MS-Access 2007. Report. Text box format problem

Hi,

  I am new to MS-Access.

  I have created a very simple report in MS-Access based on an
imported Excel spreadsheet.

  The individual costs are held in field "Item Cost". Each instance of
the field is displayed on the report and the field has NO Format
property associated. On the report the field displays with a currency
symbol and two decimal places - which is what I want. I guess the
currency format of the field is being picked up from the original
Excel spreadsheet.

  I have in the report footer the total of "Item Cost"  which is
calculated by =Sum([Item Cost]).   This calculation gives the correct
value for the sum, but I cannot control the display format. In the
report Design view this field =Sum([Item Cost]) has a property sheet
which contains a format value of "Currency". However, on the generated

   How do I get the report to display =Sum([Item Cost]) with a leading
currency symbol (UK Sterling in my case) and two decimal places?

Thanks

Clive
0
clive_long (26)

"Clive" <clive_long@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
>  I am new to MS-Access.
>
>  I have created a very simple report in MS-Access based on an
> imported Excel spreadsheet.
>
>  The individual costs are held in field "Item Cost". Each instance of
> the field is displayed on the report and the field has NO Format
> property associated. On the report the field displays with a currency
> symbol and two decimal places - which is what I want. I guess the
> currency format of the field is being picked up from the original
> Excel spreadsheet.
>
>  I have in the report footer the total of "Item Cost"  which is
> calculated by =Sum([Item Cost]).   This calculation gives the correct
> value for the sum, but I cannot control the display format. In the
> report Design view this field =Sum([Item Cost]) has a property sheet
> which contains a format value of "Currency". However, on the generated
>
>   How do I get the report to display =Sum([Item Cost]) with a leading
> currency symbol (UK Sterling in my case) and two decimal places?
>

> Thanks
>
> Clive

Try:

=Format(Sum([Item Cost]), "Currency")

0
smccall (275)
3/22/2008 6:19:55 PM
On Mar 22, 6:19=A0pm, "Stuart McCall" <smcc...@myunrealbox.com> wrote:

> Try:
>
> =3DFormat(Sum([Item Cost]), "Currency")- Hide quoted text -

It works!

Top man Stuart !

Thanks

Clive
0
clive_long (26)

Problem with MS Access Database
------=_NextPart_000_0038_01C56A17.539605A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, I'm using wxWidgets now a long time for designig my applications. This weekend I tried first to use the Database classes, but I've got a problem with them... I've got an Microsoft Access Datenbase, with two tables: Orte(ID, Staat, Name, and so on) PLZOrte(ID, PLZ) This tables are set into a relationship. The field ID ist the primary key in Orte and set up the relation. Now I'd like to do a query to this database in my...

Unbound text box, text>255, MS Access/PostgreSQL
Hello. I have the following problem with MS Access/PostgreSQL combination: There is a form in Access that has an unbound text box, used for entering a commentary of a batch of records. There is a DAO Append Query that has a parameter that is passed from the text box using parameter of DAO QueryDef object. I adjusted B7 parameter (Text as LongVarchar) in connection string (ODBC driver) to 1, so that Access links PostgreSQL Text fields as Memo fields in Access. The intention was to be able to enter unlimited length commentary into the field. But, although I can enter unlimited text by using...

Does MS Access db have problems with multiple users access it at once?
I am developing an Access db which will be used by multiple users. My questions are: Does MS Access have problems with multiple users accessing the db at once? If yes, what is your solution to this problem? I was informed that Access is not a good application for multiple users accessing it at once. Thank you for your assistance to this issue of mine. Will the users just be reading, or will multiple users be writing at the same time? I've seen data corruption in older (Access '97) databases with large numbers of users reading and writing. I haven't seen any corruption where...

Problem with Ms Access List Box
When i add a string to Ms Access List box which contains coma "," in it the string is separated and added as separate rows -- sree Posted via http://dbforums.com ...

Problem while connecting to MS Access 2007
Hi, I'm getting " Data source name not found and no default driver specified" Error while connecting to MS Access database through tomcat. I have created user DSN for my db. My connection code is: Connection con =null; try { Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); String conStr = "jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb)};DBQ=" + "D:\\OLD D DRIVE\\FileManager\\FileManager.mdb"; con = DriverManager.getConnection(conStr); } catch(Exception e) { e.printStackTrace();} On 9/1/2012 7:04 AM, ruds wrote: > Hi, I'm getting " Data source name not found and no default driver > specified" Error while connecting to MS Access database through > tomcat. I have created user DSN for my db. > My connection code is: > Connection con =null; > try { > Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); > String conStr = "jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver > (*.mdb, *.accdb)};DBQ=" + > "D:\\OLD D DRIVE\\FileManager\\FileManager.mdb"; > con = DriverManager.getConnection(conStr); > } catch(Exception e) { > e.printStackTrace();} Pre-2007 it is: .mdb files {Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)} driver 2007 and later is: .accdb files {Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb)} driver Also be ...

