MS Access Linked table problem

Hi. I've got a strange problem with linked tables in MS Access.

The linked tables are on SQL Server 2000, and the Access version is
2003.

When any of the the column names contain a space, I get an "incorrect
syntax" error. When the column names do not contain a space, the table
opens OK. So I assume it's some problem with the ODBC connector.
However, the ODBC version is the same as on another PC that can open
the linked tables (same database) without any problems.

Any ideas?

Try wrapping your field names in square brackets. i.e. tablename!
[field name].
   -tc

On Mar 4, 4:51=A0am, benb <Ben.Baw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi. I've got a strange problem with linked tables in MS Access.
>
> The linked tables are on SQL Server 2000, and the Access version is
> 2003.
>
> When any of the the column names contain a space, I get an "incorrect
> syntax" error. When the column names do not contain a space, the table
> opens OK. So I assume it's some problem with the ODBC connector.
> However, the ODBC version is the same as on another PC that can open
> the linked tables (same database) without any problems.
>
> Any ideas?

0
tomclavel (22)

Accessing Oracle Tables from MS Access
How difficult is this? I'm having a tough time getting a simple select to work. I am using MS Access 2002 and Windows XP. What do I have to do to make a simple select statement like this work: select id from emp I have stumbled upon many websites although none straight to the point. Any help in how to get this done, or pointing me in the right direction of a book or website, would be greatly appreciated! berj Yes, I do have the table links working. But I did want to run the select for such things as grabbing the next number off of a sequence. As in: select test.nextval fro...

Problem with MS Access Database
------=_NextPart_000_0038_01C56A17.539605A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, I'm using wxWidgets now a long time for designig my applications. This weekend I tried first to use the Database classes, but I've got a problem with them... I've got an Microsoft Access Datenbase, with two tables: Orte(ID, Staat, Name, and so on) PLZOrte(ID, PLZ) This tables are set into a relationship. The field ID ist the primary key in Orte and set up the relation. Now I'd like to do a query to this database in my...

MS Access VBA making multiple tables in database from a main table.
I have a database table called "tbl_personal" and struggling to VBA program a bit of code to create multiple tables in a database from the main "tbl_personal" table. In this case the 'color' column is the field I would like to look at. 1. Identify the number of unique records in column 'color' 2. For each color record that is label as red in the "tbl_personal" table, create a table called 'red' and populate with all red records in from the "tbl_personal" table. 3.Then move onto the next unique color and repeat the whole process again. 4. When all unique color tables are created in MS Access database end with a msg "batch process done" name surname age color country aa aaa 1 red UK bb bbb 10 green USA cc ccc 20 blue China dd ddd 30 red Germany ee eee 40 green France ff fff 1 blue Italy gg ggg 20 red Spain hh hhh 40 yellow Canada ii iii 34 black Italy =85 Is this doable automatically in MS Access? Many thanks. brenda Are you sure you want to do this? I would expect 3 tables vis: Table of Personel with PersonelID, Suname, FirstName, ColourID, CountryID & DateOfBirth (Age will be out of date next birthday and should be calculated), Table of Colours ColourID & Colour Table of Countries CountryID & Country. You can then use simple queries to return all the red people or people who live in UK. Am I missing something? Phil <bbcdancer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:495c4ca6...

How to access MS-Access metadata tables (eg MSysObjects)
Dear all, I have an MS-Access MDB-file with hundreds of tables and want to know when they were created and/or modified. The MS-Access metadata table MSySObjects includes this information, but I have not managed to read it from SAS. (CLI describe error tells me that I have no reading access) --> Does anybody have a working code example for this? I have tried the libname ACCESS and Libname ODBC variants. Regards Dietrich -- DIETRICH ALTE, Dipl.-Statistiker, Dr. rer. med. Wiss. Projektmanager "Study of Health in Pomerania (SHIP)" Institut f�r Community Medicine - SHIP/KEF EMA-Universit�t Greifswald - Medizinische Fakult�t Walther-Rathenau-Str. 48, D-17475 Greifswald, Germany URL ship.community-medicine.de Phone ++49(0)3834-867713, Fax ++49(0)3834-866684 ...

