FindFirst "QuestionID = " & Me.QuestionID
>  If rs.NoMatch Then
>   MsgBox "Not found."
>  Else
>    rs.Bookmark = Me.Bookmark
> End If
>  Set rs = Nothing
> End With
>
>    DoCmd.Close
>

> End Sub

You don't say what the error is, but if a sub may generate an error then you
should put some basic error handling in.  I am 95% sure I can see what
you're doing but wonder why the form is named "SfrmQuestion" hopefully this
has absolutely nothing to do with subforms and is simply some type of popup
data-entry form.
If so, then you could code like this:

Private Sub cmdSaveRecord_Click()

    On Error GoTo Err_Handler

    Dim strFind As String
    Dim lngQID As Long

    ' Save this record if it needs it
    If Me.Dirty = True Then
        Me.Dirty = False
    End If

    ' Get the current QuestionID
    lngQID = Nz(Me!QuestionID, 0)

    ' Check we have a valid ID
    If lngQID > 0 Then
        DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name
    Else
        Exit Sub
    End If

    With Forms!frmQuestion
        .Requery
        strFind = "QuestionID=" & CStr(lngQID)
        .RecordsetClone.FindFirst strFind
        If .RecordsetClone.NoMatch Then
            MsgBox "Cannot locate record"
        Else
            .Bookmark = .RecordsetClone.Bookmark
        End If
        .SetFocus
    End With

Exit_Handler:
    Exit Sub

Err_Handler:
    MsgBox Err.Description, vbExclamation, "Error No: " & Err.Number
    Resume Exit_Handler

End Sub

0
aengland (343)
3/16/2006 1:53:01 PM
Thanks for such a quick response. I updated the code. Now I am getting
the error: Searching records using the list box can not find the form
frmQuestion referred to in a macro expression or visual basic code."
May be I did not give enough details of the forms.
Form 1 is a search form to search for all the surveys in db. It has an
unbound list box that displays all the surveys. Clicking on one of the
surveys opens up 2nd form.
This form "frmQuestions" has all the questions related to the survey.
This form has an unbound list box that displays all the relevant
questions. Underneath the list box is Question text in combo box,
question no as it appers in the survey (a text box). This form has a
subForm that displays the subquestions associated with each Question.
The form "frmQuestion" has a cmd button which opens the Form3
"frmAddQuestions".
This form gets the survey key from tblSurvey and has a subform called
sfrmAddQuestions where users does the data entry for a question. I
created this type of form so that I can still add the question for the
relevant Survey.
>From here users choose the questions from a combo box and if the
question is not in the combo box then it allows the users to add the
question.  This form has cmdSaveRecord cmd button where I added the
code and still getting the error.

Any help would be appreciated.

0
kaurm (26)
3/16/2006 2:47:43 PM
> Thanks for such a quick response. I updated the code. Now I am getting
> the error: Searching records using the list box can not find the form
> frmQuestion referred to in a macro expression or visual basic code."
> May be I did not give enough details of the forms.
> Form 1 is a search form to search for all the surveys in db. It has an
> unbound list box that displays all the surveys. Clicking on one of the
> surveys opens up 2nd form.
> This form "frmQuestions" has all the questions related to the survey.
> This form has an unbound list box that displays all the relevant
> questions. Underneath the list box is Question text in combo box,
> question no as it appers in the survey (a text box). This form has a
> subForm that displays the subquestions associated with each Question.
> The form "frmQuestion" has a cmd button which opens the Form3
> "frmAddQuestions".
> This form gets the survey key from tblSurvey and has a subform called
> sfrmAddQuestions where users does the data entry for a question. I
> created this type of form so that I can still add the question for the
> relevant Survey.
>>From here users choose the questions from a combo box and if the
> question is not in the combo box then it allows the users to add the
> question.  This form has cmdSaveRecord cmd button where I added the
> code and still getting the error.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

My head is starting to ache with all that!  I re-read twice and still don't
quite get it.  Perhaps someone else can step in, but in any case, use the
bulk of my code with the structure and error handling.  You could also use
the following function to check whether you have the expected form open,
before you call Forms!MyForm ... blah,blah,blah

Public Function IsFormLoaded(strName As String)
    IsFormLoaded = (SysCmd(acSysCmdGetObjectState, acForm, strName) <> 0)
End Function

Private Sub cmdSaveRecord_Click()

    On Error GoTo Err_Handler

    Dim strFind As String
    Dim lngQID As Long

    ' Save this record if it needs it
    If Me.Dirty = True Then
        Me.Dirty = False
    End If

    ' Get the current QuestionID
    lngQID = Nz(Me!QuestionID, 0)

    ' Check we have a valid ID
    If lngQID > 0 Then
        DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name
    Else
        Exit Sub
    End If

MsgBox "Question ID=" & Cstr(lngQID) & _
      vbCrLf & "Now what?"

Exit_Handler:
    Exit Sub

Err_Handler:
    MsgBox Err.Description, vbExclamation, "Error No: " & Err.Number
    Resume Exit_Handler

End Sub

0
aengland (343)

Adding records to a SQL Server database from MS Access
Thanks in advance for your help. I have just upsized an Access database to SQL Server with the hope of using a fairly extensive Access application that was part of it. But now, the forms will not allow the addition of new records (the >* button is greyed out). The forms use a macro to advance the dataset to a new record. How can I get the additions (inserts) turned back on? Regards. ...

