MS Access Help: Copying database Relationships

Does anyone know if there's an easy way to export or copy the relationship
structure from one mdb to a new one? The relationships in the db are time
consuming to reproduce. I am trying to make a copy of a database including
all the relationships, forms, queries and modules while still within the
original database. This has to be a relatively automated process (button
click). Any suggestions?

yeah; use ACCESS DATA PROJECTS and you can do this all through TSQL.

-aaron

0
aaron.kempf (199)
7/6/2005 8:46:53 PM
Instead of Exporting, make: Get External Data --> Import...  All the
existing relationships will be imported with the tables.  Click on the
Options button on the Import dialog window to have more choices.

Also, I don't see your need to have made that much crossposting.

--
Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
MVP - Technologies Virtual-PC

"news.giganews.com" <anthony@cambria.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if there's an easy way to export or copy the relationship
> structure from one mdb to a new one? The relationships in the db are time
> consuming to reproduce. I am trying to make a copy of a database including
> all the relationships, forms, queries and modules while still within the
> original database. This has to be a relatively automated process (button
> click). Any suggestions?

0
Sylvain
7/6/2005 10:17:28 PM
Check out the CreateRelation method in Access Help.  There is an example
there.

I have not done this, but it looks like once you have copied all the tables
over from one db to the other, you then need to loop through the Relations
and use the CreateRelation method.  In addition to looking at Help, you
might want to Google on Access +CreateRelation, I got over 800 hits.

HTH
Dale

"news.giganews.com" <anthony@cambria.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if there's an easy way to export or copy the relationship
> structure from one mdb to a new one? The relationships in the db are time
> consuming to reproduce. I am trying to make a copy of a database including
> all the relationships, forms, queries and modules while still within the
> original database. This has to be a relatively automated process (button
> click). Any suggestions?

0
dale.fye (2)

Help connect Ms access database
Hello All, I am trying to connect an MS database without utilizing the help of the "querybuilder", I know how to do that using the "querybuilder" but this can't work as I am trying to do an exe file and be able to use it for other pc's that I have. I am doing the following, please correct me if I am wrong, but it is not working at all: dbpath=[matlabroot,'a\toolbox\database\dbdemos\trial.accdb']; conurl = ['jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb,*.accdb)};' ... 'DBQ=' dbpath] conn=database('Trial_now','','&#...

Help setting up Ms-Access Database
I'm hoping that someone here can give me some assistance with a database I'm trying to set up. My skills in Access are fairly basic, and I'm trying to skill up, but some of the stuff is a little opaque. I'm trying to put some data I've got on paper into Access. Recently, I got together with some other people marketing organic produce and offered to do some marketing for us on a coop basis in the city. The idea I had was to have four marketing packages for coop members with different rates and services. For want of something better lets call them P1, P2, P3 & P4 I'm thinking I'll need a table with the packages, and one listing the coop members with their details. In theory, a coop member might acquire another farm (either a new one or one from someone bailing out) and put it on a separate package. Which tables would have to have a relationship? I'm thinking the packages table containing the dat about each package would have to be related via a common field to the coop member table, and there would probably have to be a link between that and the farm table, through common fields -- maybe a unique ID in the coop member table could appear in the farm table and maybe the primary key from the package table could also appear in the farm table as a foreign key. But am I right? I'd also like to create a form that would list an individual coop member's details plus any packages they own and assume that all I'd need to do would ...

MS Access Script to import data from external mde database to mdb database
Hi, Does anyone know of a way I can write a script that imports a table from a particular .mde file? I don't seen any obvious way to do it as a macro. Any suggestions if it can be done as a macro or as a written module? My ultimate goal is to have script that clears info out of 1 table in an .mdb file, imports an identically structured table from a .mde file, runs an append query I have in place to copy the data from the imported table to the table in my.mbd file, and then delete the imported table. Any help that could be provided would be greatly appreciated. Best wishes, George Hadley ghadley_00@yahoo.com With DBEngine(0)(0) .Execute "DELETE * FROM Suppliers WHERE SupplierID IN (SELECT SupplierID FROM Northwind.mde.Suppliers)" .Execute "INSERT INTO Suppliers SELECT * FROM Northwind.mde.Suppliers" End With Is this code I would run as a module? Yes or you could use the strings in two separate saved queries. ...

MS Access Database
Interested profiles should be delivered at versatilehr.farook@gmail.com Title: MS Access Database Location-NC Duration-3 months Skills & Experience: MS Access Database experience: Must understand and have experience developing MS Access applications. =95 SQL experience =95 ODBC =95 Importing and exporting excel spreadsheets to and from Access DB =95 Forms development =95 working with DB objects =95 Creating New Databases The Relational Model of Data Storage Creating Relational Database Tables Assigning a Primary Key to a Table =95 Joining tables in Database =95 Queries and Advanced Queries using conditions =95 Macros =95 Reporting =95 Using Datasheets =95 Customizing tool bars Farook Ahmed On 19 May, 19:15, Farook Ahmed <farook.versatil...@gmail.com> wrote: > Interested profiles should be delivered at > versatilehr.far...@gmail.com > > Title: MS Access Database > Location-NC > Duration-3 months > > Skills & Experience: > MS Access Database experience: Must understand and have experience > developing MS Access applications. > =95 SQL experience > =95 ODBC > =95 Importing and exporting excel spreadsheets to and from Access DB > =95 Forms development > =95 working with DB objects > =95 Creating New Databases > =A0The Relational Model of Data Storage > Creating Relational Database Tables > Assigning a Primary Key to a Table > =95 Joining tables in Database > =95 Queries and Advanced Queries using c...

databases.ms-access
hi for fun masti, fashion, articles,mobiles, cars etc plz visit these sites http://www.familypk.com http://www.enttwist.com thanks ...