Does MS Access db have problems with multiple users access it at once?
I am developing an Access db which will be used by multiple users. My questions are: Does MS Access have problems with multiple users accessing the db at once? If yes, what is your solution to this problem? I was informed that Access is not a good application for multiple users accessing it at once. Thank you for your assistance to this issue of mine. Will the users just be reading, or will multiple users be writing at the same time? I've seen data corruption in older (Access '97) databases with large numbers of users reading and writing. I haven't seen any corruption where...

MS Access linked tables MYSQL
Hi Folks, im using MS Access as a front end to link to MYSQL. although this is possibly a MYSQL issue i thought someone would be able to help me. the error message "ODBC--insert on a linked table 'tablname' failed" is displayed when i attempt to insert records to the MYSQL table. Does anyone know of a way round this ?? im using the most recent MYSQL driver and i have only text fields in my insert statement. Is there an Access setting or permission that i must change thanks in advance CG <csgraham74@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1147726709.116174.41660@v46g200...

Blocking MS Access linked tables...
Good morning... I have an Access front end that uses SQL Server linked tables. SQL Server uses Windows authentication. I have one Windows group that all Access users are a member of. I added that group to SQL Server logins and gave it public, datareader, and datawriter rights to the one database that's used. My front end is locked down, but I want to stop users from creating a new ..mdb and linking SQL Server tables through DSNs or ADO connections or even just importing the links from the actual front end.. I've tried setting the "denydatareader" security policy - that k...

Re: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name
i am not sure if SAS will support long file name if you use libname. a workaround is to use passthrough. On Jan 16, 2008 12:31 PM, JKamgang@Yahoo.com <JBKamgang@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear All, > > > > Happy New Year , > > > > Please, I need your help in figuring out how to access in SAS a MS > Access > table name which has more than 32 characters. As this program merges 5 > databases, I need to have almost everything automated. That's why I > don't want to rename manually the table names. > > > > Please find the program below. > > > > Thanks in advance for your kind assistance, > > > > Jean Baptiste > > > > The program: > > - - - > > > > options VALIDVARNAME=ANY ; > > libname DBsource access 'S:\Data > Management\External\Projects\MTCT-Plus\MTCT-Plus November 2007 > Data\Programs\Data\MTCT-PlusData All.mdb'; > > /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ > > > > data* pedResultadd ; > > set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional'n (keep = > > testid studyid labid i2 i2_da i2_mo i2_yr i2a i2b i2text > > ); > * > > run*; > > - - - The log - - > > 1636 > > 1637 /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ > > 1638 > > 1639 data pedResultadd ; > > 1640 set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTestResultsAdditional...

Re: How to access MS-Access metadata tables (eg MSysObjects)
The answer is given here: Problem Note 7495: No read permission on System Tables when using SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC with a Microsoft Access ODBC Driver http://support.sas.com/kb/7/495.html Regards Dietrich Dietrich Alte schrieb: > Dear all, > > I have an MS-Access MDB-file with hundreds of tables and want to know > when they were created and/or modified. > The MS-Access metadata table MSySObjects includes this information, > but I have not managed to read it from SAS. > (CLI describe error tells me that I have no reading access) > --> Does anybody have a working code example for this? > I have tried the libname ACCESS and Libname ODBC variants. > > Regards > > Dietrich > -- DIETRICH ALTE, Dipl.-Statistiker, Dr. rer. med. Wiss. Projektmanager "Study of Health in Pomerania (SHIP)" Institut f�r Community Medicine - SHIP/KEF EMA-Universit�t Greifswald - Medizinische Fakult�t Walther-Rathenau-Str. 48, D-17475 Greifswald, Germany URL ship.community-medicine.de Phone ++49(0)3834-867713, Fax ++49(0)3834-866684 ...