1* Exporting data from Ms Access to Ms Project
Im wondering if any on can help me to export data out of an ms access database into ms project 2002. I want to export a start date and completion data of different projects, which is stored in the database. I think this process can be done invisible to the user, so that when they enter the data into access and save it, it will automatically create a project schedule in ms project, which they can refer to at a later date in the application. I would appreciate if any one can give me any advice on this matter, i.e. VBA code etc or good web sites, books that may be of use. Regards Rob McC, England There is code to write from Access to Project in Scott Barker's "Access 2000 Power Programming". Never automated Project, but the rest of his code worked a charm, so that should too. ...

Forms/Subforms in MS Access Database

How to delete a record in an Ms Access Database
Dear Community, I connected Matlab with an Ms Access databse. I already found out how to import, export and update Data my Ms Access Database via the Database Tollbox. But how can I delete a record in Ms Access via Matlab? Thanks for any help! Eric "Eric " > Dear Community, > > I connected Matlab with an Ms Access databse. I already found out how to import, export and update Data my Ms Access Database via the Database Tollbox. But how can I delete a record in Ms Access via Matlab? > > Thanks for any help! > > Eric exec(conn,'delete from myTable whe...

Use of Access 2002-2003 structure in MS Access 2007
Dear reader, Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access 2002-2003 format? Tanks for any assistance. Kind regards and all the best for 2009 Simon ...

MS Access 2003-2002 database connectivity
I am new to MS Access database and want to accomplish following. I have a database and report in MS Access 2003. There are multiple users who wants to access and generate their respective reports (self help). Because of certain license restrictions they can not access 2003 installed on my PC. We have a shared drive with 2002 installed on it. I wanted to accomplish a connection between Access 2003 (my PC) and MS Access 2002 (shared drive). I wanted to have 10 mins data refresh in 2002. Finally users will connect to 2002 and generate their report. Please advice me on how to accomplish this. Any pointers, suggestions, guidance will be really appreciated. Thanks and Regards Piyush same program minus the prettier menu bar icons in A2K3. if you have multiple users accessing at the same time, i'd suggest you look into a front-end, back-end setup. should be able to get the details from the help file. Read the following article of mine..it should help: http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/Articles/split/index.htm Note that you can run mixed clients. So, some can be access 2000, some can be access 2002, and some can be 2003.. If you follow the above instructions, all 3 versions can use, and share that data file... -- Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP) Edmonton, Alberta Canada pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com ...

How to access MS Access from Perl?

Use of Access 2002-2003 structure in MS Access 2007 #2
Dear reader, Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access 2002-2003 format? Tanks for any assistance. Kind regards and all the best for 2009 Simon Simon van Beek wrote: > Dear reader, > > > > Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in > Access 2002-2003 format? > > > > Tanks for any assistance. > > > > Kind regards and all the best for 2009 > > Simon Yes. There might be some issues, though, depending on how you've programmed the db. Best suggestion, in my eyes, would be testing and playing around a little with *a* *copy* of the database and see what turns up. Most likely, you'd need to set the directory in which the database resides, as a trusted location. A very good sumup of "the good, bad and ugly" ;-) of Access 2007 is this list by Allen Browne http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html -- Roy-Vidar Simon, Best wishes to you too. One question: why do you use so many carriage returns in your messages? They cause readers having to unnecessary scroll. Thanks, John "Simon van Beek" <SvanBeekNL@Versatel.nl> schreef in bericht news:495f3ebf$0$28733$bf4948fe@news.tele2.nl... > Dear reader, > > > > Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access > 2002-2003 format? > > > > Tanks for any assistance. > > > > Kind regards and all the best for 2009 > > Simon >...

Web resources about - MS Access 2002: Go to newly added record from form2 to form 1 - comp.databases.ms-access

Local access and transport area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Local access and transport area (LATA) is a term used in U.S. telecommunications regulation. It represents a geographical area of the United ...

Facebook Expanding Access to Conversion Lift Measurement
Facebook launched conversion lift measurement in January 2015 with the goal of helping advertisers track conversions instead of clicks, and the ...

Planet OS Opens Access To Weather Data
... for software developers using weather data to power their apps, researchers and climate specialists enabling them to discover, access and build ...

Access your clipboard from any PC or Mac with 1Clipboard
1Clipboard is a free tool which enables sharing your clipboard contents with other PCs or Macs. The developer says that Android and iOS apps ...

Sci-Hub — Free access to every scientific paper ever published
Say what? How is it I only heard of this this week? Long story headlined "Should All Research Papers Be Free?" from the New York Times short: ...

US says losing access to China-claimed waters would be huge
CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — A U.S. Navy commander warned Wednesday that if the United States lost access to international waters claimed by China ...

MIT, Harvard researchers push new way for users to control access to personal data
Cryptography researchers at MIT and Harvard have developed software called Sieve that is designed to help users keep track of encrypted personal ...

How to access Google Drive files faster with Launch Center Pro
... Launch Center Pro has solved many workflow problems for me over the years. Most recently it’s been an immense time-saver when it comes to accessing ...

Cal Investigation Finds Assistant Coach Sexually Harassed Reporter Who Accused Him Of Trying To Trade ...
... a copy of Cal’s investigation into the matter, and even Hufnagel’s own statements make it appear that he attempted to trade sex for access, ...

Paragon's early access starts now, no more progress wipes
Paragon is gearing up for launch in the future, but for now, Epic is keen on putting it into an Early Access phase. The good news is that there ...