MS Access - Help Needed

I need a quick help regarding MS Access reports.

Let me explain the scenario in my report with an example:

Total marks scored by students in a various level. I have ordered it
according to the level first. For the level I have a group header.
Under a particular level I have ordered it according to the section. I
have not introduced a group header for section. Now I need to
calculate the total marks of the students on the particular section
and also at the particular level.

----------------------
Level: 1
----------------------
	Section A
1)	Student 1 � Mark
2)	Student 2 � Mark
3)	Student 3 � Mark

Total:           -------
	Section B
1)	Student 1 � Mark
2)	Student 2 � Mark
3)	Student 3 � Mark

Total:           -------
-----------------------
Total Marks at the Level: --------
-----------------------

Calculating the total marks for the level is not a problem as there is
group header. But calculating the total marks for the section is now a
problem. I cannot use a group header for the section as it is making
changes in my logic. I have set the section text box to hide the
duplicate values. So it appears like a header.

How should I calculate the total marks for the session? Can I write a
VBA script that makes this work like footer?

Could anybody help me on this?

Jack,
This is *so* much a data warehouse problem.  Your grain of fact is each
assignment for a student, session (date a section met), section, class, term
and classroom.  Your dimensions are at a minimum student, session, section,
class, and term.  In my version of a grading application I also included
assignment type since my school weighted grades based on assignment type.
If you do a search on this news group in Google you should turn up the other
postings I've done discussing a grading database in detail.  If you can't
find them or want me to post them again, let me know.

"Jack" <rekha.here@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I need a quick help regarding MS Access reports.
>
> Let me explain the scenario in my report with an example:
>
> Total marks scored by students in a various level. I have ordered it
> according to the level first. For the level I have a group header.
> Under a particular level I have ordered it according to the section. I
> have not introduced a group header for section. Now I need to
> calculate the total marks of the students on the particular section
> and also at the particular level.
>
> ----------------------
> Level: 1
> ----------------------
> Section A
> 1) Student 1 - Mark
> 2) Student 2 - Mark
> 3) Student 3 - Mark
>
> Total:           -------
> Section B
> 1) Student 1 - Mark
> 2) Student 2 - Mark
> 3) Student 3 - Mark
>
> Total:           -------
> -----------------------
> Total Marks at the Level: --------
> -----------------------
>
> Calculating the total marks for the level is not a problem as there is
> group header. But calculating the total marks for the section is now a
> problem. I cannot use a group header for the section as it is making
> changes in my logic. I have set the section text box to hide the
> duplicate values. So it appears like a header.
>
> How should I calculate the total marks for the session? Can I write a
> VBA script that makes this work like footer?
>
> Could anybody help me on this?

0
knogeek (392)

Access needs to be installed for me to use MS Access
Hi, Is it required for MS Access to be installed on machines on which I need to deploy windows app which uses MS Access as its backend. If no then how do I access and wrie to access database? Thanks, Vikas. <vikassah@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1166161668.556801.183030@n67g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Is it required for MS Access to be installed on machines on which I > need to deploy windows app which uses MS Access as its backend. If no > then how do I access and wrie to access database? If Access, or the Access runtime (from the developer extensions) is not on the user's machine, then the front-end can be written in a language that supports either DAO or ADO, both of which are available in libraries that are compatible with classic VB (through V6), C++, C#, or VB.NET. There are ther programming languages that can use Windows DLLs, too. Just for the record, though even Microsoft makes the same slip, what you have is _not_ an Access backend, but a Jet database engine backend. DAO support for Jet is available in the "MDAC 5.0" and earlier, and ADO support is available in that, and later versions of MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Components). Larry Linson Microsoft Access MVP ...

How to access MS Access from Perl?

databases.ms-access
hi for fun masti, fashion, articles,mobiles, cars etc plz visit these sites http://www.familypk.com http://www.enttwist.com thanks ...

