MS Access Script to import data from external mde database to mdb database

Hi,

Does anyone know of a way I can write a script that imports a table
from a particular .mde file? I don't seen any obvious way to do it as a
macro. Any suggestions if it can be done as a macro or as a written
module?

My ultimate goal is to have script that clears info out of 1 table in
an .mdb file, imports an identically structured table from a .mde file,
runs an append query I have in place to copy the data from the imported
table to the table in my.mbd file, and then delete the imported table.

Any help that could be provided would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,

George Hadley
ghadley_00@yahoo.com

0
ghadley_00 (35)

    With DBEngine(0)(0)
        .Execute "DELETE * FROM Suppliers WHERE SupplierID IN (SELECT
SupplierID FROM Northwind.mde.Suppliers)"
        .Execute "INSERT INTO Suppliers SELECT * FROM
Northwind.mde.Suppliers"
    End With

0
lylefairfield (1852)
2/17/2006 4:41:42 PM
Is this code I would run as a module?

0
ghadley_00 (35)
2/17/2006 6:02:05 PM
Yes

or you could use the strings in two separate saved queries.

0
lylefairfield (1852)

Importing data from an Excel spreadsheet into an MS Access database
I need to import data from a spreadsheet that is created new every day into an MS Access database. The data is in a workbook consisting of multiple work sheets. I plan to import using the TransferSpreadsheet method. The name of the spreadsheet will change every day, but the position of the data to be imported will always be the same. Here is my problem: Having never used this method before, I am unsure as to what to put in the Range parameter. The Range is (let's say) B26:L26 in a sheet labeled "TodayData". How would I put that in the Range parameter? Help in VBA only sh...

databases.ms-access
hi for fun masti, fashion, articles,mobiles, cars etc plz visit these sites http://www.familypk.com http://www.enttwist.com thanks ...

MS Access databases
Hello, I have been trying to read a simple MSAccess database and show the records on screen but no success so far. I have created a DSN (Data Source Name) in my Win 2k box and the connection goes ok. But when I try to return a ResultSet using a simple SELECT statement, ("SELECT * FROM MyTable") no records appear. Database is Ok. It is a very simple table. I don't get *any* error message but also no records from it. Is there anything special I need to do for accessing it? Does anybody have a simple code for accessing MSAccess databases? (From DSN creation till sample code) Thanks in Advance. Java Newbie. import java.sql.*; public class DataBase { public static void main(String[] args) { String data = "jdbc:odbc:YahooAddrBook"; // data base friendly nam try { Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"); Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection( data, "", ""); Statement st = conn.createStatement(); String q = "SELECT * " + "FROM yahoo_ab " + // table name "WHERE (\"Last Name\" LIKE '"+ args[0]+"') "+ "ORDER BY (\"First Name\")"; System.out.println(q); ResultSet rec = st.executeQuery(q); while(re...

MS Access database
A client of mine has another 3rd party program which uses MS Access database. They want my to create an additional program which is to read this data. My problem is that the database has a password on it. I know there are cracks available at a cost of USD$45.00+. Does anybody have a free crack to retrieve the database password? Would this be unethical or be a copyright of reverse engineering violation? The data is owned by the client so I recon is would be fine to read the data! Regards, Lance It's your data. As long as you don't sell it or use their data in any software that you...

MS Access Database
Interested profiles should be delivered at versatilehr.farook@gmail.com Title: MS Access Database Location-NC Duration-3 months Skills & Experience: MS Access Database experience: Must understand and have experience developing MS Access applications. =95 SQL experience =95 ODBC =95 Importing and exporting excel spreadsheets to and from Access DB =95 Forms development =95 working with DB objects =95 Creating New Databases The Relational Model of Data Storage Creating Relational Database Tables Assigning a Primary Key to a Table =95 Joining tables in Database =95 Queries and Advanced Queries using conditions =95 Macros =95 Reporting =95 Using Datasheets =95 Customizing tool bars Farook Ahmed On 19 May, 19:15, Farook Ahmed <farook.versatil...@gmail.com> wrote: > Interested profiles should be delivered at > versatilehr.far...@gmail.com > > Title: MS Access Database > Location-NC > Duration-3 months > > Skills & Experience: > MS Access Database experience: Must understand and have experience > developing MS Access applications. > =95 SQL experience > =95 ODBC > =95 Importing and exporting excel spreadsheets to and from Access DB > =95 Forms development > =95 working with DB objects > =95 Creating New Databases > =A0The Relational Model of Data Storage > Creating Relational Database Tables > Assigning a Primary Key to a Table > =95 Joining tables in Database > =95 Queries and Advanced Queries using c...

MS Access Database
Hi, I am working on a database to keep track all the caller's info in the database. For example: After the user entered a caller's information in the database, and when that same caller called back again the second time and then some of their information and also the client id automatically appeared on the screen so that the user don't need to retype them again. I want to keep track of each record as new records. The Id and first name will be the same. When I run a report I can link them all together and knowing that this person had called in twice! Any suggesti...

Web resources about - MS Access Script to import data from external mde database to mdb database - comp.databases.ms-access

Externals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
All of the Externals were originally portrayed as immortal and important, playing an extremely major role in the future and Apocalypse 's rise ...

BuzzFeed Tries Out an External Banner Ad
... the NBCUniversal streaming comedy service Seeso, over the weekend. The digital media site has long favored custom-made native ads over external ...

More on AMD’s XConnect Tech: Thunderbolt 3 for External Radeons
... AMD issued a driver update that brought support for a new technology, XConnect. In a nutshell, XConnect is AMD’s trade name for running external ...

AMD wants to standardize the external GPU
(credit: Robert Hallock) AMD hints that it's working on a new external graphics card solution that promises to be "the answer" to "ultrathin" ...

Xiaomi's new Mi Powerbank Pro is a 10,000 mAh external battery with USB Type-C
... LG's G5 and Xiaomi's Mi 5 unveiled with USB Type-C. But, for consumers, having it on a new smartphone may actually be an issue. An external ...

Three external hard drives up to 5TB are on sale at deep discounts on Amazon
... it's always worth considering. Well wouldn't you know it, Amazon is currently offering bigger-than-normal discounts on three different external ...

Gamers rejoice! AMD releases Thunderbolt 3 driver for external video cards
AMD has issued a driver update that will allow ultrathin notebooks or 2-in-1 laptops to connect via Thunderbolt 3 to external GPU enclosures ...

Razer's 'Core' external GPU ships in April for $500
Razer announced pricing and availability for its new Core external graphics box at GDC on Wednesday. The device is available for pre-order starting ...

Merkel on refugee crisis: ‘We need protection of external borders’
“It is good if EU and Turkey share the burden, but we need protection of external borders,” said German Chancellor Angela Merkel on her arrival ...