Ms Access 2003 Project (.adp) database connection

Hi everybody,

I wanted to start an application using the MS Access 2003 Project, but
as I create an .adp file it asks me to connect to a SQL Server. But I
needed to create the dabase directly inside the adp project. Is that
possible? If so, what's the procedure to create it?

Thank you for your help.

gabry.morelli@libero.it wrote:

> I wanted to start an application using the MS Access 2003 Project, but
> as I create an .adp file it asks me to connect to a SQL Server. But I
> needed to create the dabase directly inside the adp project. Is that
> possible?

Probably not in the way you describe. Access is not a database
engine/server. It must use something else for those services.
Typically an ADP uses a MS-SQL Server connected via ADO (although many
of the connections and their charactertistics are arcane). This Server
is entirely independent and separate from Access.
An MDB uses JET which also hosts the Access application but it can link
to many technologies through ODBC also.
The AccDB of 2007 uses ACE which seems to be a very minimally modified
JET with (not always) a new spelling.

I'm trying to envision an ADP without MS-SQL server but so far the
screen is just Snow and the sound intermittent scraps of "Fools Walk
In, Where Wisemen Never Go". Then again there may be other Wisemen.

0
lylefairfield (1852)
1/4/2007 10:47:08 AM
On 4 Jan 2007 00:45:50 -0800, gabry.morelli@libero.it wrote:

Not possible.
You first need to install SQL Server, e.g. using a free download of
the Express Edition.
Once installed, you can use SQL Server tools or indeed MsAccess to
create a new database, and access it from your application.

-Tom.

>Hi everybody,
>
>I wanted to start an application using the MS Access 2003 Project, but
>as I create an .adp file it asks me to connect to a SQL Server. But I
>needed to create the dabase directly inside the adp project. Is that
>possible? If so, what's the procedure to create it?
>
>Thank you for your help.

Thanks a lot guys, I found what I wanted using a workgroup file. In
that way I can manage users access and still using tables inside the
mdb file.

Thanks a lot anyways!!

Cheers
Tom van Stiphout ha scritto:

> On 4 Jan 2007 00:45:50 -0800, gabry.morelli@libero.it wrote:
>
> Not possible.
> You first need to install SQL Server, e.g. using a free download of
> the Express Edition.
> Once installed, you can use SQL Server tools or indeed MsAccess to
> create a new database, and access it from your application.
>
> -Tom.
>

> >Hi everybody,
> >
> >I wanted to start an application using the MS Access 2003 Project, but
> >as I create an .adp file it asks me to connect to a SQL Server. But I
> >needed to create the dabase directly inside the adp project. Is that
> >possible? If so, what's the procedure to create it?
> >
> >Thank you for your help.

to connect the MS Access database
how can i call the report that i need in MS Acces database, from matlab??? ...

Help connect Ms access database
Hello All, I am trying to connect an MS database without utilizing the help of the "querybuilder", I know how to do that using the "querybuilder" but this can't work as I am trying to do an exe file and be able to use it for other pc's that I have. I am doing the following, please correct me if I am wrong, but it is not working at all: dbpath=[matlabroot,'a\toolbox\database\dbdemos\trial.accdb']; conurl = ['jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb,*.accdb)};' ... 'DBQ=' dbpath] conn=database('Trial_now','','&#...

jdbc connection to MS access database
Im trying to connect my database. im using ms access when i try to execute my program it gives me this error i create my database by going to the odbc in the administrative tools. and when i try to execute my code it gives me this error: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:545) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:193) at Transit.main(Transit.java:16) and this is the code im using. try{ Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); } catch(Exception e){ ...

Connecting to MS-Access database through visual basic
Hi, I am trying to browse a recordset using bound controls using VB 6.0. I am using Windows XP operating system. to this end i created a form in vb and try to link it to MS-Access database. when i give the path of database(.mdb) file, to link to the database, it gives an error saying unrecognised database format. any thoughts on why this is happening? any help is greatly appreciated. thanx in advance. i think u dont have latest latest Access drivers installed, and trying to access a newer version of Access database than VB (odbc) supports. Khurram ...

MS Access Connect to Sybase ASE database
Hi Expert Hope i point to the right grps, I need to connect my access to sybase ASE database and the collect/import the data. I have to use right driver to connect. Questions is, which one? and where can i get it.. I try www.sybase.com but not able to find the link to download the driver, only technical note, or any other's web site? Thank you and appreciate for your help, - Mohsin -- Cheers Mohsin On Feb 20, 2:05=A0pm, "mohsin" <u31851@uwe> wrote: > Hi Expert > > Hope i point to the right grps, > > I need to connect my access to sybase ASE database and the collect/import = the > data. > > I have to use right driver to connect. Questions is, which one? and where = can > i get it.. > I trywww.sybase.combut not able to find the link to download the driver, > only technical note, > or any other's web site? > > Thank you and appreciate for your help, > - Mohsin > > -- > Cheers > Mohsin Go to www.sybase.com and search for Advantage ODBC Driver. The link is at the bottom of the page. ...

