MS Access reports containing line charts are inaccurate after upgrade from access 97 to 2000

Dear all,

I've encountered an unusual problem having just recently upgraded an Access
97 database to Access 2000 format and was hoping somebody could point me in
the direction of a solution.

1. The problem:

Essentially, a couple of the reports which contain SeriesLine charts are NOT
displaying the series-lines (i.e. the results) on the charts correctly in
Preview mode or when printed out. However, they ARE displaying the results
correctly on the charts when the reports are viewed in DESIGN mode.

2. Background:

-I have upgraded the database from Access 97 to 2000 format with very few
changes.

-The forms and reports are from the original Access 97 database

-A few minor mods were made to the VBA code but none of this affects the
reports.

-I have checked the recordsets used by the charts in both 97 and 2000
versions and the data used is identical.  Thus it appears to be something to
do with how the chart 'object' is interpreting the recordset.

The Access 97 database was using the following references
-DAO 3.51.
-Microsoft Access 8.0 object library

The Access 2000 format db includes the following references
-DAO 3.6
-Microsoft Access 8.0 object library

Thanks in advance

Nick J

0
johnsonn1 (3)

Sorry,

A mistake in my previous post.

The Access 2000 format db is using  "Microsoft Access 9.0 object library",
not 8.0 as previously posted.

"NickJ" <johnsonn@unimelb.edu.au> wrote in message
> Dear all,
>
> I've encountered an unusual problem having just recently upgraded an
> Access 97 database to Access 2000 format and was hoping somebody could
> point me in the direction of a solution.
>
> 1. The problem:
>
> Essentially, a couple of the reports which contain SeriesLine charts are
> NOT displaying the series-lines (i.e. the results) on the charts correctly
> in Preview mode or when printed out. However, they ARE displaying the
> results correctly on the charts when the reports are viewed in DESIGN
> mode.
>
> 2. Background:
>
> -I have upgraded the database from Access 97 to 2000 format with very few
> changes.
>
> -The forms and reports are from the original Access 97 database
>
> -A few minor mods were made to the VBA code but none of this affects the
> reports.
>
> -I have checked the recordsets used by the charts in both 97 and 2000
> versions and the data used is identical.  Thus it appears to be something
> to do with how the chart 'object' is interpreting the recordset.
>
> The Access 97 database was using the following references
> -DAO 3.51.
> -Microsoft Access 8.0 object library
>
> The Access 2000 format db includes the following references
> -DAO 3.6
> -Microsoft Access 8.0 object library
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Nick J

0
johnsonn1 (3)
7/21/2005 3:30:38 AM
The chart is not updated to reflect the current data when in design
mode. Tt reflects the values in the query behind it when the query was
last updated from the report. this is why it will look different in
design view to in preview mode.

If the result is different to what it looks like in design mode, then
the result has different data then there was when the chart was
created, or when the query was last modified.

Select the chart and view the query. open it in table view, select all
and then copy. close the query and double click on the chart object.
when the source data chart opens, select all, delete and then copy the
information.

The chart will now change to reflect the new data. If this looks wrong
then there are three possible causes:
1. most likely, the query is wrong somewhere
2. the data in the tables has changed significantly
3. there is a setting on the chart which stops it expanding properly
with the data - e.g. maximum value set for the y-axis

If, however the chart still looks ok in design mode but different in
preview, then I'm absolutely stumped!

0
coleman.bill (236)
7/21/2005 7:43:41 AM
Many thanks BillCo,

I'll check it out.

Regards

Nick

"BillCo" <coleman.bill@gmail.com> wrote in message
> The chart is not updated to reflect the current data when in design
> mode. Tt reflects the values in the query behind it when the query was
> last updated from the report. this is why it will look different in
> design view to in preview mode.
>
> If the result is different to what it looks like in design mode, then
> the result has different data then there was when the chart was
> created, or when the query was last modified.
>
> Select the chart and view the query. open it in table view, select all
> and then copy. close the query and double click on the chart object.
> when the source data chart opens, select all, delete and then copy the
> information.
>
> The chart will now change to reflect the new data. If this looks wrong
> then there are three possible causes:
> 1. most likely, the query is wrong somewhere
> 2. the data in the tables has changed significantly
> 3. there is a setting on the chart which stops it expanding properly
> with the data - e.g. maximum value set for the y-axis
>
> If, however the chart still looks ok in design mode but different in
> preview, then I'm absolutely stumped!

0
johnsonn1 (3)

Read-Only ODBC Access to MS Access 2000
I have created an ODBC File DSN data source in Windows XP. I have successfully used this DSN to link tables from a Sybase SQL Anywhere database to Access 2000. How can you make this ODBC connection read-only? P.S. I would like to make the ODBC connection itself read-only (if possible) rather than adding security to the MS Access DB. ...