Re: MS Access 2003: Linked Tables
Dear Informixers, a while ago I posted a question about a problem linking IDS 7.31UD8 tables into MS Access 2003 using the Informix ODBC driver from I-Connect 2.81TC3. This driver is in the file "iclit09b.dll" in the INFORMIXDIR\bin directory and has version # 3.82.0.11811. In the meantime, I found that the ODBC driver from the previous Connect version 2.81TC2 works; it has version # 3.82.0.11600. Just copying the older dll over the newer one did the job. I still wonder why IBM/Informix cannot get their act together and supply ODBC drivers that just work. From sporadic postings in this group, I gather that even the ODBC driver from the newest 2.90 program suite still has problems, especially with Access. However, from the low number of postings about this topic, I assume that not many peoply bother using Informix's driver... Regards, Richard Richard Spitz wrote: > I still wonder why IBM/Informix cannot get their act together and > supply ODBC drivers that just work. From sporadic postings in this > group, I gather that even the ODBC driver from the newest 2.90 > program suite still has problems, especially with Access. However, > from the low number of postings about this topic, I assume > that not many peoply bother using Informix's driver... I don't use the ODBC drivers with Access so can't comment on your original problem. I somewhat agree with the sentiment about CSDK. We have a serious ...

How to access MS Access from Perl?

Re: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name #2
Hi Jean, It looks like your problem is that you've got a quote in a table name: Additional'n=20 If it is possible to rename that table, that might work. =20 Also, if you use the import feature in SAS, it will write code for you = that you can save and put in a program- you might try that to see if it = can handle this kind of file name. I'd rename the table in Access, = though- a quote in a table name is likely to contiously cause you = problems. -Mary ----- Original Message -----=20 From: JKamgang@Yahoo.com=20 To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU=20 Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 11:31 AM Subject: How to access automatically in SAS a MS Access table name = which has more than 32 characters? Dear All, Happy New Year , Please, I need your help in figuring out how to access in SAS a MS Access table name which has more than 32 characters. As this program merges 5 databases, I need to have almost everything automated. That's why I don't want to rename manually the table names. Please find the program below. Thanks in advance for your kind assistance, Jean Baptiste The program: - - - options VALIDVARNAME=3DANY ; libname DBsource access 'S:\Data Management\External\Projects\MTCT-Plus\MTCT-Plus November 2007 Data\Programs\Data\MTCT-PlusData All.mdb'; /* Creating the Pediatric HIV result information additional */ data* pedResultadd ; set dbsource.'tblInfantHIVTest...

Web resources about - MS Access Linked table problem - comp.databases.ms-access

Puerto Rico Miss Universe Kristhielee Caride stripped of title over 'attitude problem'
Puerto Rico's 2016 Miss Universe contestant has been stripped of her crown after officials said she had an attitude problem.

Zero rates may be the problem stopping inflation
US Federal Reserve voting member James Bullard suggested that zero interest rate policy might be preventing much-needed inflation returning. ...

Things I Didn’t Know Were Problems
Pigeons and tawny crazy ants. Who knew? Here’s something that might be a problem: Would you be alarmed if your smallish freshwater fish tank ...

Casa de Oro residents fight problems in community - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel ...
Concerned residents in Casa de Oro continued their fight against illegal pot shops Thursday as they continue to see several pop up along Campo ...

Researchers Crack 50-Year-Old Nuclear Waste Problem
Researchers from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill have cracked a 50-year-old nuclear waste problem that will make nuclear storage ...

Alphabet plans analytics platform to help cities solve traffic problems
Sidewalks Labs, a unit of Google parent-company Alphabet, is teaming up with the U.S. Department of Transportation to build a data and analytics ...

Report: Obama Pushes Donors To Back Hillary Despite Authenticity Problems
Report: Obama Pushes Donors To Back Hillary Despite Authenticity Problems

Turkish public says refugees EU’s problem, does not care about deal
Many members of the public consider the ongoing refugee crisis to be a problem for the EU and do not give much importance to a deal between Ankara ...