MS-Access 2003 & SQL Server

I have a form in a Access Project (SQL DB on the back end). On this form I
have created a Combo box that pulls a list of dept and dept #'s from the
DEPT table, and displays the dept name in the Combo box. I tried a view
instead of a table but the Combo box would not update. On this form I also
have a sub form. The sub form has on it, among other things, the following
fields; SVCCODE, SVCODE TOTAL. I also have hidden on the sub form a GLCODE
and GLDESC fields.

What I need to happen is when the Main form Combo box is changed to a new
dept desc, let say Radiology, I want the subform to display the radiology
SVCCODE's only.

What is actually happening is when the form opens a list of SVCCODES are
displayed, I am not sure what they are connected to, and when I choose a
dept name from the combo box the SVCCODE's display, on the subform, the
department list of service codes. For example when I open the form, the
subform starts off with the list of service codes I mentioned above and the
Combo box is blank, but then when I change to a different department, in the
combo box on the main form, the subform does not display those SVCCODE
records correlating to the main forms combo box, instead it displays the
SVCCODE's for the department in the list from the department table. So if I
change to Radiology, it does not care and displays the BLOOD BANK SVCCODE's,
those being the next department.

One side note I can hit enter with the Combo box highlighted on the main
form and the subform will change its list of SVCCODES.

I need to know how make the link between the combo box and the sub form work
correctly.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Mike
m charney at dunlap hospital dot org

0
noway4191 (26)

I m currently developing a java based application and want to know how can i make client access database located on the server? "HeMan_Speaks" <Lunar20092010@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d71ce567-0434-48b8-b1d2-bb191706ab45@w8g2000prd.googlegroups.com... >I m currently developing a java based application and want to know how > can i make client access database located on the server? I think you're going to have to expand a little bit more in your question here, as is not 100% quite clear what you're trying to do. You might want to make a little bit of a d...

I have a very frustrating problem. I have a situation that works fine on some computers, but not on others. I have SQL Server Express 2005 and Access 2003 loaded on 4 computers. I have set up a "Linked Server" in SQL Server linked to my Access database. I am running queries on t-SQL against the Access tables through the linked server. On all of the computers, I can do select queries and they all work great but what I need to do is run Update, Insert, Delete queries as well. On a couple of the computers, it works fine, locally and across the LAN, and a VPN as far as that goes. B...

what is equivalent of format(date) function of MS Access in MS Sql Server 2000
Hi All, I am facing a problem with a sql what i used in MS Access but its not returning the same result in MS Sql Server 2000. Here i am giving the sql: SELECT TOP 3 format( MY_DATE, "dddd mm, yyyy" ) FROM MY_TAB WHERE MY_ID=1 The above sql in ACCESS return me the date in below format in one column: Friday 09, 2003 But in Sql server 2000 i am not getting the same format eventhough i am using convert function, date part function etc. Please if you find the solution would be helpful for me.. Thanks Hoque Hi If you field is a datetime, you can use the CONVERT function to conver...

Adding records to a SQL Server database from MS Access
Thanks in advance for your help. I have just upsized an Access database to SQL Server with the hope of using a fairly extensive Access application that was part of it. But now, the forms will not allow the addition of new records (the >* button is greyed out). The forms use a macro to advance the dataset to a new record. How can I get the additions (inserts) turned back on? Regards. ...

Php and DataBase Abstraction for mySql, Sql Server, and MS Access?
Is there a good DataBase Abstraction layer that will handle the mySql, Sql Server, and MS Access engines? I do not wish to write the same functions with the three different PHP db functions. I see that php_dba is listed as an extension, but I determine which DBs are supported. However, I think that it does not support the ones I need. Thanks David wrote: > Is there a good DataBase Abstraction layer that will handle the > mySql, Sql Server, and MS Access engines? I do not wish to write the > same functions with the three different PHP db functions. > > I see that php_...

Handle Triggers in MS Access 2003 with SQL Server as Back-End
Hi! I have a trigger created for Customer table. My front-end is access. What is the best approach to handle a trigger result when adding a new customer record? Below is the trigger script: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - CREATE TRIGGER dbo.trTrackInsert ON dbo.Customers FOR INSERT AS BEGIN -- SET NOCOUNT ON added to prevent extra result sets from -- interfering with SELECT statements. SET NOCOUNT ON; -- Validate the new record. -- Criteria: -- 1. Check if there is already a record in the NewCustTracker -- 1.1....

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #3
In a message dated 7/8/03 5:23:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time, pete@bookware3000.ca writes: > It's not MS SQL or Oracle but for what it's worth, we once had a Cobol > program > accessing a PostgreSQL database that resided on a Linux server by using the > C > libraries included with Mark Bixby's PostgreSQL port. > I for one would absolutely love to see an example of that! Sometime soon (?) I hope to be able to finally spend some time working with PostgreSQL on MPE and/or Linux. Having a known working example of how to access it via COBOL is a great ...

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #3
Paul, if nothing else helps, you could use Java and JDBC with the JDBC driver of the respective target database. A small example showing access to an Image/SQL database can be found on the following web page (and can be adjusted to use an MSSQL or Oracle JDBC driver and database URL/logon fairly easily)... http://www.editcorp.com/Personal/Lars_Appel/JavaDemo/ -> JdbcProgram Calling Java from COBOL as a subprogram, however, is probably not the way that I would go, if exploring this road. I would probably let a program similar to the above run as a "gateway" in a sep...

