MS Access to AS400 problem..

Hello,

I'm still trying to get this to work.

I'm using Access tabledefs to connect to AS400.  I need to refresh the
existing links to different AS400 machines (same tablenames). I need a
DSN-less ODBC connection (not ADO OLE DB) to AS400 from Access.  My function
is somehting like this:

Public function ConnectMe() as string

dim db as dao.database
dim sConnect as string
set db = currentdb
sConnect = "ODBC;Driver={Client Access ODBC Driver
(32-bit)};System=MyAS400;Uid=MyID;PWD=MyPassowrd"
db.tabledefs("table1").connect = sConnect
db.tabledefs("table1").RefreshLink

End Function

When I execute this I get the error:

Reserved error (-7778); there is no message for this error.

Any suggestions???

Thank you.

Matthew Wells
MWells@FirstByte.net

0
MWells1 (70)

You will need to drop and recreate the tabledefs.  Don't forget to set
the SourceTableName.  See my comments in the thread

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.databases.ms-access/browse_frm/thread/68ca9f128c3dd5c9/7955f783e029651c?q=zlatko&rnum=20#7955f783e029651c

Bill E.
Hollywood, FL

0
billmiami2 (162)

Problem with MS Access Database
------=_NextPart_000_0038_01C56A17.539605A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, I'm using wxWidgets now a long time for designig my applications. This weekend I tried first to use the Database classes, but I've got a problem with them... I've got an Microsoft Access Datenbase, with two tables: Orte(ID, Staat, Name, and so on) PLZOrte(ID, PLZ) This tables are set into a relationship. The field ID ist the primary key in Orte and set up the relation. Now I'd like to do a query to this database in my...

Does MS Access db have problems with multiple users access it at once?
I am developing an Access db which will be used by multiple users. My questions are: Does MS Access have problems with multiple users accessing the db at once? If yes, what is your solution to this problem? I was informed that Access is not a good application for multiple users accessing it at once. Thank you for your assistance to this issue of mine. Will the users just be reading, or will multiple users be writing at the same time? I've seen data corruption in older (Access '97) databases with large numbers of users reading and writing. I haven't seen any corruption where...

Problem with MS Access 97 database security
All, I recently started at a company that has a number of older MS Access 97 database applications that support production and order fulfillment. There is one database with which I have the following problems: 1) no one can make modifications to the database except by logging in using the database creator's userid and password on the workstation used by that person, who has of course left the company. Anyone else who tries to access the database, even the system administrator, gets the message "You dont have the nececssary permissions to use the xxxxxxxxx object.Have your system administrator or the person who created the object establish the appropriate permissions for you." 2) We logged in and "added" another person with the same permissions as the creator for all database objects, except we did not change the database object "ownerships", and the problem still persists. I suspect that the ownerships are the problem. Is this so? 3) I dont know anything about the restriction to a particular machine. Can anyone enlighten me on this issue? TIA JL <jliebman@kjlsoftware.com> wrote in message news:1176986756.146353.213270@e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > All, > > I recently started at a company that has a number of older MS Access > 97 database applications that support production and order > fulfillment. There is one database with which I have the following > problems: > > 1) no one can make modifications ...

How to access MS Access from Perl?

Problem concatenating memo fields in MS access database
I have an access database form where I have a button that is supposed to be appending the contents of 1 memo field to another is behaving non-predictably. The code is: Me![ToDo] = Me![ToDo] & Chr$(13) & Chr$(10) & Me![Studies1] & Chr$(13) & Chr$(10) & Me![Studies2] Me![Meds] = Me![MedsEntered] & Chr$(13) & Chr$(10) & Me![IVF] & Chr$(13) & Chr$(10) & Me![Diet] DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acRecordsMenu, acSaveRecord, , acMenuVer70 Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong? Could there be a casting problem? (I just want to append the text of 1 field to another field - am I actually assigning objects this way?) Any help would be greatly appreciated. GH ghadley_00@yahoo.com I have managed this in a report without the $ sign e.g. =[FirstName] & " " & [lastname] & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & IIf([job title] Is Not Null,[job title] & Chr(13) & Chr(10),"") It does not use memo fields but I would think they would work OK? James <ghadley_00@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1131535433.245165.221450@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I have an access database form where I have a button that is supposed > to be appending the contents of 1 memo field to another is behaving > non-predictably. The code is: > > Me![ToDo] = Me![ToDo] & Chr$(13) & Chr$(10) & Me![Studies1] & > Chr$(13) & Chr$(10) & Me![Studies2] > Me![Meds] = Me![MedsEnter...

Problem with MS Access 97 database security #2
[...]

Weird Problem... MS Access create a copy of the database by itself?
What might cause MS Access to create a copy of the database by itself? I have a Front End and a BE on a databse, but, some users, when click on the short cut, another FE database is created with the exact name of the FE but with a 1 at the end. i.e. FE "ABC.mdb", then when a certain user access it, an "ABC1.mdb" is created permanently until I delete it manually. Then, that same user access it again, another one is created. What's happening? Thanks for your help in advance. Perry Perry, do you have Compact On Close turned on under your options? Chances are that the spurious databases are left over as the result of a faulty compact. Access 2007 can do this, but older versions can too. In general Compact on Close is not a good idea. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. <perryche@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1176477933.206090.253790@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > What might cause MS Access to create a copy of the database by > itself? > > I have a Front End and a BE on a databse, but, some users, when click > on the short cut, another FE database is created with the exact name > of the FE but with a 1 at the end. i.e. FE "ABC.mdb", then when a > certain user access it, an "ABC1.mdb" is created permanently until I > delete it manually. Then, that same u...

Web resources about - MS Access to AS400 problem.. - comp.databases.ms-access

China has a $777 billion problem with unpaid bills
Not since 1999 have China's companies had so much trouble getting customers to actually pay for what they've bought.

China has a $777 billion problem with unpaid bills
Not since 1999 have China's companies had so much trouble getting customers to actually pay for what they've bought.

Puerto Rico Miss Universe Kristhielee Caride stripped of title over 'attitude problem'
Puerto Rico's 2016 Miss Universe contestant has been stripped of her crown after officials said she had an attitude problem.

Zero rates may be the problem stopping inflation
US Federal Reserve voting member James Bullard suggested that zero interest rate policy might be preventing much-needed inflation returning. ...

Things I Didn’t Know Were Problems
Pigeons and tawny crazy ants. Who knew? Here’s something that might be a problem: Would you be alarmed if your smallish freshwater fish tank ...

Despite a "Terror Recruitment Problem", Obama Continues Importing Nearly 1,000 Somalis Each Month
... in Somalia. Others have been convicted of sending material support to overseas terrorist organizations... ...The [radicalization] problem has ...

Casa de Oro residents fight problems in community - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station - KFMB Channel ...
Concerned residents in Casa de Oro continued their fight against illegal pot shops Thursday as they continue to see several pop up along Campo ...

Turkish public says refugees EU’s problem, does not care about deal
Many members of the public consider the ongoing refugee crisis to be a problem for the EU and do not give much importance to a deal between Ankara ...