MS Access database
A client of mine has another 3rd party program which uses MS Access database. They want my to create an additional program which is to read this data. My problem is that the database has a password on it. I know there are cracks available at a cost of USD$45.00+. Does anybody have a free crack to retrieve the database password? Would this be unethical or be a copyright of reverse engineering violation? The data is owned by the client so I recon is would be fine to read the data! Regards, Lance It's your data. As long as you don't sell it or use their data in any software that you...

MS Access Database
Hi, I am working on a database to keep track all the caller's info in the database. For example: After the user entered a caller's information in the database, and when that same caller called back again the second time and then some of their information and also the client id automatically appeared on the screen so that the user don't need to retype them again. I want to keep track of each record as new records. The Id and first name will be the same. When I run a report I can link them all together and knowing that this person had called in twice! Any suggesti...

MS Access Database
Interested profiles should be delivered at versatilehr.farook@gmail.com Title: MS Access Database Location-NC Duration-3 months Skills & Experience: MS Access Database experience: Must understand and have experience developing MS Access applications. =95 SQL experience =95 ODBC =95 Importing and exporting excel spreadsheets to and from Access DB =95 Forms development =95 working with DB objects =95 Creating New Databases The Relational Model of Data Storage Creating Relational Database Tables Assigning a Primary Key to a Table =95 Joining tables in Database =95 Queries and Advanced Queries using conditions =95 Macros =95 Reporting =95 Using Datasheets =95 Customizing tool bars Farook Ahmed On 19 May, 19:15, Farook Ahmed <farook.versatil...@gmail.com> wrote: > Interested profiles should be delivered at > versatilehr.far...@gmail.com > > Title: MS Access Database > Location-NC > Duration-3 months > > Skills & Experience: > MS Access Database experience: Must understand and have experience > developing MS Access applications. > =95 SQL experience > =95 ODBC > =95 Importing and exporting excel spreadsheets to and from Access DB > =95 Forms development > =95 working with DB objects > =95 Creating New Databases > =A0The Relational Model of Data Storage > Creating Relational Database Tables > Assigning a Primary Key to a Table > =95 Joining tables in Database > =95 Queries and Advanced Queries using c...

Web resources about - MS Access - Help Needed - comp.databases.ms-access

Local access and transport area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Local access and transport area (LATA) is a term used in U.S. telecommunications regulation. It represents a geographical area of the United ...

Facebook Expanding Access to Conversion Lift Measurement
Facebook launched conversion lift measurement in January 2015 with the goal of helping advertisers track conversions instead of clicks, and the ...

Planet OS Opens Access To Weather Data
... for software developers using weather data to power their apps, researchers and climate specialists enabling them to discover, access and build ...

Access your clipboard from any PC or Mac with 1Clipboard
1Clipboard is a free tool which enables sharing your clipboard contents with other PCs or Macs. The developer says that Android and iOS apps ...

Sci-Hub — Free access to every scientific paper ever published
Say what? How is it I only heard of this this week? Long story headlined "Should All Research Papers Be Free?" from the New York Times short: ...

US says losing access to China-claimed waters would be huge
CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — A U.S. Navy commander warned Wednesday that if the United States lost access to international waters claimed by China ...

MIT, Harvard researchers push new way for users to control access to personal data
Cryptography researchers at MIT and Harvard have developed software called Sieve that is designed to help users keep track of encrypted personal ...

How to access Google Drive files faster with Launch Center Pro
... Launch Center Pro has solved many workflow problems for me over the years. Most recently it’s been an immense time-saver when it comes to accessing ...

Cal Investigation Finds Assistant Coach Sexually Harassed Reporter Who Accused Him Of Trying To Trade ...
... a copy of Cal’s investigation into the matter, and even Hufnagel’s own statements make it appear that he attempted to trade sex for access, ...

Paragon's early access starts now, no more progress wipes
Paragon is gearing up for launch in the future, but for now, Epic is keen on putting it into an Early Access phase. The good news is that there ...