Use of Access 2002-2003 structure in MS Access 2007
Dear reader, Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access 2002-2003 format? Tanks for any assistance. Kind regards and all the best for 2009 Simon ...

Graph is not printing in MS-Access 2007 Report
Hi all I hav designed a databas in Access 2003. My Company is upgraded it by Access 2007. In the database there is a report, containing a graph that looks fine in preview but when printing to printer, I may only get an empty frame. I tried changing the page size, graph object size, printer settings without luck. Any clue what may be causing this odd behavior will be greatly appreciated. Naushad On Apr 1, 9:17=A0am, Naushad <nhai...@kockw.com> wrote: > Hi all > > I hav designed a databas in Access 2003. My Company is upgraded it by > Access 2007. In the database there is a report, containing a graph > that looks fine in preview but when printing to printer, I may only > get an empty frame. I tried changing the page size, graph object size, > printer settings > without luck. > > Any clue what may be causing this odd behavior will be greatly > appreciated. > > Naushad Hi Naushad, Can you try something? Install any free/trial PDF Printer driver, or any other printer and let me know if it prints (to see if there are incompatibilities between A2007/MS Graph and printer driver). Let me know what has happened. Regards, Branislav Mihaljev Microsoft Access MVP ...

Date format problem with Java and MS-Access
Hi, I'm using access as database for my Java applications.I have specified the Date format in Access as d/m/yyyy. But when I retrieve the data from the database, I get for some dates as m/d/yyyy format(for dates 1-10 specially). I have even formatted my dates using SimpleDateFormat in my jsp files as d/m/yyyy, but I'm still not able to get the dates in the correct format. Please help. ruds wrote: > Hi, > I'm using access as database for my Java applications.I have specified > the Date format in Access as d/m/yyyy. > But when I retrieve the data from the database, I ge...

How to access MS Access from Perl?

Old ms-access file, showing wrong text in access xp
Dear sirs: I've one old .mdb file ( since 97). now when I open it, it converts most of text to strange unicode characters. can I stop this conversion and ask access to just show original non-unicode characters? Thanks Bijan ...

Use of Access 2002-2003 structure in MS Access 2007 #2
Dear reader, Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access 2002-2003 format? Tanks for any assistance. Kind regards and all the best for 2009 Simon Simon van Beek wrote: > Dear reader, > > > > Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in > Access 2002-2003 format? > > > > Tanks for any assistance. > > > > Kind regards and all the best for 2009 > > Simon Yes. There might be some issues, though, depending on how you've programmed the db. Best suggestion, in my eyes, would be testing and playing around a little with *a* *copy* of the database and see what turns up. Most likely, you'd need to set the directory in which the database resides, as a trusted location. A very good sumup of "the good, bad and ugly" ;-) of Access 2007 is this list by Allen Browne http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html -- Roy-Vidar Simon, Best wishes to you too. One question: why do you use so many carriage returns in your messages? They cause readers having to unnecessary scroll. Thanks, John "Simon van Beek" <SvanBeekNL@Versatel.nl> schreef in bericht news:495f3ebf$0$28733$bf4948fe@news.tele2.nl... > Dear reader, > > > > Is it possible to run in Access 2007 an application designed in Access > 2002-2003 format? > > > > Tanks for any assistance. > > > > Kind regards and all the best for 2009 > > Simon >...

what is equivalent of format(date) function of MS Access in MS Sql Server 2000
Hi All, I am facing a problem with a sql what i used in MS Access but its not returning the same result in MS Sql Server 2000. Here i am giving the sql: SELECT TOP 3 format( MY_DATE, "dddd mm, yyyy" ) FROM MY_TAB WHERE MY_ID=1 The above sql in ACCESS return me the date in below format in one column: Friday 09, 2003 But in Sql server 2000 i am not getting the same format eventhough i am using convert function, date part function etc. Please if you find the solution would be helpful for me.. Thanks Hoque Hi If you field is a datetime, you can use the CONVERT function to conver...

Web resources about - MS-Access 2007. Report. Text box format problem - comp.databases.ms-access