MS Access trying to access the Internet

The personal firewall on my computer keeps informing me that MS Access
is trying to access the Internet.  I deny the process from continuing,
so I don't know where it is trying to go.  Is this typical behavior for
MS Access?  Thanks.

0
animedreamer (136)

How to access MS Access from Perl?

Accessing Access

access to Access
We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it including me. We are using it on a network and more than one person is trying to access it at once. Needless to say this isn't working as one has to log out first before another can enter data. Is there an easy way around this? Or a complicated way, actually I'll take anyway. Thanks Mike We have just started this database so any changes would be better done sooner. Mike Kelliher wrote: > We use MS access 2000 at work and few people know how to work it > including me. > We are using it on a network and mo...

Accessing Oracle Tables from MS Access
How difficult is this? I'm having a tough time getting a simple select to work. I am using MS Access 2002 and Windows XP. What do I have to do to make a simple select statement like this work: select id from emp I have stumbled upon many websites although none straight to the point. Any help in how to get this done, or pointing me in the right direction of a book or website, would be greatly appreciated! berj Yes, I do have the table links working. But I did want to run the select for such things as grabbing the next number off of a sequence. As in: select test.nextval fro...

ms-access 2007 online? How can users log on to access 2007 from the internet?
10 years ago, the below was written (see very end, after my signature RL). What, if anything, has changed? I have Access 2003 and soon Access 2007 on a Windows XP Professional or Windows Vista Ultimate machine, with SQL Server Express running on it, and I want somebody, with a password (which I will provide) to be able to log onto a A03 or A07 dB from the internet. Now that I type this I realize that unless I put the database onto a web server somewhere, probably that will be impossible without some third-party software (which I vaguely recall exists somewhere, just released this year, allowing any user of WIndows to become a sort of personal server), so let me rephrase: 1) same question as above--I doubt there's a clear answer, but can somebody access Access given the above? What third party software? Ah, let me Google this: a lot of TP s/w and even something from MSFT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Home_Server. So the question remains: can Access 2003 or 2007 be configured to be remotely accessible using such S/W like "Home Server"? (this merges into question 2) 2) modifying the above: assume I put a copy of Access 03/07 dB onto a web server, such as a business and/or personal web server that hosts my company business page. I will provide a link and/or the user will FTP to the Access database that is now online. Can Access 2003 or 2007 do this? Allow remote access? Is it built in? Assume the person is running Windows, but it could be Wi...

MS Access Question for Access Gurus
I have one table called Album another table called Song One Album has many songs I created an Album form that contains a Song Subform. in the Song table I have a field id which is the primary key, and another field called index The song index is a number that represents the song number on the record. For example on the Beatle's Album: Abbey Road the song indices are as follows: Track Listings 1. Come Together 2. Something 3. Maxwell's Silver Hammer 4. Oh! Darling 5. Octopus's Garden 6. I Want You (She's So Heavy) 7. Here Comes the Sun ...

ms access data access pages
hi my self uttam . i am working in r & d organization . friends i need a he lp from u . if any one of u know how add two sections(consisting of caption, header, footer ) be displayed on the same data page in ms access 2003 or 2005.i tried to display two tables on the data page in tabular format but i could not do it. it is allowing to display one table but it is not allowing to display the other table separately in tabular format . i want more than one table in tabular format to be dispalyed in data page separately with some text in-between tables. plz reply me with regards uttam On Mar 24, 5:06 am, kunu...@gmail.com wrote: > hi my self uttam . i am working in r & d organization . friends i > need a he lp from u . if any one of u know how add two > sections(consisting of caption, header, footer ) be displayed on the > same data page in ms access 2003 or 2005.i tried to display two tables > on the data page in > tabular format but i could not do it. it is allowing to display one > table but it is not allowing to display the other table separately in > tabular format . i want more than one table in tabular format to be > dispalyed in data page separately with some text in-between tables. > plz reply me > with regards > uttam Use a form and subforms. ...

Accessing MS-Access from Solaris and AIX
Hi: I am using Sun JdbcOdbcDriver to access MS-Access from Java client on Windows platform. We are in the process of migrating from Win to Solaris and AIX platform. MS-Access will continue to reside on Win platform. How can I access MS-Access from Java client on Solaris and AIX? Can I still use Sun JdbcOdbcDriver?. What drivers or files do I need on Solaris and AIX platforms? If Sun JdbcOdbcDriver for MS-Access is not possible on these platforms, please let me know alternatives. (I can't change database product) Thanks, Vasanth on 7/12/2004 11:48 AM Vasanth Wrote: > Hi: > I am using Sun JdbcOdbcDriver to access MS-Access from Java client on > Windows platform. We are in the process of migrating from Win to > Solaris and AIX platform. MS-Access will continue to reside on Win > platform. How can I access MS-Access from Java client on Solaris and > AIX? Can I still use Sun JdbcOdbcDriver?. What drivers or files do I > need on Solaris and AIX platforms? If Sun JdbcOdbcDriver for MS-Access > is not possible on these platforms, please let me know alternatives. > (I can't change database product) > > Thanks, > Vasanth Vasanth, You would need odbc drivers on Solaris/AIX. Googling for odbc unix gives a good hit: http://www.easysoft.com/solutions/accessnw.phtml Its a good place to start your investigations from... -- Shanmu. Vasanth wrote: > Hi: > I am using Sun JdbcOdbcDriver to access MS-Acce...

Read-Only ODBC Access to MS Access 2000
I have created an ODBC File DSN data source in Windows XP. I have successfully used this DSN to link tables from a Sybase SQL Anywhere database to Access 2000. How can you make this ODBC connection read-only? P.S. I would like to make the ODBC connection itself read-only (if possible) rather than adding security to the MS Access DB. ...

Web resources about - MS Access trying to access the Internet - comp.databases.ms-access

Internet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Internet is a global system of interconnected computer networks that use the standard Internet protocol suite (TCP/IP) to link several billion ...

Internet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Internet is a global system of interconnected computer networks that use the standard Internet protocol suite (TCP/IP) to link several billion ...

Internet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... government networks of local to global scope, linked by a broad array of electronic, wireless, and optical networking technologies. The Internet ...

Internets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
" Internets ", also known as " The Internets ", is a Bushism -turned- catchphrase used humorously to portray the speaker as ignorant about the ...

Internet Evolution - The Macrosite for News, Analysis, and Opinion about the Future of the Internet
The next big leap forward in the history of the Internet is happening now: Internet Evolution (www.internetevolution.com) is a Web 2.0 online ...

Internet cheers up 'Sad Papaw' after grandkids stand him up for dinner
The only grandchild to show up for a burger dinner made by her grandfather tweeted a picture of him getting stood up that has gone viral.

Test Case: Can I Survive A Week Without Surfing The Internet?
Please welcome our newest columnist, Allison Peryea, and check out her column's fun concept.

Half of China's Ad Spending Will Go Toward the Internet This Year, GroupM Says
A report from GroupM shows just how fast China's advertisers are moving their budgets into the digital space. Five years ago, the internet accounted ...

Time Magazine Announces 30 Most Influential People On the Internet
Time Magazine announced recently its second annual (unranked) list of top 30 influencers on the internet, and they aren’t all Hollywood celebrities ...

Young people prefer an Internet connection to daylight
Technically Incorrect: A UK survey suggests that daylight isn't all that at least in young people's enlightened minds. Neither is hot water. ...