MS Access 2003-2002 database connectivity

I am new to MS Access database and want to accomplish following. I have
a database and report in MS Access 2003. There are multiple users who
wants to access and generate their respective reports (self help).
Because of certain license restrictions they can not access 2003
installed on my PC.

We have a shared drive with 2002 installed on it. I wanted to
accomplish a connection between Access 2003 (my PC) and MS Access 2002
(shared drive). I wanted to have 10 mins data refresh in 2002.  Finally
users will connect to 2002 and generate their report.

Please advice me on how to accomplish this. Any pointers, suggestions,
guidance will be really appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

Piyush

same program minus the prettier menu bar icons in A2K3.

if you have multiple users accessing at the same time, i'd suggest you
look into a front-end, back-end setup. should be able to get the
details from the help file.

0
cantankeris (113)
9/22/2006 4:25:08 AM
Read the following article of mine..it should help:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/Articles/split/index.htm

Note that you can run mixed clients. So, some can be access 2000, some can
be access 2002, and some can be 2003..

If you follow the above instructions, all 3 versions can use, and share that
data file...

--
Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Ms Access 2003 Project (.adp) database connection
Hi everybody, I wanted to start an application using the MS Access 2003 Project, but as I create an .adp file it asks me to connect to a SQL Server. But I needed to create the dabase directly inside the adp project. Is that possible? If so, what's the procedure to create it? Thank you for your help. gabry.morelli@libero.it wrote: > I wanted to start an application using the MS Access 2003 Project, but > as I create an .adp file it asks me to connect to a SQL Server. But I > needed to create the dabase directly inside the adp project. Is that > possible? Probably not in the way you describe. Access is not a database engine/server. It must use something else for those services. Typically an ADP uses a MS-SQL Server connected via ADO (although many of the connections and their charactertistics are arcane). This Server is entirely independent and separate from Access. An MDB uses JET which also hosts the Access application but it can link to many technologies through ODBC also. The AccDB of 2007 uses ACE which seems to be a very minimally modified JET with (not always) a new spelling. I'm trying to envision an ADP without MS-SQL server but so far the screen is just Snow and the sound intermittent scraps of "Fools Walk In, Where Wisemen Never Go". Then again there may be other Wisemen. On 4 Jan 2007 00:45:50 -0800, gabry.morelli@libero.it wrote: Not possible. You first need to install SQL Server, e.g. using a free download of the Express Edi...

to connect the MS Access database
how can i call the report that i need in MS Acces database, from matlab??? ...

Can I update a MS Access 2002 database with Visual Basic .net 2003 Standard Editon?
I am considering purchasing Visual Basic .net 2003 Standard Editon to do some development work with Web Forms and I need to know whether this edit will allow me to update an Access database (mdb) file. I already have a database which is updated through an Access front-end, I want to update the database through web forms, is this possible? what are the benefits of going for the Professional Verion of Visual Studio instead? Cheers, In VB.Net you'd use the ADO.Net objects to update the database. Visual Studio.Net is just another Rapid Application Development (RAD) tool. It has the added ...

jdbc connection to MS access database
Im trying to connect my database. im using ms access when i try to execute my program it gives me this error i create my database by going to the odbc in the administrative tools. and when i try to execute my code it gives me this error: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:545) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:193) at Transit.main(Transit.java:16) and this is the code im using. try{ Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); } catch(Exception e){ ...

Help connect Ms access database
Hello All, I am trying to connect an MS database without utilizing the help of the "querybuilder", I know how to do that using the "querybuilder" but this can't work as I am trying to do an exe file and be able to use it for other pc's that I have. I am doing the following, please correct me if I am wrong, but it is not working at all: dbpath=[matlabroot,'a\toolbox\database\dbdemos\trial.accdb']; conurl = ['jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb,*.accdb)};' ... 'DBQ=' dbpath] conn=database('Trial_now','','&#...

Use of Access 2002-2003 structure in MS Access 2007
Dear reader, Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access 2002-2003 format? Tanks for any assistance. Kind regards and all the best for 2009 Simon ...

Access 2003 database will not open using Access 2002
Hi everyone. I am trying to open a database which works fine using Access 2003, but when trying to open it on another PC that has Access 2002 I get the following error "This database is unrecognised file format, it may have been created with a later version of Access, upgrade to a later version..." Could anyone please help to resolve this issue. Many thanks. Joe. Use Access 2003 to decompile the database. To decompile, create a copy, and enter something like this at the command prompt while Access is not running. It is all one line, and include the quotes: "c:\Program Files\Microsoft office\office\msaccess.exe" /decompile "c:\MyPath\MyDatabase.mdb" Then compact the database to get rid of this junk: Tools | Database Utilities | Compact/Repair Although Access 2002 and 2003 share the same file format, each version of Access creates a different binary for the compiled code. What it's supposed to do it automatically discard the 2003 binary when you open the database in A2002, and create the new binary on the fly. In practice, this doesn't always work. The decompile explicitly discarding the binary, which usually solves the problem. This issue is common enough that IMHO, it is always worth decompiling when switching version, especially when reverting to an earlier version. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, r...

