MS Access database with a file extension of .mde - How do I open this database?

Good day:

Can you kindly assist me in opening a MS Access database with a file
extension of .mde?

I get an error message stating "This database is in an unrecognized
format".

Any help is greatfull.

TIA

This usually indicates an attempt to open an Access 2000 database in an
earlier version.

--
MichKa [MS]
NLS Collation/Locale/Keyboard Development

This posting is provided "AS IS" with
no warranties, and confers no rights.

"mary" <chloemelmom@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Good day:
>
> Can you kindly assist me in opening a MS Access database with a file
> extension of .mde?
>
> I get an error message stating "This database is in an unrecognized
> format".
>
> Any help is greatfull.
>
> TIA

0
michkap (337)
11/15/2003 8:45:38 PM
"mary" <chloemelmom@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Good day:
>
> Can you kindly assist me in opening a MS Access database with a file
> extension of .mde?
>
> I get an error message stating "This database is in an unrecognized
> format".
>
> Any help is greatfull.
>
> TIA

Best place to get answers is at the official MVP site:
http://mvp.org
Robyn Schulz, MVP

0
9mjvkwzs (2)
11/15/2003 11:22:56 PM
A) That url isn't.
B) If that's the best place to get answers, why do you hang out in a
newsgroup designed to give people answers to questions such as this? Do you
think you'll get everyone to abandon this newsgroup and hang out at dome mvp
site?
C) Michael's answer looks pretty spot on to me.

--
Jeremy Wallace
AlphaBet City Dataworks

"Robyn Schulz" <9mjvkwzs@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "mary" <chloemelmom@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Good day:
> >
> > Can you kindly assist me in opening a MS Access database with a file
> > extension of .mde?
> >
> > I get an error message stating "This database is in an unrecognized
> > format".
> >
> > Any help is greatfull.
> >
> > TIA
>

> Best place to get answers is at the official MVP site:
> http://mvp.org
> Robyn Schulz, MVP

"Jeremy Wallace" wrote

 > B) If that's the best place to get
 > answers, why do you hang out in a
 > newsgroup designed to give people
 > answers to questions such as this?

That's resident troll Don P Mellon, using one of his many pseudonyms. He
hangs around here just to irritate and to try to discredit real Microsoft
MVPs (I never saw a straight answer from Don saying why he has such a hatred
for the MVP program.)

 > Do you think you'll get everyone to
 > abandon this newsgroup and hang
 > out at dome mvp site?

Oh, no. By impersonating an MVP and giving that unhelpful and very
irriatating link, he hopes to discredit real MVPs. Long-time participants
here are familiar with his antics and tactics and mostly just ignore him,
but occasionally someone like me posts an explanation like this for new
participants.

On the other hand, he has done much worse in the past.

 > C) Michael's answer looks pretty spot on to me.

I've said before, and it's still true, "If Michael Kaplan tells you a
rooster can pull a train, you can go buy your ticket."

0
bouncer (4168)
11/18/2003 12:16:48 AM
"Larry Linson" <bouncer@localhost.not> wrote in message

>  > C) Michael's answer looks pretty spot on to me.
>
> I've said before, and it's still true, "If Michael Kaplan tells you a
> rooster can pull a train, you can go buy your ticket."

What if he just hints that he might just possibly know something
about a certain type of fowl that crows in the morning and has been
seen down by the tracks?

0
rkc (288)
11/18/2003 2:05:30 AM
"rkc"  wrote

 > What if he just hints that he might
 > just possibly know something
 > about a certain type of fowl that
 > crows in the morning and has been
 > seen down by the tracks?

Well, it'd be worth keeping an eye out for unusual or suspicious activity
down around the trainyard.

0
bouncer (4168)
11/18/2003 3:40:16 AM
Larry,

Wow, I can't believe I didn't pick up on that. I've definitely been around
here long enough to know him. Thanks for the heads up.

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Wallace
AlphaBet City Dataworks

"Larry Linson" <bouncer@localhost.not> wrote in message
> "Jeremy Wallace" wrote
>
>  > B) If that's the best place to get
>  > answers, why do you hang out in a
>  > newsgroup designed to give people
>  > answers to questions such as this?
>
> That's resident troll Don P Mellon, using one of his many pseudonyms. He
> hangs around here just to irritate and to try to discredit real Microsoft
> MVPs (I never saw a straight answer from Don saying why he has such a
hatred
> for the MVP program.)
>
>  > Do you think you'll get everyone to
>  > abandon this newsgroup and hang
>  > out at dome mvp site?
>
> Oh, no. By impersonating an MVP and giving that unhelpful and very
> irriatating link, he hopes to discredit real MVPs. Long-time participants
> here are familiar with his antics and tactics and mostly just ignore him,
> but occasionally someone like me posts an explanation like this for new
> participants.
>
> On the other hand, he has done much worse in the past.
>
>  > C) Michael's answer looks pretty spot on to me.
>
> I've said before, and it's still true, "If Michael Kaplan tells you a
> rooster can pull a train, you can go buy your ticket."