MS Access databases
Hello, I have been trying to read a simple MSAccess database and show the records on screen but no success so far. I have created a DSN (Data Source Name) in my Win 2k box and the connection goes ok. But when I try to return a ResultSet using a simple SELECT statement, ("SELECT * FROM MyTable") no records appear. Database is Ok. It is a very simple table. I don't get *any* error message but also no records from it. Is there anything special I need to do for accessing it? Does anybody have a simple code for accessing MSAccess databases? (From DSN creation till sample code) Thanks in Advance. Java Newbie. import java.sql.*; public class DataBase { public static void main(String[] args) { String data = "jdbc:odbc:YahooAddrBook"; // data base friendly nam try { Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection( data, "", ""); Statement st = conn.createStatement(); String q = "SELECT * " + "FROM yahoo_ab " + // table name "WHERE (\"Last Name\" LIKE '"+ args[0]+"') "+ "ORDER BY (\"First Name\")"; System.out.println(q); ResultSet rec = st.executeQuery(q); while(re...

databases.ms-access
hi for fun masti, fashion, articles,mobiles, cars etc plz visit these sites http://www.familypk.com http://www.enttwist.com thanks ...

MS Access database
A client of mine has another 3rd party program which uses MS Access database. They want my to create an additional program which is to read this data. My problem is that the database has a password on it. I know there are cracks available at a cost of USD$45.00+. Does anybody have a free crack to retrieve the database password? Would this be unethical or be a copyright of reverse engineering violation? The data is owned by the client so I recon is would be fine to read the data! Regards, Lance It's your data. As long as you don't sell it or use their data in any software that you...

MS Access Database
Hi, I am working on a database to keep track all the caller's info in the database. For example: After the user entered a caller's information in the database, and when that same caller called back again the second time and then some of their information and also the client id automatically appeared on the screen so that the user don't need to retype them again. I want to keep track of each record as new records. The Id and first name will be the same. When I run a report I can link them all together and knowing that this person had called in twice! Any suggesti...

MS Access Database
Interested profiles should be delivered at versatilehr.farook@gmail.com Title: MS Access Database Location-NC Duration-3 months Skills & Experience: MS Access Database experience: Must understand and have experience developing MS Access applications. =95 SQL experience =95 ODBC =95 Importing and exporting excel spreadsheets to and from Access DB =95 Forms development =95 working with DB objects =95 Creating New Databases The Relational Model of Data Storage Creating Relational Database Tables Assigning a Primary Key to a Table =95 Joining tables in Database =95 Queries and Advanced Queries using conditions =95 Macros =95 Reporting =95 Using Datasheets =95 Customizing tool bars Farook Ahmed On 19 May, 19:15, Farook Ahmed <farook.versatil...@gmail.com> wrote: > Interested profiles should be delivered at > versatilehr.far...@gmail.com > > Title: MS Access Database > Location-NC > Duration-3 months > > Skills & Experience: > MS Access Database experience: Must understand and have experience > developing MS Access applications. > =95 SQL experience > =95 ODBC > =95 Importing and exporting excel spreadsheets to and from Access DB > =95 Forms development > =95 working with DB objects > =95 Creating New Databases > =A0The Relational Model of Data Storage > Creating Relational Database Tables > Assigning a Primary Key to a Table > =95 Joining tables in Database > =95 Queries and Advanced Queries using c...

Web resources about - Ms Access 2003 Project (.adp) database connection - comp.databases.ms-access

Controversial Australian Cup protest could be costly for Awesome Rock's connections
Nothing arouses punters' feelings more than a controversial protest. Racing people still discuss with great vigour the Nausori-Big Philou Caulfield ...

2 men charged in connection of Girl Scout money theft
The suspects have been charged with robbery, safecracking and theft.

7 Minnesota Connections To The NCAA Tournament
The Gophers aren't a part of March Madness, but there are enough Minnesota connections to the Big Dance to keep local fans engaged in the action ...

84 indicted in connection with NYC, New England drug-gun ring
Bronx DA says four gangs formed "an alliance of evil" to peddle cocaine and heroin in New Hampshire and Massachusetts

Young people prefer an Internet connection to daylight
Technically Incorrect: A UK survey suggests that daylight isn't all that at least in young people's enlightened minds. Neither is hot water. ...

26-year-old man arrested in connection with Iditarod crashes
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — A man suspected of intentionally driving a snowmobile into teams of two mushers near the front of the Iditarod Trail ...

Other Sports: For first time, NFL acknowledges connection between football-related brain trauma, CTE ...
In what could be a watershed moment in the debate about the long-term effects of head injuries in the nation's most popular sport, the NFL's ...