Connecting to MS-Access database through visual basic
Hi, I am trying to browse a recordset using bound controls using VB 6.0. I am using Windows XP operating system. to this end i created a form in vb and try to link it to MS-Access database. when i give the path of database(.mdb) file, to link to the database, it gives an error saying unrecognised database format. any thoughts on why this is happening? any help is greatly appreciated. thanx in advance. i think u dont have latest latest Access drivers installed, and trying to access a newer version of Access database than VB (odbc) supports. Khurram ...

MS Access Connect to Sybase ASE database
Hi Expert Hope i point to the right grps, I need to connect my access to sybase ASE database and the collect/import the data. I have to use right driver to connect. Questions is, which one? and where can i get it.. I try www.sybase.com but not able to find the link to download the driver, only technical note, or any other's web site? Thank you and appreciate for your help, - Mohsin -- Cheers Mohsin On Feb 20, 2:05=A0pm, "mohsin" <u31851@uwe> wrote: > Hi Expert > > Hope i point to the right grps, > > I need to connect my access to sybase ASE database and the collect/import = the > data. > > I have to use right driver to connect. Questions is, which one? and where = can > i get it.. > I trywww.sybase.combut not able to find the link to download the driver, > only technical note, > or any other's web site? > > Thank you and appreciate for your help, > - Mohsin > > -- > Cheers > Mohsin Go to www.sybase.com and search for Advantage ODBC Driver. The link is at the bottom of the page. ...

Use of Access 2002-2003 structure in MS Access 2007 #2
Dear reader, Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access 2002-2003 format? Tanks for any assistance. Kind regards and all the best for 2009 Simon Simon van Beek wrote: > Dear reader, > > > > Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in > Access 2002-2003 format? > > > > Tanks for any assistance. > > > > Kind regards and all the best for 2009 > > Simon Yes. There might be some issues, though, depending on how you've programmed the db. Best suggestion, in my eyes, would be testing and playing around a little with *a* *copy* of the database and see what turns up. Most likely, you'd need to set the directory in which the database resides, as a trusted location. A very good sumup of "the good, bad and ugly" ;-) of Access 2007 is this list by Allen Browne http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html -- Roy-Vidar Simon, Best wishes to you too. One question: why do you use so many carriage returns in your messages? They cause readers having to unnecessary scroll. Thanks, John "Simon van Beek" <SvanBeekNL@Versatel.nl> schreef in bericht news:495f3ebf$0$28733$bf4948fe@news.tele2.nl... > Dear reader, > > > > Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access > 2002-2003 format? > > > > Tanks for any assistance. > > > > Kind regards and all the best for 2009 > > Simon >...

Web resources about - MS Access 2003-2002 database connectivity - comp.databases.ms-access

TE Connectivity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
TE Connectivity Ltd. designs and manufactures connectivity and sensor solutions for a variety of industries including automotive, industrial ...

Mark Zuckerberg Goes Into Detail On Facebook Connectivity Lab, Internet.org
Perhaps Facebook Co-Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg is just a wee bit excited about the Connectivity Lab , the initiative aimed at using high-altitude ...

The power of connectivity
By Keven McCammon, site data center manager, Facebook Forest City Data Center Today we announced that we’re partnering with the Town of Forest ...

Facebook, Internet.org launch Connectivity Lab
... CEO Mark Zuckerberg shed some light on the company’s acquisition of drone-maker Titan Aerospace, announcing the launch of Facebook’s Connectivity ...

Samsung Galaxy S3: Connectivity demo - USB OTG, MHL, bluetooth keyboards/mice, games controllers - YouTube ...
AndroidNZ.net - the best source for Galaxy S3 content! For navigation in the video use these links: USB Pendrive @0:55, 500GB portable drive ...

Mid-2012 MacBook Airs offer improved performance and connectivity
Believe it or not, it's been nearly four and a half years since Apple released the original MacBook Air. At the time, it was revolutionary in ...

Connectivity is key in society
They’re billing it as the place where Lewisham meets Summer Hill meets the city – and with good reason.

BMW to launch new connectivity service
Soon your car will notify the dealer when it’s due for a service. BMW Australia will introduce a new suite of in-car connectivity apps in its ...

The key to a successful hybrid cloud infrastructure? Flexible connectivity
It's becoming increasingly clear that - for most organisations - taking a 'hybrid' approach to cloud adoption makes sound business sense.

Facebook Connectivity Lab promotes access to Internet in remote areas - CTV News
Facebook is giving more details about its effort to connect remote parts of the world to the Internet - and it involves drones, lasers and satellites. ...