MS Access databases
Hello, I have been trying to read a simple MSAccess database and show the records on screen but no success so far. I have created a DSN (Data Source Name) in my Win 2k box and the connection goes ok. But when I try to return a ResultSet using a simple SELECT statement, ("SELECT * FROM MyTable") no records appear. Database is Ok. It is a very simple table. I don't get *any* error message but also no records from it. Is there anything special I need to do for accessing it? Does anybody have a simple code for accessing MSAccess databases? (From DSN creation till sample code) Thanks in Advance. Java Newbie. import java.sql.*; public class DataBase { public static void main(String[] args) { String data = "jdbc:odbc:YahooAddrBook"; // data base friendly nam try { Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection( data, "", ""); Statement st = conn.createStatement(); String q = "SELECT * " + "FROM yahoo_ab " + // table name "WHERE (\"Last Name\" LIKE '"+ args[0]+"') "+ "ORDER BY (\"First Name\")"; System.out.println(q); ResultSet rec = st.executeQuery(q); while(re...

MS Access database
A client of mine has another 3rd party program which uses MS Access database. They want my to create an additional program which is to read this data. My problem is that the database has a password on it. I know there are cracks available at a cost of USD$45.00+. Does anybody have a free crack to retrieve the database password? Would this be unethical or be a copyright of reverse engineering violation? The data is owned by the client so I recon is would be fine to read the data! Regards, Lance It's your data. As long as you don't sell it or use their data in any software that you...

MS Access Database
Hi, I am working on a database to keep track all the caller's info in the database. For example: After the user entered a caller's information in the database, and when that same caller called back again the second time and then some of their information and also the client id automatically appeared on the screen so that the user don't need to retype them again. I want to keep track of each record as new records. The Id and first name will be the same. When I run a report I can link them all together and knowing that this person had called in twice! Any suggesti...

Weird Problem... MS Access create a copy of the database by itself?
What might cause MS Access to create a copy of the database by itself? I have a Front End and a BE on a databse, but, some users, when click on the short cut, another FE database is created with the exact name of the FE but with a 1 at the end. i.e. FE "ABC.mdb", then when a certain user access it, an "ABC1.mdb" is created permanently until I delete it manually. Then, that same user access it again, another one is created. What's happening? Thanks for your help in advance. Perry Perry, do you have Compact On Close turned on under your options? Chances are that the spurious databases are left over as the result of a faulty compact. Access 2007 can do this, but older versions can too. In general Compact on Close is not a good idea. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. <perryche@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1176477933.206090.253790@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > What might cause MS Access to create a copy of the database by > itself? > > I have a Front End and a BE on a databse, but, some users, when click > on the short cut, another FE database is created with the exact name > of the FE but with a 1 at the end. i.e. FE "ABC.mdb", then when a > certain user access it, an "ABC1.mdb" is created permanently until I > delete it manually. Then, that same u...

Web resources about - MS Access Help: Copying database Relationships - comp.databases.ms-access

Same-sex relationship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A same-sex relationship is a relationship between two persons of the same sex and can take many forms, from romantic and sexual , to non-romantic ...

Entity-relationship model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In software engineering , an entity-relationship model ( ER model for short) is an abstract and conceptual representation of data . Entity-relationship ...

How to save your relationship after cheating
VIDEO: Your relationship could be saved after cheating with these tips.

Mel B, Eddie Murphy baby daddy drama over: Relationship now ‘respectful’
MEL B’S baby daddy drama with Eddie Murphy is officially over.

Lawyer-Client Relationships: Healthy Or Tinder?
One of the most challenging aspects of running a law firm or law department is the classic problem of all buyers and sellers: how do you get ...

Air Force assistant vice chief fired over unprofessional relationship
AirForceTimes.com Air Force assistant vice chief fired over unprofessional relationship AirForceTimes.com The Air Force assistant vice-chief ...

My Love-Hate Relationship With Comment Spam
... spammy comments from real ones, I don't think twice before clicking the "Delete Permanently" button. So this is my love-hate relationship with ...

Gwen Stefani on her "miracle" relationship with Blake Shelton - Videos - CBS News
In this preview of an interview to be broadcast on "Sunday Morning," singer-songwriter Gwen Stefani tells Lee Cowan how her relationship with ...

Marcia Clark on her relationship with Chris Darden: ‘We were trenchmates’
... hinted that the legal eagles are attracted to each other, Marcia talked to Vulture about the ep. When asked about the possible romantic relationship ...