MS Access Script to import data from external mde database to mdb database
Hi, Does anyone know of a way I can write a script that imports a table from a particular .mde file? I don't seen any obvious way to do it as a macro. Any suggestions if it can be done as a macro or as a written module? My ultimate goal is to have script that clears info out of 1 table in an .mdb file, imports an identically structured table from a .mde file, runs an append query I have in place to copy the data from the imported table to the table in my.mbd file, and then delete the imported table. Any help that could be provided would be greatly appreciated. Best wishes, George Hadley ghadley_00@yahoo.com With DBEngine(0)(0) .Execute "DELETE * FROM Suppliers WHERE SupplierID IN (SELECT SupplierID FROM Northwind.mde.Suppliers)" .Execute "INSERT INTO Suppliers SELECT * FROM Northwind.mde.Suppliers" End With Is this code I would run as a module? Yes or you could use the strings in two separate saved queries. ...

Opening databases with out MS access
Hi, I have an Access database file with all the switchboard commands and what I want to do is to try to access the switchboard command without opening microsoft access. Which means i want to access the database without opening access. I am seeing if I can make this file an executable file but i dont think this is the solution. If anybody have any ideas, please help. Thanks > I have an Access database file with all the switchboard commands and > what I want to do is to try to access the switchboard command without > opening microsoft access. Which means i want to access the database > without opening access. I am seeing if I can make this file an > executable file but i dont think this is the solution. If anybody have > any ideas, please help. Thanks You cannot use Access interface without having Access installed into your pc. -- PBsoft di Gabriele Bertolucci www.pbsoft.it skype: pbsoftsolution http://www.mvps.org/access/general/gen0001.htm *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** "Gabriele Bertolucci" <info@REMOVEpbsoft.it> wrote > You cannot use Access interface without > having Access installed into your pc. You can use (but not modify the design of) an Access database if you have the Access runtime, as packaged by the Office Developer Edition (pre-2003) or by the Visual Studio Tools for Office 2003 System. If, in your view, installing the Access runtime qualifies as "having Access install...

Error on opening a database: MS JEt database says someone tries to modify the file
Hello, I've received a databasefile from a friend, which seems to be corrupted. When i try to open the file it gives the error: The Microsoft Jet Database Engine has stopped the proces, since you and another user are trying to modify the same data (translated from dutch). I can't do anythinh with this file. Even importing from another database or Compact and Repairing gives me the same message. Has anyone got a clue how to save the data in this .mdb file. Greetings, Remco Remco Groot Beumer wrote: > Hello, > > I've received a databasefile from a friend, which seems to be corrupted. > When i try to open the file it gives the error: > The Microsoft Jet Database Engine has stopped the proces, since you and > another user are trying to modify the same data (translated from dutch). > > I can't do anythinh with this file. Even importing from another database or > Compact and Repairing gives me the same message. Has anyone got a clue how > to save the data in this .mdb file. > > Greetings, > > Remco > > if your friend doesn't have a backup, it's shot. There are companies that you can sent it to which specialize in getting data out of corrupt Access databases....but it'll cost you a pretty penny! ...

Error on opening a database: MS JEt database says someone tries to modify the file #2
Hello, I've received a databasefile from a friend, which seems to be corrupted. When i try to open the file it gives the error: The Microsoft Jet Database Engine has stopped the proces, since you and another user are trying to modify the same data (translated from dutch). I can't do anythinh with this file. Even importing from another database or Compact and Repairing gives me the same message. Has anyone got a clue how to save the data in this .mdb file. Greetings, Remco ...

access MS-Access database in C# Windows Application
Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application Blocks to access the database. I have tried 2 possible connection strings. ----------------------------------------- str_1 = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" + DBFilePath; str_2 = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" + DBFilePath; //SqlHelper is the class in the Microsoft Application Blocks SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery( str_1, CommandType.Text, SQL_str); ----------------------------------- The error message I got is: "Unknown connection option in connection string: driver." for str_1 and " Unknown connection option in connection string: provider." for str_2 So I am wondering, where is the problem? Is it because my connection string for MS Access is specified wrongly? Or is it because I cannot use SqlHelper to access the MS Access database? ( I have used SqlHelper class to access the MS SQL server, and it works) Your help will be greatly appreciated. James James wrote: > Hi, I am trying to access the MS Access database on my local machine > in C# Windows Application in Visual Studio.NET. > > But it seems that it does not work. I use the Microsoft Application > Blocks to access the database. > > I have tried 2 possible connection strings. > > ----------------------------------------- > ...

