MS Access database with a file extension of .mde - How do I open this database?

Good day:

Can you kindly assist me in opening a MS Access database with a file
extension of .mde?

I get an error message stating "This database is in an unrecognized
format".

Any help is greatfull.

TIA

This usually indicates an attempt to open an Access 2000 database in an
earlier version.

--
MichKa [MS]
NLS Collation/Locale/Keyboard Development

This posting is provided "AS IS" with
no warranties, and confers no rights.

"mary" <chloemelmom@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Good day:
>
> Can you kindly assist me in opening a MS Access database with a file
> extension of .mde?
>
> I get an error message stating "This database is in an unrecognized
> format".
>
> Any help is greatfull.
>
> TIA

0
michkap (337)
11/15/2003 8:45:38 PM
"mary" <chloemelmom@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Good day:
>
> Can you kindly assist me in opening a MS Access database with a file
> extension of .mde?
>
> I get an error message stating "This database is in an unrecognized
> format".
>
> Any help is greatfull.
>
> TIA

Best place to get answers is at the official MVP site:
http://mvp.org
Robyn Schulz, MVP

0
9mjvkwzs (2)
11/15/2003 11:22:56 PM
A) That url isn't.
B) If that's the best place to get answers, why do you hang out in a
newsgroup designed to give people answers to questions such as this? Do you
think you'll get everyone to abandon this newsgroup and hang out at dome mvp
site?
C) Michael's answer looks pretty spot on to me.

--
Jeremy Wallace
AlphaBet City Dataworks

"Robyn Schulz" <9mjvkwzs@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "mary" <chloemelmom@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Good day:
> >
> > Can you kindly assist me in opening a MS Access database with a file
> > extension of .mde?
> >
> > I get an error message stating "This database is in an unrecognized
> > format".
> >
> > Any help is greatfull.
> >
> > TIA
>

> Best place to get answers is at the official MVP site:
> http://mvp.org
> Robyn Schulz, MVP

"Jeremy Wallace" wrote

 > B) If that's the best place to get
 > answers, why do you hang out in a
 > newsgroup designed to give people
 > answers to questions such as this?

That's resident troll Don P Mellon, using one of his many pseudonyms. He
hangs around here just to irritate and to try to discredit real Microsoft
MVPs (I never saw a straight answer from Don saying why he has such a hatred
for the MVP program.)

 > Do you think you'll get everyone to
 > abandon this newsgroup and hang
 > out at dome mvp site?

Oh, no. By impersonating an MVP and giving that unhelpful and very
irriatating link, he hopes to discredit real MVPs. Long-time participants
here are familiar with his antics and tactics and mostly just ignore him,
but occasionally someone like me posts an explanation like this for new
participants.

On the other hand, he has done much worse in the past.

 > C) Michael's answer looks pretty spot on to me.

I've said before, and it's still true, "If Michael Kaplan tells you a
rooster can pull a train, you can go buy your ticket."

0
bouncer (4168)
11/18/2003 12:16:48 AM
"Larry Linson" <bouncer@localhost.not> wrote in message

>  > C) Michael's answer looks pretty spot on to me.
>
> I've said before, and it's still true, "If Michael Kaplan tells you a
> rooster can pull a train, you can go buy your ticket."

What if he just hints that he might just possibly know something
about a certain type of fowl that crows in the morning and has been
seen down by the tracks?

0
rkc (288)
11/18/2003 2:05:30 AM
"rkc"  wrote

 > What if he just hints that he might
 > just possibly know something
 > about a certain type of fowl that
 > crows in the morning and has been
 > seen down by the tracks?

Well, it'd be worth keeping an eye out for unusual or suspicious activity
down around the trainyard.

0
bouncer (4168)
11/18/2003 3:40:16 AM
Larry,

Wow, I can't believe I didn't pick up on that. I've definitely been around
here long enough to know him. Thanks for the heads up.

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Wallace
AlphaBet City Dataworks