From access 97 to access 2000
Hi, My Delphi-application uses an Access 97 database called 'sysmex.mdb'. I'd like to convert this to an Access 2000 database called 'sysmex2000.mdb'. I succeeded in converting this database to the Access 2000-format (done by Access 2000). However, the Delphi application is unable to read the Access 2000 format. These are the values of the Params field of my TDatabase component: DATABASE NAME=C:\Sysmex\Sysmex.mdb LANGDRIVER= OPEN MODE=READ/WRITE SYSTEM DATABASE= PASSWORD= Changing the database name to C:\Sysmex\Sysmex2000.mdb got me the following error: Gen...

How to access MS Access from Perl?

Accessing Access

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to > access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to > log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way > around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. > Thanks Mike > We have just started this database so any changes would be better done > sooner. It's highly recommended to have the database split with the data on the shared network drive and a copy of the frontend (forms/reports/etc) on each PC. You'll still get issues if people try to edit the same record for example. Also, you must make sure each user has permission to create new files on the network dive/folder where the MDB is located as Access dynamically creates an LDB file for record locking. If they can't create this file then Access reverts to single-user only. -- regards, Br@dley Br@dley wrote:...

Why upgrade to MS SQL Server (be it 2000 or 2005) from Access (say, 97)?
Probably this question has been asked hundreds of times and yet net search has not generated satisfactory enough answer, at least, to me. And OK, let's assume your organization has more than 200 employees, just one measure to indicate that it's not small and data processing needs are quite extensive (for both OLTP and OLAP). We've heard so much about concurrency support, stability and performance. Are there any real persuasive paper out there to talk about it? Now, let me also put it in another perspective, say, you're a Microsoft sql server sales guy or gal for that matte...

access newbie- how to modify datasource name in MS Access 97 app?
I have an old MS Access 97 application that we're converting to a web-based app. I completed the necessary mods on the original product, but need to point to a test database. The app uses a machine datasource that uses Oracle 7.3 drivers- some 5 years old- I created a new datasource that works great, but am having trouble identifying where Access 97 stores the datasource name information. please post here, THANKS! Don Not sure how you're going to make an Access application web-bases, but... Have you tried using the Linked Tables Manager to point to your new datasource? "D...

MS Access 2000 Report
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C575B1.BDBDF050 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, I need a create report in Landscape, but for the life of me cannot = figure out how. Please Help. Thanks, Chuck ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C575B1.BDBDF050 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type ...

Web resources about - MS Access reports containing line charts are inaccurate after upgrade from access 97 to 2000 - comp.databases.ms-access

Donald Trump Goes to Washington for GOP Establishment Events
NBCNews.com Donald Trump Goes to Washington for GOP Establishment Events NBCNews.com Donald Trump is taking his amped up outsider campaign ...

Obama to meet Raul Castro on historic Cuba trip
By Daniel Trotta and Matt Spetalnick HAVANA (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama turns from sightseeing to state business on his historic ...

Full Episode: GMA 03/20/16: HS Students Survive Devastating Bus Crash in Indiana
Paris Terror Suspect Admits Pulling Out of Suicide Bombing; Spring Cleaning Offers Opportunity to Start Fresh

IRAQ: Temecula Marine killed in Islamic State rocket attack
NBCNews.com IRAQ: Temecula Marine killed in Islamic State rocket attack Press-Enterprise Staff Sgt. Louis F. Cardin is the second combat death ...

Justin Bieber Addresses Haters In ‘Be Yourself’ Speech During Impromptu Los Angeles Performance
Justin Bieber knows a thing or two about coping with haters. His advice? “Be Yourself.” And that’s exactly what the pop superstar told fellow ...

After Salah Abdeslam's arrest, six critical questions
CNN After Salah Abdeslam's arrest, six critical questions CNN (CNN) A wave of relief swept through Brussels and the Belgian security services ...

Indian Wells CEO says WTA rides on men's coattails
Indian Wells CEO Raymond Moore said Sunday that the WTA rides the coattails of the men's game, and he lauded "attractive" female players.

Amy Adams Shines At ‘Batman Vs. Superman’ Premiere, Talks Strengths Of Lois Lane
As usual, Amy Adams has once again graced the public with her class and charm. On Sunday, the 41-year-old actress attended the premiere of one ...

Senate Republican leader: No lame-duck hearing of court pick
WASHINGTON (AP) — No Supreme Court hearings, no votes, not during regular business or a postelection lame-duck session, the Senate’s majority ...

Korea Box Office: ‘Zootopia’ Retains Weekend Top Spot
“Zootopia” enjoyed its second weekend on top of the Korea box office in its fifth week of release.