Wanted
I am wanting to be able to write reports against an ms-access database that is part of another package. I only want to report from the database. What I need is a package that will allow me to create the reports and then be able to distribute a run-time version. The client may not have Office so the package must run standalone. It could get to the Access database through an ODBC driver. Does anyone know what packages available? It looks like Crystal Reports has taken out their runtime version with their latest software but that was only a footnote in a book that I was reading. Please provide me with a list to start researching. Thanks, Joe There used to be other third-party report writers, but I don't know how many have survived over the years -- Crystal Reports appears to have been the most popular of these packages. (It is the only one that I have observed closely in use, and I saw some impressive work done with it on web applications against SQL Server.) Unless the magnitude of the distributable would be a problem, you can create your reports in Access, and distribute the Access application to run them with Access' runtime support. You'll get the Access runtime support in the Office Developer Edition for Access 97 - 2002, and in the Visual Studio.NET Tools for Office 2003 System for Access 2003. If you have difficulties with deployment using only the Packaging and Distribution Wizard, you can use a third-party installer such as Wise InstallMaster or Instal...

Accessing Access database files
Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access database? I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run it because all my computers run Linux. -- martin@ | Martin Gregorie gregorie. | Essex, UK org | On 7/1/2014 9:28 AM, Martin Gregorie wrote: > Is there a JDBC driver or non-JDBC class library that would give a Java > program read/write access to the tables and schema in a MS Access > database? > > I don't need to update the database, just examine the schema and table > contents. I don't have a copy od the Access software and nowhere to run > it because all my computers run Linux. I haven't tried this myself, but Stack Overflow says: "You can use JDBC-ODBC bridge by calling: Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver") Then you can use JDBC database URL in form: jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=c:\\Nwind.mdb or if you configure your database in ODBC manager you can use its alias: jdbc:odbc:northwind " You might need an older copy of the JDK because the driver was removed in JDK 8. You can find drivers in a couple of places: http://jackcess.sourceforge.net/ http://ucanaccess.sourceforge.net/site.html On Tue, 01 Jul 2014 09:55:30 -...

open a pasword proteccted ms access database
Hi, So far I am using no pasword protected ms access database, now my client ask me to use the password protected one. Does anyone know how to do that using connection string? have tried just give the password only and blank on ussername but error. TIA "yanto" <yanto2000@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7dd63a1c-da3b-4a11-886a-f9dd8912e1a0@e6g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > So far I am using no pasword protected ms access database, now my > client ask me to use the password protected one. Does anyone know how > to do that using connection string? have tried ...

Open Source Database as an Alternative MS Access?
Is there any project team working on a PERSONAL database as an alternative to MS Access? TIA Dan <dan@nospam.com> writes: > Is there any project team working on a PERSONAL database as an > alternative to MS Access? http://www.icewalkers.com/Linux/Software/Applications/Databases/140/ In article <4YnOb.91694$fq1.71625@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com>, Dan wrote: > Is there any project team working on a PERSONAL database as an > alternative to MS Access? http://www.rekallrevealed.org/ Dave Cook Dan wrote: > Is there any project team working on a PERS...

Web resources about - MS Access database with a file extension of .mde - How do I open this database? - comp.databases.ms-access

HNN extension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... subgroups of G are conjugate (through a given isomorphism) in G' . In terms of the fundamental group in algebraic topology , the HNN extension ...

Microsoft Edge Gains Extension Support And Pinned Tabs In Latest Preview Build
... Edge was an improvement over Internet Explorer and a step back at the same time. For most people, the one big issue that was missing was extension ...

Skylake support on Windows 7 and 8.1 given a one year extension
Microsoft announced earlier this year that support for Skylake processors in Windows 7 and 8.1 would be quite limited: compatibility, reliability, ...

Windows 10 Insider Preview Redstone Build 14291 delivers extensions to Microsoft Edge and other improvements ...
... tweaks to the core and bug fixes. Windows 10 Insider Build 14291 is one the more noteworthy updates, finally delivering the long awaited extensions ...

Siamese Extension Cord
From the website: •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• This extension cord makes access to outlets in hard-to-reach places easy. The two six-foot-long ...

Latest Windows 10 preview brings Edge browser extensions
... has finally started testing the feature that could make its new Edge browser a real alternative to the likes of Chrome and Firefox: extensions. ...

Microsoft Previews First Batch of Edge Browser Extensions
Several months after its release, Microsoft is finally addressing one of the new Edge browser's most glaring omissions: add-on support.

Turn-Off-the-Lights-Edge-extension
Turn-Off-the-Lights-Edge-extension - Microsoft Edge

Univision and AT&T agree to another extension
Univision and AT&T have agreed to yet another extension as they continue carriage negotiations. The pact, announced early Saturday, keeps Univision's ...

Will all of economic growth be absorbed into life extension?
... choose? Addendum : Here is an earlier, “less gated” version of the paper . The post Will all of economic growth be absorbed into life extension? ...