Ms Access upload to SQL Server 2005 BE & Sharepoint FE
I have about 20 Ms Access Databases to need to be upload onto a SQL Server 2005. Currently the are on a network/server residing on a specific drive. The goal is to keep the user face the same (ms access) and put all of the tables onto a SQL Server 2005 BE, and yet make those databases accessible to open/view through Ms Sharepoint. What is the simple (properties) way to grab all of those db's = 20 and upload to server? With out having to write code. Pull all db's over to SQL then store the Ms Access databases on Sharepoint where the user face remains the same and the tables are on th...

Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #6
On July 9, 2003 11:23 am, Duane Percox wrote: > * Performance was not that great so you wouldn't want to use this > for production, but proof of concept and for learning it is ok. Do you have any performance numbers for it all on Linux? Pete * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

Moving data from MS SQL Server 2000 or MS Access XP to UniData 5.2.9
Complete MVDBMS neophyte -I may not even qualify at the neophyte level- that needs a simple solution to move data -in batch initially...real-time eventually- from RDBMSs such as SQL Server 2000 or Access 2002 (XP) to UniData 5.2.9. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. --Ryan N. Ryan N. wrote: > Complete MVDBMS neophyte -I may not even qualify at the neophyte > level- that needs a simple solution to move data -in batch > initially...real-time eventually- from RDBMSs such as SQL Server 2000 > or Access 2002 (XP) to UniData 5.2.9. > > Any leads would be greatly appreciated. > > --Ryan N. Accuterm, look at the Excel option, and then the scripting to move it on. www.asent.com Better yet, most likely you need a consultant. Check out Tony Gravagno. He's good at building interfaces, and has most of the tools pre-built. He is at http:(no spam)//nebula-rnd.com/ get rid of the (no spam) HTH, Patrick <;=) "(Latimerp)" <"(Latimerp)"@comcast.net> wrote: >Ryan N. wrote: >> Complete MVDBMS neophyte -I may not even qualify at the neophyte >> level- that needs a simple solution to move data -in batch >> initially...real-time eventually- from RDBMSs such as SQL Server 2000 >> or Access 2002 (XP) to UniData 5.2.9. >> >> Any leads would be greatly appreciated. >> >> --Ryan N. > >Accuterm, look at the Excel option, and then t...

Re: <Another Pluh>Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K
From: "PeteVickers" <pete@GUI-INNOVATIONS.COM> > Hi, > forgive the 2nd plug, but we have just uploaded the NewsWire review to the > web site, or use the direct link > http://www.gui-innovations.com/NewsWire0209.pdf > "Paul H. Christidis" <phchristidis@raytheon.com> wrote in message > > Is there a way for an IMAGE/VPLUS based application to connect, extract, > > and present to the user (based on his input) data residing on an MS SQL > > server or an ORACLE database on a different host? <plug> MPE/iX Enterpr...

Running MS Access db as a Linked Server on SQL Server
Hi, Looking for a quick and dirty on running an Access database as a linked server in SQL Server. Basically, the majority of my stuff is in SQL Server, but there is one lingering nightmare-of-an-Access-database no one wants to touch. I just want to create a linked server to use the Access db. So far I have not found a way to connect (under Security -> Link Servers in SQL Server), though I tried all kinds of drivers, connection strings, etc. What do I put for Product Name, Data Source, Provider String, (Location, Catalog)? Thanks a bunch. This might help; note the table about halfway...

insert fails
Hi, I configured a linked server in MS SQL Server v8 pointing to a remote AS/400 DB2 database. I used Client Access ODBC driver (v7), installed it from a Client Access Express v4.5. Select/update/delete seems to be working fine, I just cannot execute an insert statement. Here's the error I'm getting: update as400..U1.TB1 set a = 4 select * from as400..U1.TB1 insert into as400..U1.TB1 ( a ) values (1) ------------------------------------------------------ Server: Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 4 OLE DB provider 'MSDASQL' reported an error. The provider did not give any inf...

Re: Accessing legacy data via MS SQL Server linked servers
Chuck, You might talk to MBFoster. They may have a solution for you. Imagesql has odbclink/se but I'm not sure if this will do the job for you. Imagesql is available to 7.0 and 7.5 users. I have found in some cases that MSAccess does a quick job of access legacy data with odbclink/se...(but that is going thur Imagesql). JDBC, java, perl may be another solution. These have classes for image. Hope this helps Cathlene Mc Rae HP Sr Response Center Engineer. * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/arc...

MS SQL to MS Access Stored Proc. for Deletes
I have this stored procedure below that works great in SQL Server. The sql purges rows out of a table, leaving "x" # of rows in the table ("x" = s.RetainHistoryNum below). Now I need it to run in MS Access. The thing that throws me off is the multiple "from" statements. I have tried a dozen different queries, nothing seems to do the trick. Either I end up with an syntax error, or I end up with inaccurate results. Dan -------------------------------------------------- -Here is the stored proc I need to work in Access ------------------------------------------...

Web resources about - MS-Access 2003 & SQL Server - comp.databases.ms-access